Requests

Post questions, comments, concerns, and suggestions about this forum here.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

Since people are posting their requests in the D&P forum, if there is something you would want added to the forum please put it below and we will try our best to get it sorted for you.

Things that have already been requested and added:
offtopic button
spoiler button
strike button
twitter button
youtube button
vine button

Things that have been requested and unfortunately are not possible as yet:
Thanks button
Tapatalk function

Things that have been requested and currently just not work because they are annoying af:
Instagram button

Go go go :)
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

Is there a way we can centralised our posting (centre, instead of normal left alignment).
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

sweetmm wrote:Is there a way we can centralised our posting (centre, instead of normal left alignment).
Done.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Trigger Warning :
Testing testing 123
daichii
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she | her

thanks for all the things you've added!
Is there any other mobile app that may be friendly with this board?
I dont mind using this on my mobile browser, it's a million times better than GG but it would be nice to access it easily through an app
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

this is very random and i feel bad requesting things when you guys are doing so much already (also not sure if anyone else will agree with this suggestion), but is it possible to make the 'post/message' space of the forum not so wide? you know, the way gg has a margin on the sides? i just find it easier to read when the lines aren't so long

of course feel free to ignore me if everyone else likes it wider and don't have this weird issue i have
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

trashqueen wrote:this is very random and i feel bad requesting things when you guys are doing so much already (also not sure if anyone else will agree with this suggestion), but is it possible to make the 'post/message' space of the forum not so wide? you know, the way gg has a margin on the sides? i just find it easier to read when the lines aren't so long

of course feel free to ignore me if everyone else likes it wider and don't have this weird issue i have
It's not random because I know exactly what you mean, we will look into it and try to get it sorted :)
daichii wrote:thanks for all the things you've added!
Is there any other mobile app that may be friendly with this board?
I dont mind using this on my mobile browser, it's a million times better than GG but it would be nice to access it easily through an app
I don't know of any, but if you do feel free to let us know and we can look into it
human
dan hand trash

Please is it possible for the avatars to be switched to the right hand side like on GG?

Also querying the possibility of a mobile layout for when accessing the website on a phone but I'm not sure if that is possible on prophpbb.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

human wrote:Please is it possible for the avatars to be switched to the right hand side like on GG?

Also querying the possibility of a mobile layout for when accessing the website on a phone but I'm not sure if that is possible on prophpbb.
Nope - we can't install mods like that unfortunately, they're the installed ones like the thanks mod, they just won't work with this type of board.

I have no idea about a mobile layout (when I look at it on my phone it appears just like GG used to), but if anyone knows a way of doing this then let us know.
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

Like umh... Starting from Wednesday, when I have more time....

I could help... considering the fact that I have made websites/forums before and I work in IT...

Just saying... Don't mind me.
But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

sweetmm
angel bean

missemma wrote:
sweetmm wrote:Is there a way we can centralised our posting (centre, instead of normal left alignment).
Done.
akui
blobfish

Can we make this forum more cellphone friendly pleeeese?
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

akui wrote:Can we make this forum more cellphone friendly pleeeese?
We are working on something as I type this so fingers crossed that it works
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

The index page is worse, forum section is better...

I don't know how to feel.
But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

blueapple_x
flower crown

Can we have a tumblr button as well please so we can view tumblr images/gifs in the chat? That's one thing GG didn't have lol.

Also: Can we be allowed to edit/delete our posts at any time without having a time limit?
Vivastian
crusty sponge

blueapple_x wrote:Can we have a tumblr button as well please so we can view tumblr images/gifs in the chat? That's one thing GG didn't have lol.

Also: Can we be allowed to edit/delete our posts at any time without having a time limit?
As of right now, there is no bb code that allows us to embed Tumblr posts, apologies! You can however use the Image

And then you can insert a credit link:

Credit

We've decided against giving users unlimited time to edit posts, to make back-reading easier and to prevent conflicts between posters that could arise over what was said/what was not. The time has been extended from GG's 5 minutes though; you now have 15!

edit: If you have something that needs to be edited for a good reason (e.g. social media details you wish you hadn't shared), you can ask a mod to change it via the report function. (It's the exclamation mark at the top of a post.)
GG wrote:*the site that shall not be named, ty
mez29
procrastinator

Vivastian wrote:We've decided against giving users unlimited time to edit posts, to make back-reading easier and to prevent conflicts between posters that could arise over what was said/what was not. The time has been extended from GG's 5 minutes though; you now have 15!
Is unlimited deletion allowed though? I'd feel a bit uneasy about not being able to delete stuff I've put online (especially if it's about, to take a completely random example, Dan's thighs).

(thanks for all your hard work )
Vivastian
crusty sponge

mez29 wrote:
Vivastian wrote:We've decided against giving users unlimited time to edit posts, to make back-reading easier and to prevent conflicts between posters that could arise over what was said/what was not. The time has been extended from GG's 5 minutes though; you now have 15!
Is unlimited deletion allowed though? I'd feel a bit uneasy about not being able to delete stuff I've put online (especially if it's about, to take a completely random example, Dan's thighs).

(thanks for all your hard work )
The same goes for deletion! You can use the report function and it'll be deleted (assuming it's appropriate). :D
GG wrote:*the site that shall not be named, ty
jesp
why bother

Moderator Action

Moved thread from Off Topic to General Forum Information.
blueapple_x
flower crown

Vivastian wrote:
blueapple_x wrote:Can we have a tumblr button as well please so we can view tumblr images/gifs in the chat? That's one thing GG didn't have lol.

As of right now, there is no bb code that allows us to embed Tumblr posts, apologies! You can however use the Image

And then you can insert a credit link:

Credit

We've decided against giving users unlimited time to edit posts, to make back-reading easier and to prevent conflicts between posters that could arise over what was said/what was not. The time has been extended from GG's 5 minutes though; you now have 15!

edit: If you have something that needs to be edited for a good reason (e.g. social media details you wish you hadn't shared), you can ask a mod to change it via the report function. (It's the exclamation mark at the top of a post.)
Ok fair enough! Thanks!!
felucca
truth bomb

Jesp that is the most beautiful avatar I have ever seen.

I dunno how you people managed to get this thing working AT ALL and I'm so impressed, I almost feel bad for leaving suggestions. :lol: This is purely about looks and has nothing to do with functionality:

I noticed when people write longer posts, they become very very compact. I think it would be more pleasant to read the forum if the distance between each line was increased slightly. This would also fix the problem where adding a regular emoji like :D messes with the formatting because the emoji's too big to fit in the small rows. (See, the 2nd and 3rd row now have a longer distance between them than the 1st and 2nd, just because of the emoji - that's the distance it should ideally be, I think, get some space in there.)

Also slightly emo that this forum only allows for 197 KiB avatars when GG allowed for 297, my licking!Dan is all tiny and blurry now.
dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

:dh:
spider
ar·tic·u·late

A full editor with smilies and BBCode shortcuts in the quick reply box would be convenient if possible. Thanks for all the hard work.
blueapple_x
flower crown

missemma wrote:
trashqueen wrote:this is very random and i feel bad requesting things when you guys are doing so much already (also not sure if anyone else will agree with this suggestion), but is it possible to make the 'post/message' space of the forum not so wide? you know, the way gg has a margin on the sides? i just find it easier to read when the lines aren't so long

It's not random because I know exactly what you mean, we will look into it and try to get it sorted :)
Idk if this is the opposite of what you guys are talking about but if it is, I was wondering if we could have the option to adjust how wide we want the posts/chat instead of only having it one set way. Personally, I got used to the format of the website that will not be named and now reading these posts makes things look a bit too squished for me since the white margins are huge on each side of the post and the width of the post itself is smaller. :geek:
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

felucca wrote:Also slightly emo that this forum only allows for 197 KiB avatars when GG allowed for 297, my licking!Dan is all tiny and blurry now.
The Avatar settings page says: "Please also note that file size limits are only imposed on uploaded avatars, they do not apply to remotely linked images." Is there a way you can remotely link yours?
busy being happy~
felucca
truth bomb

oqua wrote:
felucca wrote:Also slightly emo that this forum only allows for 197 KiB avatars when GG allowed for 297, my licking!Dan is all tiny and blurry now.
The Avatar settings page says: "Please also note that file size limits are only imposed on uploaded avatars, they do not apply to remotely linked images." Is there a way you can remotely link yours?
I tried but it just gives me an error message, saying The avatar’s filesize must be between 0 and 197 KiB.
dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

:dh: