In-Depth Bants

Other YouTubers thread

Re: Other YouTubers thread

PostPosted by manged » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:05 pm

fancybum wrote:Shane made it official that he's got a boyfriend.
From instagram:
Image
shanedawson wrote:As you guys know i've been pretty private about my personal life for the last couple years. But I also feel like i've been hiding such a huge part of my life recently and I don't want to do that anymore. So here it goes. This is Ryland. He's sweet, caring, and makes me so incredibly happy. He's also my boyfriend. He's been a really big part of my life and i'm so grateful that i met him. Don't worry, I don't want to exploit this or do "boyfriend tags" or any of that dumb shit. I just don't want to hide this part of my life especially since it makes me happy. Thank you guys for supporting me and for supporting the people in my life that I love. It means the world to me. ❤️


As an update, Ryland posted a version of that photo with their dogson, Uno and wrote:
I'm so happy these are my guys. Never did I think I could be "sweet" or "caring" but Shane's made me a better person. You're the funniest and most talented human I know. Thanks for being my "babty."

How the fuck do you even pronounce "babty"? Their combined announcement was so sappy it almost made me want to throw up, but they are quite cute as a couple ngl I ship it.

I suspect Ryland's either planning to move in or has already moved in, which could be another reason why they decided to confirm things at this time. I mean, he's over at Shane's all the time and they share a dog. As far as I know, Ryland was rooming with others, so why not move into your bf's fairly big home in the hills with a pool?

ccgs wrote: I call BS on the "i'm not gonna exploit our relationship for views" part, he's been a youtuber for his whole adult life, exploiting his personal life is what he does. I hope he doesn't, though, I want them to last.
This dude exploits his relationship with his own mother for Christ's sake. I can understand a resistance to highlighting his relationship on his channel after #Shisa (despite them still making ex tags), but come on. And it's not like Ryland is a stranger to the camera. It's only natural that we'll eventually see him in videos/ on the podcast, that shippers will bring in the views, and they'll go along with it.
Image
User avatar
manged
sad dimple
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:01 pm
Location: from bowel ;)
Pronouns: sir bantsalot

Re: Other YouTubers thread

PostPosted by papierklemmen » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:40 am

speaking of lgbt youtubers

i was looking through some old vids and revisited this video by jazza john and then the lgbt panel itself


although i don't necessarily agree with everything he says, it's interesting to see that 2 years later after that panel and this video, there's still little change in the uk youtube scene in terms of high-profile "out" lgbt youtubers. if we look at the us scene - since then we've witnessed coming-outs of connor franta, joey graceffa, shane dawson, ingrid nilsen etc. - all high profile, popular youtubers with millions of subcribers and views. throw in good ol' tyler oakley and hannah hart and we have a bunch of actual youtube STARS who get book deals, movie deals, youtube red content, their owns shows, get featured in youtube rewind and generally are on everyone's radar. uk though? we still have the same rose & rosie. jimmy came out, dodie came out as bi, but they are pretty low-key... crabstickz is barely a youtuber these days.

what is it about the uk youtube scene? of course it's a lot smaller than the us, there are more american youtubers in general, it's a bigger country, it's more "corporate" and showbizzy. but even then, it's not like uk youtube scene doesn't have their own "celebs", they have plenty (hey, gleamers). and it's strange to see such a ratio of popular lgbt youtubers between the two countries. is it because uk lgbt youtubers come out "too early"? we know connor, joey, ingrid, shane all came out when they already had 1+ million subscribers, while a lot of uk lgbt youtubers are in limbo with very few subs to begin with and even after coming out. is it just because uk youtubers are more lowkey in general? because uk youtubers don't care about sharing their personal life? is it because uk doesn't even have high profile closeted youtubers, they were just unlucky? i'm not sure who he refers to in the video, but the term "popular" might be used quite loosely and maybe he doesn't mean anyone on the level of zoella, caspar or deppy.

tl;dr it's sad that the uk youtube community still has so few lgbt representatives with actual star power (but of course it's not the fault of actual lgbt youtubers that they didn't become "stars").
User avatar
papierklemmen
blobfish
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:04 am

Re: Other YouTubers thread

PostPosted by mio » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:55 am

I just watched Jack's Halloween video on a whim and loved it! This is really well done and clever :ghost:



(spoiler because spoiler)
..is it weird that this spooked me more than most of the games of spooky week? Slightly "off" details mixed in with regular scenarios always get me. And that jumpscare :pumpkin2:
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
User avatar
mio
procrastinator
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:48 am

Re: Other YouTubers thread

PostPosted by Sakura Selfie » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:09 pm

https://www.buzzfeed.com/shannonkeating ... ugLDegxMmr

Just popping this here in case anyone hasn't seen it that'd be interested in it, it's an interview with Hannah Hart about her life, including what it's like to be an LGBT Internet personality. It's an interesting read and she's very honest, I suspect her opinions on vlogging are quite similar to deppys.
Image
User avatar
Sakura Selfie
cheeky #spon
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:03 am
Location: The capital city of Dans dimple

Re: Other YouTubers thread

PostPosted by 000dia000 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:53 am

Holy, shit this film by Sammy Paul is brilliant:

You might know Sammy by all the digs he throws at the Phandom on Twitter, and I must admit whenever I watch him in Tomska's vlogs he comes across as slightly annoying, but damn he's a good film writer and director. I love this film he's done, as well as several other's he has co-written/co-directed on his own channel as well as others that I love:



Image
User avatar
000dia000
stress mushroom
 
Posts: 610
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:17 am
Location: Ireland

Re: Other YouTubers thread

PostPosted by papierklemmen » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:55 am

I know these are already quite old (2 and 1 months respectively), but these videos of Jimmy renovating his house are so brutally honest and hilarious. :lol:
He finally bought his own place and stopped renting (when will deppy? :snow: ), but his house needs some work done and in his own dry humour Jimmy fashion he decided to showcase the DIY process on youtube and it's hysterical. Like someone commented, it's like "home and garden tv for actual broke young people" :lol:





in fact, I like all of his "domestic" (lol) vids, like q&a while cleaning an oven... oh Jimmy!
User avatar
papierklemmen
blobfish
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:04 am

Re: Other YouTubers thread

PostPosted by fancybum » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:27 pm

papierklemmen wrote:I know these are already quite old (2 and 1 months respectively), but these videos of Jimmy renovating his house are so brutally honest and hilarious. :lol:
He finally bought his own place and stopped renting (when will deppy? :snow: ), but his house needs some work done and in his own dry humour Jimmy fashion he decided to showcase the DIY process on youtube and it's hysterical. Like someone commented, it's like "home and garden tv for actual broke young people" :lol:

in fact, I like all of his "domestic" (lol) vids, like q&a while cleaning an oven... oh Jimmy!

I've been loving these too! He should get into the BONCAs lifestyle category next year if he actually keeps it up :lol: I really love his ChelsandJim vids too, the two of them are so great together. You know what, as boring as it tended to be, I kind of miss Cereal Time just for the daily Jimmy fix (no offense to Charlie, but he's kind of like watching a piece of soggy bread the past couple of years oop, but definitely no offense).

Is anybody partaking in any Vlogmas festivities? I don't really care about most daily vlogging, but I'm watching Jenna Marbles vlogfuck and it's been pretty great, I've had Body Massage running through my mind for days and I don't think it's going away anytime soon:

Skip to 1:19-2:50 to have your life changed forever:



Skip to 4:00 to just slightly alter your already-changed life forever some more:


Art.

Coming in second place for best Vlogmas imo is Jacksfilms. I think he must have burned himself out with all the vlogging because he hasn't posted an update in a couple of days now, but it was a wild ride while it lasted:



The cliffhangers though.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
Image
User avatar
fancybum
trash
 
Posts: 982
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:06 pm
Location: bork

Re: Other YouTubers thread

PostPosted by lishachi » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:48 am

anyone here like markiplier and jacksepticeye?
probably off topic, but i have no one to talk to about this so interested to see if anyone thinks the same.
i've been watching both for longer than a year now, jack has always been sweet and kind and lovely and he is probably one of my favourite youtubers up there with d&p.
now mark, i found him through FNAF (pretty sure it was a suggested video from watching jack? idk)
thought he was hilarious, he had brown hair and was super cute in videos.
idk what happened but more than a few months ago he seemed really different? like i know people change, but his attitude and stuff like completely changed and i can't remember when this was, i can't pinpoint it, but i remember feeling like...weird? about it, because he was so different. idk. sorry if no-one knows what i'm on about, but i was wondering if anyone saw/sees the difference in him?

(also if anyone wants to talk about jack im all ears :D :love2: )
"follow your stupid fucking dreams"
User avatar
lishachi
cheeky #spon
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:08 am
Location: England
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Other YouTubers thread

PostPosted by 000dia000 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:31 pm

Dodie made a music video for a song from her new EP and I'm love with it :love1:



Also her close friend (and ex who the song is about), Sammy, who directed the video and I thought his tweet was funny:

lol
Image
User avatar
000dia000
stress mushroom
 
Posts: 610
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:17 am
Location: Ireland

Re: Other YouTubers thread

PostPosted by bee » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:57 am



Grace doing Vlogmas :stan: :rofl:
avatar by januariat
User avatar
bee
cheeky #spon
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 6:39 am

Re: Other YouTubers thread

PostPosted by nephilimcat » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:19 pm

000dia000 wrote:Dodie made a music video for a song from her new EP and I'm love with it :love1:



Also her close friend (and ex who the song is about), Sammy, who directed the video and I thought his tweet was funny:

lol


I love the music video so much, I especially love that it features two girls :love1: And the tweets are hilarious :lol:
pulvis et umbra sumus
User avatar
nephilimcat
#relatable
 
Posts: 369
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:52 am
Location: Germany
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Other YouTubers thread

PostPosted by hmm » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:40 pm

000dia000 wrote:Dodie made a music video for a song from her new EP and I'm love with it :love1:



Also her close friend (and ex who the song is about), Sammy, who directed the video and I thought his tweet was funny:

lol


gave it a listen- now im in love with this song! <3
User avatar
hmm
drama llama
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:36 am
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Other YouTubers thread

PostPosted by silverwinter » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:19 pm

this is very random and idk if anyone's really been paying attention, but trisha paytas (aka "blndsundollformj") has really taken things to the next level on her channel. her boyfriend cheated on her and she found out he was gay so she's uploaded multiple videos over the past few days of first her sobbing over said bf and then attempting to seek revenge after he threatened to sue her and just recently in the past couple hours she's released two videos announcing that she's both gay and a chicken nugget.

trisha's always been a fascinating trainwreck but this is truly something else.
silverwinter
delia smith’s placenta
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:18 am

Re: Other YouTubers thread

PostPosted by Winston » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:59 pm

silverwinter wrote:this is very random and idk if anyone's really been paying attention, but trisha paytas (aka "blndsundollformj") has really taken things to the next level on her channel. her boyfriend cheated on her and she found out he was gay so she's uploaded multiple videos over the past few days of first her sobbing over said bf and then attempting to seek revenge after he threatened to sue her and just recently in the past couple hours she's released two videos announcing that she's both gay and a chicken nugget.

trisha's always been a fascinating trainwreck but this is truly something else.


I've been getting all the notifications but I don't have that much time to watch her right now. So is he really gay? What the hell is happening? Is she really gay? I saw the notification that he was suing her and I wasn't surprised tbh. she had very little filter before, but now it seems like she has no filter whatsoever. I never really watched her too much, sometimes hauls or whatever. I'm curious, but not curious enough to watch all the content she has been pumping out the last few days. she is a train wreck that is for damn sure.
actions speak louder than words
User avatar
Winston
blobfish
 
Posts: 671
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:35 am
Location: USA
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Other YouTubers thread

PostPosted by silverwinter » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:35 pm

Winston wrote:
silverwinter wrote:this is very random and idk if anyone's really been paying attention, but trisha paytas (aka "blndsundollformj") has really taken things to the next level on her channel. her boyfriend cheated on her and she found out he was gay so she's uploaded multiple videos over the past few days of first her sobbing over said bf and then attempting to seek revenge after he threatened to sue her and just recently in the past couple hours she's released two videos announcing that she's both gay and a chicken nugget.

trisha's always been a fascinating trainwreck but this is truly something else.


I've been getting all the notifications but I don't have that much time to watch her right now. So is he really gay? What the hell is happening? Is she really gay? I saw the notification that he was suing her and I wasn't surprised tbh. she had very little filter before, but now it seems like she has no filter whatsoever. I never really watched her too much, sometimes hauls or whatever. I'm curious, but not curious enough to watch all the content she has been pumping out the last few days. she is a train wreck that is for damn sure.


honestly i don't really know myself, it makes my head hurt just thinking about it. from what i remember, he was caught doing something with a lesbian?? which made trisha lose her shit and make a video saying that he cheated. and then he was spotted in gay clubs/she somehow found out he's gay and made a video saying that he is which got a lot of backlash by people saying that she outed him. and that's supposedly why he's threatening to sue - for outing her. meanwhile trish has been losing it completely - she sobbed on camera for like three days straight saying that she's never loved anyone as much as him and that she needs him in her life to function etc etc. after he threatened to sue and stopped responding to trisha's texts, she went on revenge mode against him.

and today things have really taken a turn as first she uploaded this weird-ass video saying she wants to identify as a chicken nugget and that she doesn't want discrimination for identifying as such. then she uploaded a video saying that she's never truly been attracted to men and that women make her truly happy and that she believes she's gay. people say that she only made the video to protect herself if sean does try to sue her for outing him, that he can't claim that she's homophobic if she's gay herself. it's all very very messy that's for sure.

and idek if i have all the correct details.
silverwinter
delia smith’s placenta
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:18 am

Re: Other YouTubers thread

PostPosted by Winston » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:48 pm

:ribena:
train wreck... best adjective tbh. jeez. she needs better friends/family to rein her in a bit.
actions speak louder than words
User avatar
Winston
blobfish
 
Posts: 671
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:35 am
Location: USA
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Other YouTubers thread

PostPosted by eevee » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:25 am

If anyone finds a masterpost on this please let me know, the YTT threads about her move way too fast and are 50% baseless insults...
Image
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
User avatar
eevee
angel bean
 
Posts: 1066
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 10:26 am
Location: USA
Pronouns: She/her

Re: Other YouTubers thread

PostPosted by Sakura Selfie » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:30 am

The stuff with trisha and sean has been going on for ages she knew full well he was gay because Willam Belli outed him ages ago because he'd dated pasta body ages ago, very little of what that woman does is real she's been in this showmance for ages I stopped paying attention to her because she got boring
Image
User avatar
Sakura Selfie
cheeky #spon
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:03 am
Location: The capital city of Dans dimple

Re: Other YouTubers thread

PostPosted by eevee » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:39 pm

Sakura Selfie wrote:The stuff with trisha and sean has been going on for ages she knew full well he was gay because Willam Belli outed him ages ago because he'd dated pasta body ages ago, very little of what that woman does is real she's been in this showmance for ages I stopped paying attention to her because she got boring


I don't understand why sean can't be bisexual? :shrug:
Image
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
User avatar
eevee
angel bean
 
Posts: 1066
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 10:26 am
Location: USA
Pronouns: She/her

Re: Other YouTubers thread

PostPosted by Sakura Selfie » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:00 pm

eevee wrote:
Sakura Selfie wrote:The stuff with trisha and sean has been going on for ages she knew full well he was gay because Willam Belli outed him ages ago because he'd dated pasta body ages ago, very little of what that woman does is real she's been in this showmance for ages I stopped paying attention to her because she got boring


I don't understand why sean can't be bisexual? :shrug:


Quick TL/DR: Sean might be Bi IDK, I dislike Trish she's a vile human being living a fake life with paid friends and she's just awful.

He could be tbf, but from what Willam said his preference is definitely for men, plus there was a lot of stuff around how she met him (she literally hired him as one of the dancers in one of her shitty music videos) she has bankrolled him a lot paying for vanity projects and clothes/shoes etc and tbf I remember this from the first round of dating I haven't paid attention to the second round because after the sitting on the floor crying vids (which I think she deleted) she basically admitted he told her to go away and she couldnt cope because she literally has no friends who aren't on her payroll, she harassed him whilst he was visiting his dad In hospital for gods sake, and as for the person above who asked why her family don't get involved her mum is a freeloader who encourages her, her sister only uses her to get nice things and her brother and father basically rarely acknowledge her it's quite sad really except for the part where she's a disgusting human being and can you guess what gg thread I was on before I discovered D&p and decided to stop watching someone I seriously disliked and start watching vids I actually enjoy? This is the last thing I'm writing about her on this site because she's an absolute fucking disgrace and I refuse to acknowledge she exists again on a site about two nice people who may or may not be hiding some things but hey at least they know that dogs do have brains and don't make crappy clickbait vids or overproduced dance vids where they flail awkwardly with a professional cringing next to them or music vids that are just auto tuned to hell and still shite or mukbangs where they eat more than most people will eat in two days on one sitting like her so they've got that going for them.
Image
User avatar
Sakura Selfie
cheeky #spon
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:03 am
Location: The capital city of Dans dimple

Re: Other YouTubers thread

PostPosted by eevee » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:45 am

^ take a deep breath
Image
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
User avatar
eevee
angel bean
 
Posts: 1066
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 10:26 am
Location: USA
Pronouns: She/her

Re: Other YouTubers thread

PostPosted by IckleMissMayhem » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:12 am

Sakura Selfie wrote:
eevee wrote:
Sakura Selfie wrote:The stuff with trisha and sean has been going on for ages she knew full well he was gay because Willam Belli outed him ages ago because he'd dated pasta body ages ago, very little of what that woman does is real she's been in this showmance for ages I stopped paying attention to her because she got boring


I don't understand why sean can't be bisexual? :shrug:


Quick TL/DR: Sean might be Bi IDK, I dislike Trish she's a vile human being living a fake life with paid friends and she's just awful.

He could be tbf, but from what Willam said his preference is definitely for men, plus there was a lot of stuff around how she met him (she literally hired him as one of the dancers in one of her shitty music videos) she has bankrolled him a lot paying for vanity projects and clothes/shoes etc and tbf I remember this from the first round of dating I haven't paid attention to the second round because after the sitting on the floor crying vids (which I think she deleted) she basically admitted he told her to go away and she couldnt cope because she literally has no friends who aren't on her payroll, she harassed him whilst he was visiting his dad In hospital for gods sake, and as for the person above who asked why her family don't get involved her mum is a freeloader who encourages her, her sister only uses her to get nice things and her brother and father basically rarely acknowledge her it's quite sad really except for the part where she's a disgusting human being and can you guess what gg thread I was on before I discovered D&p and decided to stop watching someone I seriously disliked and start watching vids I actually enjoy? This is the last thing I'm writing about her on this site because she's an absolute fucking disgrace and I refuse to acknowledge she exists again on a site about two nice people who may or may not be hiding some things but hey at least they know that dogs do have brains and don't make crappy clickbait vids or overproduced dance vids where they flail awkwardly with a professional cringing next to them or music vids that are just auto tuned to hell and still shite or mukbangs where they eat more than most people will eat in two days on one sitting like her so they've got that going for them.

You be careful sitting on that fence... you'll get splinters! :rofl:
User avatar
IckleMissMayhem
full-time internet hobo
 
Posts: 1868
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:59 pm
Location: UK
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Other YouTubers thread

PostPosted by Sakura Selfie » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:31 pm

There should have been a lot more structure and punctuation in that rant tbf

@ickle lol gotta admit trish is a very marmite youtuber, you either love or hate her if you watch her vids
Image
User avatar
Sakura Selfie
cheeky #spon
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:03 am
Location: The capital city of Dans dimple

Re: Other YouTubers thread

PostPosted by fancybum » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:20 pm

Trigger Warning :
Body issues / self-loathing / Shane Dawson / awks



5:55 - Every year when YT Rewind comes around, it's ironically at a really bad time in my life where I feel bad about myself.
In my videos I'm comfortable because I'm holding the camera, I'm controlling the lights, I am wearing what I wanna wear. When somebody else is in control, I get anxiety because I know I don't have control. Because, spoiler alert, I have issues with my body so when the camera's not [placed specifically by me], I feel fat.

10:20 - It makes me really fucking sad because I look at [YT Rewind] when it comes out and like every YTer's in it, it's all epic and everyone's excited, you know, and here I am, not in it because... This is getting really fucking sad, I did not mean for this video to get sad. But. Sorry. Here I am looking at it thinking, "Oh, I missed out because I fucking hate myself."


Soooo ok.

70% of the time I think Shane is a gross asshole who needs to grow up
10% he's just gross and needs to stop talking about his crusty dick and dead grandma
5% he's painfully hilarious and maybe even sweet
5% he's a fucking idiot who doesn't understand valid criticism or when to Stop
6% he's a fucking mess and I relate too hard
4% Mixed Emotions (but also pls stop talking for the love of fuck)

Here we are with the 'relating too hard' and I want to comfortingly pat his shoulder from a distance. Didn't do YT Rewind because he was deep into self body-hatred when it was filming time and the lack of control over the situation (clothing/lighting/angles/etc) was too much to handle. Like I get it so hard it hurts. It's not the same issues; I don't have body dysmorphia like he does but I have a bunch of self-image/worth issues tied up with anxiety, like I'll never be good enough unless I'm perfect (and in what way? the only thing I have much control over is physically, and I don't have enough control there). And perfection isn't attainable anyway (unless it is but just not for me because I'm really that terrible) therefore I am a worthless failure and deserve misery and death (it's fine, I've got '....therapy?' on my 2017 resolutions loool but idk). Holy oversharing Batman.

Anyway it's shit like this that keeps my soft spot... soft (ew) for Shane because I don't feel like many people are quite so open with their actual issues (like people joke about their social anxiety but they don't talk in depth about it in a way that I can actually relate to-- like Grace Helbig and even Dan are like 'lol social interaction ew' but they still turn up to events and whatnot, they're still functional AND I KNOW that doesn't invalidate their struggles with it, I can see it clearly in both of them, but them overcoming/appearing to overcome it for things more often than not isn't something I have enough experience with yet) so Shane straight up saying he hated himself too much to leave the house for something that meant a lot to him is MEEEE (again, even though it's not necessarily the same anxieties or issues). All his 'joking' about self hatred and s****** and eating disorders, I find it kind of comforting? 'Hey, I hate myself too! Hey, I hate my body too! I also would like to k*** myself!' And that he can say these things with some humour is a breath of fresh air to me (but I also totally understand other people not 'appreciating' it in the same way and instead just finding it triggering/offensive).

Who else is out there that can do this without also oversharing about things I don't want to know about, or getting too into other people's goddamn business so carelessly because they lack certain kinds of self-awareness? (I'm actually asking). Shane Dawson is a blessing and a curse, but I feel like I understand him more than people I would like to, which I don't think really says good things about me? But again, #therapy2017maybe so :shrug: But yeah, videos like this and his body dysmorphia one(s) and the coming out, they make me want good things for him. It's probably just because of projecting, but it's like if he can get better and start to understand and accept himself, so can I, so can anybody. But probably not.
clearly the holidays did me good... :snow: :ravetree:

Also, for many of the same reasons, I really miss Drew Monson uploading regularly. sigh.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
Image
User avatar
fancybum
trash
 
Posts: 982
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:06 pm
Location: bork

Re: Other YouTubers thread

PostPosted by papierklemmen » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:56 am

fancybum wrote:
Trigger Warning :
Body issues / self-loathing / Shane Dawson / awks



5:55 - Every year when YT Rewind comes around, it's ironically at a really bad time in my life where I feel bad about myself.
In my videos I'm comfortable because I'm holding the camera, I'm controlling the lights, I am wearing what I wanna wear. When somebody else is in control, I get anxiety because I know I don't have control. Because, spoiler alert, I have issues with my body so when the camera's not [placed specifically by me], I feel fat.

10:20 - It makes me really fucking sad because I look at [YT Rewind] when it comes out and like every YTer's in it, it's all epic and everyone's excited, you know, and here I am, not in it because... This is getting really fucking sad, I did not mean for this video to get sad. But. Sorry. Here I am looking at it thinking, "Oh, I missed out because I fucking hate myself."


Soooo ok.

70% of the time I think Shane is a gross asshole who needs to grow up
10% he's just gross and needs to stop talking about his crusty dick and dead grandma
5% he's painfully hilarious and maybe even sweet
5% he's a fucking idiot who doesn't understand valid criticism or when to Stop
6% he's a fucking mess and I relate too hard
4% Mixed Emotions (but also pls stop talking for the love of fuck)

Here we are with the 'relating too hard' and I want to comfortingly pat his shoulder from a distance. Didn't do YT Rewind because he was deep into self body-hatred when it was filming time and the lack of control over the situation (clothing/lighting/angles/etc) was too much to handle. Like I get it so hard it hurts. It's not the same issues; I don't have body dysmorphia like he does but I have a bunch of self-image/worth issues tied up with anxiety, like I'll never be good enough unless I'm perfect (and in what way? the only thing I have much control over is physically, and I don't have enough control there). And perfection isn't attainable anyway (unless it is but just not for me because I'm really that terrible) therefore I am a worthless failure and deserve misery and death (it's fine, I've got '....therapy?' on my 2017 resolutions loool but idk). Holy oversharing Batman.

Anyway it's shit like this that keeps my soft spot... soft (ew) for Shane because I don't feel like many people are quite so open with their actual issues (like people joke about their social anxiety but they don't talk in depth about it in a way that I can actually relate to-- like Grace Helbig and even Dan are like 'lol social interaction ew' but they still turn up to events and whatnot, they're still functional AND I KNOW that doesn't invalidate their struggles with it, I can see it clearly in both of them, but them overcoming/appearing to overcome it for things more often than not isn't something I have enough experience with yet) so Shane straight up saying he hated himself too much to leave the house for something that meant a lot to him is MEEEE (again, even though it's not necessarily the same anxieties or issues). All his 'joking' about self hatred and s****** and eating disorders, I find it kind of comforting? 'Hey, I hate myself too! Hey, I hate my body too! I also would like to k*** myself!' And that he can say these things with some humour is a breath of fresh air to me (but I also totally understand other people not 'appreciating' it in the same way and instead just finding it triggering/offensive).

Who else is out there that can do this without also oversharing about things I don't want to know about, or getting too into other people's goddamn business so carelessly because they lack certain kinds of self-awareness? (I'm actually asking). Shane Dawson is a blessing and a curse, but I feel like I understand him more than people I would like to, which I don't think really says good things about me? But again, #therapy2017maybe so :shrug: But yeah, videos like this and his body dysmorphia one(s) and the coming out, they make me want good things for him. It's probably just because of projecting, but it's like if he can get better and start to understand and accept himself, so can I, so can anybody. But probably not.
clearly the holidays did me good... :snow: :ravetree:

Also, for many of the same reasons, I really miss Drew Monson uploading regularly. sigh.


Yeah..... Shane is such a weird character. He's really gross (like, I don't even think it's played up a lot of times), but there are these moments of honesty when he talks about his issues and what he's gone through and you just feel for him. I hope his resolution will come true and he will manage to be in a Youtube Rewind - even if he's a terrible human, lol.
User avatar
papierklemmen
blobfish
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:04 am

PreviousNext

Return to Other Youtubers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests