In-Depth Bants

h3h3 productions

h3h3 productions

PostPosted by antigone » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:08 pm

I thought it would be cool to discuss Ethan and Hila's content, especially since there's a lot of controversy rn

Dan has mentioned that h3h3 is one of his favourite current content creators and I wondered what you guys thought of them?

I personally really, really enjoy their content. I like the videos of Ethan and Hila together over just Ethan on his own, and my personal favourites have to be the Prank and Joey Salads videos :)
antigone
butt chair

Re: h3h3 productions

PostPosted by nebuleuse » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:25 pm

Ooh I love h3h3!
I think they really found an untapped market in the slightly awkward, internet-culture memeable (??) humour. Similar-ish to :D&P: their audience's capability to make memes out of aspects of their videos I think is what accounted to their massive growth and audience retention/interest. If you haven't already I'd check out their subreddit because its really quite hilarious :lol:
My fave videos would have to be Vape Nation and Ethan joins a 90's boyband. I honestly think their second channel is just as good as their main which is slightly unusual, youtuber-wise.

I don't agree with everything they do, and I'm still unsure of how to feel about the latest video on Casey Neistat, partially because I am bias towards the arguments on Casey's behalf.
I know that its in no vloggers responsibility to promote any political agenda, but its ignorant for Ethan to suggest that being complacent in political matters doesn't affect the final political outcomes.
I know that this has nothing to do with their content and I actually agree with some of the points he makes in the video, something about it just rubbed me the wrong way :?
nebuleuse
squish

PostPosted by Skeletorsrighthand » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:25 am

This two are such a cute couple.
How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.
Skeletorsrighthand
living flop

PostPosted by antigone » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:51 am

Skeletorsrighthand wrote:

This two are such a cute couple.

They really are, I can't believe Hila accepted the proposal after that though hahaha :lol:
antigone
butt chair

PostPosted by manged » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:23 pm

I really, really like their videos, especially when they're taking the piss out of dumb YT videos, but I can't fully rock with them until they keep the N-word out their mouths. And yeah some of their political/ social views are shitty too.
manged
sad dimple

Pronouns: sir bantsalot

PostPosted by hola » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:25 am

I felt a bit sorry for them because it seems half their fanbase comes /the_donald sub from reddit and at one point they had loads of anti Semitic comments until they made a post about it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/h3h3production ... _come_ask/
hola
crusty sponge

PostPosted by antigone » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:28 pm

What do you guys think of the podcast?

I watched the one with pewdiepie and really liked it - Ethan did seem to be sucking up to Felix a bit though, and I wish Hila was involved too
antigone
butt chair

PostPosted by buttrito » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:46 pm

i only just subbed to them after i saw felix hanging out with them in LA
i think how they call out certain people and diff trends on youtube is pretty funny.

Im hoping to get more into them but they do seem like very genuine people
buttrito
smol bean

PostPosted by mio » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:56 am

I hate this trend going on right now. It's not as bad as the whole pewdiepie controversy, at least his point is a bit more deliberate, but damn. I wish all these guys would stop whining at the tiniest bit of criticism. :sideeye:
mio
hobbit hair

PostPosted by Catallena » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:13 pm

mio wrote:

I hate this trend going on right now. It's not as bad as the whole pewdiepie controversy, at least his point is a bit more deliberate, but damn. I wish all these guys would stop whining at the tiniest bit of criticism. :sideeye:

The audio of this video could be replaced with the audio of a baby crying and I wouldn't notice a difference. 'Wah wah MTV isn't ~edgy~ (read: catering exclusively to white cishet males) anymore! We need more content of guys harassing shop assistants about condoms instead of women speaking their minds!'

And I'm sure people can try really hard to play this off as 'satire' but I'm not fucking buying it. :sideeye:

Phil DeFranco ranted about the same MTV video on Twitter, proving himself to still be the ignorant bigot he used to be. All these fucking white guys man :roll:
Stan is only one letter away from Satan.
Catallena
haru pillow

PostPosted by mio » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:30 pm

Catallena wrote:The audio of this video could be replaced with the audio of a baby crying and I wouldn't notice a difference. 'Wah wah MTV isn't ~edgy~ (read: catering exclusively to white cishet males) anymore! We need more content of guys harassing shop assistants about condoms instead of women speaking their minds!'

And I'm sure people can try really hard to play this off as 'satire' but I'm not fucking buying it. :sideeye:

Phil DeFranco ranted about the same MTV video on Twitter, proving himself to still be the ignorant bigot he used to be. All these fucking white guys man :roll:

Yeah. If this is the first trend of 2017 then I've already lost all hope for this year as well.

But honestly, things were going pretty well for a while on the front of people not taking bullshit anymore, especially in the online sphere. The backslash of the white edgelords complaining because they dont own the world anymore was supposed to happen at some point and nobody can convince me that this has nothing to do with Trump winning the election

(I just realized I only come to this forum to complain about things not deppy related anymore I'm sorry)
mio
hobbit hair

PostPosted by Catallena » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:28 pm

mio wrote:
Catallena wrote:The audio of this video could be replaced with the audio of a baby crying and I wouldn't notice a difference. 'Wah wah MTV isn't ~edgy~ (read: catering exclusively to white cishet males) anymore! We need more content of guys harassing shop assistants about condoms instead of women speaking their minds!'

Yeah. If this is the first trend of 2017 then I've already lost all hope for this year as well.

But honestly, things were going pretty well for a while on the front of people not taking bullshit anymore, especially in the online sphere. The backslash of the white edgelords complaining because they dont own the world anymore was supposed to happen at some point and nobody can convince me that this has nothing to do with Trump winning the election

(I just realized I only come to this forum to complain about things not deppy related anymore I'm sorry)

It definitely has to do with Trump's election and just the rise of conservative and alt-right worldwide. All these bigots who were 'afraid' to speak their mind for the last 5 years because people started educating themselves and others now suddenly feel validated and safe again, it's seriously disgusting. Don't trust anyone at this point. :ninja:

The worst is how the left/progressives are supposed to be understanding and respectful of these people and not call them out because it will 'alienate' people. I fully admit a lot of bullshit discourse goes on in our movements but when did calling out someone for being racist/sexist/homophobic etc. become bullying? Why is that met with 'this is why no one supports you and voted Trump?' but when they're the ones threatening people and vomiting their backwards ideas into the world (that are genuinely harmful to many people) it's all okay because 'freedom of speech' :sideeye:

It kills me to see YouTubers with such huge audiences play into this mindset. But hey we're not even a month into 2017 yet and I already have four channels on my cancelled list, so if people showing their true colors is gonna be good for something it's opening up my eyes and avoiding spending anymore time on these fucks.

Right ok done with getting political and shit for the night and time to hide in a cave watching Deppy vids or something.
Stan is only one letter away from Satan.
Catallena
haru pillow

PostPosted by malday » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:44 am

this is a pretty cute story.
malday
hobbit hair

Return to Other Youtubers