In-Depth Bants

The Dan and Phil White Whale

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!

The Dan and Phil White Whale

PostPosted by 000dia000 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:53 am

A thread where you can leave short clips, gifs or pictures of anything Dan and Phil related where other users can help you find the source.
000dia000
blobfish

Re: The Dan and Phil White Whale

PostPosted by 000dia000 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:05 am

A "White Whale" is something you've been searching years to find but with no luck
I had the idea from subreddit where people try to find something they can't name or place:
/r/tipofmytongue
Or from the question I got the thread title from:
http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/3862j5/whats_your_internet_white_whale_something_youve/
Some places on reddit may be NSFW, I don't want to accidentally link anything that's against any rules :shrug: However I thought it might be worthwhile to check out for anyone who wanted to ask a specific question non related to the thread or just check it out :bigthumbsup: there is no Dan or Phil discussion on Reddit so it is not worthwhile to even go to their subreddits
000dia000
blobfish

PostPosted by Catallena » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:05 am

From the main thread:

Ticia wrote:While we wait for a LS announcement :pls:, can anyone tell if this is photoshopped or not, and if not, where does it come from?

It's real, it's from a dinner Tyler Oakley had at Playlist to celebrate his birthday in 2013 (if I remember correctly).

Original photo was by Hannah Hart I think (she featured at least). Original:

Stan is only one letter away from Satan.
Catallena
butterglutton

PostPosted by Ticia » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:08 am

Wow that was fast! Thank you Catallena :platonic: I kind of doubted it was real because they seem very chill and drunk :lol:
Ticia
haru pillow

Pronouns: her / she

PostPosted by hunnyftw » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:17 am

Ticia wrote:Wow that was fast! Thank you Catallena :platonic: I kind of doubted it was real because they seem very chill and drunk :lol:

If the striked part is true, and I'm definitely not implying that it is lol, then I think what I need in my life right now is about 100 pictures and 20 videos of drunk!Phil. He looks like a supermodel here :philtrash:
hunnyftw
hobbit hair

PostPosted by LurkingTrash » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:21 am

hunnyftw wrote:
Ticia wrote:Wow that was fast! Thank you Catallena :platonic: I kind of doubted it was real because they seem very chill and drunk :lol:

If the striked part is true, and I'm definitely not implying that it is lol, then I think what I need in my life right now is about 100 pictures and 20 videos of drunk!Phil. He looks like a supermodel here :philtrash:

I had no idea that ever happened so I of course scrolled down her insta to get to the original

link: https://www.instagram.com/p/XL4uDZRTAf/?taken-by=harto
caption: Pouty mouth 9000 @amazingphil @danisnotonfire

I've been thinking for years now how I would like for these 3 to collab. This photo made me very happy
edit: Phil really does look like a supermodel, wow :garbage:
LurkingTrash
#relatable

Pronouns: She/Her

PostPosted by Catallena » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:53 pm

Just because I can, here's a photo of :D&P: with Tyler, Jack and Finn (damn remember when they were relevant? for like... a year.) taken on that same night. Phil really does look great :bigthumbsup:

cr. https://twitter.com/tyleroakley/status/315269056355790848
Catallena
butterglutton

PostPosted by NarrysCanary » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:56 pm

Catallena wrote:Just because I can, here's a photo of :D&P: with Tyler, Jack and Finn (damn remember when they were relevant? for like... a year.) taken on that same night. Phil really does look great :bigthumbsup:

cr. https://twitter.com/tyleroakley/status/315269056355790848

I've never seen this picture before and Phil does look great ...He looks natural ? I like it :bigthumbsup:
NarrysCanary
morning quiff

Pronouns: she/her

PostPosted by brq » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:32 am

Can someone explain to me the whole 'angry phil DM' thing? I wasn't on twitter when this went down and I can't find anything explaining it :(
you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think
brq
smol bean

PostPosted by backin09 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:58 pm

brq wrote:Can someone explain to me the whole 'angry phil DM' thing? I wasn't on twitter when this went down and I can't find anything explaining it :(

I think it started a few weeks before the book was released, a person got the book early and posted pictures of it and Phil sent them a DM on Twitter telling the person not to spoil the book. It's become an inside joke i don't wanna say meme to get an 'angry DM' from Phil when someone does something that Phil wouldn't like. :happytyper: <- phil writing those dm's
I hope this explains it for you :ribena:
I'm really tired, so if this doesn't make sense I blame my tiredness

without the internet, we never would have met
backin09
living flop

PostPosted by Ticia » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:00 pm

backin2009 wrote:
brq wrote:Can someone explain to me the whole 'angry phil DM' thing? I wasn't on twitter when this went down and I can't find anything explaining it :(

I think it started a few weeks before the book was released, a person got the book early and posted pictures of it and Phil sent them a DM on Twitter telling the person not to spoil the book. It's become an inside joke i don't wanna say meme to get an 'angry DM' from Phil when someone does something that Phil wouldn't like. :happytyper: <- phil writing those dm's

Off-Topic :
How could anyone get an early copy of the book? Like an editor's son/daughter? :shrug:
Ticia
haru pillow

Pronouns: her / she

PostPosted by Winston » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:09 pm

Ticia wrote:
backin2009 wrote:

Off-Topic :
How could anyone get an early copy of the book? Like an editor's son/daughter? :shrug:

Librarians and book sellers and get advanced copies. I got all the harry potter books as advance first edition copies. I had those read by the time kids were lined up at book stores. :D
actions speak louder than words
Winston
blobfish

PostPosted by mez29 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:49 pm

Did I recently hear an anecdote about Phil signing his name ‘Ovum’, or was it a dream?
mez29
hobbit hair

PostPosted by sweetmm » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:04 pm

Winston wrote:
Ticia wrote:
backin2009 wrote:

Off-Topic :

Librarians and book sellers and get advanced copies. I got all the harry potter books as advance first edition copies. I had those read by the time kids were lined up at book stores. :D

If my memory serves me right, some of the bookstores in Europe where the fans ordered from, shipped it to them earlier than the official release date.
sweetmm
angel bean

Pronouns: She/Her

PostPosted by confusedpanda » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:15 pm

does anyone know where this is from? Was this for an apartment red video or something?
confusedpanda
hobbit hair

Pronouns: Her/she

PostPosted by Rusty » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:28 pm

confusedpanda wrote: does anyone know where this is from? Was this for an apartment red video or something?

It's somewhere around here:
Rusty
squish

PostPosted by confusedpanda » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:41 pm

Rusty wrote:
confusedpanda wrote: does anyone know where this is from? Was this for an apartment red video or something?

It's somewhere around here:

Thank you so much for finding this! :D :love1: This whole video truly did feel like a predecessor to Dan's whole nicer internet thing he did with radio one last year.
confusedpanda
hobbit hair

Pronouns: Her/she

PostPosted by 000dia000 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:09 am

Guys, I found this on tumblr:
I don't know where it came from or if it's part of Phil's lost history but I'm very curious
000dia000
blobfish

PostPosted by Susannah » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:34 pm

I've never seen this pic before and don't remember it from Japhan (admittedly, my memory is hazy). Real or a manip? It kinda looks like there was someone standing in between them who has been cut out.

(formerly known as mysterylovescompany)

Susannah
procrastinator

PostPosted by Catallena » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:02 pm

mysterylovescompany wrote:I've never seen this pic before and don't remember it from Japhan (admittedly, my memory is hazy). Real or a manip? It kinda looks like there was someone standing in between them who has been cut out.

Yeah that's a manip. No idea about the original pic, but I assume there's a fan standing in between them considering the standard meet & greet expressions they have on their faces.
Catallena
butterglutton

PostPosted by Reizam » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:10 pm

I have a white whale...

I've seen a few mentions here and elsewhere that Phil took Dan to his high school reunion, but when I tried looking it up I only found a few tweets from Phil, and they never mentioned anything about Dan being there... is there actually proof of this or is it merely speculation? If people sherlocked their way into finding out, how did they come to this conclusion?
Reizam
spork

PostPosted by time-will-tell » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:48 pm

Reizam wrote:I have a white whale...

I've seen a few mentions here and elsewhere that Phil took Dan to his high school reunion, but when I tried looking it up I only found a few tweets from Phil, and they never mentioned anything about Dan being there... is there actually proof of this or is it merely speculation? If people sherlocked their way into finding out, how did they come to this conclusion?

We found Dan went with Phil because a girl posted a photo with them at a restaurant up in Manchester. But the girl took it down because it got too much attention that she didn't want. Phil mentioned Dan going with him in a live show as well, basically confirming it.
he mentions dan briefly around 0:30 when talking about the train story. Also again at 0:56 when someone asked about it.
time-will-tell
banned

PostPosted by Reizam » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:56 pm

time-will-tell wrote:
Reizam wrote:I have a white whale...

We found Dan went with Phil because a girl posted a photo with them at a restaurant up in Manchester. But the girl took it down because it got too much attention that she didn't want. Phil mentioned Dan going with him in a live show as well, basically confirming it.
he mentions dan briefly around 0:30 when talking about the train story. Also again at 0:56 when someone asked about it.

Hey thanks! That pretty much solves it right there eh? :lol:
Reizam
spork

PostPosted by ritalingunner » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:02 pm

Image found this. not sure how, not sure why. anyone know what it is or has the non blurry version?
ritalingunner
first-time poster

PostPosted by Sakura Selfie » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:30 am

I vaguely remember a radio show where Phil threatened to call the police if Dan played Allstar again, does anyone know which show it was please?
Sakura Selfie
cheeky #spon

Next

Return to danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil