In-Depth Bants

The Dan and Phil White Whale

our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!

Re: The Dan and Phil White Whale

PostPosted by Catallena » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:00 pm

LeftHandedism wrote:First, everyone can tell the shots are out of order—no whiskers, dark whiskers, smudged whiskers, etc., not to mention the state of the bed. I've been able to sort the shots into categories, based on those criteria, but I'm not good (patient?) enough with examining video to be able to make a definitive ordering. So, does anyone know whether this has been done, and if so can you point me to it?

This unlisted video should be what you're looking for;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWjjQa22efI

I remembered it being submitted to Phantaray a few years ago, people were really into that topic for a while :D
Stan is only one letter away from Satan.
Catallena
illuminati

PostPosted by LeftHandedism » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:03 pm

Catallena wrote:
LeftHandedism wrote:First, everyone can tell the shots are out of order—no whiskers, dark whiskers, smudged whiskers, etc., not to mention the state of the bed. I've been able to sort the shots into categories, based on those criteria, but I'm not good (patient?) enough with examining video to be able to make a definitive ordering. So, does anyone know whether this has been done, and if so can you point me to it?

This unlisted video should be what you're looking for;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWjjQa22efI

I remembered it being submitted to Phantaray a few years ago, people were really into that topic for a while :D

This is great, thanks! :2thumbsup: It does look like a proper video when in the right order.

It was interesting to see in the comments that the poster had been planning to do the same for the later PINOFs, but then decided that they were all basically chronological, so it was unnecessary.

Dan does say in TABINOF that he liked how hypnotic Phil's editing was on the original. Clearly it was a deliberate choice. Which is interesting given how even at the level of whiskers/no-whiskers it's easy to tell it's all out of order.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
LeftHandedism
sad dimple

Pronouns: she/her

PostPosted by DeadlyNova » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:41 pm

LeftHandedism wrote:It was interesting to see in the comments that the poster had been planning to do the same for the later PINOFs, but then decided that they were all basically chronological, so it was unnecessary.

Dan does say in TABINOF that he liked how hypnotic Phil's editing was on the original. Clearly it was a deliberate choice. Which is interesting given how even at the level of whiskers/no-whiskers it's easy to tell it's all out of order.

In PINOF8 now you can tell the clips are out of order because of Dan's nose smudging. I'm taking that to mean they are all very out of order it's just almost impossible to tell with the ones where no noses are smudged.
DeadlyNova
butt chair

PostPosted by hiddenwombat » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:54 am

...does anyone have more context for this incident?

like he had to have been there for something right
hiddenwombat
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

PostPosted by Waggle9007 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:41 am

hiddenwombat wrote:...does anyone have more context for this incident?

It was from when he was filming the super gamers documentary wasn't it? Maybe I'm completely wrong though
Waggle9007
glabella

PostPosted by bee » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:44 am

Waggle9007 wrote:
hiddenwombat wrote:...does anyone have more context for this incident?

It was from when he was filming the super gamers documentary wasn't it? Maybe I'm completely wrong though

no I think it is too, I think you can even see one of the gamers with him in one of those pics?

here is Dan in the classroom from the doc for comparison
bee
cheeky #spon

PostPosted by malday » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:50 pm

I remember reading there was an old BBC radio show episode where Dan wouldn't go near Phil, and Phil said something along the lines "it's not like i have a disease".
It's that true or just made up? Anyone know when it aired?
malday
procrastinator

PostPosted by hmm » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:24 am

malday wrote:I remember reading there was an old BBC radio show episode where Dan wouldn't go near Phil, and Phil said something along the lines "it's not like i have a disease".

definitely remember hearing phil say 'it's not like i have a disease' so you're not crazy
maybe a joint liveshow?
will keep looking
hmm
drama llama

PostPosted by hmm » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:31 am

hmm wrote:
malday wrote:I remember reading there was an old BBC radio show episode where Dan wouldn't go near Phil, and Phil said something along the lines "it's not like i have a disease".

definitely remember hearing phil say 'it's not like i have a disease' so you're not crazy
maybe a joint liveshow?
will keep looking

found it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YckFMZy-TEc
1:12- 1:26
hmm
drama llama

PostPosted by malday » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:44 am

hmm wrote:
hmm wrote:

maybe a joint liveshow?
will keep looking

found it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YckFMZy-TEc
1:12- 1:26

Thank you!
malday
procrastinator

PostPosted by captainspacecoat » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:00 am

I have a question that hopefully someone here will know the answer to: does anyone know who ran the @PhilsLion twitter account?

I just assumed it was a fan, but people still retweet from it as though it was actually Phil tweeting. The tweets don't sound like Phil's style, but then they are from like 5+ years ago so maybe his tweeting style has just changed a lot, idk.

So yeah, was it actually Phil behind the account or just a fan? Thanks so much if anyone can enlighten me! :love2: :love2: :love2:
captainspacecoat

PostPosted by 000dia000 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:27 am

captainspacecoat wrote:I have a question that hopefully someone here will know the answer to: does anyone know who ran the @PhilsLion twitter account?

I just assumed it was a fan, but people still retweet from it as though it was actually Phil tweeting. The tweets don't sound like Phil's style, but then they are from like 5+ years ago so maybe his tweeting style has just changed a lot, idk.

So yeah, was it actually Phil behind the account or just a fan? Thanks so much if anyone can enlighten me! :love2: :love2: :love2:

I'm sorry, I don't think I would be able to pull exactly what video Phil mentioned this in, but I distinctly remember him saying something along the lines of:
"Oh, and check out this twitter somebody made of Lion. I like it."
It's in an old, old video of his, sorry I can't provide much more. I know Phil has a secret YouTube channel though that only has 300 subscribers and one video, it was the last video on a "choose your own adventure" style video on his channel, and this last video, right at the very end, is a small kind of easter egg
000dia000
stress mushroom

PostPosted by captainspacecoat » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:56 pm

000dia000 wrote:I'm sorry, I don't think I would be able to pull exactly what video Phil mentioned this in, but I distinctly remember him saying something along the lines of:
It's in an old, old video of his, sorry I can't provide much more. I know Phil has a secret YouTube channel though that only has 300 subscribers and one video, it was the last video on a "choose your own adventure" style video on his channel, and this last video, right at the very end, is a small kind of easter egg

Ahhh thank you so much! I thought as much, the tweets really didn't seem like they were written by Phil to me, but people keep retweeting them and I even saw someone tweet about how Phil should bring that account back, so I wondered if maybe I was wrong. Thanks for clearing that up for me :thanks:
captainspacecoat

PostPosted by pilotlight » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:53 pm

captainspacecoat wrote:
000dia000 wrote:I'm sorry, I don't think I would be able to pull exactly what video Phil mentioned this in, but I distinctly remember him saying something along the lines of:

Ahhh thank you so much! I thought as much, the tweets really didn't seem like they were written by Phil to me, but people keep retweeting them and I even saw someone tweet about how Phil should bring that account back, so I wondered if maybe I was wrong. Thanks for clearing that up for me :thanks:

I think I found the video dia was talking about. :)
He mentions it about 20 seconds into in a video called AmazingJason: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoI3HM5fD7E
:lion:
pilotlight
sad dimple

Pronouns: he/him

PostPosted by mez29 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:37 pm

Long shot :shrug: but does anyone remember which of the gamingmas videos phil said "janice" in? bracing myself for a long and attentive rewatch i know
mez29
hobbit hair

PostPosted by oqua » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:43 pm

mez29 wrote:Long shot :shrug: but does anyone remember which of the gamingmas videos phil said "janice" in? bracing myself for a long and attentive rewatch i know

The sticky balls one. They rolled her up.
“Child.”
-Kathryn Lester
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

PostPosted by Lain » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:44 pm

mez29 wrote:Long shot :shrug: but does anyone remember which of the gamingmas videos phil said "janice" in? bracing myself for a long and attentive rewatch i know

The Katamari video @ 12:34:

:ribena:

Edit: Oops, oqua beat me
Lain
hobbit hair

PostPosted by mez29 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:47 pm

tysm both of you! <3
mez29
hobbit hair

PostPosted by oqua » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:49 pm

Lain wrote:

The Katamari video @ 12:34:

:ribena:

Edit: Oops, oqua beat me

Lol, so they didn't roll her up.

Also :stan: your answer was much more helpful than mine :rofl:
“Child.”
-Kathryn Lester
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

PostPosted by sentinel » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:38 am

So I found this on insta and I was wondering if anyone knew where it was from?
sentinel

PostPosted by captainspacecoat » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:32 pm

sentinel wrote:So I found this on insta and I was wondering if anyone knew where it was from?

I'm pretty sure it was from a video by Gary C on youtube, from around Christmas 2009. I think it must have been deleted though, as his channel only goes back four years. I do remember watching it though, Gary used to have a puppet (I can't remember it's name for the life of me, but there's a whole segment about it dying in one of the Becoming Youtube videos) which he was using to ask various youtubers what they want for Christmas. So that's Gary as the puppet speaking in the top right panel. Sorry that wasn't more helpful, someone else might have a copy of the video? I don't remember it being that interesting though haha
captainspacecoat

PostPosted by sentinel » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:07 am

captainspacecoat wrote:
sentinel wrote:So I found this on insta and I was wondering if anyone knew where it was from?

I'm pretty sure it was from a video by Gary C on youtube, from around Christmas 2009. I think it must have been deleted though, as his channel only goes back four years. I do remember watching it though, Gary used to have a puppet (I can't remember it's name for the life of me, but there's a whole segment about it dying in one of the Becoming Youtube videos) which he was using to ask various youtubers what they want for Christmas. So that's Gary as the puppet speaking in the top right panel. Sorry that wasn't more helpful, someone else might have a copy of the video? I don't remember it being that interesting though haha

Thanks a lot! It's a CheekTV video then. I'll take a wild guess and say it's from the 2009 Festive gathering, judging by his outfit. I always jump at the chance to watch baby Dan so if anyone has it saved (knowing the phandom, someone probably does) can they upload it, pretty please?
sentinel

PostPosted by charlottekath » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:28 pm

Does anyone know if Deppy have ever done any con/show appearances or panels where they took audience questions via people coming up to the mic, or have they always retained control through pre-fielded questions from fans that they/or a host read out or done preplanned things like best friend quiz?

I've just been watching a ton of other YouTubers panels and realised that having fans come up to the mic seems pretty common for lots of them but it does mean they risk losing all control over topic/content and get some really strange questions and for the life of me could not imagine Deppy taking that chance in front of a crowd.
charlottekath
crusty sponge

PostPosted by pearshaped34 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:48 pm

I can't recall them doing anything where the auidence members delivered the questions at a YT event but when the did this youtube Q&A for radio 1 charlottekath the audience are given the mic to ask their questions themselves.

And of course when they did their radio show itself a part of that was taking calls from members of the public and that was being broadcast live so they really had no control there if one of the callers decided to go off-topic and throw an unexpected (and unwelcome) question at them.
pearshaped34
procrastinator

PostPosted by melon lord » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:20 pm

Random question! I've been rewatching their old videos to get a touch of nostalgia and I've not seen ALL of them yet but I've seen this gif in the body part menagerie thread and I haven't seen this bit yet, I just can't remember where it's from and it bugs me because I remember seeing it back then but I have forgotten my deppy video trivia :(

:lights: :lights:
:lights: :lights:
melon lord
morning quiff

PreviousNext

Return to danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil