In-Depth Bants

Phanfiction recs to warm us on lonely nights

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!

Re: Phanfiction recs to warm us on lonely nights

PostPosted by Waggle9007 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:08 am

CallMeAyana wrote:Umm... Is it okay to ask for fic recs here? I'm looking for ansty fics... Like, no happy ending? Most ansty phanfics have a happy ending, so... I actually couldn't drown myself in the sadness... Err... Yeah ._.

Like You is incredibly angsty, and don't worry...there's no happy ending either!!
http://its-just-phun-to-imagine.tumblr.com/post/130791779474/like-you

Also there's a song in it that I literally couldn't listen to for aaaages after I read it (you'll know if you read it)
Waggle9007
butt chair

Pronouns: she/her

PostPosted by The_Blonde » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:46 am

CallMeAyana wrote:Umm... Is it okay to ask for fic recs here? I'm looking for ansty fics... Like, no happy ending? Most ansty phanfics have a happy ending, so... I actually couldn't drown myself in the sadness... Err... Yeah ._.

my heart will howl (till you pull it off the ground) is legit one of my favourite fics and I would say it has an angsty ending. I mean, it's ambiguous, but I definitely read it as angsty, so I hope it's the kind of thing you're looking for!

Also, in other recs, parentaladvisorybullshitcontent, who is one of my favourite writers, has just started another WIP for me to check on daily - Hanging Out With Corpses - "in which Phil is a lonely ex-vampire hunter living in the city and Dan's just a pretty guy who doesn't sleep and wears a lot of black...right?" - I already love it <3
The_Blonde
sofa crease

PostPosted by Lain » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:54 am

The_Blonde wrote:Also, in other recs, parentaladvisorybullshitcontent, who is one of my favourite writers, has just started another WIP for me to check on daily - Hanging Out With Corpses - "in which Phil is a lonely ex-vampire hunter living in the city and Dan's just a pretty guy who doesn't sleep and wears a lot of black...right?" - I already love it <3

Every time she's posts a new WIP, I tell myself to please for my own sanity just wait until it's all published to read it. I always cave within 24 hrs. :snow:
Chapter 1 was so good! I'm also still really enjoying her uni WIP. I check for updates daily, sometimes more than once in a day. :help:
Lain
hobbit hair

PostPosted by The_Blonde » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:14 pm

Lain wrote:Every time she's posts a new WIP, I tell myself to please for my own sanity just wait until it's all published to read it. I always cave within 24 hrs. :snow:
Chapter 1 was so good! I'm also still really enjoying her uni WIP. I check for updates daily, sometimes more than once in a day. :help:

Omg I'm loving her uni WIP SO MUCH (it makes my day every time it gets updated, she is queen of the WIPs) - I genuinely try and leave kudos on it again whenever there's a new chapter. I want the misunderstandings sorted out but also for it to last another ten chapters.

(I always want to wait until they're complete too but I lack the willpower :snow: )
The_Blonde
sofa crease

PostPosted by mildcactus » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:12 pm

Just wanted to say I am loving these fic recs! I've found it hard in the past trawling through the archives finding good Deppy fic (i'm really picky esp when it comes to britpicking and being in character) but so many of these have ticked all the boxes and this thread is now my go-to place for new reads o3o makes this season easier! <3
mildcactus
smol bean

PostPosted by Lain » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:14 pm

snsk just posted a new (outsider POV whee!)fic - somethin' in your eyes. :gift:

The_Blonde wrote:(I always want to wait until they're complete too but I lack the willpower :snow: )

At least we're not alone in our between-updates suffering. :platonic:
Lain
hobbit hair

PostPosted by melon lord » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:21 pm

Waggle9007 wrote:

Like You is incredibly angsty, and don't worry...there's no happy ending either!!

Also there's a song in it that I literally couldn't listen to for aaaages after I read it (you'll know if you read it)

I am not okay :snow:

On the outside I seem fine, but inside I am internally screaming in tears on the floor :sobs:
:lights: :lights:
:lights: :lights:
melon lord
morning quiff

PostPosted by Waggle9007 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:26 pm

melon lord wrote:
Waggle9007 wrote:

I am not okay :snow:

On the outside I seem fine, but inside I am internally screaming in tears on the floor :sobs:

Hey, I did warn you :lol: :platonic:
Waggle9007
butt chair

PostPosted by sia » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:51 am

Waggle9007 wrote:

Not going to lie I was a bit eh about this one, spoilers but also sort off happy ending for those interested in one :lol:
I liked that the girlfriend was called Daisy, because that was how Dan called "his girlfriend" in the bubble bobble video, forgot her name half way through and tried to "steal" Phil's and ended video on the note that girlfriends will have to stay in the basement and that they will have to do without them :lol:
sia
living flop

PostPosted by Philena » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:41 am

I meant to rec this during pbb, and got completely distracted by real life. This was my second favorite pbb fic. A crime/mystery AU:
syzygy by dantiloquent
http://archiveofourown.org/works/861875 ... s/19762315
nipplenipplenipplenipplenipplenipplewoo!
Philena
morning quiff

PostPosted by Susannah » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:43 pm

Philena wrote:I meant to rec this during pbb, and got completely distracted by real life. This was my second favorite pbb fic. A crime/mystery AU:
syzygy by dantiloquent

Ooh yes i loved this one. Very well done. Side note: At first i thought the title was a code that appeared in the story, then i looked it up after and realised it's an actual word. Lolfail :facepalm:
:cactus: :cactus:
I also want to rec this lovely fic that was in my inbox this morning. I'm a sucker for introspective Dan slowly discovering his sexuality and how he wants to label himself (or not). It is canon compliant as well.

I'll meet you halfway by wepreachelectric
(formerly known as mysterylovescompany)

Susannah
procrastinator

PostPosted by gnostic » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:03 am

mysterylovescompany wrote:
Philena wrote:I meant to rec this during pbb, and got completely distracted by real life. This was my second favorite pbb fic. A crime/mystery AU:
syzygy by dantiloquent

Ooh yes i loved this one. Very well done. Side note: At first i thought the title was a code that appeared in the story, then i looked it up after and realised it's an actual word. Lolfail :facepalm:
:cactus: :cactus:
I also want to rec this lovely fic that was in my inbox this morning. I'm a sucker for introspective Dan slowly discovering his sexuality and how he wants to label himself (or not). It is canon compliant as well.

I'll meet you halfway by wepreachelectric

God I loved this one because the description of Dan's sexuality given matches mine so well
Just here for the marketing skills
gnostic
ar·tic·u·late

PostPosted by MoonPride » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:29 am

I need more jealously fics! I have read all the ones on here. Not looking for au ones though.
MoonPride
ar·tic·u·late

PostPosted by coldnnights » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:58 pm

i need a good sad/angsty fic that also has a bit of smut? I can't seem to find any good ones lately. I especially seem to like ones that are set in 2009 but i don't really care what timeline it's set in. thanks! :thanks:

(just wanted to add that the like you fic was super sad i'm in pain :snow: )
That's sum good phuel for my demon phannie needs
coldnnights
tol bean

PostPosted by Winston » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:09 pm

Moonpride and Coldnnights don't know if you have looked at mine or not. My last long one "Life without you would be a nightmare.", has jealous Dan in it quite a bit. And "I'll wait for you" with or without the alternate ending will probs make you cry Coldnnights. (Alternate ending is a breakup fic, but a happy ending) Both have smut and I don't write AU's, sorry if that is what your looking for. IF you have already read them then disregard this, or if you hate my writing also disregard. ;)
actions speak louder than words
Winston
blobfish

PostPosted by coldnnights » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:15 pm

Winston wrote:Moonpride and Coldnnights don't know if you have looked at mine or not. My last long one "Life without you would be a nightmare.", has jealous Dan in it quite a bit. And "I'll wait for you" with or without the alternate ending will probs make you cry Coldnnights. (Alternate ending is a breakup fic, but a happy ending) Both have smut and I don't write AU's, sorry if that is what your looking for. IF you have already read them then disregard this, or if you hate my writing also disregard. ;)

I'll check it out, thank you! :respekt2:
That's sum good phuel for my demon phannie needs
coldnnights
tol bean

PostPosted by kuensukki » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:56 pm

I LOVE THIS FIC SOOO MUCH IT HAD ME ROLLING ON THE GROUND :rofl: It's exactly how id imagine then handling this situation (I won't give away much) just read read read

A Stranger I Know Well by So Many Regrets
kuensukki
morning quiff

PostPosted by kuensukki » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:28 am

This is a throwback of sorts but it is absolutely hilarious in a "this is so funny and weird but also kinda hot" way You can sleep in my bed by clokkerfoot

Warning: some silliness, bad fanfic tropes and smut
kuensukki
morning quiff

PostPosted by CallMeAyana » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:29 am

So, currently, I'm trying to read every fic suggested here (despite the fact that I need to finish my movie review, but who cares, right? *cries in the corner*), and... this one.

The_Blonde wrote:

my heart will howl (till you pull it off the ground) is legit one of my favourite fics and I would say it has an angsty ending. I mean, it's ambiguous, but I definitely read it as angsty, so I hope it's the kind of thing you're looking for!

...I literally cried for 30 (35? 40?) minutes after reading it. Like, I was crying while reading it, then proceed to cry for ten minutes more, and, like, I was watching Gintama while messaging some of my old classmates, and I just... You know, cried. So randomly. Like, I was laughing at Gintama, then remember the fic, and then I'll cry. You know? Like, I'll stop myself from crying, then start all over again. Oh, by the way, on my second read, I played "All I Want" and "One Love" (by Marianas Trench, and it's great good, and it fits like that black and blue wire ring on Dan's finger. I recommend it #shamelessspon). Yeah, I'm masochistic like that.
CallMeAyana
cheeky #spon

Pronouns: Phan Trash

PostPosted by MoonPride » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:25 am

Winston wrote:Moonpride and Coldnnights don't know if you have looked at mine or not. My last long one "Life without you would be a nightmare.", has jealous Dan in it quite a bit. And "I'll wait for you" with or without the alternate ending will probs make you cry Coldnnights. (Alternate ending is a breakup fic, but a happy ending) Both have smut and I don't write AU's, sorry if that is what your looking for. IF you have already read them then disregard this, or if you hate my writing also disregard. ;)

Can you link me to that one, not sure if I have read that or not.
MoonPride
ar·tic·u·late

PostPosted by The_Blonde » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:39 am

CallMeAyana wrote:So, currently, I'm trying to read every fic suggested here (despite the fact that I need to finish my movie review, but who cares, right? *cries in the corner*), and... this one.

The_Blonde wrote:

...I literally cried for 30 (35? 40?) minutes after reading it. Like, I was crying while reading it, then proceed to cry for ten minutes more, and, like, I was watching Gintama while messaging some of my old classmates, and I just... You know, cried. So randomly. Like, I was laughing at Gintama, then remember the fic, and then I'll cry. You know? Like, I'll stop myself from crying, then start all over again. Oh, by the way, on my second read, I played "All I Want" and "One Love" (by Marianas Trench, and it's great good, and it fits like that black and blue wire ring on Dan's finger. I recommend it #shamelessspon). Yeah, I'm masochistic like that.

Pretty much my reaction when I read it for the first time :cry: I'm glad that it was what you were looking for - though now I'm wondering if I dare re-read it again while listening to those Marianas Trench songs. Such a beautiful fic.

Speaking of beautiful fics, the lovely Astronaut AU has another part and it has me all :love1:
The_Blonde
sofa crease

PostPosted by Winston » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:31 pm

MoonPride wrote:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/8122117/chapters/18618553

It's a long one just FYI. (hopefully you don't hate it. It is always kind of scary/nerve wracking suggesting your own fics. :scram: )
actions speak louder than words
Winston
blobfish

PostPosted by MoonPride » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:06 pm

Winston wrote:
MoonPride wrote:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/8122117/chapters/18618553

It's a long one just FYI. (hopefully you don't hate it. It is always kind of scary/nerve wracking suggesting your own fics. :scram: )

Ok not read this one, so going to settle down and start it now :D
MoonPride
ar·tic·u·late

PostPosted by Skylar » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:40 pm

Er I'm not sure if I can ask for recs here..uhm. I was looking for some cute fluffy Phanfics or any with angst but has a happy ending? Thank you ;w;

"this isn't a forever home."
Skylar
cheeky #spon

Pronouns: they/their/them

PostPosted by Lain » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:39 pm

Skylar wrote:Er I'm not sure if I can ask for recs here..uhm. I was looking for some cute fluffy Phanfics or any with angst but has a happy ending? Thank you ;w;

I would recommend basicallymonsters if you're looking for angst (and some fluff).

Also here a few fluffy fics by dizzy, but you should really just read all of her phanfics tbh.
Lain
hobbit hair

PreviousNext

Return to danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil