web
analytics

In-Depth Bants

TomSka (Thomas Ridgewell)

Re: TomSka (Thomas Ridgewell)

PostPosted by Small Breezy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:44 pm

Holy shit guys, he was clearly joking about being a "blemish" and found it amusing... Calm down. Y'all take everything too seriously/literally.
Small Breezy
first-time poster

PostPosted by 000dia000 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:00 pm

Small Breezy wrote:Holy shit guys, he was clearly joking about being a "blemish" and found it amusing... Calm down. Y'all take everything too seriously/literally.

This discussion was from a few months back. I feel as if your comment is based on information that is a little out of touch. Sure, Tom makes jokes but these are used as self-depreciating humor to combat literal depression he has, he has done videos about, and frequently mentions in his weekly vlogs. While, yes, Tom does say these in a joking manner, he says these things a lot, and I mean a lot, so when comparing these to his blatant statements about his insecurities, I think people have a right to say "these statements are a bit off, hope he's doing okay :) "
000dia000
haru pillow

PostPosted by flarequake » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:24 pm

:instinct:
flarequake
cat whiskers

Pronouns: She/her

PostPosted by Skylar » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:12 pm

i don't know much about tom besides his asdf movies which i find hilarious and i've only seen one of his vlogs but i do find him cute and he's very open about certain topics from what i've heard, like about his mental illness which i appreciate bc we need more people being open about that.

"this isn't a forever home."
Skylar
procrastinator

Pronouns: they/their/them

PostPosted by LeftHandedism » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:28 pm

Skylar wrote:i don't know much about tom besides his asdf movies which i find hilarious and i've only seen one of his vlogs but i do find him cute and he's very open about certain topics from what i've heard, like about his mental illness which i appreciate bc we need more people being open about that.

You mean you haven't watched "Rejects"?:

Or the outtakes?:

Two of the funniest things on the internet :2thumbsup: :rofl:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
LeftHandedism
#relatable

Pronouns: she/her

PostPosted by flarequake » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:12 am

LeftHandedism wrote:Two of the funniest things on the internet :2thumbsup: :rofl:

Wow, that's quite a high honour. Not gonna lie, they are pretty funny.
:instinct:
flarequake
cat whiskers

Pronouns: She/her

PostPosted by Skylar » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:49 pm

lefthandedism, i have seen those actually now that i think about it oops. i forgot i watched it.

"this isn't a forever home."
Skylar
procrastinator

Pronouns: they/their/them

PostPosted by malday » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:32 pm

the anti-sjw went nuts in the comments of his video

malday
blobfish

PostPosted by 000dia000 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:11 pm

malday wrote:the anti-sjw went nuts in the comments of his video

I'm surprised he didn't anticipate this, Tom has always made dark jokes, and I don't think has made (frequent) mentions of anything to this nature, so I'm not surprised that he has audience members like this, and just the title alone attracts randomers who just like to comment on videos like this to troll. Still, at least by making this video, he has made his views and points very clear. I particularly liked his response to a guy on twitter:

(he didn't actually watch the video, so he made an assumption, and corrects himself, but still)
One thing I appreciate about Tom, is that he's loud and opinionated. While it's both a blessing and curse, in some ways, I love how he goes through the comments and openly replies to things he disagrees with and makes it very clear, especially by making comments under the video so those can see that he intended for the video to be satire, and that he doesn't like anti-SJW types.
000dia000
haru pillow

PostPosted by nephilimcat » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:27 am

000dia000 wrote:
malday wrote:the anti-sjw went nuts in the comments of his video

I'm surprised he didn't anticipate this, Tom has always made dark jokes, and I don't think has made (frequent) mentions of anything to this nature, so I'm not surprised that he has audience members like this, and just the title alone attracts randomers who just like to comment on videos like this to troll. Still, at least by making this video, he has made his views and points very clear. I particularly liked his response to a guy on twitter:

(he didn't actually watch the video, so he made an assumption, and corrects himself, but still)
One thing I appreciate about Tom, is that he's loud and opinionated. While it's both a blessing and curse, in some ways, I love how he goes through the comments and openly replies to things he disagrees with and makes it very clear, especially by making comments under the video so those can see that he intended for the video to be satire, and that he doesn't like anti-SJW types.

I loved that video! It is a perfect satirical example of how people that claim to be allies and support the LGBTQ* community act sometimes. I felt that last comment about bisexuality so much, damn! :(

I agree Tom should've known that all those assholes would flood the video and make stupid comments. Titles and thumbnails like that attract them like light attracts moths. I can't believe that he didn't expect it. Maybe he was surprised by the amount but he must have known that he would get hate for it. It's good to see where he stands and it's always nice to see videos about this topic that are comedic. And it's not queer people that are the joke :stan: Anti-SJW are so butthurt now :ribena:
Last edited by jesp on Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed tags
pulvis et umbra sumus
nephilimcat
morning quiff

PostPosted by onetruetrash » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:01 pm

This is pretty random, but I had no idea where to put this so

I was looking through the GG threads about Alex Day and veeoneeye, I dunno how that happened, but apparently Tom tweeted "5 down, 2 to go" when Jason (veeoneeye) was exposed. Who were the other two. I'm assuming one was KarimAbridged, but who was the other? Did we ever find out?
"If you ever think you've phanned too hard, you haven't,
you can't. " - Charlie Casey
onetruetrash
long-time wanker

Previous

Return to Other Youtubers