In-Depth Bants

Music thread (Kanye use limited)

Re: Music thread (Kanye use limited)

PostPosted by angrymob » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:47 am

deerly wrote:
angrymob wrote:
deerly wrote:Although Geidi Primes is my fave forever I'm really happy that a lot of you guys love Art Angels, I'm so tired of people hating on this album just because Grimes is more "radio friendly" now. What are they so afraid of, losing their cool elitist indie kid points?


Don't even get me started. I've literally heard people say that they don't like her anymore because she doesn't perform art shows at their favourite clubs anymore. Like, of course she doesn't, she gets paid now to perform.


They kinda ignore that now that she has more fund/recognition she's able to do even better art shows, hire tech people and she uses it and isn't it cool??
Also it feels like these people want to keep everything to themselves just to circle-jerk on /mu later. I'm glad when artists become more successful as it increases the chances they'll visit my s**thole of a country haha.


Not even that, but one of the guys I heard say that is friends with someone who runs her label. Like, he didn't seem to realize that his friends are partially employed through her success. :headdesk1:

Also, yes, please, come to my country, musicians (and Canada, please stop banning musicians I like) and come to more than just Toronto :sideeye: !
Image
User avatar
angrymob
cheeky #spon
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:04 pm
Location: Montreal's bastard child to the east.

Re: Music thread (Kanye use limited)

PostPosted by deerly » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:13 am

Anonymousse wrote:I should really check out some of Grimes..es? (how does one say that?) new music, I keep listening to her old stuff and not advancing.

Also y u no like Fabrika? they are... cultured ladies :rofl:.
I just think the song is good and the video deserves recognition.
:daddy:


Yeeeah you should,everything she does is great!
It's cos I enjoy Виа Гра much much more! ;)
I'm actually crying with laughter now

Aaand more strange recs:
they're just like Twigs but with very weird(in a bad way) lyrics :D

Folk witch house is a thing, too, they're REALLY great, no jokes


angrymob, why is Canada banning musicians?
I'm used to musicians themselves banning Russia, The National cancelled their show 2 years ago and I'm still bitter, Thom Yorke hates us, too.

I wanted to share this cool excrept from a musical by ukrainian queer-feminist artist so bad I uploaded it on YT. Surprised It wasn't there already, or at least in vimeo
phamnotof wrote:I like my reserved, nerdy awkward weirdos who electroshock their balls in the privacy of their own bedroom with proper safe words and some bloody decorum. :ribena:
User avatar
deerly
glabella
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:28 am
Location: russia
Pronouns: they/them

Re: Music thread (Kanye use limited)

PostPosted by angrymob » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:35 am

deerly wrote:angrymob, why is Canada banning musicians?
I'm used to musicians themselves banning Russia, The National cancelled their show 2 years ago and I'm still bitter, Thom Yorke hates us, too.


I can imagine it's much worse in Russia. :itsokay: We at least get proximity to the US, so musicians have no excuse not to visit.

Canada just has slightly weird border crossing regulations when coming from the US, like if you fail the interrogration, they basically just say, "Okay, you're banned." The lead singer of The Used was banned because of a criminal record that was over 10 years old (though they now do occasional dates in Canada, so they must have worked something out.)

There's a youtuber that experienced this and documented their attempts to get unbanned:
Image
User avatar
angrymob
cheeky #spon
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:04 pm
Location: Montreal's bastard child to the east.

Re: Music thread (Kanye use limited)

PostPosted by deerly » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:47 am

angrymob, I didn't know any of this! Nothing's as sad as knowing your fave musicians can't visit your country :sobs: Also I'll send this to my Canada-obsessed friend, she should be v interested. Or she already knows this idk
phamnotof wrote:I like my reserved, nerdy awkward weirdos who electroshock their balls in the privacy of their own bedroom with proper safe words and some bloody decorum. :ribena:
User avatar
deerly
glabella
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:28 am
Location: russia
Pronouns: they/them

Re: Music thread (Kanye use limited)

PostPosted by mez29 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:48 pm

deerly wrote:Folk witch house is a thing, too, they're REALLY great, no jokes


Ooh, that was not what I was expecting, but nice. :thanks:

angrymob, why is Canada banning musicians?
I'm used to musicians themselves banning Russia, The National cancelled their show 2 years ago and I'm still bitter, Thom Yorke hates us, too.


Aaah that must be so disappointing. It's a shame people don't see the difference between "a state" and "a country" and it ends up being the ordinary people who always come off worst.
:dogue:
User avatar
mez29
hobbit hair
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:33 am
Location: Northern Ireland
Pronouns: they

Re: Music thread (Kanye use limited)

PostPosted by deerly » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:41 am

mez29 wrote:
deerly wrote:Folk witch house is a thing, too, they're REALLY great, no jokes

Ooh, that was not what I was expecting, but nice. :thanks:

angrymob, why is Canada banning musicians?
I'm used to musicians themselves banning Russia, The National cancelled their show 2 years ago and I'm still bitter, Thom Yorke hates us, too.


Aaah that must be so disappointing. It's a shame people don't see the difference between "a state" and "a country" and it ends up being the ordinary people who always come off worst.


It's not what I was expecting either :D
More weirdness:
Twin Peaks intro by sad schoolkids orchestra

Neon Genesis Evangelion opening by military band

Can't find I full version on youtube, what a shame


It IS disappointing! If you're against russian politicians and homophobic laws and agressive foreign policy you can still play a gig and rant from the stage like Patrick Wolf did, for example. It's so nice when they do that and I always leave the club happy and teary-eyed :respekt2:
phamnotof wrote:I like my reserved, nerdy awkward weirdos who electroshock their balls in the privacy of their own bedroom with proper safe words and some bloody decorum. :ribena:
User avatar
deerly
glabella
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:28 am
Location: russia
Pronouns: they/them

Re: Music thread (Kanye use limited)

PostPosted by angrymob » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:17 am

deerly wrote:It IS disappointing! If you're against russian politicians and homophobic laws and agressive foreign policy you can still play a gig and rant from the stage like Patrick Wolf did, for example. It's so nice when they do that and I always leave the club happy and teary-eyed :respekt2:


Eep, Patrick Wolf, love him! :D I think a lot of musicians would probably worry about the crowd's reaction, especially if they have a bigger crowd. Patrick Wolf just generally doesn't care, though. He'll just probably literally fight anyone who protests.

Are you familiar with Owen Pallett? He's often associated with Patrick Wolf.

Image
User avatar
angrymob
cheeky #spon
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:04 pm
Location: Montreal's bastard child to the east.

Re: Music thread (Kanye use limited)

PostPosted by deerly » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:27 am

angrymob wrote:Eep, Patrick Wolf, love him! :D I think a lot of musicians would probably worry about the crowd's reaction, especially if they have a bigger crowd. Patrick Wolf just generally doesn't care, though. He'll just probably literally fight anyone who protests.

Are you familiar with Owen Pallett? He's often associated with Patrick Wolf.


They do worry, yeah, but I also doubt that there are lots of conservative people among The National or Radiohead fans. But I can be wrong, people are strange :?
According to lastfm Patrick is my most listened to artist. He's so great, can't wait for the new album! It's happening, right? Right?.. I hope there'll be more experimental electronic stuff on this one, but idk, hard to say, according to this


Yeah, Owen's great but I can't stand too much of him in a row because his lyrics are on the Xiu Xiu level of fucked up sometimes :D
BTW THIS
Haven't listened to the new TLSP yet (fake fan :o ) but I trust Mat

Do you know Parenthetical Girls? They managed to make their The Smiths' cover sound better than the original and that's saying something. And I'm in love with their frontman's twitter https://twitter.com/pgrrrls


phamnotof wrote:I like my reserved, nerdy awkward weirdos who electroshock their balls in the privacy of their own bedroom with proper safe words and some bloody decorum. :ribena:
User avatar
deerly
glabella
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:28 am
Location: russia
Pronouns: they/them

Re: Music thread (Kanye use limited)

PostPosted by angrymob » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:29 pm

deerly wrote:
Yeah, Owen's great but I can't stand too much of him in a row because his lyrics are on the Xiu Xiu level of fucked up sometimes :D
BTW THIS
Haven't listened to the new TLSP yet (fake fan :o ) but I trust Mat


Owen is pretty eccentric and definitely memorable to me, because he's the only musician I've ever seen stop his set in the dead middle of a song to curse out the sound technician for 5 mins before picking up the song exactly where he left off.

Do you know Parenthetical Girls? They managed to make their The Smiths' cover sound better than the original and that's saying something. And I'm in love with their frontman's twitter https://twitter.com/pgrrrls




Ohh! So much new music to check out! I'm enjoying this thread muchly so far. :D :daddy:
Image
User avatar
angrymob
cheeky #spon
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:04 pm
Location: Montreal's bastard child to the east.

Re: Music thread (Kanye use limited)

PostPosted by aralik » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:26 am

I am super late to read the posts here but a quick reply to everything i read:

angrymob and deerly i like IAMX and have been listening to them on repeat when i found out they were gonna play in my city which was in the beginning of april but i had a friend visiting so i couldn't go, feel so bad about missing that :wahh:

shikaritrash, ironic, winterbury and bedhead91 i discovered twenty one pilots in february after seeing people on social media mentioning them so much and i was also like "why the hell have i not listened to them before?!" :headdesk2: a couple of days after my first listen i saw that they were playing a show in my city and i managed to get a ticket! i was really scared of the wild teenage crowd who had been queuing up since 7 in the morning so i went after the support and watched them from all the way back with a pretty good view (alongside the parents) and man their live show is amazing :stan:

timtam and shikaritrash grimes' last album is indeed great! kill vs. maim is my fave :stan: i managed to see them live here as well last month. i had somehow low expectations since i think her singing is not top-notch but the show was pretty good :2thumbsup:

deerly thank you for linking new songs of explosions in the sky, hadn't listened to anything new from them. they are coming to a festival near my city and i'm not gonna be able to go as i will be travelling which makes me so sad :sobs: i did see them live once tho, awesome!

now i've listened to troye sivan on repeat for two months this winter and managed to score a ticket to see him in amsterdam in may. anybody here is going to see him by any chance?? would be awesome! i'm used to going to concerts on my own (that's where i spend all my money) but again, i'm quite wary of the overly zealous teenage crowd :roll:

other than these my current on repeats include tame impala's latest album, rihanna's latest album (she has a tame impala cover in there, so good!), and i heard dan talk about trivium in a live show, gave it a shot and was instantly hooked. look at this variety.. :lol:
ugh.
User avatar
aralik
sad dimple
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:43 am

Re: Music thread (Kanye use limited)

PostPosted by angrymob » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:24 am

aralik wrote:angrymob and deerly i like IAMX and have been listening to them on repeat when i found out they were gonna play in my city which was in the beginning of april but i had a friend visiting so i couldn't go, feel so bad about missing that :wahh:


You seem to have bad luck with getting to see shows. I know that feel, I will never forgive myself for missing Depeche Mode perform in 2013. You also have a pretty diverse music taste. How'd you get into IAMX?
Image
User avatar
angrymob
cheeky #spon
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:04 pm
Location: Montreal's bastard child to the east.

Re: Music thread (Kanye use limited)

PostPosted by aralik » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:32 am

angrymob wrote:You seem to have bad luck with getting to see shows. I know that feel, I will never forgive myself for missing Depeche Mode perform in 2013. You also have a pretty diverse music taste. How'd you get into IAMX?


i'm not entirely sure but i remember back in 2010 (?) being in love with "my secret friend" featuring imogen heap and its video! just give me androgynous people and i'm like :garbage: :stan:
if you haven't seen the video:

he had fallen off my radar and i was reminded of him again when i saw he was coming to perform. i missed all the leather and the glitter :sobs:

depeche mode (and the likes) are too big names for me, i don't like paying 60 euros and seeing such big names in stadiums. sometimes i come across them in big festivals which is nice too :)
ugh.
User avatar
aralik
sad dimple
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:43 am

Re: Music thread (Kanye use limited)

PostPosted by angrymob » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:04 am

aralik wrote:depeche mode (and the likes) are too big names for me, i don't like paying 60 euros and seeing such big names in stadiums. sometimes i come across them in big festivals which is nice too :)


I don't usually go to stadium shows either, because most of the bands I like don't play them. I'm a big Depeche Mode though, so I would've. I absolutely hate most festivals, though. They always, for some reason put bands I like with a bunch of bands in totally unrelated genres that I hate, like Kendrick Lamarr, a bunch of hipster bands, and Desaparecidos stop labeling Desaparecidos as indie-alt!. And then, I have to decide if I wanna pay $200 to go see one or two bands I like in the hot sun and mud. The only one I've willingly gone to is Projeckt Rev, because I liked 90% of the bands playing. Sorry, ranting done. :oops:
Image
User avatar
angrymob
cheeky #spon
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:04 pm
Location: Montreal's bastard child to the east.

Re: Music thread (Kanye use limited)

PostPosted by aralik » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:12 am

angrymob wrote:I don't usually go to stadium shows either, because most of the bands I like don't play them. I'm a big Depeche Mode though, so I would've. I absolutely hate most festivals, though. They always, for some reason put bands I like with a bunch of bands in totally unrelated genres that I hate, like Kendrick Lamarr, a bunch of hipster bands, and Desaparecidos stop labeling Desaparecidos as indie-alt!. And then, I have to decide if I wanna pay $200 to go see one or two bands I like in the hot sun and mud. The only one I've willingly gone to is Projeckt Rev, because I liked 90% of the bands playing. Sorry, ranting done. :oops:


hahah no need to say sorry totally get the whole festival dilemma. i usually like the wide variety of bands that come to festivals but also dunno many of them and sometimes get to discover new music. (still :wahh: so hard when i remember i was at a festival that florence and the machine played back in 2009 and i didn't know them back then and hence missed them :headdesk1: never got a chance to see them after that. they did play in amsterdam back in december but i had spent way too much money on other concerts to be able to go :sobs: ) now i'm a bit too old for festival camping and shiz. but there's this festival really close to my city so i can bike there and back and sleep in my own bed and shower and stuff :tu: (which i cannot go this summer :cry: but it's good cuz i need to work on finishing my thesis!)
ugh.
User avatar
aralik
sad dimple
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:43 am

Re: Music thread (Kanye use limited)

PostPosted by Jeweul » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:13 am

Music I'm a fan of right now:

Animals as Leaders - I have been a HUGE Animals as Leaders fan for a couple years now. They are a prog metal band (no vocals) and are absolutely amazing. I'd say all of their albums are all on par with eachother, I really don't have a favorite album because they're all just so perfect to me. The lead guitarist Tosin Abasi is an absolute God at guitar. Even if you don't like the genre of music, it's worth it to watch a little bit of his live performance. It's absolutely mind boggling.



http://youtu.be/NElL7mPc84k
(This one won't embed :( )

Grimes - Really amazing. Got introduced to her a few months ago, right after her Art Angels album released. My favorite album by her is Halfaxa, and my favorite songs on there are Sagrad Прекрасный and Dream Fortress. I also really love her song Oblivion.

Some other artists/bands I listen to occasionally/went through a huge phase where they were all I listened to:

Melanie Martinez
Troye Sivan
Muse
My Chemical Romance
Panic! At The Disco
FKA twigs
Undertale Soundtrack
Broods
Gorillaz
David Bowie ( :cry: )
Arctic Monkeys
AWOLNATION
twenty one pilots

Other than that I really just like listening to chill/chillstep playlists.
User avatar
Jeweul
sad dimple
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:18 am
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Music thread (Kanye use limited)

PostPosted by pixlexia » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:01 pm

aralik wrote:now i've listened to troye sivan on repeat for two months this winter and managed to score a ticket to see him in amsterdam in may. anybody here is going to see him by any chance?? would be awesome! i'm used to going to concerts on my own (that's where i spend all my money) but again, i'm quite wary of the overly zealous teenage crowd :roll:


I don't know if other people might have experiences that differ from mine, but when I saw a Troye concert in the US the crowd was all very diverse! The age range was all over the place, probably mostly college students, a handful of younger kids, and the rest were adults, evenly split between genders as well. I think Troye has a pretty varied audience range, and it was all chill and very very good (although I did have a bit of an altercation with a group of younger girls who were trying to cheat their way to get front of me, lol. Back off, I waited for hours for a reason :x )

IDK, just wanted to add my two cents and hopefully ease any worry you might have of feeling out of place :thanks:
(insert a funny quote from the forum here)
User avatar
pixlexia
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:51 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Music thread (Kanye use limited)

PostPosted by aralik » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:13 pm

pixlexia wrote:
aralik wrote:now i've listened to troye sivan on repeat for two months this winter and managed to score a ticket to see him in amsterdam in may. anybody here is going to see him by any chance?? would be awesome! i'm used to going to concerts on my own (that's where i spend all my money) but again, i'm quite wary of the overly zealous teenage crowd :roll:


I don't know if other people might have experiences that differ from mine, but when I saw a Troye concert in the US the crowd was all very diverse! The age range was all over the place, probably mostly college students, a handful of younger kids, and the rest were adults, evenly split between genders as well. I think Troye has a pretty varied audience range, and it was all chill and very very good (although I did have a bit of an altercation with a group of younger girls who were trying to cheat their way to get front of me, lol. Back off, I waited for hours for a reason :x )

IDK, just wanted to add my two cents and hopefully ease any worry you might have of feeling out of place :thanks:


thanks for sharing your experience of a troye concert in the us. gives me some hope! :love1:
it's just that the concert is in a mid size venue (that's where i saw grimes play the other month) and the tickets sold out SO FAST! and everyone on the fb event page are looking for tickets and people who post are all teenagers (some who are victorious that their parents got them a VIP which does NOT involve a m&g, just earlier entry and a signed poster i think). so yeah i'm still not sure what to expect :roll:
ugh.
User avatar
aralik
sad dimple
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:43 am

Re: Music thread (Kanye use limited)

PostPosted by crash[] » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:39 pm

deerly wrote:Neon Genesis Evangelion opening by military band

Can't find I full version on youtube, what a shame


Just your local Eva nerd passing through to deliver.

That video is fake, (which is really unfortunate because I love it a lot) and here are the originals:

Audio


Visual (which is a cover of It's My Life, which is still funny)


and just because, the original theme. I'm super biased, so I love it. It's incredibly 90's.
User avatar
crash[]
glabella
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:28 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Music thread (Kanye use limited)

PostPosted by missemma » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:07 pm

i'm having a spotify playlist binge tonight and came across one of the many (amazing) nu-metal ones.

urgh, 2000's were such a good era for cringe metal :2thumbsup:









:festivedeppy: :lights: :lights: :lights: :lights: :festivedeppy:
User avatar
missemma
dirty bitch
dirty bitch
 
Posts: 835
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:08 am
Location: London

Re: Music thread (Kanye use limited)

PostPosted by aralik » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:05 am

missemma wrote:i'm having a spotify playlist binge tonight and came across one of the many (amazing) nu-metal ones.

urgh, 2000's were such a good era for cringe metal :2thumbsup:











i love how you posted these videos :tu: basically what i grew up with! ah those were some good days with great music!! :stan:
ugh.
User avatar
aralik
sad dimple
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:43 am

Re: Music thread (Kanye use limited)

PostPosted by jess » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:40 am

deerly wrote:Thom Yorke hates us, too.


deerly wrote:It IS disappointing! If you're against russian politicians and homophobic laws and agressive foreign policy you can still play a gig and rant from the stage like Patrick Wolf did, for example. It's so nice when they do that and I always leave the club happy and teary-eyed :respekt2:


I actually find it quite surprising that Thom/Radiohead have never done anything in Russia given Andy's (Thom's brother) relationship to Russia. Andy studied Russian at university & has done work there (some with Greenpeace). I, like you, would see a concert/tour as an opportunity for Thom/the band to have a platform in Russia. But who knows... Radiohead tour so little these days that I can't really see them doing much outside of NA/EU (with Japan thrown in there) anytime soon.

While I'm on the topic, if anyone is looking for a beginner's guide to Radiohead, here are some of my favorites to get you started...

Great b-side, I listen to this on road trips ( :P ).


Love love love. I'm happy they never did a studio version of this.


From the Leo + Claire soundtrack ( :rofl: ). One of the sexiest songs ever between the bass line + atmosphere.


Favorite song off my favorite album of all time.


I almost got "immerse your soul in love" tattooed on me. Still would if someone put a gun to my head & made me get a tattoo of my choice.


Creepy & sexy as all hell. I also cried once when I saw it live... I can't even explain why.


The original Thom Yorke dance jam.


Tears flow.


More creepy sexy. Ha.


A song you feel physically when they play it live.


Jonny Greenwood is pure beauty.


Could listen on a loop for the rest of my life.


Cynicism makes me happy.


Another repeat for the rest of my life, please (for some reason I can't find a studio version of this on YouTube :( )


Joy Division/New Order cover... quite possibly my favorite cover version of any song ever.


That doesn't even scratch the surface of my favorite Radiohead songs, but it is a good collection to get someone started. Thom Yorke/Atoms for Peace/Jonny solo work/Phil solo work are all great as well!

I also strongly recommend the basement sessions & Radiohead webcasts because they are pure gold!

Live Radiohead is where my love truly lies... if you get the chance to see them: DO IT. I'm at 33 RH shows & counting (over a span of 20+ years)... zero regrets between the money I paid for tickets + the money I've spent to travel to see them + the time. :bigthumbsup: I'm excited to see them at least 2x this year, even if I have to fly to San Francisco & Chicago to see them (I'm still wishing beyond hope that I can finagle my way into one or both of their LA shows :shrug: ).

Bonus Andy Yorke/Unbelievable Truth since I mentioned (& adore!) Andy as well...

Roadside No. 2


Settle Down


Stone


Mathilda


Twist of the Knife


I'm sure I will return to inflict more of my musical musings on you guys at some point. Mostly in the American 80s/90s indie rock + British rock vein.
User avatar
jess
living flop
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:26 am
Location: California

Re: Music thread (Kanye use limited)

PostPosted by sweetmm » Mon May 09, 2016 10:17 pm

Eurovisiom is back, who is your early favs?

Russia


France


Spain


Surprisingly UK entry is not shit
Image
User avatar
sweetmm
trash
 
Posts: 990
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:49 pm
Location: GMT +8
Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Music thread (Kanye use limited)

PostPosted by daphenaxa » Tue May 10, 2016 1:32 am

oh i am getting excited. I like the France song. I also like that he does sing in French even if the chorus is in English.
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
User avatar
daphenaxa
blobfish
 
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:32 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Music thread (Kanye use limited)

PostPosted by icklebrina » Tue May 10, 2016 6:22 am

Those are all pretty good! I've never actually watched Eurovision before (the shame), so this seems like a good time to start.

I agree with daphenaxa, France's song was probably my favourite. I liked the use of French in the song as well, I don't hear French as often these days as I used to.
User avatar
icklebrina
living flop
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:58 pm
Location: Australia
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Music thread (Kanye use limited)

PostPosted by Kathrynxjane » Tue May 10, 2016 7:14 am

Ugh Eurovison is my Jam. Although the best part is the UK host Graham Norton taking the piss out of everything in typical British humour.

The UK song is actually really good.But we all know that we will never win because no one likes us to vote for us anyway. Even if we put One Direction on we still wouldn't win. We only get through to the finals because we help pay for the thing. :rofl:

It is the Semi - Finals tonight. I haven't actually heard any of the song, usually I like waiting until the Finals so I am surprised.

Sad :D&P: won't be able to have a Eurovision party again this year. I know Dan loves a bit of Eurovision.
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
User avatar
Kathrynxjane
morning quiff
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:31 pm
Location: Birmingham, England
Pronouns: She/Her

PreviousNext

Return to Fandoms and Recommendations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests