In-Depth Bants

What happened to GG?

Re: What happened to GG?

PostPosted by IckleMissMayhem » Tue May 24, 2016 6:40 am

eevee wrote:I thought illegal was being really negative but I wasn't quite sure...really confusing if you ask me, I'm glad people invited me over here, much more positive! Question...is illegal not allowed here? jw?

Anyone's allowed here, afaik, (hell, they let me in, didn't they? :rofl: ) And yes, I'm glad the atmosphere and attitude over here is so much more positive/supportive... Long may it last! :bigthumbsup:
User avatar
IckleMissMayhem
full-time internet hobo
 
Posts: 1868
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:59 pm
Location: UK
Pronouns: she/her

Re: What happened to GG?

PostPosted by swofro » Tue May 24, 2016 6:40 am

eevee wrote:I thought illegal was being really negative but I wasn't quite sure...really confusing if you ask me, I'm glad people invited me over here, much more positive! Question...is illegal not allowed here? jw?


Quoting manged:

manged wrote:
blueapple_x wrote:
Has illegal made an account here yet/has anyone contacted him?

I have, and as of right now, he's not interested in joining.

<3
Love is forever
User avatar
swofro
butterglutton
 
Posts: 880
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:39 pm
Location: Orion's belt
Pronouns: She/her/sheep

Re: What happened to GG?

PostPosted by eevee » Tue May 24, 2016 6:41 am

SquishPhan wrote:
eevee wrote:I thought illegal was being really negative but I wasn't quite sure...really confusing if you ask me, I'm glad people invited me over here, much more positive! Question...is illegal not allowed here? jw?

illegal was invited, but didn't want to join.


Interesting.

edit: well we don't need all the negativity associated with that person anywayy
Image
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
User avatar
eevee
angel bean
 
Posts: 1046
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 10:26 am
Location: USA
Pronouns: She/her

Re: What happened to GG?

PostPosted by sweetmm » Thu May 26, 2016 10:21 pm

Someone new is asking about you guys under :D&P: faq thread there, anyone can help?
Image
User avatar
sweetmm
angel bean
 
Posts: 1012
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:49 pm
Location: GMT +8
Pronouns: She/Her

Re: What happened to GG?

PostPosted by Ticia » Thu May 26, 2016 10:59 pm

sweetmm wrote:Someone new is asking about you guys under :D&P: faq thread there, anyone can help?


Just took care of it!

Edit: it's stuck? on the outbox, it doesn't appear on the sent messages folder :?
Image
User avatar
Ticia
haru pillow
 
Posts: 767
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:19 am
Location: Europe
Pronouns: her / she

Re: What happened to GG?

PostPosted by spider » Fri May 27, 2016 3:40 am

Ticia messages stay in the outbox until they're read. Then they move to the sent messages.
User avatar
spider
ar·tic·u·late
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:31 am

Re: What happened to GG?

PostPosted by NarrysCanary » Fri May 27, 2016 4:01 am

spider wrote:Ticia messages stay in the outbox until they're read. Then they move to the sent messages.


Off-Topic :
Thanks for that . I was wondering why it would stay in the outbox
Image
User avatar
NarrysCanary
morning quiff
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:29 pm
Location: the hexagon country
Pronouns: she/her

Re: What happened to GG?

PostPosted by sweetmm » Tue May 31, 2016 1:35 am

Another person looking for you guys :platonic:
Image
User avatar
sweetmm
angel bean
 
Posts: 1012
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:49 pm
Location: GMT +8
Pronouns: She/Her

Re: What happened to GG?

PostPosted by IckleMissMayhem » Tue May 31, 2016 1:44 am

sweetmm wrote:Another person looking for you guys :platonic:

PM'd. ;)
User avatar
IckleMissMayhem
full-time internet hobo
 
Posts: 1868
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:59 pm
Location: UK
Pronouns: she/her

Re: What happened to GG?

PostPosted by felucca » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:39 am

illegal_mind wrote:a user attacked a mod, and another mod banned that user. said user was part of the little group of people that was in the d&p subsection 24/7. the group of people got pissed said user was banned. blamed it on the mod that was attacked, because they disliked her. other users of that group started attacking mods, it progressed into flaming, they got banned as well. shortly after they all decided to leave so they wouldn't have to deal with our rules

Lol, GG's official version of what happened. :thumb:
Image
User avatar
felucca
hobbit hair
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: What happened to GG?

PostPosted by IckleMissMayhem » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:50 am

felucca wrote:
illegal_mind wrote:a user attacked a mod, and another mod banned that user. said user was part of the little group of people that was in the d&p subsection 24/7. the group of people got pissed said user was banned. blamed it on the mod that was attacked, because they disliked her. other users of that group started attacking mods, it progressed into flaming, they got banned as well. shortly after they all decided to leave so they wouldn't have to deal with our rules

Lol, GG's official version of what happened. :thumb:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Keep drinking the kool-aid illegal. :fu:

http://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f=183&t=27291&p=2246158#p2246158
:gg: in 3......2........1.....!!!! :lol:
User avatar
IckleMissMayhem
full-time internet hobo
 
Posts: 1868
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:59 pm
Location: UK
Pronouns: she/her

Re: What happened to GG?

PostPosted by SquishPhan » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:21 am

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
felucca wrote:
illegal_mind wrote:a user attacked a mod, and another mod banned that user. said user was part of the little group of people that was in the d&p subsection 24/7. the group of people got pissed said user was banned. blamed it on the mod that was attacked, because they disliked her. other users of that group started attacking mods, it progressed into flaming, they got banned as well. shortly after they all decided to leave so they wouldn't have to deal with our rules

Lol, GG's official version of what happened. :thumb:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Keep drinking the kool-aid illegal. :fu:

http://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f=183&t=27291&p=2246158#p2246158
:gg: in 3......2........1.....!!!! :lol:

:rofl: :rofl: Wow if he thinks that is how it went down, than he is truly delusional.
User avatar
SquishPhan
full-time internet hobo
 
Posts: 1891
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:18 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Pronouns: she/her

Re: What happened to GG?

PostPosted by Ticia » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:33 am

Image

He's just trying to make stay the (only?) user that has posted in the thread besides him since March, give him a break :rofl:
Image
User avatar
Ticia
haru pillow
 
Posts: 767
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:19 am
Location: Europe
Pronouns: her / she

Re: What happened to GG?

PostPosted by corn flakes » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:36 am

Oh no, they know how everything went down but they are never gonna admit :roll:
Every single time someone comments they say something negative , also I'm not up to date with everything but I thought Dan only commented that phil wanted it to be something of his channel, like typsy talk in hazel, but was to late?
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
User avatar
corn flakes
ar·tic·u·late
 
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:26 am

Re: What happened to GG?

PostPosted by Anonymousse » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:25 am

IckleMissMayhem wrote: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Keep drinking the kool-aid illegal. :fu:

http://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f=183&t=27291&p=2246158#p2246158
:gg: in 3......2........1.....!!!! :lol:


Oo, snap, Danger ahead.

Image

:dead:
But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

User avatar
Anonymousse
flower crown
 
Posts: 721
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:20 pm
Location: Eastern Europe
Pronouns: she/her

Re: What happened to GG?

PostPosted by lilMango » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:12 pm

this pissed me off so I went and just added "lol sure jan" and they deleted it after like two minutes :lol: I'll post something else on there and see if they delete that too
Old crusty-ass thread has nothing interesting going on in it anyway :rofl:
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
User avatar
lilMango
ar·tic·u·late
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:51 pm
Location: USA
Pronouns: she/her

Re: What happened to GG?

PostPosted by IckleMissMayhem » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:31 pm

lilMango wrote:this pissed me off so I went and just added "lol sure jan" and they deleted it after like two minutes :lol: I'll post something else on there and see if they delete that too
Old crusty-ass thread has nothing interesting going on in it anyway :rofl:

And yet mine is still there. Somebody doesn't get sarcasm, do they? :rofl: :fu:
User avatar
IckleMissMayhem
full-time internet hobo
 
Posts: 1868
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:59 pm
Location: UK
Pronouns: she/her

Re: What happened to GG?

PostPosted by wtfamidoinghere » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:56 pm

illegal's post is giving me that feeling i get when i watch documentaries about propaganda in dictatorships.

I think it's because i can't correct his bullshit without getting deleted/banned. Very frustrating.

Btw, i still go to gg once a week to PM new posters (if there was a new poster that week :rofl: ), but if illegal is badmouthing us, they will be less inclined to check us out. It's probably good that i'm not the only one contacting them.

No phan left behind :lol:
User avatar
wtfamidoinghere
sad dimple
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:02 am
Location: Bavaria
Pronouns: she/her

Re: What happened to GG?

PostPosted by sweetmm » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:59 pm

If you have time visit more often as sometimes there are people searching for you guys and it get deleted; so if its just once a week you might missed them.
Image
User avatar
sweetmm
angel bean
 
Posts: 1012
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:49 pm
Location: GMT +8
Pronouns: She/Her

Re: What happened to GG?

PostPosted by bear » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:58 pm

alcoholicferrets wrote:I'm super happy to get to post this tbh, messy bitch who lives for drama and all. And of course it's understandable that people wouldn't believe statements with no proof (I never saved much stuff in the first place and haven't talked to the people who did in years, I doubt they'd have kept stuff either). I deleted almost everything I had saved from back then.

Note: I feel like this following story might be kind of confusing and possibly uninteresting now that I wrote it out.
So to keep this kind of short but still coherent [after writing 2 paragraphs, I redact this statement, it is neither short nor coherent], in the old (super anti-Dan) threads, a bunch of regular posters decided to start a Google Drive to make a "real" Draw My Life for Dan since he would take forever to upload it and would downplay a lot early Phan stuff. Of course, this new private place for communication resulted in lots of ~secrets~ being revealed, people who were posters revealed their phandom drama-stirring blogs (one of which even got a message from Dan asking them to stop posting his old regrettable photos).

The first drama of the Google Drive (which was mostly used for communication via a main Google Doc and the little chat on the side that people would save manually in an extremely inefficient manner) was due to a particularly douchey poster who would mock people who self-harm, call Dan fat (three guesses as to who happily joined him in that triggering fuckery), call Phil ugly, and say increasingly rapey and serial killeresque things. He also had the brilliant idea to use his actual official school email for the Drive which revealed his full name, so he was eventually #exposed and ousted. People generally supported this. illegal was good friends with this scary ass person and felt we had all unfairly ganged up on him bc they frequently had uncomfortable (for everyone else) flirty conversations in the chat and really enjoyed mocking Dan's weight and sharing links to gay porn.

illegal constantly denied that he was the guy who was blocked by Dan and Phil, despite them having identical writing styles, liking and disliking the same things (Phil and Dan, respectively), making the same specific spelling error repeatedly (costumerserviceblog instead of customerserviceblog - this typo appeared in asks sent from the blocked guy's blog to a phan blog and also every time illegal mentioned it on the Drive), and being from Portugal (the guy who was blocked said he was from Portugal on his blog; a few people on the Drive had blogs with statcounter so they'd get frequent visits from all the countries people in the Drive claimed...and Portugal. illegal constantly insisted he was from Spain, that he'd never gone on their blog, etc.). As time went on, he would also say increasingly implausible things about himself, like tales of sexual exploits that read like Larry Stylinson fanfic, that he worked in a really important family business doing computer stuff when he wasn't on the Drive despite the fact that he was on there all the time, that his family were millionaires so that's why he's secretive about his identity. When people had positive things to say about Dan, illegal got really pissy and tried to insult his shirt or say he would never watch his videos and try to get people to discuss something else. He'd also often authoritatively claim things were Phan facts when they were actually random theories people made up, often in the doc/chat itself.

There was a poster in the Doc (and the original threads) who was a 14 year old girl that some people found annoying (but really, she was just very 14 and innocent/naive about things....also not a native English speaker) and illegal particularly hated. Once she found that someone had changed her from being able to edit the main document people used to communicate to just viewing it. Only some users (incl illegal) could change permissions. Someone switched her back to being able to edit, then it was switched to view only again. The document said it was last edited by illegal. He didn't say anything in the chat until someone switched him to view only, then he suddenly was super angry, said he wasn't near his computer and wasn't looking at the chat, threatened that if he's removed from the Drive, he'd share everyone's personal info/blogs/etc. (we literally had a document where everyone shared their name, age, location, tumblr link...what a mess).

Later, the aforementioned 14yo girl illegal bullied and antagonized found some circumstantial evidence that illegal's stories were fake and that he was the blocked guy; in the chat, she ended up arguing with him about something (saying his claims of being a millionaire are fake probably). He was really vicious and mean towards her and told her her parents should have aborted her. This particular statement was the tip of the iceberg for me bc it's one thing to be fake and mean and shady, but I feel like a grown ass adult (as he claimed to be) telling a child they should have been aborted is just a new level of fucked up.

Over time the Drive died as people lost interest/found alternative ways to communicate with the people they befriended. illegal presumably returned to GG which was resurrected into a significantly better place until it exploded due to being run by demon ass bitter control freaks who lie about their identity.

[I don't know if these things sound particularly bad with no context, but I feel like I have at least made a valiant attempt at recording this tiny piece of niche phandom history]

Woah, I didn't know that. I actually liked illegal until I read all of this.If it's possible, can I have the link to the "real" draw my life? thanks
:somuch:
User avatar
bear
hobbit hair
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:41 pm
Location: New York, USA
Pronouns: she/her

Re: What happened to GG?

PostPosted by mez29 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:05 pm

bear wrote:If it's possible, can I have the link to the "real" draw my life? thanks


It's a lot more respectful than the discussion on GG leading up to it would have you believe. Pretty similar to the actual draw my life iirc.
:dogue:

avatar by the fantastic http://linlinoleum.tumblr.com
User avatar
mez29
hobbit hair
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:33 am
Location: Northern Ireland
Pronouns: they

Re: What happened to GG?

PostPosted by bear » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:39 pm

mez29 wrote:
bear wrote:If it's possible, can I have the link to the "real" draw my life? thanks


It's a lot more respectful than the discussion on GG leading up to it would have you believe. Pretty similar to the actual draw my life iirc.

Oh I've seen that! It was kind of creepy lol. but yeah, I've read a lot of those forums and they were pretty salty back then (and still are). :lol:
Thank you! :love2:
:somuch:
User avatar
bear
hobbit hair
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:41 pm
Location: New York, USA
Pronouns: she/her

Re: What happened to GG?

PostPosted by melon lord » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:45 pm

alcoholicferrets wrote:I'm super happy to get to post this tbh, messy bitch who lives for drama and all. And of course it's understandable that people wouldn't believe statements with no proof (I never saved much stuff in the first place and haven't talked to the people who did in years, I doubt they'd have kept stuff either). I deleted almost everything I had saved from back then.

Note: I feel like this following story might be kind of confusing and possibly uninteresting now that I wrote it out.
So to keep this kind of short but still coherent [after writing 2 paragraphs, I redact this statement, it is neither short nor coherent], in the old (super anti-Dan) threads, a bunch of regular posters decided to start a Google Drive to make a "real" Draw My Life for Dan since he would take forever to upload it and would downplay a lot early Phan stuff. Of course, this new private place for communication resulted in lots of ~secrets~ being revealed, people who were posters revealed their phandom drama-stirring blogs (one of which even got a message from Dan asking them to stop posting his old regrettable photos).

The first drama of the Google Drive (which was mostly used for communication via a main Google Doc and the little chat on the side that people would save manually in an extremely inefficient manner) was due to a particularly douchey poster who would mock people who self-harm, call Dan fat (three guesses as to who happily joined him in that triggering fuckery), call Phil ugly, and say increasingly rapey and serial killeresque things. He also had the brilliant idea to use his actual official school email for the Drive which revealed his full name, so he was eventually #exposed and ousted. People generally supported this. illegal was good friends with this scary ass person and felt we had all unfairly ganged up on him bc they frequently had uncomfortable (for everyone else) flirty conversations in the chat and really enjoyed mocking Dan's weight and sharing links to gay porn.

illegal constantly denied that he was the guy who was blocked by Dan and Phil, despite them having identical writing styles, liking and disliking the same things (Phil and Dan, respectively), making the same specific spelling error repeatedly (costumerserviceblog instead of customerserviceblog - this typo appeared in asks sent from the blocked guy's blog to a phan blog and also every time illegal mentioned it on the Drive), and being from Portugal (the guy who was blocked said he was from Portugal on his blog; a few people on the Drive had blogs with statcounter so they'd get frequent visits from all the countries people in the Drive claimed...and Portugal. illegal constantly insisted he was from Spain, that he'd never gone on their blog, etc.). As time went on, he would also say increasingly implausible things about himself, like tales of sexual exploits that read like Larry Stylinson fanfic, that he worked in a really important family business doing computer stuff when he wasn't on the Drive despite the fact that he was on there all the time, that his family were millionaires so that's why he's secretive about his identity. When people had positive things to say about Dan, illegal got really pissy and tried to insult his shirt or say he would never watch his videos and try to get people to discuss something else. He'd also often authoritatively claim things were Phan facts when they were actually random theories people made up, often in the doc/chat itself.

There was a poster in the Doc (and the original threads) who was a 14 year old girl that some people found annoying (but really, she was just very 14 and innocent/naive about things....also not a native English speaker) and illegal particularly hated. Once she found that someone had changed her from being able to edit the main document people used to communicate to just viewing it. Only some users (incl illegal) could change permissions. Someone switched her back to being able to edit, then it was switched to view only again. The document said it was last edited by illegal. He didn't say anything in the chat until someone switched him to view only, then he suddenly was super angry, said he wasn't near his computer and wasn't looking at the chat, threatened that if he's removed from the Drive, he'd share everyone's personal info/blogs/etc. (we literally had a document where everyone shared their name, age, location, tumblr link...what a mess).

Later, the aforementioned 14yo girl illegal bullied and antagonized found some circumstantial evidence that illegal's stories were fake and that he was the blocked guy; in the chat, she ended up arguing with him about something (saying his claims of being a millionaire are fake probably). He was really vicious and mean towards her and told her her parents should have aborted her. This particular statement was the tip of the iceberg for me bc it's one thing to be fake and mean and shady, but I feel like a grown ass adult (as he claimed to be) telling a child they should have been aborted is just a new level of fucked up.

Over time the Drive died as people lost interest/found alternative ways to communicate with the people they befriended. illegal presumably returned to GG which was resurrected into a significantly better place until it exploded due to being run by demon ass bitter control freaks who lie about their identity.

[I don't know if these things sound particularly bad with no context, but I feel like I have at least made a valiant attempt at recording this tiny piece of niche phandom history]



OKAY I know this is sooo last year's news, but some people were questioning the validity of this post and as a former drive member I can confirm all of this is 100000% true

I was one of the regular members from the early days and I spent a LOT of time in the drive. I was one of the first people to join, I saw it being built from the ground up, I witnessed the birth of the fake DML video and I witnessed the bullying/changing of edits/illegal's very uncomfortable comments

I also remember when the evidence was piling up that illegal was actually the one blocked, and yes a LOT of negative behaviour came from him. Looking back on it now and comparing it to here, that place was toxic. Having such a negative person around really drives a mob mentality through the roof. Even Dan stans would sway because he simply has a charismatic way of being offensive, or provocative.

I too don't have any receipts since I kind of faded from activity both in the drive and in the forum but the image of the drive is burned into my retinas. All of our chats were colour coded; each of us had a colour and the document was a mess of colours interlapping and switching. I believe illegal's was yellow? We all had those avatars that you made with Rinmaru's Anime Face Maker which was super popular at the time

http://www.rinmarugames.com/playgame.ph ... face-maker

especially since there were versions of the fantastic foursome done by dan, I believe? and it was as we "were", if you will, or how we wanted to be, and it had our name, age, tumblr, all our information was there so that we kept track of who was who and we were very tight. As always, illegal was very mysterious and very crude; he would often say how he was watching gay porn to relax and he had a kind of disgusted attitude at the idea of female genitalia, which was umcorfortable. Like yeah I get you don't like it but he acted as though it was the literal worst thing on the planet (next to Dan :roll: ). He did indeed claim to be from Spain and work from home. Nobody really managed to get close to him apart from the other gay guy. They would both bash other people and Dan and be very big bullies. I would NOT be surprised if illegal has instigated much more than he pretends to.

I'm kind of ashamed even that his signature of Ursula, which he's had since I was active, was actually because of me. I and another member had a side blog on tumblr where we posted crack fics that were horror themed; Deppy were actually ghosts, Dan murdered his date, Dan turned into a giant moth, that kind of stuff. Dan even liked one of the fics, and it was also me that started Church of Dan and the 10 commandments and such. I had posted that Ursula gif at the end of a fic and he found it hilarious and used it on his signature ever since.

Looking back on it, a lot of us were straight-up bullies. Illegal never missed an opportunity to either insult Dan or "expose" them in any way with information that could out their relationship. It became a circus, a sort of "freak show" to point and laugh at as though we weren't people, or as though deppy weren't real people. It was a mob mentality of old pictures and screenshots, and it's so embarrassing now.

So in a way I'm very glad this forum exists. The atmosphere is so much more positive and tolerant, even if in illegal's mind it's kiss-ass and "fangirly". Most of us have come from those days so nothing is really new anymore, and we have no need to bully or mock them for it. If you dislike the boys as much as some of those members did, this is not the place for you.

I still have salt from the fans at the time who criticised us for having old screenshots but at the same time begged to see them in private message or anon ask on tumblr. I still claim that nothing in that drive was so secret that most members now don't know about. It was for archiving stuff already found, nothing was added that was kept secret from the rest.

While I think the boys have thicker skin than be offended at the fake DML, I regret it now and wish we hadn't done it, because we didn't have good intentions, we'd become mocking trolls who lost our compassion, as hippie-dippie as it sounds.


tl;dr sorry for dragging up the past but was there, can confirm
:lights: :lights:
Image
:lights: :lights:
User avatar
melon lord
morning quiff
 
Posts: 469
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:47 am
Location: post-baking universe
Pronouns: she/her

Re: What happened to GG?

PostPosted by CallMeAyana » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:36 am

melon lord wrote:
alcoholicferrets wrote:I'm super happy to get to post this tbh, messy bitch who lives for drama and all. And of course it's understandable that people wouldn't believe statements with no proof (I never saved much stuff in the first place and haven't talked to the people who did in years, I doubt they'd have kept stuff either). I deleted almost everything I had saved from back then.

Note: I feel like this following story might be kind of confusing and possibly uninteresting now that I wrote it out.
So to keep this kind of short but still coherent [after writing 2 paragraphs, I redact this statement, it is neither short nor coherent], in the old (super anti-Dan) threads, a bunch of regular posters decided to start a Google Drive to make a "real" Draw My Life for Dan since he would take forever to upload it and would downplay a lot early Phan stuff. Of course, this new private place for communication resulted in lots of ~secrets~ being revealed, people who were posters revealed their phandom drama-stirring blogs (one of which even got a message from Dan asking them to stop posting his old regrettable photos).

The first drama of the Google Drive (which was mostly used for communication via a main Google Doc and the little chat on the side that people would save manually in an extremely inefficient manner) was due to a particularly douchey poster who would mock people who self-harm, call Dan fat (three guesses as to who happily joined him in that triggering fuckery), call Phil ugly, and say increasingly rapey and serial killeresque things. He also had the brilliant idea to use his actual official school email for the Drive which revealed his full name, so he was eventually #exposed and ousted. People generally supported this. illegal was good friends with this scary ass person and felt we had all unfairly ganged up on him bc they frequently had uncomfortable (for everyone else) flirty conversations in the chat and really enjoyed mocking Dan's weight and sharing links to gay porn.

illegal constantly denied that he was the guy who was blocked by Dan and Phil, despite them having identical writing styles, liking and disliking the same things (Phil and Dan, respectively), making the same specific spelling error repeatedly (costumerserviceblog instead of customerserviceblog - this typo appeared in asks sent from the blocked guy's blog to a phan blog and also every time illegal mentioned it on the Drive), and being from Portugal (the guy who was blocked said he was from Portugal on his blog; a few people on the Drive had blogs with statcounter so they'd get frequent visits from all the countries people in the Drive claimed...and Portugal. illegal constantly insisted he was from Spain, that he'd never gone on their blog, etc.). As time went on, he would also say increasingly implausible things about himself, like tales of sexual exploits that read like Larry Stylinson fanfic, that he worked in a really important family business doing computer stuff when he wasn't on the Drive despite the fact that he was on there all the time, that his family were millionaires so that's why he's secretive about his identity. When people had positive things to say about Dan, illegal got really pissy and tried to insult his shirt or say he would never watch his videos and try to get people to discuss something else. He'd also often authoritatively claim things were Phan facts when they were actually random theories people made up, often in the doc/chat itself.

There was a poster in the Doc (and the original threads) who was a 14 year old girl that some people found annoying (but really, she was just very 14 and innocent/naive about things....also not a native English speaker) and illegal particularly hated. Once she found that someone had changed her from being able to edit the main document people used to communicate to just viewing it. Only some users (incl illegal) could change permissions. Someone switched her back to being able to edit, then it was switched to view only again. The document said it was last edited by illegal. He didn't say anything in the chat until someone switched him to view only, then he suddenly was super angry, said he wasn't near his computer and wasn't looking at the chat, threatened that if he's removed from the Drive, he'd share everyone's personal info/blogs/etc. (we literally had a document where everyone shared their name, age, location, tumblr link...what a mess).

Later, the aforementioned 14yo girl illegal bullied and antagonized found some circumstantial evidence that illegal's stories were fake and that he was the blocked guy; in the chat, she ended up arguing with him about something (saying his claims of being a millionaire are fake probably). He was really vicious and mean towards her and told her her parents should have aborted her. This particular statement was the tip of the iceberg for me bc it's one thing to be fake and mean and shady, but I feel like a grown ass adult (as he claimed to be) telling a child they should have been aborted is just a new level of fucked up.

Over time the Drive died as people lost interest/found alternative ways to communicate with the people they befriended. illegal presumably returned to GG which was resurrected into a significantly better place until it exploded due to being run by demon ass bitter control freaks who lie about their identity.

[I don't know if these things sound particularly bad with no context, but I feel like I have at least made a valiant attempt at recording this tiny piece of niche phandom history]



OKAY I know this is sooo last year's news, but some people were questioning the validity of this post and as a former drive member I can confirm all of this is 100000% true

I was one of the regular members from the early days and I spent a LOT of time in the drive. I was one of the first people to join, I saw it being built from the ground up, I witnessed the birth of the fake DML video and I witnessed the bullying/changing of edits/illegal's very uncomfortable comments

I also remember when the evidence was piling up that illegal was actually the one blocked, and yes a LOT of negative behaviour came from him. Looking back on it now and comparing it to here, that place was toxic. Having such a negative person around really drives a mob mentality through the roof. Even Dan stans would sway because he simply has a charismatic way of being offensive, or provocative.

I too don't have any receipts since I kind of faded from activity both in the drive and in the forum but the image of the drive is burned into my retinas. All of our chats were colour coded; each of us had a colour and the document was a mess of colours interlapping and switching. I believe illegal's was yellow? We all had those avatars that you made with Rinmaru's Anime Face Maker which was super popular at the time

http://www.rinmarugames.com/playgame.ph ... face-maker

especially since there were versions of the fantastic foursome done by dan, I believe? and it was as we "were", if you will, or how we wanted to be, and it had our name, age, tumblr, all our information was there so that we kept track of who was who and we were very tight. As always, illegal was very mysterious and very crude; he would often say how he was watching gay porn to relax and he had a kind of disgusted attitude at the idea of female genitalia, which was umcorfortable. Like yeah I get you don't like it but he acted as though it was the literal worst thing on the planet (next to Dan :roll: ). He did indeed claim to be from Spain and work from home. Nobody really managed to get close to him apart from the other gay guy. They would both bash other people and Dan and be very big bullies. I would NOT be surprised if illegal has instigated much more than he pretends to.

I'm kind of ashamed even that his signature of Ursula, which he's had since I was active, was actually because of me. I and another member had a side blog on tumblr where we posted crack fics that were horror themed; Deppy were actually ghosts, Dan murdered his date, Dan turned into a giant moth, that kind of stuff. Dan even liked one of the fics, and it was also me that started Church of Dan and the 10 commandments and such. I had posted that Ursula gif at the end of a fic and he found it hilarious and used it on his signature ever since.

Looking back on it, a lot of us were straight-up bullies. Illegal never missed an opportunity to either insult Dan or "expose" them in any way with information that could out their relationship. It became a circus, a sort of "freak show" to point and laugh at as though we weren't people, or as though deppy weren't real people. It was a mob mentality of old pictures and screenshots, and it's so embarrassing now.

So in a way I'm very glad this forum exists. The atmosphere is so much more positive and tolerant, even if in illegal's mind it's kiss-ass and "fangirly". Most of us have come from those days so nothing is really new anymore, and we have no need to bully or mock them for it. If you dislike the boys as much as some of those members did, this is not the place for you.

I still have salt from the fans at the time who criticised us for having old screenshots but at the same time begged to see them in private message or anon ask on tumblr. I still claim that nothing in that drive was so secret that most members now don't know about. It was for archiving stuff already found, nothing was added that was kept secret from the rest.

While I think the boys have thicker skin than be offended at the fake DML, I regret it now and wish we hadn't done it, because we didn't have good intentions, we'd become mocking trolls who lost our compassion, as hippie-dippie as it sounds.


tl;dr sorry for dragging up the past but was there, can confirm


Nothing to add, except that I'm glad that IDB was made because GG is so damn toxic. The toxic levels there are so high, and some posts aren't even constructive crticisisms- it's straight-out insults. I'm glad that everyone here isn't like that anymore though :) I do hope that even if our community grows bigger, people won't be as negative as before :snow:
Image
1... 2... 3...
WE'RE GOING DOWN, DOWN, IN AN EARLIER ROUND. AND, SUGAR WE'RE GOING DOWN SWINGING.
User avatar
CallMeAyana
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:14 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Bermuda Triangle
Pronouns: Phan Trash

Previous

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest