web
analytics

In-Depth Bants

Emma Blackery

Re: Emma Blackery

PostPosted by mez29 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:01 pm

kind of baffling how a nice, relatable, advice-type video about "losing friends" has YouTubers for both examples if it's for anything other than drama purposes. Hard to believe Emma's never had/lost friends who aren't involved in YouTube, and couldn't have used examples that wouldn't stir something up. :sideeye:
mez29
hobbit hair

PostPosted by captainspacecoat » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:00 pm

omg that video!!! how on earth does she expect people to agree with her that he's a 'sociopath' when the only bad thing she could list was 'didn't help luke bring his bags inside' and 'made (presumably) luke cry once'??? like sure, those suggest he's maybe not the nicest person but god, it's so dangerous and irresponsible and ridiculously dramatic for her to essentially leap to a diagnosis of anti-social personality disorder.

also, how does emma have a leg to stand on?? from what i know of her, she has consistently been mean and spiteful about other youtubers over the years. the way she used to talk about dan and phil alone is enough for me to write her off completely, so i have no idea where she gets off accusing someone else of being an awful person.
captainspacecoat
procrastinator

Pronouns: she/her

PostPosted by fancybum » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:10 pm

pearshaped34 wrote:Although I can't imagine Evan was naive enough to think she'd let him have the last word. Although maybe he wasn't expecting her to go as far as implying his a sociopath in her response. And while she did not mention his name I don't doubt for a second that Emma thought she was being vague enough that people wouldn't connect the dots (and that then tell the people who don't pay enough attention to connect the dots). She knew enough people would know what she was talking about for it to become a thing.

I don't know if anybody could have expected that :lol: It came so far out of left field I'm still laughing. Like I don't doubt for one second that he actually is shady as heck but hiding out to avoid dragging someone else's luggage up some stairs isn't the mark of a conniving mastermind. If there's real dirt then we can talk Emma. Otherwise this is just some hilarious melodrama on her part. Most likely the truth is somewhere in between both of them being equally awful.

Catallena wrote:I'm curious though, Emma got mad at Evan because he was an ass to Luke and I'm guessing it's was Luke who told her this. Did Evan know it was Luke who was initially the one trash talking him? If so they sure rekindled their friendship fast and Emma is mad about nothing. If not... that's gonna be an awkz living situation from now on since Emma basically told on Luke's ass. :rofl: I hope Luke joins in on the fun, see whether he support his dramatic ex girlfriend that he still got tension with or his flatmate.

Just today Luke tweeted out a request for questions about his and Evan's friendship for a video so
1. there's something to look forward to, to look out for any ~tension~
2. how dare he tweet that out hours before Emma's video uploaded, otherwise I would have had questions dammit, so many questions

Catallena wrote: Is this girl for real? She isn't being accused of anything... people are just stating facts and the receipt is her own damn video.

The mind boggles. Honestly, how dare anybody accuse her of saying.. words.. that she just.. said..
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
fancybum
angel bean

PostPosted by idk » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:02 pm

Not a stretch to say this is Emma shade?

idk
living flop

PostPosted by rizzo » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:30 pm

Wow. I watched this video and cannot even deal with these 2 ridiculously dramatic human beings. That was literally an excuse for Emma to stick to her usual brand of worthless gossip under the guise of giving advice. And none of what she said about Evan surprised me outside of her probably over-exaggerating his behavior excessively. He comes off as a massive brown-nosing, gossip monger...

So, essentially, all I got from this was.... No, Emma, you haven't changed.
rizzo
ar·tic·u·late

PostPosted by papierklemmen » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:29 am

this is so juicy, i hope they keep delivering :corn:
papierklemmen
flower crown

PostPosted by fancybum » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:29 am

idk wrote:Not a stretch to say this is Emma shade?

Not at all. This is in his likes:

Which is the end of this entire thought:

And Emma tweeted this out (also pinned it as top comment on the vid):

I don't know. If I was Evan I don't think I could just ignore it, but not ignoring it will just make it even more weird. Does she think she's closer to anybody in their shared friend group than he is, apart from (maybe) Luke? Hazel randomly tweeted she thinks dead hamsters are funny (poking at the little spat thing she had with Emma last year over her hamster dying), so is that just an unrelated thing, or was it a way to say fuck off to Emma? You know even though they can be so boring sometimes, it's times like this I actually appreciate D&P just not engaging in this kind of stuff. What a world where staying out of drama is refreshing.

(I mean I obviously love drama, but mainly when it involves people I don't like :lol: )
fancybum
angel bean

PostPosted by Catallena » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:55 am

fancybum wrote:
idk wrote:Not a stretch to say this is Emma shade?

Not at all. This is in his likes:

Which is the end of this entire thought:

And Emma tweeted this out (also pinned it as top comment on the vid):

I don't know. If I was Evan I don't think I could just ignore it, but not ignoring it will just make it even more weird. Does she think she's closer to anybody in their shared friend group than he is, apart from (maybe) Luke? Hazel randomly tweeted she thinks dead hamsters are funny (poking at the little spat thing she had with Emma last year over her hamster dying), so is that just an unrelated thing, or was it a way to say fuck off to Emma? You know even though they can be so boring sometimes, it's times like this I actually appreciate D&P just not engaging in this kind of stuff. What a world where staying out of drama is refreshing.

(I mean I obviously love drama, but mainly when it involves people I don't like :lol: )

Hazel needs to sit her dramatic ass down tbh, why is she including herself in this? Like girl, you're an adult and older than any of these kids. Act like it. :roll: She doesn't like Emma and that's whatever, but it's not like they ever have to interact. The only reason Emma's group and Hazel pretentious film maker squad kinda overlap is because of Dodie. This is not even slightly her problem.

But moar drama for me I guess. :shrug:

Why are YouTubers all so damn annoying? The only good thing is their petty ass drama to entertain me.
Stan is only one letter away from Satan.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr

Catallena
cat whiskers

PostPosted by Katka » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:38 am

fancybum wrote:I don't know. If I was Evan I don't think I could just ignore it, but not ignoring it will just make it even more weird. Does she think she's closer to anybody in their shared friend group than he is, apart from (maybe) Luke? Hazel randomly tweeted she thinks dead hamsters are funny (poking at the little spat thing she had with Emma last year over her hamster dying), so is that just an unrelated thing, or was it a way to say fuck off to Emma? You know even though they can be so boring sometimes, it's times like this I actually appreciate D&P just not engaging in this kind of stuff. What a world where staying out of drama is refreshing.

I really hope Evan ignores this to be honest. Emma’s story doesn’t really hold up. The more you look into it the more it becomes apparent that their shared friends still like Evan. Would Luke move in with him if he was this horrible? Would they collab with him if he was? I don’t think so. Unless they’re all really good actors who pretend to like him for whatever reason the situation can’t be as bad as Emma says. I know Evan’s not perfect and I get why a lot of you don’t like him but it just wouldn’t make sense for him to be as horrible as Emma tries to make us believe. So I think his best bet would be to stay quiet about this and let his channel speak for him. His videos are usually quite sweet and I'm sure a lot of Emma's viewers will check them out to see if he's as weird and horrible as she says.

Catallena wrote:Hazel needs to sit her dramatic ass down tbh, why is she including herself in this? Like girl, you're an adult and older than any of these kids. Act like it. :roll: She doesn't like Emma and that's whatever, but it's not like they ever have to interact. The only reason Emma's group and Hazel pretentious film maker squad kinda overlap is because of Dodie. This is not even slightly her problem.

I get why she would get involved to be honest. If Evan is her friend she might want to subtly support him or show which side she is on without mentioning any names. I don't know how much power Emma has in this situation but she has over a million subscribers on her main channel while Evan has 300k. I'm not sure if her video could do damage to Evan's Youtube career but you never know. So maybe, if this tweet has to do with the situation at all, Hazel might be trying to tell us she's on Evan's side. If this is the case we can probably be sure she's not one of the friends who told Emma bad things about Evan. :shrug: Maybe that's what she's doing here.
(used to be Birdie)
Katka
cheeky #spon

PostPosted by malday » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:48 pm

the exchange continues in the replies.
malday
woodland creature

PostPosted by silverwinter » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:52 pm

omg is that pewdiepie reply sarcastic or serious?? i feel like it has to be legit bc of pewdiepie's whole "stop faking positivity and be real" thing he has going on :roll:

edit: emma's response

just a joke then
silverwinter
spork

PostPosted by swofro » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:03 am

I don't wanna add fuel to fire but yesterday I caught her tweet this before she deletes it.

I'm not sure who she is indirecting though. :shrug:
swofro
trash

PostPosted by Skylar » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:58 pm

oH MY GOD FELIX THAT FUCKIN SHADE HOOOOO BOY

but jesus emma has not changed at all. you think she would've changed for the better in 2017 but no apparently not. welp. more drama for me!

"this isn't a forever home."
Skylar
procrastinator

Pronouns: they/their/them

PostPosted by fancybum » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:06 am

Bless you Evan for feeding my lifeforce to keep me going:

How interesting he's kind of claiming everybody for himself, even Luke. Emma keeps liking tweets from Dodie and Connie and it's uncomfortable like 'let's pretend I didn't call your friend/roommate a terrible and socially maladjusted person while I engage with you like nothing's off and you continue to spend time with him and support him as if what I said has no actual bearing on the reality of anyone else'. He said he might do a liveshow tonight but I don't know when or if I'll be around to catch it so if anybody else does, share anything interesting with the class pls.
fancybum
angel bean

PostPosted by Katka » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:29 am

I'm really glad Evan addressed this and confirmed the video was about him, even though it was just on Tumblr. I'm also glad he hasn't made a reply video and I hope he'll leave it at this. It seems to be as I had suspected: Emma's been blowing the whole thing out of proportion (as she tends to do) and all their shared friends still like Evan. The inclusion of Luke makes me wonder though. He and Emma always seemed really close but he seems to be siding with Evan. I'm uncomfortable with calling Emma a liar since I have exactly no idea what goes on behind closed doors but I feel like maybe she misunderstood something in a big way or is playing the whole thing up. I really think if there was much truth to her stories her friends wouldn't still hang out with Evan and support him though. Do they still interact with Emma or is it just Emma liking and replying to their tweets?

Evan's reply sounds really pissed (if you can say that about a short tumblr reply) but I guess if someone you thought was your friend told the whole internet you were a sociopath who got a kick out of hurting people you get to be angry. I'll try to watch his liveshow later if he does one but I hope he won't speak about this too much. He might want to clear some things up but I think he shouldn't give Emma more to attack him over.
(used to be Birdie)
Katka
cheeky #spon

PostPosted by fancybum » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:11 am

Birdie wrote:Do they still interact with Emma or is it just Emma liking and replying to their tweets?

Connie liked a tweet of hers yesterday so :shrug: . But Dodie hasn't acknowledged her and neither has Luke even though she retweeted his video yesterday and said this

But for all I know they're texting so I can't really read too much into anything there without someone saying anything concrete.

I'll read into this though: a few days ago Evan went to see cirque du soleil with Josh, Dodie's manager, after the three of them hung out for a bit. I think it was the day after Emma's video came out. And in Evan's snapchat, he messed around while saying he was going to cirque du soleil, calling it 'cirque d'oleil-- cirque de socio-leil '
Lol I don't think that's translating in written form, but he stressed the 'socio' part and kind of laughed, so I can only assume they were talking and laughing about it all together beforehand.

edit: if this really is all based on one huge misunderstanding of some kind, it would be a very Emma thing to just double down on blaming the other party rather than admitting she might have been wrong about something (especially after being the first to make it into a thing at the boncas). Doubling down to save face maybe but just making it worse in the long run.
fancybum
angel bean

PostPosted by Catallena » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:53 pm

I still don't get how Luke is apparently still in Evan's good graces because he was seemingly the one who initially bitched to Emma about him? Did Emma just completely twist what he told her to make some drama about it (not surprising), or did Luke tell the truth about Evan but turn on Emma after all to save his own ass (probably also not surprising).
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr

Catallena
cat whiskers

PostPosted by fancybum » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:40 pm

Jesus. Christ. Why can't they coordinate their drama around my dumb work schedules, what did I miss:

Please somebody tell me you watched his livestream; I skimmed over the 'moments' and only one part had him saying mockingly, 'it's not about being selfish, it's about not being entirely selfless' (from her video) and looked like it might veer into what she quoted above. But dammit I'm not giving younow any damn money for replays, I refuse.

And not to sound like I'm in elementary school, but... she.. started.. it? Like she straight up said 'this person (as if anybody wasn't going to figure out exactly who tf she's talking about) has signs of a personality disorder' and all kinds of shit, oh but 'not diagnosing' while kind of doing exactly that. She's literally the one who took it 'too far'. His video boiled down to 'somebody I thought I was cool with told me to fuck off and I was confused but oh well, bye'. And then.. there's her video. Uh?

(ALSO WTF can anybody actually imagine her reaction if this was flipped and Evan/ANYBODY stared into a camera and detailed everything perceived as 'wrong' with her personality or social skills??????? But she's the victim because she's diagnosed and therefore nobody can say shit about it?? Where does she get off saying shit about anybody else?? This is making me angrier the more I think about it because I'm tying it into her D&P bullshit now, she has no fucking respect for anybody else while righteously demanding it for herself and I'm so mad right now at the burning hypocrisy.)

Catallena wrote:I still don't get how Luke is apparently still in Evan's good graces because he was seemingly the one who initially bitched to Emma about him? Did Emma just completely twist what he told her to make some drama about it (not surprising), or did Luke tell the truth about Evan but turn on Emma after all to save his own ass (probably also not surprising).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I was going to say 'well maybe we assumed wrong and it was someone else' but. It's literally about Luke. Who else does she actually (appear to) give a shit about that much who has any association with Evan (and also.. live with him)? Maybe Luke was really pissed off and then, y'know, got over it and was as surprised as anybody else when she blew it out of proportion. On his behalf. I bet he's so grateful..
fancybum
angel bean

PostPosted by pearshaped34 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:45 pm

Catallena wrote:I still don't get how Luke is apparently still in Evan's good graces because he was seemingly the one who initially bitched to Emma about him? Did Emma just completely twist what he told her to make some drama about it (not surprising), or did Luke tell the truth about Evan but turn on Emma after all to save his own ass (probably also not surprising).

Both your suggestions are likely but for speculation purposes my other theories are;

- By Emmas version of events it sounded like Evan was the one who wronged Luke in some way and Luke was more upset then bitching so maybe he really did something shitty to Luke and he knows it so he isn't going to call out Luke for being upset about it when he knows he was in the wrong in the first place. And just because Luke was bitching because someone upset him doesn't mean he wanted to fallout with them, maybe Luke just wanted to vent to a friend and let it go and Emma's snowballed this out of control without his consent and Evan understands that.

- Maybe Evan is secretly annoyed at Luke but with Emma telling the internet his a sociopath he is being very careful not to fall out with anyone who could then also publicly turn on him. Emma is Emma so he can get out of this relatively unscathed because her word alone doesn't hold a lot of weight with most people. But if other youtubers were to start backing her up (even if it was just Luke) then it would start getting more attention and is much more likely to be a thing. Not picking fights with the YT friends he has is the most sensible move.
pearshaped34
#relatable

PostPosted by Catallena » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:37 pm

fancybum wrote:Jesus. Christ. Why can't they coordinate their drama around my dumb work schedules, what did I miss:

Please somebody tell me you watched his livestream; I skimmed over the 'moments' and only one part had him saying mockingly, 'it's not about being selfish, it's about not being entirely selfless' (from her video) and looked like it might veer into what she quoted above. But dammit I'm not giving younow any damn money for replays, I refuse.

And not to sound like I'm in elementary school, but... she.. started.. it? Like she straight up said 'this person (as if anybody wasn't going to figure out exactly who tf she's talking about) has signs of a personality disorder' and all kinds of shit, oh but 'not diagnosing' while kind of doing exactly that. She's literally the one who took it 'too far'. His video boiled down to 'somebody I thought I was cool with told me to fuck off and I was confused but oh well, bye'. And then.. there's her video. Uh?

(ALSO WTF can anybody actually imagine her reaction if this was flipped and Evan/ANYBODY stared into a camera and detailed everything perceived as 'wrong' with her personality or social skills??????? But she's the victim because she's diagnosed and therefore nobody can say shit about it?? Where does she get off saying shit about anybody else?? This is making me angrier the more I think about it because I'm tying it into her D&P bullshit now, she has no fucking respect for anybody else while righteously demanding it for herself and I'm so mad right now at the burning hypocrisy.)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I was going to say 'well maybe we assumed wrong and it was someone else' but. It's literally about Luke. Who else does she actually (appear to) give a shit about that much who has any association with Evan (and also.. live with him)? Maybe Luke was really pissed off and then, y'know, got over it and was as surprised as anybody else when she blew it out of proportion. On his behalf. I bet he's so grateful..

Oh my lord, this girl... She started the drama, but now she really can't deal when it comes back to bite her in her hypocritical ass. She needs to cut her 'I didn't mean for this to happen, it's gone too far' shit out because she definitely did, she just didn't mean for it to blow up in her own face. If he hadn't meant for this to 'go too far' she wouldn't have started calling Evan a sociopath.

And now suddenly she's all about mental health... when it concerns her own :roll: Diagnosing someone publically for no other reason than to talk shit about them isn't exactly making her cause seem genuine. For someone who (probably) hates gossip forums like GG, she sure as hell went to their level.

'Genuinely so upset at having a personal mental health issue mocked.'

Ok sis. Ok.

And if their break up wasn't enough to end #Lemma, this finally might be :lol:

pearshaped34 wrote:

Both your suggestions are likely but for speculation purposes my other theories are;

- By Emmas version of events it sounded like Evan was the one who wronged Luke in some way and Luke was more upset then bitching so maybe he really did something shitty to Luke and he knows it so he isn't going to call out Luke for being upset about it when he knows he was in the wrong in the first place. And just because Luke was bitching because someone upset him doesn't mean he wanted to fallout with them, maybe Luke just wanted to vent to a friend and let it go and Emma's snowballed this out of control without his consent and Evan understands that.

- Maybe Evan is secretly annoyed at Luke but with Emma telling the internet his a sociopath he is being very careful not to fall out with anyone who could then also publicly turn on him. Emma is Emma so he can get out of this relatively unscathed because her word alone doesn't hold a lot of weight with most people. But if other youtubers were to start backing her up (even if it was just Luke) then it would start getting more attention and is much more likely to be a thing. Not picking fights with the YT friends he has is the most sensible move.

Oh yes, those are definitely options too. :D Though the first one requires a level maturity that I'm not sure either Luke or Evan possess but hey they might surprise me.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr

Catallena
cat whiskers

PostPosted by skinny_love » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:50 pm

Other Theory:
This is all staged. Dramas seems to be how Emma keep her yt career from drowning. She know people secretly love dramas. So they planned this together hoping it will bust their popularity. Plan is to slowly blow this as much as you can, then have dramatic make up, and them Emma can be all about mediation, forgiveness and loving one another. While getting those sweet views from people hungry for drama.
Their other close friends aren't really involved cause they know.

Jk, but seriously this forum is like newspaper on youtubers drama, I don't know how you keep with all of this, I know I wouldn't know nothing about it without it. ( I only watch Emma chanel really sporadically.)

So I guess this is official thank you, after delukring, to all you guys here.
Because silly drama is my guilty pleasure.
skinny_love
squish

PostPosted by trashqueen » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:33 pm

i hadn't had time to comment on this in the last few days but holy shit what's wrong with this girl?!?!

remember when she was 'over drama'? good times

i literally cannot comprehend how she can call someone a sociopath and then be offended bc the person mocked her own mental health? what kind of victim complex?? i?????

this is all so incredibly stupid, top youtube content tbh

and just in case, i find evan manipulative and creepy af, but emma is literally insane, she needs to start thinking through her actions and standing her ground and owning it if she's gonna start throwing accusations left and right, or maybe lay low on youtube while she gets her bpd or whatever it is that she has treated bc all she accomplishes is fucking up her own life
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

PostPosted by melon lord » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:40 am

Honestly ever since she's been "open" about her mental health she has been using it as a piss poor shield against everything she says/does. So from where I stand, her illness means fuck diddlysquat.

If having bpd or something else makes you act in iffy ways, then despite that, being a youtuber should give you enough experience or common sense (not that common apparently) to know how drama will go down and how it can boomerang.

This girl is the real life embodiment of this gif

:lights: :lights:
:lights: :lights:
melon lord
morning quiff

PostPosted by Katka » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:41 am

melon lord wrote:Honestly ever since she's been "open" about her mental health she has been using it as a piss poor shield against everything she says/does. So from where I stand, her illness means fuck diddlysquat.

I couldn't agree more. Let's watch her go "But I have a mental ilness!" everytime someone criticises her for the next months until it stops working. She's literally not the only one with a mental illness and I'm pretty sure her behaviour has nothing to do with her illness and all to do with her just not being a nice person. I don't know who exactly she thinks she is but in what world is it okay to throw the word sociopath at someone and then complain when they "mock" your own issues (as far as I know Evan didn't even mock her mental illness. If he did that's not okay but I think he didn't even go there and she misunderstood something?). I just don't understand how she doesn't seem to realise she's the one who started this. "Silliness over a video", okay. She pretends like her video was completely innocent and Evan's and other peoples' reactions to it are out of line and I'm really starting to think she is one of those people who would rather throw someone else under the bus instead of admitting to having made a mistake.

Excellent gif use, by the way. :thumb:
(used to be Birdie)
Katka
cheeky #spon

PostPosted by Skylar » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:41 am

the fact that she's using her mental illness as a shield or excuse really pisses me off. like, i would never use mine as an excuse or a shield??? she needs to get her shit together and stop starting drama but i think we all know that will never happen.

"this isn't a forever home."
Skylar
procrastinator

Pronouns: they/their/them

PreviousNext

Return to Other Youtubers