web
analytics

In-Depth Bants

Six Months of In Depth Bants

Post questions, comments, concerns, and suggestions about this forum here.

Six Months of In Depth Bants

PostPosted by jesp » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:00 am

Wowza.

Six months ago today we moved away from a place we didn’t feel welcome, created a whole new forum, and in those six months we’ve built a forum full of great people and interesting discussion. There were some hiccups along the way, but we hope that every one of us is proud of what we have made, and we hope everyone will continue to work towards making the forum the best it can be.

We’ve been through a tour, a drought, forum downtime, Anne Robinson, a crash course in handwriting analysis, and endless debate, discussion, and delightfully pink trash cans in our over thirty-four thousand posts spread across more than four hundred topics, and we have no plans of stopping any time soon.

We’d also like to take the opportunity to thank all of you for sticking to the rules and reporting things that break them. It makes our job much easier, and in turn it makes the forum a better place for people to enjoy. Thank you.
jesp
amazing admin/genius
amazing admin/genius

Re: Six Months of In Depth Bants

PostPosted by swofro » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:01 am

I want to thanks your post so much, Jesp but since I can't I will just write this short post instead.

Congratulations!! I'm so happy that we hit the 6 months age, the death of our thread from the other site feels like a million years ago. I also wanna say thanks to people who work hard to build this site and build this space to talk about the two people we love the most. Thank you. :stan:

:garbage: :garbage: :garbage: :garbage: :garbage:
swofro
trash

Pronouns: she/her

PostPosted by LurkingTrash » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:23 am

wow six months! I feel all emotional right now, I love this place so much and all the people in it.
Just want to say a big thank you to everyone that helped building this and everyone who help everyday to make this place an even better little corner of the internet.
Here's to another 6 months (and even more) of bants :ribena:

:love1: :love1: :love1: :love1: :love1: :love1: :love1: :love1: :love1: :love1: :love1: :love1: :love1: :love1: :love1: :love1: :love1: :love1: :love1: :love1: :love1: :love1: :love1: :love1: :love1: :love1: :love1: :love1: :love1:
LurkingTrash
#relatable

Pronouns: She/Her

PostPosted by arequian » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:23 am

Wow, I can't believe it's been only six months. A huge :thankyou: to all the mods and admins who make this forum the lovely place it is, you're all great! :bigthumbsup:
arequian
crusty sponge

Pronouns: they/them

PostPosted by missemma » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:58 am

Happy 6 months and over 750 members to us. It's fantastic that 6 months later we are still here and still going strong. I love the community we have built up and appreciate all of you for making it the place it has become.

As Jesp said we have been through some ups and some downtime (thank god they sorted out their servers), and even though making the two themes may have taken me and Jhamba over 12 hours, it was all worth it.

Never change members of IDB, you are amazing.

:love2: :love2: :love2:
missemma
dirty bitch
dirty bitch

PostPosted by human » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:25 pm

*Toasts rather large glass of chardonnay*

Damn happy half birthday to IDB and us all. I love us. And so does Dan, you know it.

"I would rather disown all of you as a friend, than continue this moment"
human
dan hand trash

PostPosted by IckleMissMayhem » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:35 pm

Part of my wants to say "only six months?" and the other part wants to say "holy shit, six months already?!"

We've come a long way kids. :D

Thanks to the founders, the mods and everyone who posts. You guys are awesome.
:ribena: <3
IckleMissMayhem
full-time internet hobo

PostPosted by mez29 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:09 pm

I love you all <3
mez29
hobbit hair

PostPosted by Lurktacularr » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:53 pm

Happy half birthday IDB!

Echoing Ickle it seems like yesterday we moved but at the same time I feel like we've always been here :love2:

Massive thank you to the mods and admins who have and continue to put so much effort into making a space for us to hang out. I won't wax lyrical about why this place is so cool cos we all know it, so again: thank you :stan:
I wonder how biology can explain the physical pain you feel in your chest when all you want to do is talk shit on IDB
Lurktacularr
procrastinator

PostPosted by majitzu » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:36 pm

6 months! I remember it happened so suddenly. And I love this place so much. For 6 moths more :wine:
majitzu
angel bean

PostPosted by Winston » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:01 pm

:yippee: I love this place! I am deppy trash (oc), but I am also IDB trash! :love2: :love2: :love2: :love2: to all those who participate in making it a wonderful place to visit each day! :respekt2: :ribena:
actions speak louder than words
Winston
blobfish

PostPosted by spider » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:04 pm

IckleMissMayhem wrote:Part of my wants to say "only six months?" and the other part wants to say "holy shit, six months already?!"

Me too Ickle.

IDB is my favorite part of the internet even though sometimes I complain. A day isn't complete without reading some bants. It is a very special community. Thanks mods for always working to make IDB a great place even though sometimes we can't see how much work you do for us. Thanks everybody for making IDB a phfamily not just another website.

Happy 6 months and excited for a lot more months and years of IDB. :ribena:
spider
ar·tic·u·late

PostPosted by Kathrynxjane » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:52 am

6 Months! It feels like it has been a lifetime since we left :gg:

We have grown into a little community and it is beautiful.

I love you guys :wahh: :wahh: :wahh: :wahh: :platonic: :platonic:
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
Kathrynxjane
morning quiff

Pronouns: She/Her

PostPosted by flarequake » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:02 am

Wow, good to commemorate the occasion, I had no idea it was that time already. It's been great to find such a community so I'll add my thanks to those who set up our home here and keep it running, as well as everyone who participates, those who prefer to read quietly and :D&P: too :love2: :bigthumbsup:
:instinct:
flarequake
illuminati

Pronouns: She/her

PostPosted by Susannah » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:17 am

Yay! :woohoo:

I come here every day, even if I don't post, bc IDB such a lovely community, and one of the funniest and most inclusive I've met on the internet. Here's to many happy returns! :platonic: <3
(formerly known as mysterylovescompany)

Susannah
#relatable

PostPosted by bear » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:28 pm

:banana: :thankyou: :cheer:
I'm so late but congrats IDB! Even though I've only been registered here for 3 months, I feel so proud and happy to be here.
When I found GG, I really wanted to make a account. But something was a little off-putting about that place. Also by then everyone had left so :rofl:.
When I found IDB and realized a few weeks later it was where all the GG people went, I was so happy! There was a fast loading website, a lot of conversation, so many intelligent people who weren't afraid to speak their opinion and a (mostly) positive, warm feel that made me want to join right away. (I didn't :rofl: )
:ribena: to IDB
:somuch:
bear
hobbit hair

PostPosted by oqua » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:22 am

I can't believe it's been six months! :yippee:

The night/morning of IDB's creation is still so clear in my mind lol. I remember Felucca PM'ing right before a certain website went down, saying that I should make a Twitter. I did so, and before I knew it I found myself in a Twitter chat, DM'ing a group of lovely people who had the wild idea of making a brand new Deppy forum to replace [the site that shall not be named]. That night, I stayed up all night messaging them, and together, we hashed out a set of rules, came up with the name In-Depth Bants, found a host, designed a header image, etc. And by 8 A.M. the next morning (my time), the new Deppy forum of our dreams had become a reality. :love2:

I remember posting links to IDB on Tumblr and Twitter and in the comments section of that weird blogspot page that [the site that shall not be named] was redirecting to during its downtime. :rofl: I remember my feeling of glee as [the site that shall not be named] stayed down for wayyyy longer than anticipated, and meanwhile, more and more people continued to sign up for IDB. I remember when sending PM's to stragglers left behind on [the site that shall not be named], once the downtime was over, informing them of the exodus. (I also remember when I finally got the :gg: on [the site that shall not be named]...what a proud moment that was. :rofl: )

Most of all, I remember being so, so happy for the amazing atmosphere that developed almost immediately on IDB — the spirit of camaraderie, inclusivity, and fun. Six months later, the atmosphere hasn't changed, and IDB has only become more lively and the bants have only gotten better. It's such a great community, and being part of brings me so much joy. I'm so proud of how far we've come together, and I'm so excited for what awaits us in the future.

<3
“Child.”
-Kathryn Lester
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

PostPosted by Winston » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:18 pm

oqua wrote:I can't believe it's been six months! :yippee:

The night/morning of IDB's creation is still so clear in my mind lol. I remember Felucca PM'ing right before a certain website went down, saying that I should make a Twitter. I did so, and before I knew it I found myself in a Twitter chat, DM'ing a group of lovely people who had the wild idea of making a brand new Deppy forum to replace [the site that shall not be named]. That night, I stayed up all night messaging them, and together, we hashed out a set of rules, came up with the name In-Depth Bants, found a host, designed a header image, etc. And by 8 A.M. the next morning (my time), the new Deppy forum of our dreams had become a reality. :love2:

I remember posting links to IDB on Tumblr and Twitter and in the comments section of that weird blogspot page that [the site that shall not be named] was redirecting to during its downtime. :rofl: I remember my feeling of glee as [the site that shall not be named] stayed down for wayyyy longer than anticipated, and meanwhile, more and more people continued to sign up for IDB. I remember when sending PM's to stragglers left behind on [the site that shall not be named], once the downtime was over, informing them of the exodus. (I also remember when I finally got the :gg: on [the site that shall not be named]...what a proud moment that was. :rofl: )

Most of all, I remember being so, so happy for the amazing atmosphere that developed almost immediately on IDB — the spirit of camaraderie, inclusivity, and fun. Six months later, the atmosphere hasn't changed, and IDB has only become more lively and the bants have only gotten better. It's such a great community, and being part of brings me so much joy. I'm so proud of how far we've come together, and I'm so excited for what awaits us in the future.

<3

:sobs: :love2: I love a good origin story. Beautiful! :love1:
actions speak louder than words
Winston
blobfish

PostPosted by flarequake » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:20 am

Winston wrote:
oqua wrote:I can't believe it's been six months! :yippee:

<3

:sobs: :love2: I love a good origin story. Beautiful! :love1:

Me too, this has my heart all in a mush :ribena:
:instinct:
flarequake
illuminati

Pronouns: She/her

PostPosted by mermaid blood » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:35 pm

bit (very) late, but Oqua you made me feel all nostalgic and emotional. that was the craziest weekend.

couldn't be prouder of my friends for making and keeping this ship afloat, even if i haven't been a very active sailor as i originally intended. the spirit of discussion on the site that shall not be named was too worthy to die, and i'm so glad it didn't! this community is lovely and you should all be very proud, staff, contributors, and lurkers alike.

:love1:
art in avatar by Lily
mermaid blood
sad dimple

Return to About This Forum