Requests

Post questions, comments, concerns, and suggestions about this forum here.
daphenaxa
blobfish
Posts: 680
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:32 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Requests

Post by daphenaxa » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:19 pm

Is there gonna be a "like" function to like/thank posts?
I compulsively want to like SO MANY posts and I feel all restless
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)



sweetmm
angel bean
Posts: 1051
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:49 pm
Pronouns: She/Her
Location: GMT +8

Re: Requests

Post by sweetmm » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:31 am

felucca wrote:
oqua wrote:
felucca wrote:Also slightly emo that this forum only allows for 197 KiB avatars when GG allowed for 297, my licking!Dan is all tiny and blurry now.
The Avatar settings page says: "Please also note that file size limits are only imposed on uploaded avatars, they do not apply to remotely linked images." Is there a way you can remotely link yours?
I tried but it just gives me an error message, saying The avatar’s filesize must be between 0 and 197 KiB.
Yeah sometimes remotely link will also not work, I had to resize and upload it
http://ezgif.com/resize
Image

jess
living flop
Posts: 122
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:26 pm
Location: California

Re: Requests

Post by jess » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:15 am

sweetmm wrote:
felucca wrote:
oqua wrote:
felucca wrote:Also slightly emo that this forum only allows for 197 KiB avatars when GG allowed for 297, my licking!Dan is all tiny and blurry now.
The Avatar settings page says: "Please also note that file size limits are only imposed on uploaded avatars, they do not apply to remotely linked images." Is there a way you can remotely link yours?
I tried but it just gives me an error message, saying The avatar’s filesize must be between 0 and 197 KiB.
Yeah sometimes remotely link will also not work, I had to resize and upload it
http://ezgif.com/resize
Remote linking should work. Where are you trying to link from? I uploaded mine to giphy.com. Unfortunately, the site gives you a short URL when you upload, so you actually have to go in manually & find the real link to the GIF.

For example:

If you wanted to link winking Dan as your avatar, you'd have to link to this URL:

Code: Select all

https://media.giphy.com/media/5p7EdLwjR6XEA/giphy.gif
Instead of the link they provide:

Code: Select all

http://i.giphy.com/5p7EdLwjR6XEA.gif


The correct GIF URL can be found by right clicking on the image & selecting "copy image address" or whatever your browser's equivalent of that function is.

Hopefully that makes sense?

User avatar
Anonymousse
flower crown
Posts: 738
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:20 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Eastern Europe

Re: Requests

Post by Anonymousse » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:21 am

This isn't a design request, but I remember that someone was planning to do this on GG.

"The coincidences thread" How many times we "predicted" something or it seemed that they were reading threads on GG. Starting with the latest "What's in Dans hair".
But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged


shikaritrash
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:28 pm
Location: London

Re: Requests

Post by shikaritrash » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:52 pm

First of all, thank you for making such a great place, the forum looks good now you did a good job

I was wondering, about smileys, is there any way we could have them in categories? I remember doing that on my forums some time ago and it made it a bit easier to navigate. That would be amazing! :D

and if you ever need anything i used to be on many forums and own and manage some so i might remember some stuff. and i'm also not too bad at graphic design. so yeah if you need anything i am here
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ dan senses tingling 24/7 soz ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

User avatar
iero
hobbit hair
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:49 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: UK

Re: Requests

Post by iero » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:44 pm

one suggestion, if it's possible, is to have the 'view new posts' link on every page? i can only see it if i go to the main page first
dno it just seems like it'll make checking for new posts a bit easier! that's if people other than me use that link
Image

oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert
Posts: 1065
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:05 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: California, USA

Re: Requests

Post by oqua » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:39 am

:rage:
shikaritrash wrote:First of all, thank you for making such a great place, the forum looks good now you did a good job

I was wondering, about smileys, is there any way we could have them in categories? I remember doing that on my forums some time ago and it made it a bit easier to navigate. That would be amazing! :D

and if you ever need anything i used to be on many forums and own and manage some so i might remember some stuff. and i'm also not too bad at graphic design. so yeah if you need anything i am here
What kind of organization do you suggest? They're basically organized with the more "normal" emoticons on the first page, and the more random ones only available if you click "view more smilies."
“Child.”
-Kathryn Lester

User avatar
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious
Posts: 667
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:18 am

Re: Requests

Post by rizzo » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:43 am

Poppin' in to note that there's a nice mobile mod with pretty solid reviews that could get this forum properly mobile-friendly: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... er_mobile/

It involves a bit of work, but I thought it could be handy if you guys wanna get that fancy. Haha.

I'm happy to help if needed. :)

shikaritrash
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:28 pm
Location: London

Re: Requests

Post by shikaritrash » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:36 pm

oqua wrote::rage:
shikaritrash wrote:First of all, thank you for making such a great place, the forum looks good now you did a good job

I was wondering, about smileys, is there any way we could have them in categories? I remember doing that on my forums some time ago and it made it a bit easier to navigate. That would be amazing! :D

and if you ever need anything i used to be on many forums and own and manage some so i might remember some stuff. and i'm also not too bad at graphic design. so yeah if you need anything i am here
What kind of organization do you suggest? They're basically organized with the more "normal" emoticons on the first page, and the more random ones only available if you click "view more smilies."
here is me over analyzing your first smiley and thinking i did something wrong :oops:

I think maybe we could have, like, categories in a drop down menu (forgot how to properly call that) directly next to the post, next to 'smilies', or something like that, so that we don't have to open a pop-up window to access the other smileys. I don't know if that makes sense. Even if it's not really divided in particular categories and just called "page 1", "page2" etc I think it would be a little more convenient.

Then again it's okay like this, it's just a suggestion :)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ dan senses tingling 24/7 soz ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

User avatar
mermaid blood
angel bean squish
angel bean squish
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:48 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Requests

Post by mermaid blood » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:34 am

pinning current main D&P threads (eg. '...Part 3); when they close, un-pinning and letting them drop.

could just help draw the eye to the general discussion more, rather than having to scan up and down the list every time you visit to see where it is.
art in avatar by Lily

oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert
Posts: 1065
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:05 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: California, USA

Re: Requests

Post by oqua » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:28 am

shikaritrash wrote:here is me over analyzing your first smiley and thinking i did something wrong :oops:

I think maybe we could have, like, categories in a drop down menu (forgot how to properly call that) directly next to the post, next to 'smilies', or something like that, so that we don't have to open a pop-up window to access the other smileys. I don't know if that makes sense. Even if it's not really divided in particular categories and just called "page 1", "page2" etc I think it would be a little more convenient.

Then again it's okay like this, it's just a suggestion :)
LOLOLOL, that random angry smiley was totally an accident! I am so sorry! Also I just re-read my reply and sorry if my reply sounded passive-aggressive or something; I was genuinely just asking for your suggestions. Anyway, I don't think there's a way to organize smilies like that with this website! If we figure something out though, I'll get back to you. :)

:rage:
mermaid blood wrote:pinning current main D&P threads (eg. '...Part 3); when they close, un-pinning and letting them drop.

could just help draw the eye to the general discussion more, rather than having to scan up and down the list every time you visit to see where it is.
Great suggestion. It is done.
“Child.”
-Kathryn Lester

karma_yeah
morning quiff
Posts: 457
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:24 am
Location: Houston, TX, USA

Re: Requests

Post by karma_yeah » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:08 am

First of all, thanks to all of you for all your hard work and making this such a special place to be. The whole vibe is SOOOO different and so much better than "the site that shall not be named".

On the main D&P thread I asked if anyone was interested in a social justice thread since we had gotten into a conversation about that a while back and some people were really into it and some seemed annoyed (I get that). And someone did say they were interested. I almost hate to ask for anything because you've already done so much. But as a suggestion, if you have time and think it would be valuable, maybe add a social justice thread.

Thanks
What goes around, comes around Image

oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert
Posts: 1065
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:05 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: California, USA

Re: Requests

Post by oqua » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:44 pm

karma_yeah wrote:First of all, thanks to all of you for all your hard work and making this such a special place to be. The whole vibe is SOOOO different and so much better than "the site that shall not be named".

On the main D&P thread I asked if anyone was interested in a social justice thread since we had gotten into a conversation about that a while back and some people were really into it and some seemed annoyed (I get that). And someone did say they were interested. I almost hate to ask for anything because you've already done so much. But as a suggestion, if you have time and think it would be valuable, maybe add a social justice thread.

Thanks
Hey! I like the social justice thread idea. :) If you want, you can make the thread yourself! Just go the danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil forum and click "new topic"! :D
“Child.”
-Kathryn Lester

shikaritrash
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:28 pm
Location: London

Re: Requests

Post by shikaritrash » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:18 pm

oqua wrote:
shikaritrash wrote:here is me over analyzing your first smiley and thinking i did something wrong :oops:

I think maybe we could have, like, categories in a drop down menu (forgot how to properly call that) directly next to the post, next to 'smilies', or something like that, so that we don't have to open a pop-up window to access the other smileys. I don't know if that makes sense. Even if it's not really divided in particular categories and just called "page 1", "page2" etc I think it would be a little more convenient.

Then again it's okay like this, it's just a suggestion :)
LOLOLOL, that random angry smiley was totally an accident! I am so sorry! Also I just re-read my reply and sorry if my reply sounded passive-aggressive or something; I was genuinely just asking for your suggestions. Anyway, I don't think there's a way to organize smilies like that with this website! If we figure something out though, I'll get back to you. :)

:rage:
:rage: All good then! :lol:
Okay no problem If I find some way to do it, I'll let you know too! :D
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ dan senses tingling 24/7 soz ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

stella
living flop
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:33 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: probably the couch

Re: Requests

Post by stella » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:07 pm

daphenaxa wrote:Is there gonna be a "like" function to like/thank posts?
I compulsively want to like SO MANY posts and I feel all restless
I second this! :)
Image
~previously known as stella2000~
I hardly ever comment, but rest assured I read every single post. I am a professional lurker.

daphenaxa
blobfish
Posts: 680
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:32 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Requests

Post by daphenaxa » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:06 pm

maybe i am incredibly stupid, is there a way to quote several? because at the moment i quote people then copy and paste several times to be able to quote several users in only one answer post.
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)

karma_yeah
morning quiff
Posts: 457
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:24 am
Location: Houston, TX, USA

Re: Requests

Post by karma_yeah » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:08 pm

How's about a haru pillow emoji (for use when we know they are hiding things from us) :D
What goes around, comes around Image

User avatar
missemma
dirty bitch
dirty bitch
Posts: 1375
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:08 pm
Location: London

Re: Requests

Post by missemma » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:12 pm

stella2000 wrote:
daphenaxa wrote:Is there gonna be a "like" function to like/thank posts?
I compulsively want to like SO MANY posts and I feel all restless
I second this! :)
At the moment we cannot install this. If we move to a new server then this is something we are definitely going to look into :)
daphenaxa wrote:maybe i am incredibly stupid, is there a way to quote several? because at the moment i quote people then copy and paste several times to be able to quote several users in only one answer post.
when you are in the reply box, underneath is a section called 'topic review' where you can quote further posts then. This is the only way to avoid copy/paste as far as I'm aware.
karma_yeah wrote:How's about a haru pillow emoji (for use when we know they are hiding things from us) :D
I like this idea. We can look into it :)
"you don't need to say pow every time I apply some wood" - Dan Howell 2015.

daphenaxa
blobfish
Posts: 680
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:32 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Requests

Post by daphenaxa » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:23 pm

missemma wrote:
stella2000 wrote:
daphenaxa wrote:Is there gonna be a "like" function to like/thank posts?
I compulsively want to like SO MANY posts and I feel all restless
I second this! :)
At the moment we cannot install this. If we move to a new server then this is something we are definitely going to look into :)
daphenaxa wrote:maybe i am incredibly stupid, is there a way to quote several? because at the moment i quote people then copy and paste several times to be able to quote several users in only one answer post.
when you are in the reply box, underneath is a section called 'topic review' where you can quote further posts then. This is the only way to avoid copy/paste as far as I'm aware.
karma_yeah wrote:How's about a haru pillow emoji (for use when we know they are hiding things from us) :D
I like this idea. We can look into it :)
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)

oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert
Posts: 1065
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:05 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: California, USA

Re: Requests

Post by oqua » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:13 am

Haru is here to caress.
“Child.”
-Kathryn Lester

karma_yeah
morning quiff
Posts: 457
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:24 am
Location: Houston, TX, USA

Re: Requests

Post by karma_yeah » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:59 am

oqua wrote:Haru is here to caress.
I think I love you. not in a Dan loves Phil way or a creepy way, just much
What goes around, comes around Image

blueapple_x
flower crown
Posts: 703
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:57 pm

Re: Requests

Post by blueapple_x » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:42 am

If it's not possible to have a thank button, is it possible to have some sort of bookmark/favourite button for documenting informative posts?

Like you know how on tumblr or twitter there's weblinks for each post...is that possible to do here?

User avatar
spider
Ar·tic·u·late
Posts: 423
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:31 am

Re: Requests

Post by spider » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:45 am

blueapple_x wrote:If it's not possible to have a thank button, is it possible to have some sort of bookmark/favourite button for documenting informative posts?

Like you know how on tumblr or twitter there's weblinks for each post...is that possible to do here?
The title of each post is a link to the post. For example click 'Re: Requests' at the top of this post.

blueapple_x
flower crown
Posts: 703
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:57 pm

Re: Requests

Post by blueapple_x » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:49 am

spider wrote:The title of each post is a link to the post. For example click 'Re: Requests' at the top of this post.
I mean where it directs you to a page specifically for that one post alone (rather than jumping to the post amongst a sea of posts that are on the same page), but I guess if you favourite the link with the #post number with your web browser, we can save posts that way?

But yeah, if it's possible to add a bookmark button that would be nice. It's no big deal if it's not possible, I just like the idea of having stuff archived on this site account rather than in my browser's favourites/bookmarks folder.

loststars
living flop
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:02 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Netherlands

Re: Requests

Post by loststars » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:42 pm

Hey guys, just wondering and I'm not sure where to post.

Do we have an offtopic/chat thread for all random/pointless conversations? Would its place be in the 'General' section? It would be a nice way to get to know each other better maybe. :)
Image
(c)itscomicdans

Post Reply