Re: Youtube Events

PostPosted by IckleMissMayhem » Wed May 18, 2016 12:08 pm

IckleMissMayhem
full-time internet hobo

Pronouns: she/her

PostPosted by asimfrickinzazzed » Wed May 18, 2016 1:05 pm

IckleMissMayhem wrote:

returns from lurkdom for a split second to promo real quick. if anyone's going to vidcon, check the meetup out! i'll be there (and hosting it actually), which also brings me to: If anyone has any suggestions of what should happen aside from general socializing, lmk! was thinking of some kind of trivia game or icebreaker but :shrug:
asimfrickinzazzed
dank meme

PostPosted by manged » Wed May 18, 2016 1:24 pm

asimfrickinzazzed wrote:returns from lurkdom for a split second to promo real quick. if anyone's going to vidcon, check the meetup out! i'll be there (and hosting it actually), which also brings me to: If anyone has any suggestions of what should happen aside from general socializing, lmk! was thinking of some kind of trivia game or icebreaker but :shrug:

I won't be going, but I was wondering how exactly the meetups would be run. Is Vidcon literally just dumping a bunch of fans in a ballroom for an hour?

If that's the case, then icebreakers would probably help for those who are too awkward to mingle on their own. Maybe a game involving trashcans.
manged
sad dimple

Pronouns: sir bantsalot

PostPosted by daphenaxa » Wed May 18, 2016 2:10 pm

best taco competition
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
daphenaxa
blobfish

PostPosted by asimfrickinzazzed » Wed May 18, 2016 2:59 pm

manged wrote:
asimfrickinzazzed wrote:returns from lurkdom for a split second to promo real quick. if anyone's going to vidcon, check the meetup out! i'll be there (and hosting it actually), which also brings me to: If anyone has any suggestions of what should happen aside from general socializing, lmk! was thinking of some kind of trivia game or icebreaker but :shrug:

I won't be going, but I was wondering how exactly the meetups would be run. Is Vidcon literally just dumping a bunch of fans in a ballroom for an hour?

If that's the case, then icebreakers would probably help for those who are too awkward to mingle on their own. Maybe a game involving trashcans.

Yeah, VidCon is basically dumping a bunch of fans in a ballroom for an hour. I've been told by the manager that the room capacity is about 250, which is a lot and hopefully it won't actually fill to capacity because I'm already sweating. It can be as structured or as unstructured as I'd like but I think an icebreaker would be fun

daphenaxa wrote:best taco competition

they request i don't bring food unfortunately :/
asimfrickinzazzed
dank meme

PostPosted by daphenaxa » Wed May 18, 2016 3:35 pm

ok collective painting is really cool. Like buy huge canvas and some paint and everyone can participate a bit. I don't know about the logistic for 250 people but that's an idea
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
daphenaxa
blobfish

PostPosted by lilMango » Wed May 18, 2016 4:26 pm

asimfrickinzazzed wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:

returns from lurkdom for a split second to promo real quick. if anyone's going to vidcon, check the meetup out! i'll be there (and hosting it actually), which also brings me to: If anyone has any suggestions of what should happen aside from general socializing, lmk! was thinking of some kind of trivia game or icebreaker but :shrug:

Isn't there gonna be some video project or something? I'll be there hopefully, and it would be awesome to do icebreakers and games
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
lilMango
ar·tic·u·late

PostPosted by tilltomorrow » Thu May 19, 2016 2:58 am

I'm going to VidCon! But I'm attending as a Creator so I can't go to the meetup :?

(which is fine bc i'm awk af and a bit over the avg age anyways)
tilltomorrow
drama llama

PostPosted by asimfrickinzazzed » Thu May 19, 2016 5:46 am

lilMango wrote:Isn't there gonna be some video project or something? I'll be there hopefully, and it would be awesome to do icebreakers and games

Yeah someone asked if they could set up a video project at the meetup and I was like sure why not? A game for the Phan Trash Master with impossible trivia questions? Hmm... I was also toying around with the idea of a massive One Word Story game but idk how many would be up for that.

tilltomorrow wrote:I'm going to VidCon! But I'm attending as a Creator so I can't go to the meetup :?

(which is fine bc i'm awk af and a bit over the avg age anyways)

The fan meetups are open to any passholder. I have a Creator pass as well, but whatever floats your boat~
asimfrickinzazzed
dank meme

PostPosted by Ticia » Thu May 19, 2016 5:52 am

Random off topic: if you both are attending as creators, does it mean you are youtubers? Sorry if it's a silly question :platonic:
Ticia
haru pillow

Pronouns: her / she

PostPosted by asimfrickinzazzed » Thu May 19, 2016 6:25 am

Ticia wrote:Random off topic: if you both are attending as creators, does it mean you are youtubers? Sorry if it's a silly question :platonic:

I've made only three videos total within the past year so i wouldnt classify myself as a "creator" just yet, much less a youtuber haha. but I'm hoping the panels will inspire me to upload more often than once in a blue moon. i also decided to go with creator because I enjoy watching panels more than signings (and I already managed to meet deppy @ last year's vidcon, found that i'm not necessarily a fan of the flash m&g setup, so now there's not many benefits left for me with a community pass)
asimfrickinzazzed
dank meme

Previous

Return to Other Fandoms and Recommendations