IDB Survey

A permanent home for threads that will no longer be updated.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

Dear members of IDB,

We are a curious bunch of moderators and we are interested to know the demographics of IDB. We have made a really short survey and would be grateful if people could click and complete. The survey will run for 2 weeks, after this time if people want to know the results we will publish them on here.

clickyclick for the IDB survey

Thanks
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Thank you all for completing the IDB survey, we had 344 responses in total.

The results are in *drumrolls*

Male: 8 (2.3%)
Female: 306 (89.5%)
Non-binary: 17 (5%)
Questioning: 9 (2.6%)
Other: 2 (0.6%)

<13: 1 (0.3%)
13-15: 19 (5.5%)
16-19: 80 (23.3%)
20-24: 131 (38.2%)
25-29: 64 (18.7%)
30-34: 28 (8.2%)
35-39: 8 (2.3%)
40-45: 5 (1.5%)
46+: 7 (2%)

Post regularly: 39 (11.4%)
Post occasionally: 144 (42.1%)
Only lurk: 159 (46.5%)

How did you find IDB?
There were 278 responses to this questions, the majority of which was via GG with Tumblr and Google coming a close second.
However we did have some great answers to this question, some of which are below (all anonymous but if one of the comments is yours and you want it removed, please PM me);
> Out of sheer luck. Most likely through a search for information and a link leading me there.
> I love Mandy's fics a lot and she mentioned it on tumblr or something and I was like "okay this definitely will not ruin my life" and here we are
> I was looking for Deppy's tour bus and stumbled across the forum
> Felucca's Youtube comment about IDB!
> gg --> bam day --> been here since the begining
> by accident.
> People shading you on tumblr lmao (I think it's great tho dw)
> Oqua's IDB fic.
> I noticed the sign in Dan's bedroom and wanted to know if anyone had decoded what it said. I found a discussion about it on IDB and never left!

Thank you all again for taking part, feel free to discuss the results in this thread if you want to. Maybe next time we will ask a few more questions just to see if the demographics have changed at all.
majitzu
angel bean

hahahha wow i wrote bam day instead of ban day :facepalm:

That's me
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

I'm glad to see the over-35 contingent is not as small as I feared. Shoutout to fellow middle-aged nose perverts!
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

LeftHandedism wrote:I'm glad to see the over-35 contingent is not as small as I feared. Shoutout to fellow middle-aged nose perverts!
Same. I did think the number for >35 would be smaller, but am pleased it isn't. I don't feel so old anymore
Skeletorsrighthand
living flop

Ohh god 2.3 % whats that look like 1-3 people
How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.
DryCereal
koi pond

Hey hey to the over-30s! Didn't think there was that many of us! - But aside from that, and that so many perma-lurkers responded (Hey you guys! :welcome: Post! We don't bite!!) The results were about what I expected. How about anyone else?

Some of those responses tho.
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
Skeletorsrighthand
living flop

Skeletorsrighthand wrote:Ohh god 2.3 % whats that look like 1-3 people
sorry dont mind that post, i just woke up and wasn't in my right. :facepalm: mind 8 (male) people huh.
How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.
sia
living flop

Genuinely surprised the majority are twenty-somethings, but it probably makes sense
adequate duck
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: she/they

i want to shout out to all my fellow 46+ ppl, and thank idb for being the first place to give me a survey where i got to be the very final age group. it's a life milestone ;)
"don't respect any ducks" - phil lester
throwaway
crusty sponge

sia wrote:Genuinely surprised the majority are twenty-somethings, but it probably makes sense
how so? most of their fans are 12-13?
thephandommenace
procrastinator
Pronouns: they/them

throwaway wrote:
sia wrote:Genuinely surprised the majority are twenty-somethings, but it probably makes sense
how so? most of their fans are 12-13?
Are most of them that age? But anyway, imo 12-13 year olds in the phandom probably feel more welcome and part of the majority in the YouTube comments and on Tumblr and so don't feel the need to find their own peaceful space to discuss all things Deppy. Wanting to be able to have calm, in-depth discussions is mainly what led me to seek out forums and so I found IDB :thumb:

Plus if a longtime stan started watching them at 13 in say 2010, that person would now be 20, so I think it makes sense
karma_yeah
philussy

I'll be curious to see how the survey pans out at the end of 2 weeks, and to see if it shows a higher number of us are 30 +. I'm over 30, and the first set of results were published before I got around to completing it..

My guess is that I'm not on IDB as often, or as long as, people under 30. (not meaning to sound ageist! But I have a husband and kids, so I don't have as much personal/alone time as I did when I was in my 20's)

Thanks so much for doing the survey mods <3
What goes around, comes around Image