web
analytics

In-Depth Bants

PewDiePie

Re: PewDiePie

PostPosted by malday » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:29 pm

LOL #PewdiepieIsOverParty is trending but it's being hijacked by K-pop fans and i even saw a #getPhilto4milion in there :rofl:
malday
long-time wanker

PostPosted by pilotlight » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:51 pm

I was kinda liking his no-fucks-given shtick lately (what I've seen of it), but the racist stuff is just :facepalm:. It's embarrassing, especially because he knows better. He reminds me of those kids that suck up to the school bullies and join in on being ~jaded and mean~ because they think they're cool. It's a phase I would have expected him to grow out of a decade ago. There are so many interesting creators that share the same platform as him, and he wants to buddy up to the edgelords. :?
:lion:
pilotlight
cheeky #spon

Pronouns: he/him

PostPosted by Catallena » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:18 pm

Yikes, gross. I once had hopes that he had left the offensive douchebag shit behind but apparently not.. idc how nice he can be, if he thinks this funny he can go fuck himself. :sideeye:

malday wrote:LOL #PewdiepieIsOverParty is trending but it's being hijacked by K-pop fans and i even saw a #getPhilto4milion in there :rofl:

Kpop fandoms hijacks all the #IsOver parties these days, it's the only thing they'll ever unite in. The phandom needs more obnoxious Twitter stans to compete. :lol:
Stan is only one letter away from Satan.
Catallena
cat whiskers

PostPosted by random » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:34 pm

I always hesitate while criticizing pewdiepie, because it gives you hate. But honestly, I have been slowly getting more and more fed up with him. Honestly, if any other youtuber (like markiplier) said half of what he said, imagine the amount of shit they would get. He gets a free pass from most youtubers, especially for stuff like clickbait and 'edgy' humor. I mean, I remember a video from earlier this year when he talked about how he stopped saying the word 'retarded' because he recognized it's bad. Like, is this his midlife youtube crisis? I genuinely liked 2015 pewdiepie. I'm over him.

I liked his walking dead let's play recently. Ugh. This filthy frank persona thing isn't funny anymore.
EDIT: I just checked out the hashtag, most people don't seem to care. Like, they mostly seem to support him.
random
squish

PostPosted by Skylar » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:02 pm

Honestly I think it's hilarious how he gives no fucks about offending anyone and has offensive humor. My humor is offensive so I find his hilarious to be honest. I'm not offended.

"this isn't a forever home."
Skylar
hobbit hair

Pronouns: they/their/them

PostPosted by Lain » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:41 pm

Skylar wrote:Honestly I think it's hilarious how he gives no fucks about offending anyone and has offensive humor. My humor is offensive so I find his hilarious to be honest. I'm not offended.

Phew! Racial slurs did not offend above user. Dodged that bullet.

Really, though. I'm a bit disgruntled, tbh. I wanted to like Felix. :sideeye:
Lain
hobbit hair

Pronouns: she/her

PostPosted by CallMeAyana » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:16 am

...He should just get another branding. FF and iDubbbz are on a different league lol. Soon, he'll be making those 1000 Degree Knife cutting videos or something... :sideeye:
CallMeAyana
cheeky #spon

Pronouns: Phan Trash

PostPosted by Skeletorsrighthand » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:45 pm

thoughts ?
How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.
Skeletorsrighthand
living flop

PostPosted by mio » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:51 am

I've been out of the loop since the holidays, which video was the racism controversy about?

I liked the forced positivity video. I think he's good when he doesn't try to imitate other people or be offensive for views, but is honest instead (like the time he quit his LA vlogs or the youtube stats video) because he has interesting personal opinions that most other youtubers would not dare to talk about in fear of their clear-cut image.

Then again he pulls stuff like using slurs or being ignorant and I'm just like... why... can. you. just.not. :facepalm:
I just want to watch your videos bc I like them, without fear of being slapped in the face with fuckboi bullshit out of nowhere every now and then.
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
mio
#relatable

PostPosted by papierklemmen » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:46 am

I liked his video on Forced Positivity, but not all of it. I feel like he lost his point somewhere in the middle where he started talking about teens wanting to watch positive people on Youtube because being a teenager is hard and he understands it but, according to him, it's not right? Because forced positivity for views? Like, I get what he was trying to say, most demotivational stuff might be bullshit, a lot of youtubers are putting on positive attitude for views etc. but I think he got lost a bit and he didn't make a proper comparison. Even if we make a comparison to other gamers, am I wrong if I want to watch a more upbeat letsplay or a letsplay of someone who enjoyed the game? IDK... I'm not going to know someone forced it for views.
The part about him personally forcing positive attitude and how it was affecting him/his health and people not understanding that it wasn't his real self and demanding it from him now was good and understandable though.

Anyway, his racist antics are just... No comment.
papierklemmen
flower crown

PostPosted by Katka » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:39 pm

Oh man, gross. :roll: I'm so over him. I don't see how this has anything to do with being "edgy" or "offensive" to be honest. This kind of behaviour and "humour" isn't offensive, it's hurtful. Basing your brand of humour on racism or homophobia doesn't make you a cool edgy guy, it makes you a gross human being with about as much empathy as a loaf of bread. I really thought he had understood that much but I guess not. These days he's worse than Shane Dawson... I mean, let's be honest. He's another straight white guy getting away with hurting people less privileged than him in the name of humour and "satire". What a hero.
(used to be Birdie)
Katka
cheeky #spon

PostPosted by malday » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:14 pm

about forced positivity: what he doesn't get is that youtube is entertainment like any other, people watch it to escape the stress in their lives, of course they want feel-good stuff.

now that he's financially secure he can be as assholish as he wants in his videos.
malday
long-time wanker

PostPosted by mio » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:31 am

This is OT and really late but I just watched this video from Nathan:

..and realized that Felix's "Youtube drama part 2" is pretty much an exact copy of this?
Wtf? I think this video was only briefly discussed here bc he mentions Deppy, and I always found it funny, but now I'm really sour about it.
just thought I'd mention it, in case anybody needed another reason to dislike him.... :sideeye:

~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
mio
#relatable

PostPosted by malday » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:20 pm

Goddamit pewds!
He ran out of ideas a long time ago, but so has the rest of youtube. You can thank the algorithm for the creative burnout and unoriginality.

In his new vid he pulled another edgy joke, an ethnic one, but kind of backtracked on it this time.

You'd think he could afford some writers and produce some quality sketches instead of this.

I commend Ryan Higa for still being original, though he's probably not making nearly as much.
malday
long-time wanker

PostPosted by malday » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:29 pm

Well, he made the news again
Pewdiepie in Anti-Semitic storm after paying men to unveil sign stating ‘death to all Jews’ hits YouTube

And he got those guys, who probably lived in a 3rd world country and did this to earn a living, suspended from the site.
malday
long-time wanker

PostPosted by captainspacecoat » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:06 pm

malday wrote:Well, he made the news again
Pewdiepie in Anti-Semitic storm after paying men to unveil sign stating ‘death to all Jews’ hits YouTube

And he got those guys, who probably lived in a 3rd world country and did this to earn a living, suspended from the site.

what ... the actual fuck. how can he then go on to say he's not anti-semitic? even if he was "joking", it's not funny at all and that doesn't erase the fact that what he said was horrifically anti-semitic. god i hope people finally pay attention to how racist he is, but knowing the way other incidents have gone (e.g. his use of the n word recently) people will forget about it or act like it wasn't that bad and he'll be able to move on
captainspacecoat
hobbit hair

PostPosted by Catallena » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:12 pm

malday wrote:Well, he made the news again

Ugh, I will sideeye the shit out of everyone who still genuinely likes him at this point. Seriously, you can't possibly not be a shit human being and condone this shit.
Catallena
cat whiskers

PostPosted by silverwinter » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:52 pm

if this is him dropping his fake positive act and unveiling his true self, then yeah, he's been a piece of shit all along.

honestly more youtubers should drop their fake positivity shtick if it means the pieces of shit of this community would be exposed for who they really are
silverwinter
spork

PostPosted by malday » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:04 pm

this guy is his editor.

I'm starting to think Felix has gotten his ass kissed too much. He needs someone around him to feed him some humble pie.
malday
long-time wanker

PostPosted by captainspacecoat » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:31 pm

malday wrote:
this guy is his editor.

I'm starting to think Felix has gotten his ass kissed too much. He needs someone around him to feed him some humble pie.

ugh how disappointing - i used to watch brad's channel WOTO back in the day, he and the other guy who presented it (liam) were quite funny. i have no time for anyone defending this though, how awful
captainspacecoat
hobbit hair

PostPosted by ismelindsey » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:19 am

It literally disgusts me how popular Pewdiepie is. His rape jokes, racist jokes, homophobic jokes (he hasnt said it in a while i think but he used to say f*ggot a lot and never apoligised), he says r*tarded a lot (which effects me a lot as I am autistic and get called that very often).
I get pissed off when I see him on youtubers I watch channels, especially when they seem to be kind, well educated people *cough* deppy *cough*.
Idk I wish his channel would just die.
The neighbors are gonna call the police again- Phil Lester 2k16
https://twitter.com/LindseyGOffical
ismelindsey
tol bean

Pronouns: they/them

PostPosted by 000dia000 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:40 am

Unfortunately though, this kind of behavior is common now so he'll gain a lot of subscribers that will be like "omg stop overreacting" so there's no point really. I go through periods of subscribing and unsubbing from Pewdiepie, now's the time to put it to pasture :thumb:

I just watched the thing, weren't those guys on the Five dollar account and Phil showed in his video? They're not out of work apparently? wtf?
000dia000
flower crown

PostPosted by Catallena » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:58 am

silverwinter wrote:honestly more youtubers should drop their fake positivity shtick if it means the pieces of shit of this community would be exposed for who they really are

I feel like 2017 is gonna be the year where so many celebs are gonna be exposed for the pieces of shit they really are and I'm here for it. And if dropping 'false positivity' is gonna be what exposes all the YouTubers, let it happen. The sad thing is, it will hardly matter for their careers. Even plenty of the sexual abuser still haven't disappeared from YouTube...

malday wrote:
this guy is his editor.

What a fucking dick, I hope his channel flops even more than it already has. The other guy already left anyway. It's definitely a problem that none of his peers ever seem to call Felix out, they just let him get away with shit because of his endless YouTube reign. See also: smosh.

ismelindsey wrote:It literally disgusts me how popular Pewdiepie is. His rape jokes, racist jokes, homophobic jokes (he hasnt said it in a while i think but he used to say f*ggot a lot and never apoligised), he says r*tarded a lot (which effects me a lot as I am autistic and get called that very often).
I get pissed off when I see him on youtubers I watch channels, especially when they seem to be kind, well educated people *cough* deppy *cough*.
Idk I wish his channel would just die.

He kinda seemed to mellow out after a while and I guess that made a lot of people think (including me) that he wasn't so bad after all and had learned his lesson, but obviously he's still a pos after all soooo..

I'm gonna need D&P to stop associating with Felix asap. And I'm really watching PJ from now on, ready to cancel him as well..
Catallena
cat whiskers

PostPosted by mio » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:01 am

Wow. I guess you could say all the other shit he has pulled was problematic but disputable, but THIS?
I don't understand how anybody with a working brain could think this would pass as some kind of joke, large audience or not.

How ignorant and up teenage-boys-on-4chan's ass can you even be. I thought we moved on since 2007, but apparantly not.

(I continued writing a rant here but realized it would fit better into the sociopolitical threat, so I'll post it there. Anybody who'd like to discuss the whole emipre/post-empire bs with me is welcome)
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
mio
#relatable

PostPosted by malday » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:16 am

@000dia000
Yes it's the same website that Phil used for his "OUR PAST LIFE ANIMALS! - The $5 Internet Experiment" video.
Except Phil was respectful, never mocked or ruined anyone's business.
Felix went in to mock, troll, and got those guys suspended.

malday
long-time wanker

PreviousNext

Return to Other Youtubers