In-Depth Bants

RuPaul's Drag Race Thread

RuPaul's Drag Race Thread

PostPosted by akui » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:05 pm

Hello gorgeous beasts, the drag race has always been a popular topic in the tv show thread, now it's back with the new season, i thought maybe it deserves its own thread.

So chat away bitches, and remember, if you can’t love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?

akui
blobfish

Pronouns: She/Her

Re: RuPaul's Drag Race Thread

PostPosted by hiddenwombat » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:05 am

can i get an amen
hiddenwombat
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

PostPosted by 000dia000 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:42 am

Okay, this seems pretty dead and I was going to make an enthusiastic post episodes ago but I forgot, better late than never... It's kind of late to say this but:
Sad that Adore left :sadgarbage:

I'm kind of hoping for Alyssa (she really grew on me) or Alaska to win
people really hate Alaska after the last episode and she sent Tatianna home, idk if it's an overreaction but I agree that I'm kind of sick that Roxxy seems to have been in the bottom for the last few weeks now, I could say the same about Katya but she's an unmovable fan favorite no matter what she does
000dia000
stress mushroom

PostPosted by eevee » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:02 am

Most recent ep spoiler

Everyone seems to be upset that roxxy is still there and super over it, me included lol. I really wanted Alaska to go home because she was being SUCH a brat!! "I need to make final 4. I need to." Like wining and crying and being a little bitch about it. Everyone seems to think that she's going to win but I'm really hoping she doesn't, I'm #TeamKatya !!! I really like Katya she's adorbs :garbage: I would also be happy with Detox winning. Alaska lost major points with me tho so I no longer support her lol.
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
eevee
angel bean

Pronouns: She/her

PostPosted by 000dia000 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:12 am

eevee wrote:Most recent ep spoiler

Everyone seems to be upset that roxxy is still there and super over it, me included lol. I really wanted Alaska to go home because she was being SUCH a brat!! "I need to make final 4. I need to." Like wining and crying and being a little bitch about it. Everyone seems to think that she's going to win but I'm really hoping she doesn't, I'm #TeamKatya !!! I really like Katya she's adorbs :garbage: I would also be happy with Detox winning. Alaska lost major points with me tho so I no longer support her lol.

I'm the exact same:
I'm disgusted Alyssa has gone home, she was my favorite Queen and despite all the fucking bullshit of Rolaskatox she was too gracious for them
It's weird how Alaska went from one of my favorites to suddenly one of the worst, how did one of the most commonly liked queen become such a villain in the space of a week? wtf?
Seriously judging Detox, dont even want her to win at this point, at all, and I doubted Roxxy's ability to get this far after being in the bottom for so.long.
Nothing is scared anymore, except for Katya, who must win :stan:
000dia000
stress mushroom

PostPosted by NarrysCanary » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:26 am

000dia000 wrote:
eevee wrote:Most recent ep spoiler

I'm the exact same:
I'm disgusted Alyssa has gone home, she was my favorite Queen and despite all the fucking bullshit of Rolaskatox she was too gracious for them
It's weird how Alaska went from one of my favorites to suddenly one of the worst, how did one of the most commonly liked queen become such a villain in the space of a week? wtf?
Seriously judging Detox, dont even want her to win at this point, at all, and I doubted Roxxy's ability to get this far after being in the bottom for so.long.
Nothing is scared anymore, except for Katya, who must win :stan:

I agree with the both of you. And that gif makes me laugh, it's so fitting to the competition right now :lol:. I didn't like how Alaska reacted to being in the bottom 3 at all but I guess it's a good thing that she ended up there cause she was getting a bit too confident in my opinion and too much confidence is never a good thing. As the both of you I'm gutted that Alyssa was eliminated and not Roxxxy who's been saved by Detox and Alaska way too many times. I didn't know for who I was rooting for at the beginning but now I know that I want Katya to win.
NarrysCanary
morning quiff

Pronouns: she/her

PostPosted by 000dia000 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:28 am

For context on the public vote so far, I stole this from reddit:

Also I'm loving this Roxxy meme on reddit at the moment:
They won't let her go home and she's trapped :rofl:
AND
*7 weeks after finishing filming series finale*
000dia000
stress mushroom

PostPosted by eevee » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:18 pm

000dia000 wrote:For context on the public vote so far, I stole this from reddit:

Also I'm loving this Roxxy meme on reddit at the moment:
They won't let her go home and she's trapped :rofl:
AND
*7 weeks after finishing filming series finale*

SPOILER: Oh wow, I'm surprised so many people are #TeamKatya !! When the show started, it seemed like everyone was team alaska, or just thought alaska was going to win and accepted it, i don't think people thought katya would get this far and are now totally behind her because she'd fuckin awwwweeeeeeesome. also I thought detox was more popular so thats interesting. oh well!

and yeah the roxxy memes are hilarious hahaha. she basically wanted to go home im surprised her friends werent sending her home as a favor :lol:
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
eevee
angel bean

Pronouns: She/her

PostPosted by akui » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:17 pm

Dat adore's face lol

I'm totally #teamkatya as well, she is insanely talented and deserves to win in season 7(?), much more deserving than whoever won that season (who?), i think a lot of people cheering for her for the same reason. Also Katya is relatively new, queens like alaska or detox are beloved yes, but they didn't necessarily bringing anything new to the table.

That being said
i don't think the result is unfair or anything, alaska is good and she deserves it, i'm happy for her.

Also yes, detox was being a coward for eliminating
alyssa, the only reason she does that is that she know alissa is nice and she can handle it, roxxy does not deserve to be at final 4 at all. She got this far only because she's friends with detox and alaska and they kept saving her ass. Imo tatianna should be in final 4 not roxxy.
akui
blobfish

Pronouns: She/Her

PostPosted by 000dia000 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:54 am

Finally got around to watching the finale and I can say is:
no surprise Alaska won. People were right with their predictions. Sure Alaska is now "in the hall of fame" but at what cost? Her popularity is gone everybody sees her as a whiny child now :/ I hate Rolskatox, let it burn in hell <3
000dia000
stress mushroom

PostPosted by manged » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:26 pm

Oh I forgot about this thread.

I enjoyed this season over all. They genuinely casted the most memorable queens from the past seasons. The Phi Phi drama was hilarious, especially with how it played out on social media while the episodes aired. I'm glad Tatianna came back to TV, got her shine, and introduced herself to the Drag Race noobies out there. But I really wished she could've made it to top 4, even more than I wish Alyssa would've replaced a Final queen (and that's coming from a huge Alyssa lover as well).

But yes, I was also #TeamKatya. I was during her RPDR season as well. She won people over by being endearing and hilarious out of drag, and bringing a certain quirkiness that even Alaska lacks. Alaska had already earned her status as an iconic Drag Race queen and performed spectacularly during most challenges, so technically she deserved the win, but dammit, Ru shoulda just switched it up on us and given the crown to Katya anyway.
manged
sad dimple

Pronouns: sir bantsalot

PostPosted by thephandommenace » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:45 pm

Excited for season 9? :D

Based on the Colour Splash promo and Meet the Queen introduction videos, plus a couple of audition tape segments I saw on Twitter, I think the strongest contenders in the competition will probably be
Sasha Valour, Nina Bonina Brown, Alexis Michelle and Valentina.

I'm also very attracted to
Farrah Moan and Kimora Blac :love2:
Danakin Skywalker
:philtrash: :sparkle: :sparkle: :sparkle: :philtrash:
thephandommenace
delia smith’s placenta

Pronouns: blobfish

PostPosted by thephandommenace » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:52 pm

Start your engines :ribena:
Danakin Skywalker
:philtrash: :sparkle: :sparkle: :sparkle: :philtrash: