In-Depth Bants

General #tatinof discussion

Going to tatinof? Post your reviews, spoilers and everything tour related in here

Re: Tatinof Meet-ups, Spoilers and Reviews

PostPosted by blueapple_x » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:25 pm

missemma wrote:Fire away with the questions. I'd rather answer them and you buy a ticket and not miss out :)

Whatever you do, just don't draw cat whiskers on your face as a disguise as everyone will be doing that!

if you do buy a ticket I'm fully expecting a review of the show after :)


Haha oh god. I forgot about the cat whiskers thing. And I'll definitely write a review if I go! I'm excited to see how the US/Toronto shows will differ to the UK ones.
User avatar
blueapple_x
blobfish
 
Posts: 690
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:57 am

Re: Tatinof Meet-ups, Spoilers and Reviews

PostPosted by blueapple_x » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:33 pm

So.....I caved and bought a ticket. I got a seat in the orchestra section because I know I'll never have this opportunity again so I want a decent-ish view (otherwise my cheap ass would be way in the back). I feel like my status as trash has been officialized lol.

:garbage:

I feel like I'm gonna regret picking a seat in the middle of the row rather than at the end (where I usually like to sit)...oh well too late
User avatar
blueapple_x
blobfish
 
Posts: 690
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:57 am

Re: Tatinof Meet-ups, Spoilers and Reviews

PostPosted by missemma » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:45 pm

yay! well done - you'll have such a good time :D
:festivedeppy: :lights: :lights: :lights: :lights: :festivedeppy:
User avatar
missemma
dirty bitch
dirty bitch
 
Posts: 864
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:08 am
Location: London

Re: Tatinof Meet-ups, Spoilers and Reviews

PostPosted by blueapple_x » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:57 pm

Haha yeah once the show starts I think/hope I'll feel a lot less awks.

I don't even feel excitement because my brain hasn't caught up with the fact that I'll be seeing them.
User avatar
blueapple_x
blobfish
 
Posts: 690
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:57 am

Re: Tatinof Meet-ups, Spoilers and Reviews

PostPosted by sweetmm » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:11 pm

blueapple_x wrote: :garbage:

I feel like I'm gonna regret picking a seat in the middle of the row rather than at the end (where I usually like to sit)...oh well too late


As long as you remember to go to the loo before it starts and refrain drinking too much ;)

Happy for you :woohoo:
Image
User avatar
sweetmm
angel bean
 
Posts: 1014
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:49 pm
Location: GMT +8
Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Tatinof Meet-ups, Spoilers and Reviews

PostPosted by blueapple_x » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:42 pm

sweetmm wrote:
blueapple_x wrote: :garbage:

I feel like I'm gonna regret picking a seat in the middle of the row rather than at the end (where I usually like to sit)...oh well too late


As long as you remember to go to the loo before it starts and refrain drinking too much ;)

Happy for you :woohoo:


:D :D :D
Even though I feel like I'll be tempted to drink a lot before I go, I think I'll save it for after the show as I always have to pee every 5 mins when I drink :ribena: :alcohol: (tmi? oh well lol).
User avatar
blueapple_x
blobfish
 
Posts: 690
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:57 am

Re: Tatinof Meet-ups, Spoilers and Reviews

PostPosted by sweetmm » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:21 pm

blueapple_x wrote:
sweetmm wrote:
blueapple_x wrote: :garbage:

I feel like I'm gonna regret picking a seat in the middle of the row rather than at the end (where I usually like to sit)...oh well too late


As long as you remember to go to the loo before it starts and refrain drinking too much ;)

Happy for you :woohoo:


:D :D :D
Even though I feel like I'll be tempted to drink a lot before I go, I think I'll save it for after the show as I always have to pee every 5 mins when I drink :ribena: :alcohol: (tmi? oh well lol).


There is always adult diaper =P
Image
User avatar
sweetmm
angel bean
 
Posts: 1014
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:49 pm
Location: GMT +8
Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Tatinof Meet-ups, Spoilers and Reviews

PostPosted by blueapple_x » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:29 pm

sweetmm wrote:
There is always adult diaper =P


Lol, that'd be some serious next level dedication. Imagine watching the show in a heavy wet diaper.

Image
User avatar
blueapple_x
blobfish
 
Posts: 690
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:57 am

Re: Tatinof Meet-ups, Spoilers and Reviews

PostPosted by human » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:05 am

blueapple_x wrote:So.....I caved and bought a ticket. I got a seat in the orchestra section because I know I'll never have this opportunity again so I want a decent-ish view (otherwise my cheap ass would be way in the back). I feel like my status as trash has been officialized lol.

:garbage:

I feel like I'm gonna regret picking a seat in the middle of the row rather than at the end (where I usually like to sit)...oh well too late


Yay so excited for you! And honestly lol nothing wrong with being trash *spits on and polishes custom rank*
"I would rather disown all of you as a friend, than continue this moment"
User avatar
human
dan hand trash
dan hand trash
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:07 am
Location: London

Re: Tatinof Meet-ups, Spoilers and Reviews

PostPosted by missemma » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:57 am

sweetmm wrote:
blueapple_x wrote: :garbage:

I feel like I'm gonna regret picking a seat in the middle of the row rather than at the end (where I usually like to sit)...oh well too late


As long as you remember to go to the loo before it starts and refrain drinking too much ;)

Happy for you :woohoo:


In Brighton me and my friend got rather drunk before the show and I had to keep going out to the loo. I went out during bits that didn't bother me if I missed though. I remember going to the bar half way through the show to buy a beer and being told "sorry, we only have orange squash on sale now". Huh, no beer, orange squash only. I guess they didnt expect to sell much alcohol that night.

Only another 6 days until the tour starts, I can't wait to see all the m&g photos and hear stories from the show. It's all very exciting.
:festivedeppy: :lights: :lights: :lights: :lights: :festivedeppy:
User avatar
missemma
dirty bitch
dirty bitch
 
Posts: 864
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:08 am
Location: London

Re: Tatinof Meet-ups, Spoilers and Reviews

PostPosted by whoknows » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:40 pm

emma, you guys going to get them to drink? spill all their secrets?
User avatar
whoknows
crusty sponge
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:00 pm

Re: Tatinof Meet-ups, Spoilers and Reviews

PostPosted by karma_yeah » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:49 am

I made some spreadsheets comparing the size of the US tour compared to the UK tour. Unfortunately, being in America, I did not save the names of the venues and their capacity for the UK tour (if anyone wants to PM me that information, I'll update the spreadsheets), but I am able to compare the # of shows, # of days in the tour, and the # of miles they will drive.

Being technologically impaired, I'm going to try uploading them here. If it doesn't work, I'll contact someone who can help.

Image
Image Image
What goes around, comes around Image
User avatar
karma_yeah
procrastinator
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:24 pm
Location: Houston, TX, USA

Re: Tatinof Meet-ups, Spoilers and Reviews

PostPosted by IckleMissMayhem » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:55 am

Liverpool Empire max capacity is 2,300 or thereabouts. As is the Palladium in London, but as it was set up for Cats at the time, they may have removed some seats there... :shrug:
User avatar
IckleMissMayhem
full-time internet hobo
 
Posts: 1868
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:59 pm
Location: UK
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Tatinof Meet-ups, Spoilers and Reviews

PostPosted by zvk » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:26 am

(i don't know if i missed something and it went over my head buuut) does anyone know if they're still doing audience participation like they did for uk? i was going to make something for the orlando date, but i went to look for the video they did sometime last year talking about it, seems like it's been privated.



wonder if they changed their minds?
User avatar
zvk
senpai
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:52 am

Re: Tatinof Meet-ups, Spoilers and Reviews

PostPosted by majitzu » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:36 am

zvk wrote:(i don't know if i missed something and it went over my head buuut) does anyone know if they're still doing audience participation like they did for uk? i was going to make something for the orlando date, but i went to look for the video they did sometime last year talking about it, seems like it's been privated.



wonder if they changed their minds?


The video was always unlisted, you can only find it by the link in twitter. And yes, they are still going to do audience participation. So go and craft
Image
User avatar
majitzu
trash
 
Posts: 983
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:22 pm
Location: South America

Re: Tatinof Meet-ups, Spoilers and Reviews

PostPosted by zvk » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:58 am

majitzu wrote:
The video was always unlisted, you can only find it by the link in twitter. And yes, they are still going to do audience participation. So go and craft

it's gone from unlisted to privated though, which is why i can't get it through the tweet anymore. i'll definitely get my crafting on though just in case they're still accepting stuff for the shows =P
User avatar
zvk
senpai
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:52 am

Re: Tatinof Meet-ups, Spoilers and Reviews

PostPosted by missemma » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:57 pm

Here are the uk venues & capacity:

Glasgow - Royal Concert Hall -2,500
Newcastle - City Hall - 2,135
Sheffield - City Hall - 2,271
Leeds - Town Hall - 1,550
Plymouth - Pavillions - 2,500
Birmingham - Symphony Hall - 2,260
Cardiff - St David's Hall - 1,550
Belfast - Waterfront - 2,234
Brighton - Dome - 1,770
Nottingham - Royal Concert Hall - 2,449
Liverpool - Empire Theatre - 2,350
London - Palladium - 2,286
Basingstoke - Anvil Centre - 1,400
Folkestone - Leas Cliff Hall - 1,500


I honestly don't know how they'll do all that travelling seeing as the uk dates were fairly spread out!
:festivedeppy: :lights: :lights: :lights: :lights: :festivedeppy:
User avatar
missemma
dirty bitch
dirty bitch
 
Posts: 864
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:08 am
Location: London

Re: Tatinof Meet-ups, Spoilers and Reviews

PostPosted by karma_yeah » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:03 pm

missemma wrote:Here are the uk venues & capacity:

Glasgow - Royal Concert Hall -2,500
Newcastle - City Hall - 2,135
Sheffield - City Hall - 2,271
Leeds - Town Hall - 1,550
Plymouth - Pavillions - 2,500
Birmingham - Symphony Hall - 2,260
Cardiff - St David's Hall - 1,550
Belfast - Waterfront - 2,234
Brighton - Dome - 1,770
Nottingham - Royal Concert Hall - 2,449
Liverpool - Empire Theatre - 2,350
London - Palladium - 2,286
Basingstoke - Anvil Centre - 1,400
Folkestone - Leas Cliff Hall - 1,500


I honestly don't know how they'll do all that travelling seeing as the uk dates were fairly spread out!


Thanks missemma! <3 I had gotten slightly different numbers from wikipedia, so I've updated it with your information.

Image
Image
Image


And I'm with you, I don't know either. They've got no padding in the schedule at all. Spring in the US is notorious for thunderstorms and tornadoes, especially in El Nino years. Today in Houston we got 20 inches of rain and the city was literally shut down because of flooding.

They'll be doing all their sight seeing and souvenir collecting at rest stops when they stop for bathroom breaks :rofl:
What goes around, comes around Image
User avatar
karma_yeah
procrastinator
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:24 pm
Location: Houston, TX, USA

Re: General #tatinof discussion

PostPosted by missemma » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:30 pm

I am in love with your excel spreadsheet tour information, just seeing it makes me realise how much of a journey it's going to be. I mean, 17 dates over 38 days is so spread out compared to 42 dates over 62 days, especially when some venues are literally hundred of miles away.

Also, we have just made a thread for each date of the USA tour so that when there are photos, reviews, spoilers etc that people want to post for each show they can do so. This thread can be used for general tatinof discussion, like what the UK tour was like and how on earth are they going to get through all those USA dates without killing each other :D
:festivedeppy: :lights: :lights: :lights: :lights: :festivedeppy:
User avatar
missemma
dirty bitch
dirty bitch
 
Posts: 864
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:08 am
Location: London

Re: Tatinof Meet-ups, Spoilers and Reviews

PostPosted by kusunoki masashige » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:47 pm

karma_yeah wrote:
missemma wrote:Here are the uk venues & capacity:

Glasgow - Royal Concert Hall -2,500
Newcastle - City Hall - 2,135
Sheffield - City Hall - 2,271
Leeds - Town Hall - 1,550
Plymouth - Pavillions - 2,500
Birmingham - Symphony Hall - 2,260
Cardiff - St David's Hall - 1,550
Belfast - Waterfront - 2,234
Brighton - Dome - 1,770
Nottingham - Royal Concert Hall - 2,449
Liverpool - Empire Theatre - 2,350
London - Palladium - 2,286
Basingstoke - Anvil Centre - 1,400
Folkestone - Leas Cliff Hall - 1,500


I honestly don't know how they'll do all that travelling seeing as the uk dates were fairly spread out!


Thanks missemma! <3 I had gotten slightly different numbers from wikipedia, so I've updated it with your information.

Image
Image
Image


And I'm with you, I don't know either. They've got no padding in the schedule at all. Spring in the US is notorious for thunderstorms and tornadoes, especially in El Nino years. Today in Houston we got 20 inches of rain and the city was literally shut down because of flooding.

They'll be doing all their sight seeing and souvenir collecting at rest stops when they stop for bathroom breaks :rofl:


As for the number of tickets for the UK tour, weren't there two shows for most of the dates?
Still, the US-tour is freaking ambitious…and did they really think they could sell that many tickets? Or maybe it makes sense to put in as many shows as possible on the way, even if they won't be able to sell out the venues, idk. In the UK, people could easily go to multiple dates since it's all not too far apart, but not in America.
User avatar
kusunoki masashige
glabella
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:57 am

Re: General #tatinof discussion

PostPosted by daphenaxa » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:51 pm

do you think they are going to Reading in Pennsylvania because they found it funny and Dan wanted to compare to his Reading in England?? or is it a big city and it's a coincidence?
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
User avatar
daphenaxa
blobfish
 
Posts: 680
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:32 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: General #tatinof discussion

PostPosted by karma_yeah » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:10 pm

missemma wrote:I am in love with your excel spreadsheet tour information, just seeing it makes me realise how much of a journey it's going to be. I mean, 17 dates over 38 days is so spread out compared to 42 dates over 62 days, especially when some venues are literally hundred of miles away.


Glad you like it! And yes, it seems very ambitious.

kusunoki masashige wrote:
karma_yeah wrote:
missemma wrote:Here are the uk venues & capacity:

Glasgow - Royal Concert Hall -2,500
Newcastle - City Hall - 2,135
Sheffield - City Hall - 2,271
Leeds - Town Hall - 1,550
Plymouth - Pavillions - 2,500
Birmingham - Symphony Hall - 2,260
Cardiff - St David's Hall - 1,550
Belfast - Waterfront - 2,234
Brighton - Dome - 1,770
Nottingham - Royal Concert Hall - 2,449
Liverpool - Empire Theatre - 2,350
London - Palladium - 2,286
Basingstoke - Anvil Centre - 1,400
Folkestone - Leas Cliff Hall - 1,500


I honestly don't know how they'll do all that travelling seeing as the uk dates were fairly spread out!


Thanks missemma! <3 I had gotten slightly different numbers from wikipedia, so I've updated it with your information.

Image
Image
Image


And I'm with you, I don't know either. They've got no padding in the schedule at all. Spring in the US is notorious for thunderstorms and tornadoes, especially in El Nino years. Today in Houston we got 20 inches of rain and the city was literally shut down because of flooding.

They'll be doing all their sight seeing and souvenir collecting at rest stops when they stop for bathroom breaks :rofl:


As for the number of tickets for the UK tour, weren't there two shows for most of the dates?
Still, the US-tour is freaking ambitious…and did they really think they could sell that many tickets? Or maybe it makes sense to put in as many shows as possible on the way, even if they won't be able to sell out the venues, idk. In the UK, people could easily go to multiple dates since it's all not too far apart, but not in America.


I didn't remember about having 2 shows some of the days in the UK :headdesk2: But that was smart. Definitely get more bang for your buck. I want to say there are 2 shows during Playlist also, but I think I've excel'd out! :rofl:

daphenaxa wrote:do you think they are going to Reading in Pennsylvania because they found it funny and Dan wanted to compare to his Reading in England?? or is it a big city and it's a coincidence?


Probs! Actually, Reading is only about an hour outside of Philadelphia and I think they may have chosen it because the venue is about the same size as the other venues they will be having shows in (approx. 3000). (It's also where I went to college, ah the memories!)
What goes around, comes around Image
User avatar
karma_yeah
procrastinator
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:24 pm
Location: Houston, TX, USA

Re: General #tatinof discussion

PostPosted by blueapple_x » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:12 pm

To the UK tour attendees:

Why the heck did they throw rats during the show again? I remember hearing about it/seeing a picture but I can't remember the context lol
User avatar
blueapple_x
blobfish
 
Posts: 690
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:57 am

Re: General #tatinof discussion

PostPosted by IckleMissMayhem » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:07 pm

Lurktacularr wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:RIGHT. Who has PL M&G or TATINOF VIP and is willing to get out the tape measure?! :rofl:


Hands up people... whoever you are can you put the D-size debate to its end while you're at it? Ta.


CHALLENGE ON! We're counting on you...! :rofl:
User avatar
IckleMissMayhem
full-time internet hobo
 
Posts: 1868
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:59 pm
Location: UK
Pronouns: she/her

Re: General #tatinof discussion

PostPosted by annetamiau » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:18 pm

I must have been slowly brainwashed, cause I can't believe I'm saying this, but I've come to the conclusion that I wanna see TATINOF. They will never come to Barcelona (cause unfortunatelly their target audience is generally quite bad at English here) but I'm seriously considering going to one of their central Europe shows.

And I'm strangely excited for the USA tour to start, mainly for the anecdotes and stories of the fans. I can't believe how much my opinions on this have changed in about a year. It's like a 180 degrees change. Seriously what's wrong with me?
Behind every great person, there is a great cat
User avatar
annetamiau
sad dimple
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:52 am

PreviousNext

Return to The Amazing Tour Is Not On Fire

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests