- Generally, I either feel like I have a lot of thoughts I struggle to express or my brain is empty of everything but a lone tumbleweed rolling along to an echoing breeze.
- I identify as queer; every other label feels too specific to fit me. (Tangential: Attraction is weird to/for me because I think bodies are rather bizarre.)
- I love to read, but I only love to read fanfiction. I haven't been able to connect with original fiction since I was a teenager almost a decade ago. (In comparison, I haven't really written any fanfic in a decade, but I'm pretty obsessive about an original fic verse I've been slowly developing for, like, six years. Though it's not... something I'd probably ever share with anybody... because I suck and I can never settle on a plot... I just... adore my characters... *sinks away quietly*)
- I've been on the internet since I was nine, but I've never been interested in mainstream internet culture. I'm far more interested in fandom culture, trends, and history. (I probably don't fit in very well in this fandom lmao) Tangential: I don't have accounts on any social media besides Tumblr. (No Twitter, no Facebook, never had a Myspace, no snapchat, etc w/e.) Tangential x 2: I'm perpetually late to being aware of anything the internet finds interesting or compelling.
- I struggle with visual media, especially television.
- Between the ages of eight to twenty-one, I was really into manga (and to a lesser degree, anime). If I interact with it now, it's mostly for the nostalgia. So Deppy's weeaboo-ness isn't particularly interesting to me.
- I'm a shipper. It's an integral aspect of my being. I've always been a shipper. Some of my earliest memories, long before I ever discovered fandom or had a word for what I was doing, are of me quietly, privately, intensely shipping my favorite characters in my morning cartoons at, like, age 5. And in those most early memories, my ships were generally queer until the point where I began to think that it must've just been me who was interested in seeing same-sex characters having little romantic subplots with each other. (Oh heteronormativity, you screwed me up so bad.)
avatar by mushroomtale-fanart @ tumblr
walking talking work in progress