Support the forum and those in need: celebrate Bantmas!

A permanent home for threads that will no longer be updated.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Question! What's better than Interactive Idiots? What's better than gamingmas? What's at least as good as seventeen pages of heated discourse on fringe vs quiff?

Yeah, you guessed it. An In Depth Bants coffee mug! Something perfect to sip that tea from while you mentally write out the perfect scintillating post response. What, don't drink tea? Then um... a sticker. To... stick. On things. Anyway. The point is: IDB merch!

This Redbubble store will be up from Dec 1 through Dec 30, and will disappear henceforth after that. (Unless this is a success, in which case it will disappear for approximately eleven months and then be back.)

Now: why are we doing this? Because this forum costs money to run, and we just blew all of ours on tickets to see some idiots on a stage next year.

(#joking) (like, not really, we did spend a lot of money on tickets) (but still #joking)

The truth is: as this forum has grown, the costs associated with it have grown as well. Up to this point, the mod/admin team have paid out of pocket for these forum expenses... but as I'm sure a lot of you remember, we had some issues this year with our previous host being bought out. Our new host has been amazing in terms of helping us get re-situated and keeping everything running smoothly, but it comes at a substantially higher cost. In 2018, we anticipate that the forum will cost around $200 total to keep operational and this is our effort to ensure that we can keep things running without constant concern. And, you know - hopefully it'll be kinda fun for you guys, too.

And this isn't just for us! We're splitting proceeds 50/50 with a charity, and to make it even better... You guys get to pick the charity! We've whittled it down to a short list, but the final vote is yours. You can access that poll right here and choose between Young Minds (child and adolescent mental health), Stand Up to Cancer (cancer research), Water.org (promoting safe water access #stayhydrated), or Stonewall (UK-based lgbtq equality).

Want to help, but don't want to buy anything? We've set up a paypal donation link right here.

As we are only seeking to raise enough money to cover forum costs and no more, should we happen to meet our goal for IDB then from that point on 100% of what's purchased or donated after that will go to the charity voted on.

Now check out some of what we've got!

If you have any questions/comments/concerns please feel free to ask below! And a special thanks to catallena for allowing us to capitalize (get it?) on her wit, and savvymavvy for the Shiba art! :)
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

This was a labor of love from the whole mod team and I'm soooo excited it's finally live! From design contributions to logistics, we all worked our tail-feathers off and I'm proud to see it all come together

Hope you guys enjoy the merch and have a very merry Bantmas! :ravetree:

(Also, @alittledizzy can confirm. The mugs are chic af!)
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

these are so cute!!! i feel really bad though because i can't buy any merch or donate anything because i'm broke :c
:transheart:
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop
Pronouns: She/Her

Literally just brought two mugs (one for me and one for my sister for Christmas) and a sticker.

Put anything on a mug and I will buy it!!!
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
Ablissa
pastel persona

Aaaah I'm loving this! What a wonderful idea! I love all the designs <3 I need me one of those shiba mugs.
I'm broke after getting my deppy tour ticket, but I will try to donate (or maybe buy the mug if I can afford it) after my payday!
adequate duck
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: she/they

I just bought some stuff and donated via paypal. If you guys end up short for cash for 2018, please let me know (via PM if you like), I'll totally pony up to keep idb lights on for another year at least.
"don't respect any ducks" - phil lester
dailybooth
glabella
Pronouns: She/Her

was on redbubble ordering my bestie a LotR mug and just couldn't resit buying myself one of the IDB shibes mugs!! (plus it gave me a discount for ordering two lol). I always end up getting myself something while holiday shopping, but I don't feel guilty this time since it's going towards keeping this wonderful forum going/a charity :love2:
:lion: :prideflag:
fondsmiles
phabergé

THESE ARE SO WONDERFULLY GORGEOUS! i saw them on twitter today and felt immediately bad for not having been on here to hear about them right away. I love the mugs. I love the DEPPY stickers. I love CapitaLester I love the cutesie shibe art (although, it feels slightly furry-esque. maybe it will make dan buy one, who knows)

because I have too many mugs already and also stickers that i don't know where to stick at, I don't think I will order some - but I'm gonna donate some money anyway, because i feel like this forum is a blessing and a gift and I want to support you for all the work you do behind the scenes (and in front of the scenes, like now, i guess).
you're all great!!
[x]
[x]
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm happy to report that between Redbubble shop sales and a few donations from lovely people, we raised $210 in December! Half of this will go towards maintaining the forum for 2018 - which includes domain registration and monthly hosting fees.

The other half (which equates to £78) has been donated to Young Minds, the charity that received the most votes in our donation selection poll.

We cannot thank you guys enough. Hope you are all enjoying your mugs and stickers and whatever else you bought, while knowing your money went to something worthwhile!
Last edited by mermaid blood on Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spoiler tags
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

That's wonderful! I'm glad this was a success. <3
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr