In-Depth Bants

The Rest of the Foursome

Re: The Rest of the Foursome

PostPosted by swofro » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:45 pm

fancybum wrote:
fancybum wrote:Wonder if he'll do a video for it.


Lovely and fun little celebratory vid and I expected nothing less.

I think the vid is cute with the fast pace editing. It is so Peej-esque.

i also want to admit that i kinda like his content now but it had been a hit and miss to me for a long time and I hope I don't regret clicking the subscribe button :-D
Love is forever
User avatar
swofro
butterglutton
 
Posts: 885
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:39 pm
Location: Orion's belt
Pronouns: She/her/sheep

Re: The Rest of the Foursome

PostPosted by fancybum » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:31 am

Ok since these two are doing nothing of note recently (um no offence though) and Evan's kind of getting dragged in the main thread, I'm going to muddy his name some more here because it's a hobby I enjoy. So I've watched Evan's last two liveshows on younow (and hated it, why do I keep doing it) and he's been asked for his thoughts on PJ. And BOTH TIMES he's said some variation of "he's got the cutest smile on YT", "he's so adorable". No mention of his content or him as a person, just praising his face in a not-sincere manner. Soo I get the sense Evan doesn't think much of him and can't be mature enough to not answer questions related to him? Like I'm not aware of any beef between them, but his answers are either 1. inexplicable shade to PJ or 2. mimicking fangirls who think PJ is cute and frankly both interpretations paint Evan as a bitter douchebag sooo wtf. That's all. I hope Chris is still alive.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
Image
User avatar
fancybum
cat whiskers
 
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:06 pm
Location: bork

Re: The Rest of the Foursome

PostPosted by JLynne » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:01 am

Huh, that's interesting. PJ is on good terms with Dodie, Emma, etc and I've never really heard of any drama surrounding PJ and other youtubers (besides Lex, but that was ages ago). I feel like Evan just doesn't watch PJ's videos. Considering PJ is wholly creative and original, I can see why he wouldn't be Evan's cup of tea...
JLynne
squish
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 7:48 am

Re: The Rest of the Foursome

PostPosted by fancybum » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:58 pm

JLynne wrote:Huh, that's interesting. PJ is on good terms with Dodie, Emma, etc and I've never really heard of any drama surrounding PJ and other youtubers (besides Lex, but that was ages ago). I feel like Evan just doesn't watch PJ's videos. Considering PJ is wholly creative and original, I can see why he wouldn't be Evan's cup of tea...

:lol: :thanks:
Well they seem to have played Smash Bros together at SITC just fine today, so who knows.

Why aren't people who attended the panels uploading them immediately? Like. Please stop enjoying the convention and upload videos for us plebs who aren't there pls, we're missing out on all the dirt. I want to see the Youtube Honesty Hour panel so bad, apparently Jon Cozart was dragging everybody and YT and I wanna see! And Jimmy brought up the FF and how Chris gets hassled all the time about it:


I want video :cry:

Also I feel like an asshole for thinking this way because it's very blame-the-victim, but I think if Chris ignored all of that and got back into doing his own thing on YT or wherever (were he so inclined), people would have more incentive to move on... PJ gets along fine these days; I'd say basically every YTer gets bombarded with questions and comments about D&P whether they've ever been affiliated with them or not, there's just more of a direct link when it comes to Chris and he's so off-the-radar, the past seems closer. If that makes sense.. Like I feel bad for him, but then feel bad for feeling bad for him, because he doesn't need sympathy and it's patronizing. The internet is frustrating. So is Chris.

Oh and some short film thing that he was part of is going to be on Vimeo on the 15th, All Killer:
We made a horror/comedy/opera for Vimeo called All Killer, about an ambitious young musician who joins a murderous Glee club. It's got loads of amazing people in it including Jack Howard, Hazel Hayes, Jemma McKenzie-Brown, Hannah Witton, Chris Kendall, Leslie Wai and three sexy talented dudes called The Midnight Beast.


I don't know how interested I actually am in seeing it, but I've wasted 4 dollars on worse so I'll give it a watch. :shrug:
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
Image
User avatar
fancybum
cat whiskers
 
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:06 pm
Location: bork

Re: The Rest of the Foursome

PostPosted by 000dia000 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:06 am

*PJ uploads new video*
"...an incomprehensible mess of drivel and garbage, scrounged from different parts of the internet and mashed together by what I can only imagine as a child or a monkey..."
Oh, no.

Oh, wait. Never mind.
"I think the true moral is don't write garbage about people you don't know"
:lol: sometimes I wonder how he would feel about GG or even just this forum, maybe we have another lurker? :illuminati:
Though in all honesty, I imagine it's quite insulting reading things that are purely fictional and how you dislike it does put it in perspective for some people, but I have to admit I don't think even websites like the one PJ is on will go away overnight, *cough cough* :backawayslowly: Nonetheless it really puts a lot of discussion and speculation into light, sometimes I wonder how deppy really feel about IDB?
So apparently PJ has rage blackouts and beat his Dad to death with a baseball bat? Discuss?
Image
User avatar
000dia000
woodland creature
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:17 am
Location: Ireland

Re: The Rest of the Foursome

PostPosted by wtfamidoinghere » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:42 pm

While i'm not the biggest fan of PJ's work, i generally think he's a VERY good guy.
But the whole video all i could think about was how somewhere a 9 year old hardcore fan was crying because their idol just called them a monkey (and worse). :?

Spreading lies about people is bad and i usually have little sympathy when karma strikes, but i can't help imagining this kid who might have heard these weird rumours somewhere and thought they were true, not really understanding what they meant anyway.

Of course, there's also the chance that it was written by an adult and the grammar is only this bad because it wasn't a native speaker, but still.

Am i overreacting?
User avatar
wtfamidoinghere
sad dimple
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:02 am
Location: Bavaria
Pronouns: she/her

Re: The Rest of the Foursome

PostPosted by Ticia » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:47 pm

I also think it was not a funny video, at all. He exclusively laughs at the grammar and mocks the author or authors, when in fact the content itself of the wikia was not insulting / fake / hurtful.
Image
User avatar
Ticia
haru pillow
 
Posts: 773
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:19 am
Location: Europe
Pronouns: her / she

Re: The Rest of the Foursome

PostPosted by anathema » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:34 pm

I don't know, I personally found PJ's video really funny :shrug: :? To me it didn't seem something that a kid wrote (so I don't think there's some 9 year old fan out there who now has their feelings hurt), but rather that someone put some "facts" together in another language, ran it through google translate, and posted it. But, I'm also a massive PJ stan, so maybe I'm biased. Though, whether or not you liked the video, I think his point at the end still stands.
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
User avatar
anathema
ar·tic·u·late
 
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:10 pm
Location: hell
Pronouns: she/her

Re: The Rest of the Foursome

PostPosted by JLynne » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:28 pm

Yeah the paragraph on "net worth" and "investments" was clearly not something written by a kid. It sounds like it was probably one of many celebrity fact sheets cooked up at a content farm and run through Google translate. And these types of wiki articles are written purely to generate clicks/ad revenue through search engine optimization, so I can see why PJ is being sassy about this type of site profiting off garbage.

To be fair, it wasn't all complete garbage. A bit of research does have to be done to figure out his hometown, after all.
JLynne
squish
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 7:48 am

Re: The Rest of the Foursome

PostPosted by fancybum » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:28 pm

Chris came back and the hills are alive with the sound of music:

(Honestly my eternal thanks go out to these people who use magic to get younow broadcasts right onto youtube, especially now that younow is being the worst.)

2:35 “I got these flowers for being nominated for a Streamy award. They’re dying.”

3:00 “Sorry I haven’t done anything in— I’m not sorry. I’m not apologising.”

3:20 "So what have I been up to? Umm. Been busy. I’ve had a lot on, I’ve been.. sorting out all my comic books *pans camera to show kitchen table full of them* because I’m having to sell them all. I’m broke. Bankrupt. So selling all the comics. Superman Issue #1. Not worth anything, so I shouldn’t have collected them to begin with. *sighs* I mean, they’re all DC comics as well. What was I thinking? Nobody likes DC anymore. All the films keep coming out and driving my prices down."

9:40 “I need to start thinking about how I’m going to come back to YT, keep my content really clean, you know? For the kids watching and the advertisers. One of my biggest advertisers is Hyundai. They send me a lot of money to talk about Hyundai cars and stuff like that, so if I want to keep bringing in that money, I shall not say fuck again. Some of the things I’m not going to say on YT: Fuck. Bugger. Tits. What else is there? The C-word. Cuuun.. I daren’t even say it here. They might pull my Nescafe brand-- my brandership deal. Can’t lose that. I won’t be able to do sexual humour anymore, and we know how sexy some of my stuff got. Partial nudity is a no-no? That was my main source of income. I’m a little partial to nudity. I’m gonna have to start my old PornHub channel back up again; get my cock out."

15:40 - chat: What are you doing in terms of work?
You sound like my mum. Nothing! I’m a YTer, aren’t I? I make YT videos everyday.

21:00 - chat: Please tell us the reason you haven’t uploaded
*shrugs* It’s just boring now, isn’t it? Youtube. I mean it’s been 6 months maybe, 7 months? That’s not a big deal. It’s just that I don’t know what to do really. I don’t know what to come back with. I will come back though.

Chat asks him to talk about the Mandela effect:
[explains theory about different universes or whatever]… OR... or perhaps sometimes companies change the names of stuff to sell it overseas and occasionally some people bring out naff products like ‘Sex in the City’ merchandise that isn’t actually Sex AND the City [so they don’t run into copyright issues]. I didn’t know what the Mandela effect was until I watched Shane Dawson talk about it and it was all this stuff about 'Curious George used to have a tail and now he doesn’t have a tail'. Well that just means they stopped drawing the tail, it doesn’t mean we’ve changed universes.

24:35 - I wasn’t at SITC because I wasn’t feeling very well and I actually didn’t know it was happening until I went on twitter and I saw everybody talking about it.

25:25 - I don’t know when— I do know I’m coming back to YT soon, so stay subscribed. There’s a plan, a big announcement coming up.

25:45 - "2022, why are people saying 2022? The only thing that happens in 2022 is that Dan and Phil get married. People who are new to crabstickz don’t understand that I can— I have travelled— not back and forth through time [lag] but into different dimensions. One in which I saw that phan is real. Now do not turn that into some kind of [younow] moment and share it, okay? Because what I’m saying is phan is real but in different universes. The thing is there’s an infinite amount of universes and within those anything is possible. Okay? There’s one universe where I’m doing quite well and I’m a millionaire. I don’t know anything about phan in this universe, okay? I just know that there are universes where they do get married. But they are different people [lag-- in essence?]. Is there a universe where Harambe is alive? Of course there is. There’s a universe where Harambe is president. There's a universe where Harambe is my sister. Which, to be honest, is quite close to the one I'm in now. She doesn't watch this, it's fine. She was shot.

27:40 - chat: When do we get another FF video?
*laughs* You’re new here. D’you know what I mean? You must be new. 4 years too late my darling. 4 years too late. That’s as dead as Harambe.

31:30 -
I’ve actually decided, and I think it’s probably a healthy thought, that I don’t really want to get 1M subscribers. It might happen, and that’s fine. But I kind of just don’t— it seems like the bigger you are on YT, the more hassle you get. I’d rather just have a nice little group and just get really good at making videos, if you get what I mean. It seems like that’s a better focus.

Like with that pewdiepie video recently where he had to make a big announcement that he was having 7 days off. It feels like— I mean, he works everyday, they all work so hard. And that’s because they’ve, you know— Youtube’s weird, isn’t it? I always find it weird when I talk to different YTers and they say, “I like to do YT because it means I get to be my own boss.” But I swear YTers work harder than anyone. Tomska, he’s another one that works pretty much every day. And even when they’re not working, they’re thinking about it. Like me, I wake up thinking about stuff and feeling anxious that I’m not doing YT every time I go to bed. You know. Keeps you up at night.

The thing about 700,000 subs is it’s enough. You get me? It’s enough to do whatever I want to do. I want to make comedy, I want to make people laugh, I want to do weird stuff. I mean, you don’t need 50M anyway. I’m just not one of those YTers, I guess. But... who knows. When I started YT, it wasn’t really about subscribers because there wasn’t that many people using the website. [In the middle of my YT career, it turned into ‘it’s all about that subscriber count’ and there’s so many people now with millions of subs, it doesn’t really mean anything anymore] and I think it puts more pressure on people. Look at me now, I haven’t made a video in 6 months because of all the pressure. Why would I want more?? Look what you’re doing to me! [/nazi accent]


34:40 - chat: you’ve inspired me to get back into short films
“That’s cool. I’m a bit worried though if I’ve inspired you, what’re they going to be about? Mental public breakdowns?”

He’s so gassy, it’s like he never left. (Yes, I meant gassy with a G)

44:35 - chat: Do you ship phan
Does anyone still ship phan? (Starts to say more then stops) (pensive silence?)
Because it’s pointless to ship people who are full-on together? is my biased interpretation of that moment, but ~yoUr miLeAgE mAy VaRy~

50:30 - chat: talk about bisexuality [for a YT video]
I can’t! You’re not allowed to talk about sex anymore! I mean, that’s not the only thing that being bisexual— it’s not just about sex. Not everything is about sex. *burps*

54:20 - (about his comic books) To be honest I’m not really selling them, I’m just getting rid of them. I’m trying to find a way of getting rid of them. I don’t want money for them, I don’t even think comic books are worth it. [He’s moving again and they’re so heavy, why bother dragging around stuff he doesn’t even look at anymore, he bought them all in Uni when he had money to blow].

55:50 - I’ve been putting off doing younow for quite awhile, not because I don’t want to do one, just because like-- I always feel like I have to be in the right mood. But I thought I’d just come on [lag]. I always think: 'Fresh month, let’s start again.’ So I’ll do a younow and then be gone again for 6 months. I won’t.

57:10 - chat: what are you working on with Mitchell [Davis]
How do you know about that? I don’t think we’ve told anyone. I’m not allowed to say anymore, I don’t think I’m allowed to say. Trust me, I’m always working on a project, ok?

(I saw speculation about a podcast, could be noice)

- Fin -
I missed him
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
Image
User avatar
fancybum
cat whiskers
 
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:06 pm
Location: bork

Re: The Rest of the Foursome

PostPosted by Winston » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:05 pm

Whoa. That "do you ship phan" part was interesting. Never saw someone bite their tongue so quick before. Was weird. :shock: i could see the the regret flash across his face almost. Hah.

I love chris. I think he is hilarious. But i could only watch some parts. THE LAG THO! I hope he comes back to yt. :love2:
actions speak louder than words
User avatar
Winston
blobfish
 
Posts: 669
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:35 am
Location: USA
Pronouns: she/her

Re: The Rest of the Foursome

PostPosted by fancybum » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:25 pm


I still... don't understand what Revelmode is. But in any case Peej has joined. I wonder if that's why he started the gaming stuff lately (do you need to be a gamer to be part of Revelmode? Emma's part of it and she's not doing much gaming anymore-- I don't get it). So.. there's that. :shrug:
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
Image
User avatar
fancybum
cat whiskers
 
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:06 pm
Location: bork

Re: The Rest of the Foursome

PostPosted by JLynne » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:19 pm

Marzia is part of Revelmode, so it's not required to be a gamer. And it sounds like it's just a network. They've started doing charity stuff together, so I guess that's cool ? And I'm a total PJ fangirl, so I'm always happy when he's recognized for all the cool stuff he makes
JLynne
squish
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 7:48 am

Re: The Rest of the Foursome

PostPosted by anathema » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:34 pm

fancybum wrote:
I still... don't understand what Revelmode is. But in any case Peej has joined. I wonder if that's why he started the gaming stuff lately (do you need to be a gamer to be part of Revelmode? Emma's part of it and she's not doing much gaming anymore-- I don't get it). So.. there's that. :shrug:
JLynne wrote:Marzia is part of Revelmode, so it's not required to be a gamer. And it sounds like it's just a network. They've started doing charity stuff together, so I guess that's cool ? And I'm a total PJ fangirl, so I'm always happy when he's recognized for all the cool stuff he makes


"PewDiePie and the Revelmode talent squad wield their passion for gaming and pop culture to bring you original shows, games, charitable programs, community events, merchandise and more!" (from the website.) I would assume because Felix seems to be a big part of it, that's why Marzia is part of it even though she's not a gamer?
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
User avatar
anathema
ar·tic·u·late
 
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:10 pm
Location: hell
Pronouns: she/her

Re: The Rest of the Foursome

PostPosted by fancybum » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:10 pm

Yeah Felix literally started it, it's his thing and he announced it on his channel in the summer (or whenever, I have no concept of time). But they're all still claimed by actual networks (Maker Studios for PJ now too), so it's not technically a network, but like.. an offshoot? Of some sort? Idk. If it means more money or opportunities for projects (not just gaming) for PJ though, I'm all for it. And now all I need is a photo of him and jacksepticeye together since they're both at PAX right now.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
Image
User avatar
fancybum
cat whiskers
 
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:06 pm
Location: bork

Re: The Rest of the Foursome

PostPosted by fancybum » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:18 pm

10pm (his time) liveshow from Chris! Phil and Chris liveshows in one day??? :philtrash:

5:04 - reads from his screen: 'Remind your fans to share your broadcast'
5:13 - “Vyou have just told me to share, you guys should share this broadcast. I mean, don’t if you don’t want to, that’s ridiculous. There’s already too many people watching”

Lol, doesn’t register he called it Vyou and not Younow. It’s 2016, Chris.
6:15 - chat: how was your day?
It was ok. Very tired this morning. I don’t even know what I’ve done today. I’ve had a tuna sandwich [mixed with sweetcorn, it was good]. Watched mainly conspiracy theory videos on YT.

8:20 - “it’s one of the most irritating things when I do a tweet, or say anything on the internet, I don’t know if it’s a meme or something where people say ‘just go to bed Chris.' It’s basically like ‘shut up and go to bed.' I hate it. Don’t tell me when to go to bed, I’m a big boy.”

9:04 - chat: Rate your day out of 10
-I’m gonna have to give it a 3. But who knows, maybe after this younow, it might go up. Or it might go down, I don’t know. It depends on how many creepy people are gonna talk about “phan”

9:42-10:25 playing a “really camp Nazi”

11:20 (about finding a stink bug next to him in bed) - “For some reason, I was feeling very spiritual at the time, so I thought maybe it was some kind of omen. So I did google what would it mean spiritually to be visited by a stink bug.
(reads from astrology site):

-stink bug aids with clarifying dreams, visions, and insights
-can show you the connections between seemingly unrelated events with heightened intuition (“I have got heightened intuition”)
-pay attention to your instincts about people
-she can demonstrate the order in which things are done (“I do need help with that actually”), designating each level in the process of metamorphosis
-increased sensitivity (“I am really sensitive actually”)
-“I mean, this [list] goes on. This goes on forever”
-A stink bug’s lessons span the period of about a month (“I’ll have killed it by then”)

16:05 - “I will be making a video soon. I was going to make one the other day, but I was struck with tiredness and laziness, so.”

17:25 (about his flowers from the Streamys) "They dead. They’re dead like my youtube career."

21:45 -chat: You watched Hannah Hoffman’s liveshow?
-I don’t know who Hannah Hoffman is, babe. *googles name* I don’t know who that is. Let’s go on her Youtube channel. 87,000 subscribers, oh she does “phanimation”. Phil is not on fire 7, it’s animation with Dan & Phil.
*clicks link, we hear Phil saying “the whiskering begins”*
*clicks off*


27:35 - chat: Tips for GCSEs
Um. Quit school. And then you don’t have to do it, do you? That’s your easiest way out. Don’t stress about it, it’s all an illusion. GCSE and A-level tests, they have no meaning. It’s all about making you stress about stuff. It’s a massive traumatic experience for all the kids to make sure they grow up with no self-confidence.

28:40 - googles his horoscope:
"Finances could take on a new dimension as you look to technology to help—" I’m on younow! A stink bug came to visit me again, and now my Libra horoscope is telling me that I’m looking to technology to help with my bank balance.

Reads his horoscope for tomorrow:
It isn’t a good idea to talk behind other peoples’ backs
Guh, and I was talking about Dan & Phil the other day [referring to what he said on younow probs]
Believe that the more you love others, the more love will be returned
That’s not true! I’m always loving people and don’t get any back!

Goes on to read the horoscope for the full month:
32:30 - “Practice the art of graciously receiving
Right. So, I’m gonna be a receiver this month. I’m just gonna receive. No more giving, I’m a bottom. I’m a bottom this month. That’s right! You heard it here on Younow, I’m going to be taking everything. I’m going to be taking as much love as I can. I’m a Libra, so I’m a bottom this month because of the new moon. I’m the new moon.

38:15 - reads “crabdom” from the chat
Don’t call the fandom a “crabdom,” and I’m King Crab so what I say goes. Crabdom. I would like to be known for many things when I pass away, and having a “crabdom” is not one of them.

47:55 - hasn’t been doing Twitch because his internet is too slow: “I’m moving out soon so hopefully I’ll find a place with better internet, maybe I’ll just go live in Google.”

58:45 - chat: You are the reason I’m happy
Well, your avatar is Dan. So, obviously Dan is what makes you happy.

1:07:25 - chat: Which youtuber needs more recognition?
crabstickz2

1:08:12 - Jumpscare! A stink bug touches his leg and he jumps.
“This is what I mean. This is why I think it’s a spiritual stink bug, because I actually put it out of the window, and now it’s back. And now it touched my leg?” (says later it’s probably a different one).
Catches the bug in a container.

1:11:20
“Here’s something weird that happened: a girl came to my front door and asked me on a date. I was collecting a parcel and I shut the door, and I went upstairs and I heard a knock, and I turned around. I was like, “Hello”. And there was a girl on my doorstep and she asked me if I wanted to go for a coffee because she thought I was attractive."
(doesn’t actually tell us how that ended- I mean, it could have been with a date or with a restraining order, I'd like to know which)

1:12:55 - frees the stink bug through his kitchen window

1:19:50 “I hope you go to sleep and I hope you wake up refreshed and ready to make the most of your life. Remember, be the best that you can be. Don’t touch yourself. And have a good, a good— have a good—"
*ends the broadcast*


I wonder if he’d be happy to learn that EVERY COMMENT near the end of Phil’s show today was for some reason demanding a comment on Dan’s nails. "Did you paint his nails, did you like his nails, talk about Dan’s nails". Honestly his chat was more annoying than the occasional ‘do you ship phan’ or whatever in Chris's chat. Their fans may infect every part of the internet, but often no more than the very spaces Dan & Phil themselves have to deal with. So at least everybody is miserable?

He mentioned today and in his last show that he was moving soon, wonder if that's part of his incentive in coming back, needs some income for moving expenses. Better internet would be much appreciated though. I'm not going to bother getting my hopes up too much, but he does seem pretty set on actually getting a YT video out ~soon~.

And in other Foursome news, PJ looks like he had a good time at PAX:

But this was more interesting to me:
Image
Is that some sarcastic shade at Emma Blackery (because if so, yes, I'm living, I want to hear what she thinks of EB because it's probably exactly what D&P think, why don't their friends have bigger mouths).
Also, PJ since deleted the tweet she responded to (so less people see it? :illuminati: :illuminati: ). What an awkward mixed friend group PJ has to navigate.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
Image
User avatar
fancybum
cat whiskers
 
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:06 pm
Location: bork

Re: The Rest of the Foursome

PostPosted by swofro » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:13 am

fancybum wrote:But this was more interesting to me:
Image

Is that some sarcastic shade at Emma Blackery (because if so, yes, I'm living, I want to hear what she thinks of EB because it's probably exactly what D&P think, why don't their friends have bigger mouths).
Also, PJ since deleted the tweet she responded to (so less people see it? ). What an awkward mixed friend group PJ has to navigate.

Ah, I see PJ's tweet and Bryony's reply separately and never link both together. Thanks for the screenshot :tu:
Love is forever
User avatar
swofro
butterglutton
 
Posts: 885
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:39 pm
Location: Orion's belt
Pronouns: She/her/sheep

Re: The Rest of the Foursome

PostPosted by fancybum » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:45 pm

Chris liveshow!

[TL;DR - If the theme of his last show was 'stink bugs', then this one is 'aliens' as they came up a lot throughout. FYI, they're grey, only green when they're sick. Also talked about YT censorship stuff again, and still intends to come back as he had thumbnails on the brain. Crisps are for parties.]
3:40 - Sorry this younow is so early. I’m just bored, I’m just really bored, and wanted to talk to my webcam. My webcam is the only thing that listens to me now.

4:45 - "Evan is watching me, Evan Edinger” (he is)

8:00 - (about his constant #1 fan on YN)
I don’t know where she gets her money from, but she has more gold bars than sense

09:00 - I love doing collabs, the only problem is I don’t like leaving my house, I can’t socialise very well, I can’t make eye contact, and I sweat when I’m around people. So if I can just get past a few social anxieties, I’ll make a collab every day.

10:00 - (Evan's not watching anymore)

Watching more conspiracy vids on YT - about aliens helping us build pyramids, hence the tweets earlier today:



“I don’t really think about my tweets, I just tweet them"

10:40 - I also have this idea that as we become more technologically advanced, we seem to be getting more introverted, aren’t we? Like becoming more isolated as people. So I thought it kind of makes sense that if that keeps happening, if these aliens are from our future (because they can time travel obviously), they’ve got all the technology in the world but it actually makes them really introverted. They travel in time, use alternate realities to help us and guide us and help us evolve, but they don’t like to make eye contact because they’re really shy. They’ve all got tumblr accounts as well, they’re very emotional, they’re very deep, and they’ve got all these powers but they just don’t like talking to people. They’ve got social anxieties. I think it’s cute.

13:40 - Lots of talk about Crash Bandicoot games if that appeals to you

19:05 - thanks somebody for bars, recognizes user name as an old youtuber:
"Is that the YTer, or just someone using the username? I remember an old school YTer called DelaneyWasHere. There’s quite a lot of YTers that did a lot of great stuff on YT and then went on to do different things. YT’s brutal, you forget about these people, but they’re all still there, they're still living. Ready to come back."

23:50 - mocking intense 21 Pilot fans dragging him on twitter for spelling the name wrong

28:20 - I haven’t got a PO Box. I turned mine off after somebody sent me a sock full of tampons. Somebody sent me a sandwich from America in tinfoil. It had rotted. And most people sent me stuff to send to Dan & Phil. I’m not a courier. I’m not a post office.

35:20 - chat: Do you get anything for the bars?
Yeah, cash. That’s why Younow’s crazy, I don’t understand it. Make more money than Youtube. I probably shouldn’t talk about it because it’s part of the rules, I think. I don’t know, it’s a very weird system. I just like it because it’s live but the money’s good as well.

36:00 -
About censorship on YT... people have gone a bit crazy with it. There is a lot of stuff on youtube that shouldn’t be monetized. Why should somebody get a career out of doing terrible pranks? Like Sam Pepper or something. He made videos that I’m like, “Yeah, they shouldn’t be monetized”. Why should he make money from shooting his friend or whatever he did. I don’t want these people to be making money off it.

Here’s one of my cynical things: There are a lot of people doing controversial stuff. And I think if it’s not funny, you shouldn’t get away with it. Sorry, I’m just saying. If it’s not entertaining, then why should it be monetized? I think it’s going to stop people making clickbait— I don’t know. YT’s crazy, I’m out of YT. I’m coming back, but it’s going to be doing my own stuff and if I get censored, then it doesn’t really matter. There’s other ways to get through life.

I just feel like... some stuff is trash, isn’t it? And anyway it does say in those guidelines ‘if it’s not comedic’ or something like that. I think I could get away with swearing and partial nudity as long as it’s funny.


40:45 - 41:55
CRISPS ARE FOR PARTIES

45:25 - chat: Are you doing Stand Up 2 Cancer this year?
They did email me, I did email back. But I don’t know what I’m doing or if I’m doing anything.

46:20 - “I really want a painting of me commissioned”
(we need to get Hector on this)

47:30 Wants to use fan art as thumbnails.
I think that could be quite nice, I don’t think anybody else does that.
At the end of the day, it’s still narcissistic, it’s just my ego, but I think it would be nice, wouldn’t it? Because there’s a lot of fan art, and I don’t know what to do with it. That sounds so arrogant, but you know wh-- I’m not going to call it “fan art” because that underplays it; it’s art. It just happens to have me in it.

For example, somebody drew a picture and I don’t even know where to find it now. It was me in the Harry Potter world, it was the fantastic foursome in Harry Potter, it was really nice.


49:30 - shows how many people he’s matched with on Tinder (lots): “But I’m too scared to use it. There’s basically 300 very attractive people wanting some crab-attention and I refuse to give it, because I’m here for you guys. I can’t be going on Tinder dates because I’ve got younow. Ooh, that sounded horrible. *creepy voice* ‘I’ve got you now; I don’t need social interaction because I’ve got you now’"

50:50 - favourite film soundtracks
-A Single Man
-Gravity
-Man of Steel (“I don’t care what you say about the movie, great soundtrack”)
-Torchwood/Doctor Who

52:30 chat: Have any of your videos been affected by the censorship?

My suspicion of course is that they were only censoring the big YTers because that meant they made a video about it. And I think that was a good way of getting the message out there that you’re not allowed to make controversial subject matter stuff anymore. Because Philip DeFranco was complaining about it, and his video about it was trending on YT, which [YT] choose. So it’s almost as if they were censoring him just so he would talk about it. I feel like I fly under the radar; I mean, I’m looking at my videos now and nothing’s been censored. Every single one has monetization on. Apart from Suicide Squad [trailer review], something I did about Judi Dench and Google ages ago, and a video I did with me and Jimmy.


[discusses the video he did with Jimmy which was going to be a recurring show talking about/making fun of other peoples’ YT videos but how it’s annoying since you need to ask for permission. “I like Zoella, I think Zoella’s really nice, but sometimes there might be a video she makes that I want to make fun of, in a nice way, but there’s no way I could say to Zoella: ‘could we make fun of your videos?’ because she’d be like, “No way.” So too much hassle involved in doing a show like that]
(video linked at the end, watch it)

55:50 The one thing I don’t like about Younow is on the side it tells you who’s watching you, like if my mum is watching, it tells me. And the thing about that is-- it’s just a bit awkward because it feels like people are watching me. I know you guys are watching me, but sometimes Sean [Young] drops in and out, Evan Edinger dropped in and out. Because then it makes me feel like ‘well why have they gone?’ is it because I’m shit? But then I know that watching other peoples’ vyous can be quite boring.
(Did he mean to say vyou, or younow? We'll never know)

57:00 (to person in chat asking for a notice)
You have been noticed. I also like that your avatar is Dan Howell. It makes me feel like they’re still talking to me.


Please watch this if you haven't; Dan, Phil, and Charlie all get mentions.
(and also it's just funny)
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
Image
User avatar
fancybum
cat whiskers
 
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:06 pm
Location: bork

Re: The Rest of the Foursome

PostPosted by Winston » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:06 pm

In reference to the last time stamp^^. Has it been discussed on here or GG what happened between Chris and deppy? What has been speculated since obvs no one knows. I'm curious as to what theories have been proposed.
actions speak louder than words
User avatar
Winston
blobfish
 
Posts: 669
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:35 am
Location: USA
Pronouns: she/her

Re: The Rest of the Foursome

PostPosted by fancybum » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:08 pm

Winston wrote:In reference to the last time stamp^^. Has it been discussed on here or GG what happened between Chris and deppy? What has been speculated since obvs no one knows. I'm curious as to what theories have been proposed.

I saw a lot of discussion on GG about it, the consensus generally seems to be that they were never that close to begin with as friends, D&P and Chris were more like friends-of-a-friend through PJ and then just drifted apart as their careers went in different directions.

More specific speculation I've seen:
-Chris was asked to hang out just for the London DITL and resented that it was just for the video/being used (whether that's true or not, I find his part of the video very awkward and skip it every time) (also Phil totally did mention seeing if he could 'get crabstickz in the video' in a liveshow when they were pitching the London DITL in exchange for votes for the Golden Headphones, so the only question is how aware/cool was Chris with that..)
-His 2022 marriage comment in his quiz show made everyone uncomfortable, driving a wedge between him & D&P (like: were those kinds of jokes off-limits and if so, did he know/care?)
-Chris pushed people away during a difficult time in his life (with more speculation on his mental health) which this tweet could possibly support?:
Image
(although the vagueness could also support the 2022 scenario, who knows)

-An unfortunate mix of all of the above
-None of the above

But I think it's been said often enough (mostly by Chris, but maybe by Dan as well?) that it's nothing dramatic, people just drift apart. Especially if they were never much more than colleagues/acquaintances to begin with. I don't really think there's any bad blood now, they simply just don't hang out and Chris has no problem casually bringing that up for some lols. I mean Phil's brother is running Chris's merch shop, and he popped up in their 7SC gaming video filmed at Vidcon last year.

Imo, I get the sense Chris is challenging to be friends with-- like he's somebody that doesn't go out a lot (obviously that could be completely incorrect) depending on his mood. Tomska (for instance) always gushes about him, you'd think they'd be good friends, but we never see him out and about in vlogs with him (or that surrounding friend group of UK YTers) unless he's doing an acting job. And D&P like to keep to themselves too, so it would be a lot of work to spark up that friendship unless they're all willing to really make an effort, you know? I think at this point they're just totally civil acquaintances with friends and business in common and it's no big deal. A lot of what he says comes off harsher in text form when he's really just taking the piss with his delivery.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
Image
User avatar
fancybum
cat whiskers
 
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:06 pm
Location: bork

Re: The Rest of the Foursome

PostPosted by sassyinamorata » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:39 pm

fancybum wrote:Imo, I get the sense Chris is challenging to be friends with-- like he's somebody that doesn't go out a lot (obviously that could be completely incorrect) depending on his mood. Tomska (for instance) always gushes about him, you'd think they'd be good friends, but we never see him out and about in vlogs with him (or that surrounding friend group of UK YTers) unless he's doing an acting job. And D&P like to keep to themselves too, so it would be a lot of work to spark up that friendship unless they're all willing to really make an effort, you know?

Is it strange to say that (if this is true) it's on my list of the many things about Chris that draws me to him so much? He's an insanely good actor with so many quirks and he's just seemed incredibly interesting to me over the past few weeks. I've been attending his younows as much as I can and I absolutely adore the way he converses with his fans (he answered one of my chat questions about astrology and i was incredibly happy for some reason :garbage:)
I can totally see him being the loner type of person, the vibes I got when I first started watching him were "oh, he must be a really outgoing person" because I used to assume all youtubers were social butterflies. Now that i've started to get to know him a bit better through the live shows and his tweets, I really like him so far and i'm waiting patiently for his return to youtube :ribena:
sassyinamorata
banned
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:10 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: The Rest of the Foursome

PostPosted by fancybum » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:14 am

sassyinamorata wrote:Is it strange to say that (if this is true) it's on my list of the many things about Chris that draws me to him so much? He's an insanely good actor with so many quirks and he's just seemed incredibly interesting to me over the past few weeks. I've been attending his younows as much as I can and I absolutely adore the way he converses with his fans (he answered one of my chat questions about astrology and i was incredibly happy for some reason :garbage:)
I can totally see him being the loner type of person, the vibes I got when I first started watching him were "oh, he must be a really outgoing person" because I used to assume all youtubers were social butterflies. Now that i've started to get to know him a bit better through the live shows and his tweets, I really like him so far and i'm waiting patiently for his return to youtube :ribena:

Not strange at all! I think that's what draws a lot of people to him around here; the eternal struggle of trying to get your shit together and figure out what you're supposed to be doing in life. Very genuinely #relatable. (or at least that's the perception of him anyway, I always hope he's doing better with things than he lets on). But yeah, I'm really interested in what he'll be doing on YT when/if he returns. At least we know he's definitely got some kind of project brewing with Mitchell Davis, that should be good.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
Image
User avatar
fancybum
cat whiskers
 
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:06 pm
Location: bork

Re: The Rest of the Foursome

PostPosted by mrrobot » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:32 pm

Hey guys I have one OutOfTheLoop kind of question and I'm sorry if it sounds kind of dumb or if it has been talked about a lot before.

Whats the backstory of pewdiepie/PJ? I've been subscribed to PJ for a while and know about Felix's existence (.. well) but dont they live on different countries? When did they start hanging out? Just would like to know because I did like their video on PJ's channel and laughed of them doing the Dan hovering over Phil pose pic.
full-time internet homo and irl too
also Image
User avatar
mrrobot
dank meme
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:48 pm

Re: The Rest of the Foursome

PostPosted by fancybum » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:33 pm

mrrobot wrote:Whats the backstory of pewdiepie/PJ? I've been subscribed to PJ for a while and know about Felix's existence (.. well) but dont they live on different countries? When did they start hanging out? Just would like to know because I did like their video on PJ's channel and laughed of them doing the Dan hovering over Phil pose pic.

I think Felix & Marzia moved to the UK in like 2013 and currently live in Brighton, England which is where PJ/Sophie live.
First met (maybe?) in Dec 2014:
Image

and apparently started hanging out pretty soon after that:

Image

They seem to do a lot of double dates with gaming/movie nights and all went to Japan together earlier this year:
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
Image
User avatar
fancybum
cat whiskers
 
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:06 pm
Location: bork

Re: The Rest of the Foursome

PostPosted by stella » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:16 pm

000dia000 wrote:Though
So apparently PJs rage blackouts and beat his Dad to death with a baseball bat? Discuss?

I'm reading this with no context but... what? Can you elaborate? was it a joke?
Image
~previously known as stella2000~
I hardly ever comment, but rest assured I read every single post. I am a professional lurker.
User avatar
stella
living flop
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:33 pm
Location: probably the couch
Pronouns: she/her

PreviousNext

Return to Other Youtubers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests