web
analytics

In-Depth Bants

Louise Pentland

Re: Louise Pentland

PostPosted by mez29 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:40 am

syzygy, agreed.

human wrote:I found the use of "our" and "we" so deliberate, so much so that it just stuck out like a sore thumb for me. No harm in co-writing or ghostwriting if you're a new writer and all that, it's just the dishonesty that bothers me. So I hope going forwards Louise explains the process and doesn't take all the credit like Zoe has done.


Interesting, I thought that she was just using "our" and "we" to make the audience feel included, it certainly didn't stick out as odd to me. It would be weirder to say "what I'm going to do is tell you about my beautiful hero", imo.

(although I wouldn't be surprised if it's ghostwritten. But please be transparent about it, Louise.)
mez29
hobbit hair
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:33 am

Re: Louise Pentland

PostPosted by human » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:59 am

If she's writing the book alone then it is "my hero", that doesn't strike me as odd or suspicious at all. I'll be disappointed if she's going the dishonest route.
"I would rather disown all of you as a friend, than continue this moment"
User avatar
human
dan hand trash
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:07 am

Re: Louise Pentland

PostPosted by flarequake » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:17 am

human wrote:Honestly, I can understand how new writers struggling to get published feel because they have to take a complete first draft to a publisher and plead it to be taken on, and YouTubers can presumably just pitch an idea and get a book deal settled in their lap.


Yeah, I've been trying to get back to writing for ages now, having 20k words I mostly don't like and also working on it more when I was younger and less discouraged or easily distracted, it's been a while. It's still my dream as it was when I began aged 12, I try to take a step back and respect people for actually making things happen, but still a bit :sideeye: every time despite not actually having finished a first draft yet. There are so many authors and now with free books on Kindle, reading the start of one I see why they're free, but then a lot of traditionally-published stuff seems hit and miss depending on what you like. I was having a vent at the tv earlier cos yet again NCIS LA is the most generic and sexist writing I've heard anywhere professional.

I got the impression she is writing it herself, though. Did :roll: at the "pre-order now" which is perhaps unfair as I did with Tabinof knowing I'd like it, but fiction is more subjective. Let it be finished so we can see how the actual text starts, at least. I used to read a lot of chick-lit, Sophie Kinsella and Marian Keyes are good and there are some gems among the fluff (I loved Cecelia Aherne's If You Could See Me Now). I imagine Louise has some interesting ideas up her sleeve, I'm hopeful it'll be good.

Self-insertion especially in a debut novel is pretty standard, they're often quite autobiographical.
:instinct:
User avatar
flarequake
illuminati
 
Posts: 802
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:55 pm
Location: London, UK
Pronouns: She/her

Re: Louise Pentland

PostPosted by SquishPhan » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:08 pm

I'm not really sure how to feel about Louise writing her own book yet. It is a bit annoying that all these celebs are just getting a book deal, but it is also nothing new.
If she is getting help though, I hope she will mention it and make it clear.
User avatar
SquishPhan
cinnamon roll sunshine too pure for this world
 
Posts: 2162
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:18 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Louise Pentland

PostPosted by pearshaped34 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:50 pm

I wonder if the book and the re-branding are connected... I mean I don't expect it will be the next 50 shades of grey but I do find it interesting she's announcing a book just weeks after trying to give herself a more "adult" image.

As for whether it's ghost written I'd assume after the Zoella scandal if she's not writing it herself she won't be dumb enough to pretend it's entirely her work at the very least she'll be publicly stating it as "co-written".
pearshaped34
#relatable
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:42 am

Re: Louise Pentland

PostPosted by melon lord » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:32 pm

I find Louise funny and the type of person who would grab the shy wallflower and help them socialise. However she's Gleam and big so I'm wary of her actions when it comes to Youtube.

Massive rant about books and youtubers

Her book, ugh. Look, I get it. It's fun to come up with stories. But there's a difference in writing something on your computer on Word for the fun of it, and when you literally get a publisher, a ghostwriter, marketer, artist, and millions of fans already ready for you. I know this sounds whiny but it's just not fair. Someone commented in the video pointing out how self-inserty the book is and her reply was like "I can't wait to read your novel that comes out next summer! xx" or something of the sort and it rubbed me the wrong way so much that I almost defied gravity.

How do you know what this commenter does? Do you know if they write? Or if they've spent hours and hours and read hundreds of books and stayed up all night draft editing or rewriting chapters or planning character arcs or attending seminars? Do you even care?

That's my problem. These Youtubers that do fiction (carrie/zoe/louise etc) don't care. I don't compare TABINOF because it's never stated to be a work of fiction. Storytelling and doing it well is a form of art and one you spend so much time honing and improving on. It's not just a side hobby that gets you tons of cash for you to flaunt. Do they not have any appreciation for the effort and sweat that goes into actually writing a book? Not even from the perspective of accomplished authors, but from people desperately trying to push their draft to a publisher? Do they not have understanding of their incredebly advantaged position and instead of writing their own should maybe create a program to promote ACTUAL authors?

Writing is not *just* something you do in your spare time when you have a ghost writer for you and a team to do the hard work. Like, I almost feel personally offended by the behaviour of these people.
:lights: :lights:
Image
:lights: :lights:
melon lord
morning quiff
 
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:47 am
Location: post-baking universe
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Louise Pentland

PostPosted by nephilimcat » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:55 am

melon lord wrote:
Her book, ugh. Look, I get it. It's fun to come up with stories. But there's a difference in writing something on your computer on Word for the fun of it, and when you literally get a publisher, a ghostwriter, marketer, artist, and millions of fans already ready for you. I know this sounds whiny but it's just not fair. Someone commented in the video pointing out how self-inserty the book is and her reply was like "I can't wait to read your novel that comes out next summer! xx" or something of the sort and it rubbed me the wrong way so much that I almost defied gravity.

How do you know what this commenter does? Do you know if they write? Or if they've spent hours and hours and read hundreds of books and stayed up all night draft editing or rewriting chapters or planning character arcs or attending seminars? Do you even care?

That's my problem. These Youtubers that do fiction (carrie/zoe/louise etc) don't care. I don't compare TABINOF because it's never stated to be a work of fiction. Storytelling and doing it well is a form of art and one you spend so much time honing and improving on. It's not just a side hobby that gets you tons of cash for you to flaunt. Do they not have any appreciation for the effort and sweat that goes into actually writing a book? Not even from the perspective of accomplished authors, but from people desperately trying to push their draft to a publisher? Do they not have understanding of their incredebly advantaged position and instead of writing their own should maybe create a program to promote ACTUAL authors?

Writing is not *just* something you do in your spare time when you have a ghost writer for you and a team to do the hard work. Like, I almost feel personally offended by the behaviour of these people.


I agree with you. As a person who dreams of being an author since being a child, I get so angry when people can publish a book without having to write it and earn more money than authors that worked hard on a book, mostly in their free time while having a day job because making money with books is harder than one might think. And then a famous person just publishes a book out of nowhere and didn't even do much for it? That's just unfair.
However, I think it's great when a YouTuber who always dreamed of becoming an author and also wrote something before (in their free time or something), gets the chance to publish something and if they already have a following, I think they deserve it because they worked hard for it. As long as they show respect to authors that weren't as lucky as them, I don't see anything wrong with it. Who wouldn't use their fanbase to fulfill their dreams?
It's always a bit different with non-fiction, if it's a biography and they have a ghostwriter, I am okay with that because it's not often the case that people write a biography themselves. Or getting help with the book, that's okay too, most writers get help with something. But having an idea and then letting someone else write it, take all the credit and basically take away the chance for actual authors to publish something because the publisher rather publishes something from a famous person, makes me so angry!
I really hope that Louise actually wrote the book herself, but I don't really believe that anymore :(

Off-Topic :
I highly recommend looking for indie books to read sometimes, you will find gems and support an author that doesn't make much money with their writing.
pulvis et umbra sumus
User avatar
nephilimcat
ar·tic·u·late
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:52 am
Location: Germany
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Louise Pentland

PostPosted by melon lord » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:15 am

Yeah if a Youtuber dreamt of writing a book but who has and truly put in effort? On the same scale that a normal person with no following or fancy job would spend hours writing their book. All these Youtuber fiction books have as much depth as Twilight. Self insertion is the easiest way to write a book and all these Youtuber characters are quirky and through tough times and optimistic and other rubbish. It's so sugary it makes me want to vom.

They don't have to be Stephen King and churn out a million books but damn at least he can write about someone other than himself in a different reality and skin.

The knowledge of these people writing books like it's just their fun pet project which will make them very rich and put them high on lists, is like rubbing sandpaper all over my body.

Side note yeah I try to help my friends along especially being a beta reader or supporting them through Nanowrimo. I should maybe try again this year hmmm
:lights: :lights:
Image
:lights: :lights:
melon lord
morning quiff
 
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:47 am
Location: post-baking universe
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Louise Pentland

PostPosted by wtfamidoinghere » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:35 am

nephilimcat wrote: But having an idea and then letting someone else write it, take all the credit and basically take away the chance for actual authors to publish something because the publisher rather publishes something from a famous person, makes me so angry!

I understand why unpublished authors might be angry at youtubers getting publishing deals, but isn't this logic kind of faulty? I remember back when tatinof was announced, people in the publishing industry on the forum said that celebrity book deals get the publisher guaranteed profit and make it possible for the publishers to take risks and publish new authors. So whether you think it's unfair or not, they aren't taking away someone else's opportunity for succes, but instead giving more people such opportunities.
But again, i get why it's upsetting.
wtfamidoinghere
sad dimple
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:02 am
Location: Bavaria
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Louise Pentland

PostPosted by nephilimcat » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:06 am

wtfamidoinghere wrote:
nephilimcat wrote: But having an idea and then letting someone else write it, take all the credit and basically take away the chance for actual authors to publish something because the publisher rather publishes something from a famous person, makes me so angry!

I understand why unpublished authors might be angry at youtubers getting publishing deals, but isn't this logic kind of faulty? I remember back when tatinof was announced, people in the publishing industry on the forum said that celebrity book deals get the publisher guaranteed profit and make it possible for the publishers to take risks and publish new authors. So whether you think it's unfair or not, they aren't taking away someone else's opportunity for succes, but instead giving more people such opportunities.
But again, i get why it's upsetting.


Well, that makes sense then. I don't know if that's actually the case because I feel like many publishers go for well-known authors, celebrities or mainstream content instead of giving new authors with fresh ideas a chance. If they take the profit from the celebrity books to support new authors, I retreat my statement, that would be a cool thing. It just doesn't seem like it, considering that people like Stephenie Meyer just rewrite their own book with switched genders and that gets published :roll:
pulvis et umbra sumus
User avatar
nephilimcat
ar·tic·u·late
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:52 am
Location: Germany
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Louise Pentland

PostPosted by wtfamidoinghere » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:11 am

nephilimcat wrote:
wtfamidoinghere wrote:
nephilimcat wrote: But having an idea and then letting someone else write it, take all the credit and basically take away the chance for actual authors to publish something because the publisher rather publishes something from a famous person, makes me so angry!

I understand why unpublished authors might be angry at youtubers getting publishing deals, but isn't this logic kind of faulty? I remember back when tatinof was announced, people in the publishing industry on the forum said that celebrity book deals get the publisher guaranteed profit and make it possible for the publishers to take risks and publish new authors. So whether you think it's unfair or not, they aren't taking away someone else's opportunity for succes, but instead giving more people such opportunities.
But again, i get why it's upsetting.


Well, that makes sense then. I don't know if that's actually the case because I feel like many publishers go for well-known authors, celebrities or mainstream content instead of giving new authors with fresh ideas a chance. If they take the profit from the celebrity books to support new authors, I retreat my statement, that would be a cool thing. It just doesn't seem like it, considering that people like Stephenie Meyer just rewrite their own book with switched genders and that gets published :roll:

But that would also be a project that makes guaranteed profit. And guaranteed profit is neccessary for a company to be able to take risks. I'm not in the publishing industry, so i don't know how many new authors get published each year, but every author was new once :shrug:
wtfamidoinghere
sad dimple
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:02 am
Location: Bavaria
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Louise Pentland

PostPosted by melon lord » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:40 am

wtfamidoinghere wrote:
nephilimcat wrote: But having an idea and then letting someone else write it, take all the credit and basically take away the chance for actual authors to publish something because the publisher rather publishes something from a famous person, makes me so angry!

I understand why unpublished authors might be angry at youtubers getting publishing deals, but isn't this logic kind of faulty? I remember back when tatinof was announced, people in the publishing industry on the forum said that celebrity book deals get the publisher guaranteed profit and make it possible for the publishers to take risks and publish new authors. So whether you think it's unfair or not, they aren't taking away someone else's opportunity for succes, but instead giving more people such opportunities.
But again, i get why it's upsetting.


I think a lot of people have this separation in their head about fiction and non-fiction. Fiction is generally considered an art form that you practise and work on for a long time to make it good, just like traditional art. I am less annoyed about TABINOF (or even pewdiepie's book even though I find it pointless) because I understand that they would need a writer to help chisel the content down to an appropriate format. Also the book contributes to their branding and is nice both for newer fans and older fans.

Much in the same way that I would be miffed if a Youtuber who never painted in their life but likes doodling on MS Paint got their work displayed in a famous gallery and their prints sold out all over the world, I hold disdain for Youtubers selling fictional work because they undermine the real effort that goes into making a book. It's so easy writing a book when you just have to devote a couple of hours every day from your safe, comfortable job. And then you have a ghost writer do the bulk of the writing, the editing and the formatting to make it look less of a mess.

That being said, my feelings don't matter to them and they'll still make money. But it's still something I disagree with morally and ethically. That's just muh opinion though.
:lights: :lights:
Image
:lights: :lights:
melon lord
morning quiff
 
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:47 am
Location: post-baking universe
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Louise Pentland

PostPosted by mio » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:45 am

I think this is the first video after the rebrand where she goes a little more daring.
Liked the video, it was entertaining and her tips and positivity sound genuine and coming from her own experience.
(her being terrified of her family watching this cracked me up :lol: )

~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
User avatar
mio
#relatable
 
Posts: 356
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:48 am

Re: Louise Pentland

PostPosted by fancy_nancy » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:40 pm

Louise did a really interesting livestream today about privacy, and I didn't have the chance to watch all of it but some of the things she said made me think so much about the phandom. Like, for example, she said something along the lines of "i put content out there for you to watch and enjoy and spark a disscussion but my whole life is not a show" and she basically meant that what she shares is what people get and they shouldn't want more (at least that's what I understood) and I don't think I agree 100% with her but she explained herself very well, and obviously we dig around really hard for stuff that d&p consider private so I wonder if they share her opinion on this?
(can't figure out how to link the video here but you can find it in her channel Sprinkle of Chatter)
User avatar
fancy_nancy
hobbit hair
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:44 pm
Location: Mexico
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Louise Pentland

PostPosted by fancy_nancy » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:04 pm

oops sorry double post but this is the video I mentioned above
User avatar
fancy_nancy
hobbit hair
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:44 pm
Location: Mexico
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Louise Pentland

PostPosted by NarrysCanary » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:13 am

She deleted the videos because of the backlash she received and apologised on facebook. I don't know how to feel about this because even though I understand that it must be annoying to have every aspect of your discussed by strangers, she will never managed to stop people from doing so and at the same time I have no problem with her expressing her frustation towards that issue. Maybe she should not have targeted her rant to that one user (the one on insta) ? She has already responded to them on insta I feel like if she wanted to rant about it publicly she should not have pointed out one person but pointed it out that portion of people who wants to create drama and invade her privacy ?

I feel like what I'm saying is nonsense I've always been split about the issue of invading someone's privacy when someone is in the spotlight because they do deserve privacy but once you start showing your daily life on the internet people will always want to know more.

(see what procrastination does to me, writing a rambly paragraph)
Image
NarrysCanary
morning quiff
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:29 pm
Location: the hexagon country
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Louise Pentland

PostPosted by fancybum » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:03 pm

Oh dammit I really liked a lot of what she had to say in those and I was going to do some timestamps and quotes when I had a minute. I don't think she was out of line at all with anything she was saying (in fact if anything I was wishing she'd stop apologizing so much for speaking her mind) since she was doing it all very respectfully. Maybe she shouldn't have mentioned the username of the person that started her down this path, but she was even nice about them and acknowledged it was possible she read the tone of that comment wrong. One part where she was talking about being looked to as a role model stuck with me though (well stuck with me enough to paraphrase at least, boo): "I'm a 3(1?) year old, overweight, divorced mum. I'm not a role model, I'm just a normal person." I probably mangled it, but it was kind of wonderful (but also like, what better people to be semi role models than normal kind people, flaws and all?). I wish she would have just unlisted them instead (or gone back and bleeped out names if that was the main issue), rather than just delete. Those things need to be said sometimes.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
Image
User avatar
fancybum
angel bean
 
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:06 pm
Location: bork

Re: Louise Pentland

PostPosted by NarrysCanary » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:28 am

Birdie wrote:
onetruetrash wrote:I agree it's a pretty petty fight, but I don't think it's "crazy new drama" or anything. Also I've seen her weekly vlogs she's doing now and judging by those, she's definitely the one writing the book. (I'm kinda biased cuz I'm a fan but oh well)


Yeah, I'm more inclined to believe Emma is writing her own book than Louise because Emma's book is not a novel, it's something to do with her and her channel. Youtuber novels always make me question whether or not the Youtubers are writing the books themselves because there is no way a first time writer can write a novel that's good enough to be published. I'm pretty sure that kind of "talent" is a one in a million thing. Writing is a skill and it takes years of writing and learning to become a good author and I just don't see how Louise (for instance) would have mastered that skill in the few months she's been working on her novel now. :shrug:


This was in the Emma Blackery's thread but I thought it suited a bit better in Louise's thread since my post will be more about her than Emma. But yeah Louise is not writing that book at 100% by herself, her editor helps her a lot with her novel. She said in one of her vlogs that her editor criticised a lot what she wrote and have admitted to find the critics difficult to accept. And she said in another vlog I can't remember which one that she wrote several snippets that her editors had to put together to create a coherent story.
Is this what we can call ghostwriting ? I don't know :shrug:
But I agree with you on the fact that writing takes several years of practise and youtubers are especially lucky to be able to write novels with the massive help of editors that are willing to publish their books so easily.
Image
NarrysCanary
morning quiff
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:29 pm
Location: the hexagon country
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Louise Pentland

PostPosted by Katka » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:08 am

NarrysCanary wrote:But yeah Louise is not writing that book at 100% by herself, her editor helps her a lot with her novel. She said in one of her vlogs that her editor criticised a lot what she wrote and have admitted to find the critics difficult to accept. And she said in another vlog I can't remember which one that she wrote several snippets that her editors had to put together to create a coherent story.


Thanks for this information! So I guess Louise is doing the actual writing herself but she’s getting way more help than other authors do. It’s normal to have an editor look over your work and tell you what doesn’t work for them but it seems to me like Louise’s editor is doing way more work than editor’s usually do. I have a feeling the publishers might have rejected “Wilde Like Me”, had it been sent in by a nobody but since it’s Louise they’re willing to put in loads of extra work and money to make the novel good enough to be published since her name will sell. This is just an assumption though of course.

I don’t really know how to feel about this. On one hand I’m glad there’s no ghostwriter involved here, on the other hand I’m kind of angry Louise doesn’t seem to acknowledge how much help she is getting. She went off at Jack for making that ghostwriting joke because she seems to believe she’s doing all the hard work herself when she’s getting a lot more help from her editor than other authors get. So on one hand I think it’s cool she’s open about getting help, on the other hand her whole “I am doing all the work myself” attitude bugs me because she’s not. Does that make sense?

I’m also uncertain about the book itself. I will probably read it. The cover is cute and the story sounds nice enough but I think it’s a bit cringy how she talks about it. It’s basically her own life story, isn’t it? And whilst I agree with “write what you now” this book seems a bit uninspired to me. But we’ll have to wait until June to find out if it’s good or not, I guess.
(used to be Birdie)
User avatar
Katka
cheeky #spon
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:22 pm

Re: Louise Pentland

PostPosted by NarrysCanary » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:27 am

Birdie wrote:
I’m also uncertain about the book itself. I will probably read it. The cover is cute and the story sounds nice enough but I think it’s a bit cringy how she talks about it. It’s basically her own life story, isn’t it? And whilst I agree with “write what you now” this book seems a bit uninspired to me. But we’ll have to wait until June to find out if it’s good or not, I guess.


Well, a blurb of the summary has been released quite recently and from what I know about her life it seems that the book will be inspired by her own life indeed. She's talking about character going through a rough patch like Louise did last year, apparently there will some online dating as well and Louise did meet her bf on tinder. There's a mention of "struggling to fit in with the school mum crew" she talks a lot about hanging out with that school mom crew but I don't think she has never talked about struggling to fit in with them.
To be honest, I'm not quite interested in reading her book especially now that it seems to be a copy paste of her own life... that we can see in her weekly vlogs.
Image
NarrysCanary
morning quiff
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:29 pm
Location: the hexagon country
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Louise Pentland

PostPosted by lurker » Mon May 29, 2017 12:24 pm

is youtube glitching or did i miss louise re-rebranding to sprinkleofglitter? :shifty:
User avatar
lurker
procrastinator
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:02 am
Pronouns: they/them

Re: Louise Pentland

PostPosted by NarrysCanary » Mon May 29, 2017 2:52 pm

lurker wrote:is youtube glitching or did i miss louise re-rebranding to sprinkleofglitter? :shifty:


She never changed her youtube username... at least I don't think so, you're making me doubt :wtf: . She only changed her twitter username
Image
NarrysCanary
morning quiff
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:29 pm
Location: the hexagon country
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Louise Pentland

PostPosted by lurker » Tue May 30, 2017 11:48 am

NarrysCanary wrote:
lurker wrote:is youtube glitching or did i miss louise re-rebranding to sprinkleofglitter? :shifty:

She never changed her youtube username... at least I don't think so, you're making me doubt :wtf: . She only changed her twitter username

damn i could have sworn i read "louise pentland" under her videos some time ago. but you're probably right and all the dan rebrand talk has confused me. :wtf:
User avatar
lurker
procrastinator
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:02 am
Pronouns: they/them

Re: Louise Pentland

PostPosted by somethingsketchy » Wed May 31, 2017 9:11 am

lurker wrote:
NarrysCanary wrote:
lurker wrote:is youtube glitching or did i miss louise re-rebranding to sprinkleofglitter? :shifty:

She never changed her youtube username... at least I don't think so, you're making me doubt :wtf: . She only changed her twitter username

damn i could have sworn i read "louise pentland" under her videos some time ago. but you're probably right and all the dan rebrand talk has confused me. :wtf:

I distinctly remember her starting to put "Louise Pentland" in her video titles last autumn after her rebranding, but she must have changed the names of those videos at some point because I can also remember wondering if she had "re-rebranded" when I got back to watching YT this spring after a couple of months' break. I have no idea if she ever changed her actual screen name, though.

*crawling back to the lurker cave*
User avatar
somethingsketchy
delia smith
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 10:48 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Louise Pentland

PostPosted by human » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:47 am

Lol at her vlog with Zoe, when Zoe turns up with a huge bag of gifts and Louise had not only not given Zoe hers, but hadn't even bought her anything for her birthday. And Zoe gave her a card which I always find so sweet and thoughtful of people, since a lot of people can be cynical about greeting cards and think they're just Hallmark marketing opportunities, and you see Louise shove it out of the way twice whilst trying to rip open the gifts. Good grief.

I used to sub to Louise's vlogs but unsubbed a long time ago because she just seems to have changed; to be fair, probably for the better as she seems to have become wiser and is a bit over the YouTube "thing". But I dislike the fact that attitude seems to have extended to her so-called genuine friendships.
"I would rather disown all of you as a friend, than continue this moment"
User avatar
human
dan hand trash
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:07 am

PreviousNext

Return to Other Youtubers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

The 2017 Dan and Phil Survey!