In-Depth Bants

Catrific

Re: Catrific

PostPosted by melon lord » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:59 pm

bee wrote:
She doesn't interest me much as well and I don't watch her besides when she's with D&P, but.
I don't really understand the distrust. People apparently want her in their content and keep including her in stuff, so they must like doing that or are getting something out of that?
She doesn't have a clear voice or a brand or really much to say and you kind of need that as a Youtuber. So I get that it's definitely different that she's popular or whatever despite that. To me she just seems more of a behind the scenes person. She doesn't really 'fit' in the spotlight. Or something. But that's my late-night interpretation.

As I said, it's really difficult to explain when you weren't there to see her appear out of the woodwork. Not being rude to you!

To the people she appears with she seems to be friends and to the big youtubers it's probably not a big deal, but it seemed suspicious from the side of the audience. I am very cynical and I refuse to believe there's nothing in it for any party. Cat seems to be in the middle of a lot of youtube stuff. She was the first person Ingrid opened up to, she covered up Joey's sexuality (I believe it was Joey?), she just seems to be everywhere with everyone. Hence the distrust especially with deppy.

The phandom is intense and a lot of phans do hate on her in a disrespectful way, I certainly wouldn't harass her or threaten her or send her hate mail. But also look at Louise, phans love her for the most part and that says a lot.
:lights: :lights:
melon lord
morning quiff

Pronouns: she/her

PostPosted by melon lord » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:28 am

sorry for second posting but revisiting THAT place and found this old gem :lol:

melon lord
morning quiff

PostPosted by Galactic-Howell » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:39 am

melon lord wrote:sorry for second posting but revisiting THAT place and found this old gem :lol:

:roll: We need a bigger eye roll emoji. smh
Galactic-Howell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

PostPosted by lavenderpetals » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:17 pm

I love right as she posts the :D&P: selfie she posts this. Directed towards the phandom maybe?

lavenderpetals
butt chair

Pronouns: They/Them

PostPosted by flarequake » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:17 am

Probably, though nearly all the replies I saw to the photo were nice. I think she has a point and though it's not directly to anyone which I guess makes it passive-aggressive, she's had people from the phandom be rude about her for years to the point she thinks the whole phandom hates her. Maybe she sees a comment and feels crap (I know I would, I avoid conflict especially online, cos getting older has not helped at all) after one of the few times in a year she gets to see some friends (she called them her faves, if they're some of her best friends, it's pretty special seeing them at all). I'm sure people can get used to unkind comments after a while, but not everyone's skin is made of rubber.
:instinct:
flarequake
morning quiff

Pronouns: She/her

PostPosted by alittledizzy » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:52 pm

Two minutes in:

Q: What's the hardest part of being a youtuber?
Cat: I would say for me personally - which, I don't know if this is the answer for anyone else - uh, the hardest thing is having friends that are way more successful than you, because there's moments where you want to compare yourself to them and be like, why am I not on the same level that my friends are on, why don't I have as many subscribers as they do? And it's just a thing that you have to really be careful not to let it effect your self-esteem and your work ethic. It's something that I would say I'm normally pretty good at, but I would say the days that have been my hardest within Youtube are the days I'm thinking, should I quit? Is it even worth it continuing try to get a million subscribers or five million subscribers or wherever my friends are at. It's hard not to compare yourself to other.

I guess she was honest, at least.

(She also says she's going to London for Christmas in the video, with two friends - and specifies "Not youtubers. You don't know who they are.")
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

PostPosted by Afunnyworld » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:54 pm

alittledizzy wrote:

Two minutes in:

Q: What's the hardest part of being a youtuber?
Cat: I would say for me personally - which, I don't know if this is the answer for anyone else - uh, the hardest thing is having friends that are way more successful than you, because there's moments where you want to compare yourself to them and be like, why am I not on the same level that my friends are on, why don't I have as many subscribers as they do? And it's just a thing that you have to really be careful not to let it effect your self-esteem and your work ethic. It's something that I would say I'm normally pretty good at, but I would say the days that have been my hardest within Youtube are the days I'm thinking, should I quit? Is it even worth it continuing try to get a million subscribers or five million subscribers or wherever my friends are at. It's hard not to compare yourself to other.

I guess she was honest, at least.

(She also says she's going to London for Christmas in the video, with two friends - and specifies "Not youtubers. You don't know who they are.")

Dont know if this was already mentioned but at 5:40 she says that D&P are the youtubers that she respects the most.
Afunnyworld
dank meme

PostPosted by lavenderpetals » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:43 pm

manged wrote:Y'all looking at her hair and I'm looking at those miniature hockey sticks she calls eyebrows.

lavenderpetals
butt chair

Pronouns: They/Them

Previous

Return to Other Youtubers