In-Depth Bants

The Dan and Phil White Whale

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!

Re: The Dan and Phil White Whale

PostPosted by pearshaped34 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:35 pm

Dan is pretending to finger Maltesers Delia as 4:22. A career highlight for him I'm sure.
pearshaped34
#relatable

PostPosted by melon lord » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:41 pm

pearshaped34 wrote:

Dan is pretending to finger Maltesers Delia as 4:22. A career highlight for him I'm sure.

Whoah it's from there? :shock: But I watched the video and never saw that part... :?

Thank you! I'm gonna sit in the corner now and question my sanity :sadgarbage:

I was so sure I've seen this video, what's wrong with me

soz for being airy fairy, living some fam drama here so I'm a bit flaky, thanks again :platonic:

EDIT: Rewatching this I am just... so much secondhand embarrassment holy cow :lol:

Also dammit why isn't the cam quality better to be nosy at the screen tabs :lol:
:lights: :lights:
:lights: :lights:
melon lord
morning quiff

Pronouns: she/her

PostPosted by charlottekath » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:43 pm

pearshaped34 wrote:

I can't recall them doing anything where the auidence members delivered the questions at a YT event but when the did this youtube Q&A for radio 1 charlottekath the audience are given the mic to ask their questions themselves.

And of course when they did their radio show itself a part of that was taking calls from members of the public and that was being broadcast live so they really had no control there if one of the callers decided to go off-topic and throw an unexpected (and unwelcome) question at them.

Thank you pearshaped34 thats exactly the sort of thing I was looking for :)

Although interestings its all been through BBC related stuff as the BBC themselves vet callers/content before anything goes through for obvious reasons, I've called in to Nick Grimshaw's show a few times and discovered that one.
charlottekath
crusty sponge

PostPosted by simmehchan » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:39 am

pearshaped34 wrote:

I can't recall them doing anything where the auidence members delivered the questions at a YT event but when the did this youtube Q&A for radio 1 charlottekath the audience are given the mic to ask their questions themselves.

And of course when they did their radio show itself a part of that was taking calls from members of the public and that was being broadcast live so they really had no control there if one of the callers decided to go off-topic and throw an unexpected (and unwelcome) question at them.

OMG I forgot this video existed and I'm in it :shock: (ginger person on the right 4 seconds in)

"I think stalking someone to become their friend is rather weird" - Phil Lester, 2006
simmehchan
drama llama

PostPosted by helvetica » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:32 am

I remember a picture of old school Phil in a tie and white button up(?) on a bed with a girl pulling at the tie on Instagram, but I can't find it anywhere. do you guys know what I'm talking about? abd what's the context?
was confetti-j
helvetica
butt chair

PostPosted by dollicious » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:50 am

sorry to answer posts so old, i just went through this thread again to see if there was unanswered ones i knew :love2:.
Sakura Selfie wrote:I vaguely remember a radio show where Phil threatened to call the police if Dan played Allstar again, does anyone know which show it was please?

this is not exactly what you said but was this perhaps what you were thinking of?
@ 38:54 "if you play smash mouth again i'm going to get the army to take you away."

Sakura Selfie wrote:https://twitter.com/phiismiling/status/742130307990757376 Does anyone know where the gif in this tweet is from please? He looks so adorable in it :love2:

the gif is from this video @ 3:35.

000dia000 wrote:Guys, I found this on tumblr:

I don't know where it came from or if it's part of Phil's lost history but I'm very curious

confetti-j wrote:I remember a picture of old school Phil in a tie and white button up(?) on a bed with a girl pulling at the tie on Instagram, but I can't find it anywhere. do you guys know what I'm talking about? abd what's the context?

confetti-j, if you remember was phil wearing the outfit from 000dia000's post (above) because i couldn't find either of them and they could be from the same time? (they may not be but he is wearing white button up, a tie, and on a bed). i'm just wondering if they are from the same time? i'm also curious about the context for both of these photos.
do you like d&p?
dollicious
spork

PostPosted by helvetica » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:53 pm

I'm pretty sure that it was a striped tie, but I could be wrong. The picture I saw was in color, and the tie was red.
was confetti-j
helvetica
butt chair

PostPosted by helvetica » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:33 pm

found it
from the comments it seems like phil was still in high school? i dunno how accurate it is tho
was confetti-j
helvetica
butt chair

PostPosted by DeadlyNova » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:32 pm

confetti-j wrote:found it
from the comments it seems like phil was still in high school? i dunno how accurate it is tho

Considering they are both wearing school uniforms and look to be in a classroom(and Phil has the haircut that we know he had during high school), I doubt it could be anything else. :lol: Don't know where it came from, though. Glad you posted it, I've never seen it until now! I love seeing pre-youtube Phil. <3

Can someone tell me where this is from?
Image I saw it on Google earlier and I don't recognize it and reverse google image search gave me nothing.
DeadlyNova
sofa crease

PostPosted by fancybum » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:44 pm

DeadlyNova wrote:Can someone tell me where this is from?
Image I saw it on Google earlier and I don't recognize it and reverse google image search gave me nothing.

It's from Phil's 2014 'Oreo lick race' vid that he privated after the whole advertising thing. Dan won so he got to draw on Phil's face.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
fancybum
angel bean

PostPosted by DeadlyNova » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:00 pm

Oooh! I thought that might be it! I forgot about that part. I have seen that video a few times but it's been at least a year since I watched it. Thanks!
DeadlyNova
sofa crease

PostPosted by Sakura Selfie » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:42 am

dollicious wrote:sorry to answer posts so old, i just went through this thread again to see if there was unanswered ones i knew :love2:.
Sakura Selfie wrote:I vaguely remember a radio show where Phil threatened to call the police if Dan played Allstar again, does anyone know which show it was please?

this is not exactly what you said but was this perhaps what you were thinking of?
@ 38:54 "if you play smash mouth again i'm going to get the army to take you away."

Sakura Selfie wrote:https://twitter.com/phiismiling/status/742130307990757376 Does anyone know where the gif in this tweet is from please? He looks so adorable in it :love2:

the gif is from this video @ 3:35.

000dia000 wrote:Guys, I found this on tumblr:

I don't know where it came from or if it's part of Phil's lost history but I'm very curious

confetti-j wrote:I remember a picture of old school Phil in a tie and white button up(?) on a bed with a girl pulling at the tie on Instagram, but I can't find it anywhere. do you guys know what I'm talking about? abd what's the context?

confetti-j, if you remember was phil wearing the outfit from 000dia000's post (above) because i couldn't find either of them and they could be from the same time? (they may not be but he is wearing white button up, a tie, and on a bed). i'm just wondering if they are from the same time? i'm also curious about the context for both of these photos.

Dollicious thank you so much!
Sakura Selfie
cheeky #spon

PostPosted by malday » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:08 pm

Did Grace Helbig ever interview D&P for a convention or award show or something in the US? i don't remember where i read it was an awkward interview, but maybe i'm mistaken.
malday
morning quiff

PostPosted by Catallena » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:18 pm

malday wrote:Did Grace Helbig ever interview D&P for a convention or award show or something in the US? i don't remember where i read it was an awkward interview, but maybe i'm mistaken.

Grace did a red carpet interview with them during YouTube Comedy Week in LA, I think that's all for interviews. And yeah.. you could say that it's a bit awkward :')

Stan is only one letter away from Satan.
Catallena
butterglutton

PostPosted by malday » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:39 am

Catallena wrote:
Grace did a red carpet interview with them during YouTube Comedy Week in LA, I think that's all for interviews. And yeah.. you could say that it's a bit awkward :')

Thanks!
malday
morning quiff

PostPosted by lurker » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:50 pm

i don't know where this is coming from all of a sudden (my brain works in mysterious ways), but where is the "wet you just look like a poodle" part in dan's diss track taken from? can anyone help me out? here's a link for reference. thanks!
lurker
hobbit hair

Pronouns: they/them

PostPosted by Maya » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:07 pm

lurker wrote:i don't know where this is coming from all of a sudden (my brain works in mysterious ways), but where is the "wet you just look like a poodle" part in dan's diss track taken from? can anyone help me out? here's a link for reference. thanks!

From The Dan and Phil 3D AUDIO EXPERIENCE (Audiobook Trailer!) - 05:52
If you haven't watched it yet, watch it from the beginning because it's amazing.
:crystalball:
Maya
living flop

PostPosted by lurker » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:10 pm

Maya wrote:
lurker wrote:i don't know where this is coming from all of a sudden (my brain works in mysterious ways), but where is the "wet you just look like a poodle" part in dan's diss track taken from? can anyone help me out? here's a link for reference. thanks!

If you haven't watched it yet, watch it from the beginning because is amazing.

that was quick, thanks a lot!
wow i actually never watched this before, i remember the description said to watch with headphones and my headphones were broken (+ i procrastinated buying new ones for a month) and then i forgot. this is like an unexpected present from the universe.
lurker
hobbit hair

PostPosted by Maya » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:24 pm

lurker wrote:
Maya wrote:

wow i actually never watched this before, i remember the description said to watch with headphones and my headphones were broken (+ i procrastinated buying new ones for a month) and then i forgot. this is like an unexpected present from the universe.

You're welcome :thanks:
And definitely is more enjoyable with headphones. Have a great time! :bigthumbsup:
:crystalball:
Maya
living flop

PostPosted by lurker » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:04 pm

Maya wrote:
lurker wrote:
Maya wrote:

You're welcome :thanks:
And definitely is more enjoyable with headphones. Have a great time! :bigthumbsup:

thanks, i definitely had! what a great way to end my day, it made me laugh out loud several times.
lurker
hobbit hair

PostPosted by iggy » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:30 pm

you know that one picture that a fan got with them the day after dan's birthday sex birthday in vegas
iggy
squish

PostPosted by dannonfill » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:00 pm

iggy wrote:you know that one picture that a fan got with them the day after dan's birthday sex birthday in vegas

lol, do you mean this one?
... let's talk about house plants. :ghost:
dannonfill
spork

PostPosted by blu » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:34 pm

i don't know if this is the thread for it, but in an instagram post about dan and phil crying, and it mentioned a video where phil was crying. has anyone ever heard of such a video?
blu
senpai

PostPosted by hiddenwombat » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:42 pm

blu wrote:i don't know if this is the thread for it, but in an instagram post about dan and phil crying, and it mentioned a video where phil was crying. has anyone ever heard of such a video?
what's the post?

the only video i know of where phil looks like he's shed a tear is this one from when he facetimes into the radio show.

(but its low qual so is he crying or just rubbing his face who knowssss)
hiddenwombat
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

PostPosted by MoonPride » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:34 am

dannonfill wrote:
iggy wrote:you know that one picture that a fan got with them the day after dan's birthday sex birthday in vegas

lol, do you mean this one?

Phil looks exhausted :rofl:
MoonPride
ar·tic·u·late

PreviousNext

Return to Daniel Howell & AmazingPhil