In-Depth Bants

Dan & Phil Part 36: Wholesome Howell and AmazingPhlegm

our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!

Dan & Phil Part 36: Wholesome Howell and AmazingPhlegm

PostPosted by oqua » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:54 pm





And so we wait.

:tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed:

In the meantime, let the bantz continue! :D
“Child.”
-Kathryn Lester
User avatar
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert
 
Posts: 873
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:05 am
Location: California, USA
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 36: Wholesome Howell and AmazingPhlegm

PostPosted by oqua » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:37 pm

Honestly, sometimes attempting to decipher the rules feels really futile to me, because sometimes his writing is pretty impossible to read even in perfectly clear and closeup images.

Image
"giraffe sound like"

Image
"with a warning label"

Like, wtf? :rofl:
“Child.”
-Kathryn Lester
User avatar
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert
 
Posts: 873
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:05 am
Location: California, USA
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 36: Wholesome Howell and AmazingPhlegm

PostPosted by pixlexia » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:38 pm

This for sure doesn't count as a meme, but just for the sake of reflection I remember in the midst of this hot mess this post kept making me laugh.

Image
(insert a funny quote from the forum here)
User avatar
pixlexia
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:51 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 36: Wholesome Howell and AmazingPhlegm

PostPosted by secretagentphan » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:18 pm

pixlexia wrote:This for sure doesn't count as a meme, but just for the sake of reflection I remember in the midst of this hot mess this post kept making me laugh.

Image

THIS IS FANTASTIC :rofl:
Also Dan's teachers must've HATED him oh my lord I find it hard to believe that HE can even read his own writing. My handwriting is ugly but at least it's somewhat legible...

Also I don't think there was enough Dan memes this year to make a whole video..? Like I really don't have high hopes for the new video tbh which sucks, but I am very excited for Dan to have more time to make sketch/story DINOF videos because I honestly miss them and the "I nearly blinded myself" video was :ribena:
Image
User avatar
secretagentphan
cheeky #spon
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:38 pm

Re: Dan & Phil Part 36: Wholesome Howell and AmazingPhlegm

PostPosted by secretagentphan » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:34 pm

Also not to be that super annoying kid who double posts but I just need to say.. there were literally no good Dan memes this year because all they gave us were phan so I'm not going to feel at all bad if all he gets is #busgate because THAT'S LITERALLY ALL THERE IS? the only "memes" this year was the phandom calling them married tbh, but what other choice did they give?
Image
User avatar
secretagentphan
cheeky #spon
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:38 pm

Re: Dan & Phil Part 36: Wholesome Howell and AmazingPhlegm

PostPosted by AmazingOCD » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:05 pm

Hi everyone,

This probably is NOT the right place to post an introduction (I mean why should I break the discussion about the top Dan memes of 2016 and YES YES YES i agree withthe point that almost all the memes involve Phil! :D&P: . Can't they just get married already???)

Whoever came up with buying the downstairs flat idea to use as the IBD headquarters, I salute all of you. It was a team effort!

I've been a long time reader/lurker on this forum and I have never come across an universal attitude that is so positive from all of you members!
(Compare this place to the other site, which I've read a lot as well, the attitudes there are bordering on hostile/ignorant/how are they still deppy fans if all they do is complain)

Sorry about that.

Anyway, now that ive made the brave decision to create my account, I can finally join in!!! :2thumbsup:

I cant wait to see what Deppy will bring us in 2017! (And judging by those tweets the lads have, i think it will be their same goofy selves saying the silly things we cringe and giggle at (in the wrong places, like the uni library, oh dear)

Love from an Irish phan.
(Who cries inside everyday that she had no idea about TATINOF Dublin until she caught up on videos thanks to an assignment heavy uni degree)

PS: Any fellow Irish cairde here?
It's a good thing to be strange. Normalness leads to sadness - Phil Lester
User avatar
AmazingOCD
senpai
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:39 pm
Location: Ireland
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 36: Wholesome Howell and AmazingPhlegm

PostPosted by blueapple_x » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:09 pm

A lot of the things being suggested may not technically be memes but from what I've seen there's:

Calculating/confused Dan

Inner Dan meme

Steve Harvery inspired meme
(I realize these three are original memes adapted to Dan so who knows if he'd count them)

"Crying" Dan from liveshow

#rubberupfordan

Choking/kinky memes/jokes

Dankisnotonfire (looking stoned at a M&G)/weed sweater/vaping dan memes/jokes

"Spanish" Dan

Diss track related things

Furry memes/jokes

"Shook" Dan
Perhaps some dapgo memes as well? Also, I can't remember if there were any good BONCAs ones...

I don't remember much off the top of my head so most of this list is stuff I've seen people suggesting on twitter. Based on this list alone, I think he'll probably have an okay amount to choose from? What he wants to put in a video is another story.
Last edited by blueapple_x on Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
blueapple_x
blobfish
 
Posts: 696
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:57 am

Re: Dan & Phil Part 36: Wholesome Howell and AmazingPhlegm

PostPosted by secretagentphan » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:17 pm

AmazingOCD wrote:Hi everyone,

This probably is NOT the right place to post an introduction (I mean why should I break the discussion about the top Dan memes of 2016 and YES YES YES i agree withthe point that almost all the memes involve Phil! :D&P: . Can't they just get married already???)

Whoever came up with buying the downstairs flat idea to use as the IBD headquarters, I salute all of you. It was a team effort!

I've been a long time reader/lurker on this forum and I have never come across an universal attitude that is so positive from all of you members!
(Compare this place to the other site, which I've read a lot as well, the attitudes there are bordering on hostile/ignorant/how are they still deppy fans if all they do is complain)

Sorry about that.

Anyway, now that ive made the brave decision to create my account, I can finally join in!!! :2thumbsup:

I cant wait to see what Deppy will bring us in 2017! (And judging by those tweets the lads have, i think it will be their same goofy selves saying the silly things we cringe and giggle at (in the wrong places, like the uni library, oh dear)

Love from an Irish phan.
(Who cries inside everyday that she had no idea about TATINOF Dublin until she caught up on videos thanks to an assignment heavy uni degree)

PS: Any fellow Irish cairde here?

Welcome!! :bigthumbsup:
I'm not actually from Ireland but as an American from New England I am EXTREMELY Irish ethnicity wise.

I forgot about a lot of those Dan memes actually! I guess I underestimated him lol. I'm still hoping he throws in a little :haru: for my poor phan trash heart though. Let a girl dream.
Image
User avatar
secretagentphan
cheeky #spon
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:38 pm

Re: Dan & Phil Part 36: Wholesome Howell and AmazingPhlegm

PostPosted by 000dia000 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:03 pm

AmazingOCD wrote:Hi everyone,

This probably is NOT the right place to post an introduction (I mean why should I break the discussion about the top Dan memes of 2016 and YES YES YES i agree withthe point that almost all the memes involve Phil! :D&P: . Can't they just get married already???)

Whoever came up with buying the downstairs flat idea to use as the IBD headquarters, I salute all of you. It was a team effort!

I've been a long time reader/lurker on this forum and I have never come across an universal attitude that is so positive from all of you members!
(Compare this place to the other site, which I've read a lot as well, the attitudes there are bordering on hostile/ignorant/how are they still deppy fans if all they do is complain)

Sorry about that.

Anyway, now that ive made the brave decision to create my account, I can finally join in!!! :2thumbsup:

I cant wait to see what Deppy will bring us in 2017! (And judging by those tweets the lads have, i think it will be their same goofy selves saying the silly things we cringe and giggle at (in the wrong places, like the uni library, oh dear)

Love from an Irish phan.
(Who cries inside everyday that she had no idea about TATINOF Dublin until she caught up on videos thanks to an assignment heavy uni degree)

PS: Any fellow Irish cairde here?

Sup. :platonic:
And I feel your pain about missing TATINOF Dublin, I really do :')
Image
User avatar
000dia000
stress mushroom
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:17 am
Location: Ireland

Re: Dan & Phil Part 36: Wholesome Howell and AmazingPhlegm

PostPosted by silverwinter » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:30 pm

blueapple_x wrote:A lot of the things being suggested may not technically be memes but from what I've seen there's:

Calculating/confused Dan

Inner Dan meme

Steve Harvery inspired meme
(I realize these three are original memes adapted to Dan so who knows if he'd count them)

"Crying" Dan from liveshow

#rubberupfordan

Choking/kinky memes/jokes

Dankisnotonfire (looking stoned at a M&G)/weed sweater/vaping dan memes/jokes

"Spanish" Dan

Diss track related things

Furry memes/jokes

"Shook" Dan
Perhaps some dapgo memes as well? Also, I can't remember if there were any good BONCAs ones...

I don't remember much off the top of my head so most of this list is stuff I've seen people suggesting on twitter. Based on this list alone, I think he'll probably have an okay amount to choose from? What he wants to put in a video is another story.


damn, i really thought the only meme this year was bedgate, but you're right, there's some here that were definitely big. stoner!dan, #rubberupfordan, and the crying!dan liveshow moment are definitely ones that were popular in 2016.

this is really bad, but tbh the only other thing i remember that was popular in 2016 is "wtf even is your sexuality" which people used to spam. quite obnoxious and he's probs not gonna include that anyways
silverwinter
delia smith’s placenta
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:18 am

Re: Dan & Phil Part 36: Wholesome Howell and AmazingPhlegm

PostPosted by lurkin » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:40 pm

oqua wrote:Honestly, sometimes attempting to decipher the rules feels really futile to me, because sometimes his writing is pretty impossible to read even in perfectly clear and closeup images.

Image
"giraffe sound like"

Image
"with a warning label"

Like, wtf? :rofl:


Honestly, I like to believe that theory that Dan isn't a natural lefty and just uses his left hand to be "edgy" lmao. Like no one I know writes that terribly. :rofl:
give me the #discourse
User avatar
lurkin
tol bean
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:33 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 36: Wholesome Howell and AmazingPhlegm

PostPosted by secretagentphan » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:52 pm

lurkin wrote:
oqua wrote:Honestly, sometimes attempting to decipher the rules feels really futile to me, because sometimes his writing is pretty impossible to read even in perfectly clear and closeup images.

Image
"giraffe sound like"

Image
"with a warning label"

Like, wtf? :rofl:


Honestly, I like to believe that theory that Dan isn't a natural lefty and just uses his left hand to be "edgy" lmao. Like no one I know writes that terribly. :rofl:

COULD YOU IMAGINE?? he must've only started writing with his left hand like last year by the looks of it... the only explanation :illuminati:
Image
User avatar
secretagentphan
cheeky #spon
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:38 pm

Re: Dan & Phil Part 36: Wholesome Howell and AmazingPhlegm

PostPosted by blu » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:11 pm

secretagentphan wrote:
lurkin wrote:
oqua wrote:Honestly, sometimes attempting to decipher the rules feels really futile to me, because sometimes his writing is pretty impossible to read even in perfectly clear and closeup images.

Image
"giraffe sound like"

Image
"with a warning label"

Like, wtf? :rofl:


Honestly, I like to believe that theory that Dan isn't a natural lefty and just uses his left hand to be "edgy" lmao. Like no one I know writes that terribly. :rofl:

COULD YOU IMAGINE?? he must've only started writing with his left hand like last year by the looks of it... the only explanation :illuminati:


personally i like to believe that dan is ambisinistral (that both his hands are as skilled as a righty's left hand) :D
User avatar
blu
senpai
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:05 pm
Location: Canada
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 36: Wholesome Howell and AmazingPhlegm

PostPosted by adequate duck » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:23 pm

oqua wrote:Honestly, sometimes attempting to decipher the rules feels really futile to me, because sometimes his writing is pretty impossible to read even in perfectly clear and closeup images.

Image
"giraffe sound like"

Image
"with a warning label"

Like, wtf? :rofl:


pfft, that totally says "girajjer sard lve" and "lubh a wotry lde" can't you even read?
"don't respect any ducks" - phil lester
User avatar
adequate duck
sad dimple
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:49 pm
Location: California
Pronouns: she/her is fine

Re: Dan & Phil Part 36: Wholesome Howell and AmazingPhlegm

PostPosted by bluntedclaws » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:50 pm

adequate duck wrote:
oqua wrote:Honestly, sometimes attempting to decipher the rules feels really futile to me, because sometimes his writing is pretty impossible to read even in perfectly clear and closeup images.

Image
"giraffe sound like"

Image
"with a warning label"

Like, wtf? :rofl:


pfft, that totally says "girajjer sard lve" and "lubh a wotry lde" can't you even read?

You're right. I was thinking "ginger sand live" but I can see now that it's CLEARLY "girajjer sard lve"
You're a genius! :tongue1:
Sorry if I say something wrong. My first language is sarcasm. I've never really learned English
User avatar
bluntedclaws
sad dimple
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:49 pm
Location: Ontario
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 36: Wholesome Howell and AmazingPhlegm

PostPosted by MoonPride » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:22 am

Slighty OT but regarding voldy, was people really shipping them that hard in the what 5 months of meeting up that they really had to make a prank video? Obv I don't believe it was a prank but like how many subscribers did they have back when Phil made that video?
Image
User avatar
MoonPride
ar·tic·u·late
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:01 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Dan & Phil Part 36: Wholesome Howell and AmazingPhlegm

PostPosted by papierklemmen » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:57 am

MoonPride wrote:Slighty OT but regarding voldy, was people really shipping them that hard in the what 5 months of meeting up that they really had to make a prank video? Obv I don't believe it was a prank but like how many subscribers did they have back when Phil made that video?


I believe people were not "shipping" them in a fandom sense back then (fanfiction/fanart/tumblr headcanons/speculating about their sex life, fantasizing about their future house, dogs and children), but afaik people questioned the nature of their relationship in the comments or on formspring ("are you two dating? are you gay? is dan your boyfriend? is that a hickey?") or teased them ("you sure that's milk? or is dan round your house? ;)"). you can find those if you look at their dailybooth, twitter and formspring screenshots. i personally think it's more than enough to warrant a prank. i don't get why people think you have to be an established youtuber with a huge fanbase of shippers to get an idea to prank people about it; a handful of friends who are confused about your relationship is enough (but still in bad taste). but ymmv.
User avatar
papierklemmen
blobfish
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:04 am

Re: Dan & Phil Part 36: Wholesome Howell and AmazingPhlegm

PostPosted by MoonPride » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:15 am

papierklemmen wrote:
MoonPride wrote:Slighty OT but regarding voldy, was people really shipping them that hard in the what 5 months of meeting up that they really had to make a prank video? Obv I don't believe it was a prank but like how many subscribers did they have back when Phil made that video?


I believe people were not "shipping" them in a fandom sense back then (fanfiction/fanart/tumblr headcanons/speculating about their sex life, fantasizing about their future house, dogs and children), but afaik people questioned the nature of their relationship in the comments or on formspring ("are you two dating? are you gay? is dan your boyfriend? is that a hickey?") or teased them ("you sure that's milk? or is dan round your house? ;)"). you can find those if you look at their dailybooth, twitter and formspring screenshots. i personally think it's more than enough to warrant a prank. i don't get why people think you have to be an established youtuber with a huge fanbase of shippers to get an idea to prank people about it; a handful of friends who are confused about your relationship is enough (but still in bad taste). but ymmv.


I have seen the dailybooths and stuff and imo the answers and posts they gave to certain things proves there was something a bit more than just friendship going on.

I'm just curious as to how many people were shipping them etc at that point that (if true) thought lets make a prank video of Phil declaring his love.
Image
User avatar
MoonPride
ar·tic·u·late
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:01 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Dan & Phil Part 36: Wholesome Howell and AmazingPhlegm

PostPosted by dannonfill » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:23 am

Phil had around 120,000 subs, Dan had around 30,000. But the video was posted to lessamazingphil (right?) which had 3,000-40,000 subs... web archive only has 2009 & 2011 :shrug:
here's some 2010 PINOF comments for example of people's reactions
ImageImageImageImage personally, I don't think there were enough people "shipping" them in any sense to warrant a prank like that, from looking at old comments and talking to people who were around back then. Combined with the amount of people subbed to the lessamazingphil channel, yeah I don't see it
... let's talk about house plants. :ghost:
User avatar
dannonfill
spork
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:47 am
Location: US

Re: Dan & Phil Part 36: Wholesome Howell and AmazingPhlegm

PostPosted by papierklemmen » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:28 am

i don't know, man, why is shipping or a certain number of shippers a prerequisite for making such a prank?

one of the youtubers they hung out with, mrtinoforever, made a prank video message to crabstickz in november, 2009. it was a pretty obvious (and ridiculous) prank, not like voldy at all, but it was still made in a form of a "confession" video. were people shipping them? was that a thing? idk, but i don't think so?


i'm not saying vday video is a prank, i'm just saying that you don't really have to have a particular reason for a "joke" like that.
User avatar
papierklemmen
blobfish
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:04 am

Re: Dan & Phil Part 36: Wholesome Howell and AmazingPhlegm

PostPosted by MoonPride » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:31 am

dannonfill wrote:Phil had around 120,000 subs, Dan had around 30,000. But the video was posted to lessamazingphil (right?) which had 3,000-40,000 subs... web archive only has 2009 & 2011 :shrug:
here's some 2010 PINOF comments for example of people's reactions
ImageImageImageImage personally, I don't think there were enough people "shipping" them in any sense to warrant a prank like that, from looking at old comments and talking to people who were around back then. Combined with the amount of people subbed to the lessamazingphil channel, yeah I don't see it


Those comments seem pretty harmless, and I really can't see how they a warrented a prank video.

Also Dan's comment on the voldy vid itself, was that fake or real? I have read mixed things about that.

Sorry to go over old stuff like this.
Image
User avatar
MoonPride
ar·tic·u·late
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:01 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Dan & Phil Part 36: Wholesome Howell and AmazingPhlegm

PostPosted by papierklemmen » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:33 am

MoonPride wrote:
Also Dan's comment on the voldy vid itself, was that fake or real? .


i'm afraid that mystery will never be resolved :lol:
User avatar
papierklemmen
blobfish
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:04 am

Re: Dan & Phil Part 36: Wholesome Howell and AmazingPhlegm

PostPosted by MoonPride » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:37 am

papierklemmen wrote:
MoonPride wrote:
Also Dan's comment on the voldy vid itself, was that fake or real? .


i'm afraid that mystery will never be resolved :lol:


So we don't know if it's photoshopped or not?
Image
User avatar
MoonPride
ar·tic·u·late
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:01 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Dan & Phil Part 36: Wholesome Howell and AmazingPhlegm

PostPosted by Raspberrypi » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:41 am

AmazingOCD wrote:Hi everyone,

This probably is NOT the right place to post an introduction (I mean why should I break the discussion about the top Dan memes of 2016 and YES YES YES i agree withthe point that almost all the memes involve Phil! :D&P: . Can't they just get married already???)

Whoever came up with buying the downstairs flat idea to use as the IBD headquarters, I salute all of you. It was a team effort!

I've been a long time reader/lurker on this forum and I have never come across an universal attitude that is so positive from all of you members!
(Compare this place to the other site, which I've read a lot as well, the attitudes there are bordering on hostile/ignorant/how are they still deppy fans if all they do is complain)

Sorry about that.

Anyway, now that ive made the brave decision to create my account, I can finally join in!!! :2thumbsup:

I cant wait to see what Deppy will bring us in 2017! (And judging by those tweets the lads have, i think it will be their same goofy selves saying the silly things we cringe and giggle at (in the wrong places, like the uni library, oh dear)

Love from an Irish phan.
(Who cries inside everyday that she had no idea about TATINOF Dublin until she caught up on videos thanks to an assignment heavy uni degree)

PS: Any fellow Irish cairde here?


:bigthumbsup: Also the exact same thing happened to me with TATINOF as well Hahaha.

Also, looking at those 2010 comments from pinof makes me cringe even more than the YouTube comments left these days, I'd forgotten how weird humor was on the Internet back then
User avatar
Raspberrypi
crusty sponge
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:08 am
Location: Ireland
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 36: Wholesome Howell and AmazingPhlegm

PostPosted by dannonfill » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:10 am

fair point papierklemmen, I just wouldn't think of pranking a small portion of my audience :shrug: I'd need a good reason myself. but I'm not Dan or Phil (allegedly)
MoonPride wrote:
papierklemmen wrote:
MoonPride wrote:
Also Dan's comment on the voldy vid itself, was that fake or real? .


i'm afraid that mystery will never be resolved :lol:


So we don't know if it's photoshopped or not?

I always just figured it was real but thinking about it, the video was private, which would mean only Phil’s account had access to the video (unless it worked differently in 2010), which would make it impossible for Dan to comment. So either it was unlisted or the comment is fake?
hm, that'd be a shame, it's a cute exchange
Image
... let's talk about house plants. :ghost:
User avatar
dannonfill
spork
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:47 am
Location: US

Next

Return to danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests