Music thread (Kanye use limited)

Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

Are you tired of waiting for collabs that were announced months ago?

Are you nervous, that Dan and Phil are not going to feed your video needs this week?

Well then, lets discuss another topic (and something I enjoy more than Dan and Phil)

Music. :D

Any kind of music.

Kpop? Yep. Metal? Yep. Rap? Yes. Classical? All for it. Jrock? Yes please.

Please don't pull a Dan and post more than one Kanye song per page

I'll start.

A bit of nostalgia

(You have to make the HTTPS links into HTTP links for now, for the video function to work)
But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

jhamba
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her

I'm loving martinezz at this point of time, tbh. Her new video for Cry Baby recently came out, and I really like it. It was slightly dull, but I liked the slightly darker tone :D

Just trying to spread the Dangirl agenda
Lari
phillion/danosaur <//3

this my most listened to album atm mostly because i'm too lazy to change the cd in my car but also because it's amazing ;)
Winterbury
squish
Pronouns: she/her • they/them

Ohh niceee, a music thread.
Anonymousse, you definitely have a colourful taste in music lol I don't know Hirose Kohmi but damn, that song is my jam.

My newest discovery lol look at me, sounding all sophisticated are Nothing But Thieves. They supported Muse at the concert I went to and they were soo good.

Also (because how could I not) here's some pre-hiatus Fall Out Boy. Give my boys a chance if you haven't already.
Kurapika
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

I spend hours everyday watching Kpop videos and covers and dance plays and everything. I'm obsessed. Only girl groups please. (SNSD, Exid, GFriend and 4minute are my faves)

Oh, and Troye Sivan is pretty good.
the candlelight by the crescent moon
DryCereal
koi pond

Music, Yes please! Almost anything and everything. But I do have an especial soft spot for West End/Broadway musicals, classical, (though, as a 'cellist, Pachelbel can rot in hell) and film/game soundtracks.
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
Kurapika

IckleMissMayhem wrote:Music, Yes please! Almost anything and everything. But I do have an especial soft spot for West End/Broadway musicals, classical, (though, as a 'cellist, Pachelbel can rot in hell) and film/game soundtracks.
Oh my God, yes!!!!!!!! Broadway!! I love musicals so much!
Last year in May I was finally able to travel to NYC and watch a musical live, I watched Hedwig and I loved it so much, I miss it :cry:

My favorite is probably Legally Blonde though.
the candlelight by the crescent moon
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

Winterbury wrote:Ohh niceee, a music thread.
Anonymousse, you definitely have a colourful taste in music lol I don't know Hirose Kohmi but damn, that song is my jam.
I take pride in variety.. There is only one music genre that I don't like (can you guess what it is)
Kurapika wrote:Only girl groups please. (SNSD, Exid, GFriend and 4minute are my faves)
YAAS, I love Exid. I swear, I made a joke about a year ago about my two of my favourite Kpop artist, saying that "wouldn't it be funny if they had a kid?" Well those two were Junsu and Hani :?

My current Kpop bits:

----

And something meme-y for them Russian lovers here.

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

elias
phillion/danosaur <//3

+ most of the stuff under posh isolation & ascetic house
teamug

Hopelessly conventional music listener that I am.
Adore Queen, Show Must Go On, always gives me goosebumps, the lyrics and Freddie's voice and my heart just breaks.
One other favorite moment:

kudos to John and his short shorts at 1.07

Dolly Parton seems either idolized or underappreciated, and I have a fondness for yodeling (in moderation)

To complete this particular trilogy
The Eagles, Hotel California, their live performance from the Hell Freezes Over concert.

When guitars sound like violins.
DryCereal
koi pond

Kurapika wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:Music, Yes please! Almost anything and everything. But I do have an especial soft spot for West End/Broadway musicals, classical, (though, as a 'cellist, Pachelbel can rot in hell) and film/game soundtracks.
Oh my God, yes!!!!!!!! Broadway!! I love musicals so much!
Last year in May I was finally able to travel to NYC and watch a musical live, I watched Hedwig and I loved it so much, I miss it :cry:

My favorite is probably Legally Blonde though.
I can't possibly pick a favourite. Cats (NOT THE UPDATED VERSION - YEUCH!) has to have a special place in my heart as an ex-UK Tour Jellicle (though these days I look far more like Grizabella than the role(s) I played back then!!! :lol: Phantom, Wicked, Avenue Q, The Lion King, Les Miserables, West Side Story, Rent, Starlight Express, Jekyll & Hyde, Annie and Oliver are all definitely in with a shout.
Part of my bucket list is to go to NYC and spend a week seeing as many Broadway productions as I possibly can. Got irrationally jealous when I was watching a Dan liveshow from last year yesterday, and he mentioned he'd seen Book of Mormon three times, and wanted to see it again. I wanted to see it in London late last year, but was out-voted/overruled by people I was going with, we ended up seeing Wicked instead. Which I also love(d), but I'd seen the UK tour of that already. I haven't yet seen BoM, (seriously, WTF is there no UK Tour already?!) but I'm obsessed with the soundtrack!

Current obsession / on constant repeat:

and have some outrageously stereotypical 'cello whilst I'm at it...! ;)

missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Anonymousse wrote: Please don't pull a Dan and post more than one Kanye song per page
Yes, I like this rule the best
Lari wrote:

this my most listened to album atm mostly because i'm too lazy to change the cd in my car but also because it's amazing ;)
You know I love your music taste already :D

What I'm currently enjoying at the moment:
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
crash[]
butt chair

Anonymousse, that RUSSKAJA song in the OP was incredible. And weird, but mostly incredible. :lol:

I'm not someone who really follows musical artists, I just kind of latch on to whatever music I end up coming across, but I do have some reoccurring favorites.

Caravan Palace (which are somehow even more incredible live then in studio?? I don't understand.)
Madeon
Savant
There are more, I swear, but they are the main ones I check up on every once in a while.

And of course, I enjoy original soundtracks, but I'll be here all day if I start gushing about those, so I'll refrain for now. :lol:

P.S.: My laptop absolutely hates this thread.
daichii
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she | her

Yay music!

Cliche d&p fan much but I absolutely adore Muse. I swear I started listening to them waaaaay before liking phan as in over 10 years ago.

The Globalist is currently on my repeat list. Exogenesis Simphony and Showbiz are my all time faves tho.

This video (well the whole Hullabaloo concert tbh) is what got me hooked to them:
A few weeks ago a friend introduced me to Nightwish and Epica, they're so good!

My faves:

I also like to listen anime OST.

The one I always go back to is Wolf's rain

And Geneshaft

Winterbury I like Fall Out Boy too! I have so many fond memories of listening to them over and over when I was in the One Tree Hill fandom :)

teamug I love Queen too
ritardando
tol bean

Oooh music yes

Arctic Monkeys
Evil Twin:

They're good live too:

Alex's soundtrack for the movie Submarine is also really nice:
Oh Wonder
I've just started listening to them lately, and I like how soft and chill it is

Without You:

Technicolour Beat:
Tame Impala
I was so excited when Dan mentioned them in a liveshow because I love their music a LOT

Let it Happen:

Elephant:
Death Cab for Cutie
Really like their lyrics and imagery

Grapevine Fires:

Transatlanticism:
Misc
Loud Places by Jamie xx:

Sea Castle by Purity Ring:

Chicago by Sufjan Stevens:

Semi-Automatic by Twenty One Pilots (Yeah ik the most cliche band ever but I like them ok):
canvasoflife
tol bean

Broadway/musical theatre is my go-to for amazing music. I've seen 24 different musicals in the last 9 years (and I've seen Book of Mormon 3 times, and Les Miserables in London, NYC, and during a national tour). I just came back from NYC a week and half ago on a trip to see Hamilton which is my latest obsession and current favorite (I've had the cast recording on repeat since last October...). I'm not ashamed to say I will try to sell Hamilton to anyone and everyone until they are as obsessed as I am :D

My second choice for music would probably be symphonic metal and my favorites are Epica, Within Temptation, Nightwish, and After Forever.

In addition, I enjoy a wide variety of music (country, pop punk, alternative rock, pop, indie rock, and more). I get hooked by vocals usually, but sometimes I can overlook that for catchy songs (1D, Taylor Swift...).
"What makes a monster and what makes a man?"
DryCereal
koi pond

canvasoflife wrote:and I've seen Book of Mormon 3 times,
I will fight you... :twisted:
swofro
angel bean

I don't really listen to mainstream music anymore, just some oldies and movie scores. Lol.

But when I do, I think I have that mainstream taste. I listen to all Taylor Swift's until Speak Now album. I'm not interested in what she makes afterwards, just a matter of taste, not hate. I love Avril Lavinge's old song too for the same reason. Angst.

I am not ashamed to admid that I am also a massive fan of Westlife. please dont bully me I tear up watching their final concert. Have that final concert album to revisit the feeling.
My favourite song from them is World of Our Own.
My all time favourite anime is Mobile Suit Gundam Seed and it's sequel MSGSeed Destiny. Spoilers because long description and many videos.
I first watch them when I am 10 and I don't really understand what's going on but a few years ago, they remastered it and I binge watch all almost 100 episodes and fall in love again. The story is about war and love and pain and friendship and a little bit action on the side, so yeah.
The OST is super goooooooddd. Much good. Very recommend. i will just put a few here because maybe nobody like them besides me and I'm just spamming this thread
Also, all those angsty teenage song such as Simple Plan-Welcome to my life and GreenDay - Boulevard of broken dreams

Movie score. Hans Zimmer work is amazing. He is Christopher Nolan's go to person. I haven't check out Batman vs Superman so I'm not sure of this new one.

Ok, bye.
Love is forever
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

Guys am I the only person here that is listening to ZAYN's new album? :oops:
DryCereal
koi pond

OK, It's technically not music, but it is Musicals related. Specifically Wicked (Act 1). With a drunk narrator.
jaej
moon room
Pronouns: he/they/idm

i don't think i've posted on any threads like this, it's time to start :D

i should start with my icon and namesake. i love kim jaejoong's solo stuff and stuff in his new group jyj, but tvxq/tohoshinki are this is by far my favourite song he's written
i don't listen to as much other kpop these days as i used to, but i recommend bestie to any girl group fans if you don't already know them (the group is mostly ex-exid members, i'm sure?)
other than idol music, my all time favourite band is l'arc en ciel! obviously i'd recommend if you like j-rock, but their earlier stuff is just overall excellent 90s alternative rock, and i remain standing by my point that muse ripped them off in the beginning
hardly any of their music videos are online, so here's an old performance of one of my faves that shows how much of a babe hyde the singer was
my name is jaejmine masters and i have something to say. dan and phil have fucked up japan :japhan:
phil lester threw the first brick at stonewall, we love a queer icon :biflag:
Winterbury
squish
Pronouns: she/her • they/them

ritardando, you have a gr8 taste in music, haha. I loove Artic Monkeys and what they did for Submarine (especially Piledriver Waltz).

And daichii, yay, another Muse fan! They're absolutely fantastic live. Starlight was probably my favourite performance of the whole evening:

& because I have no self-control, here's another personal favourite of mine. I'm pretty sure there isn't a single Blink song I don't like but oh man, Adam's Song really hits me hard every time I listen to it.
human
dan hand trash

sweetmm wrote:Guys am I the only person here that is listening to ZAYN's new album? :oops:
Hahaha probably ;) lol j/k, I started it on Spotify and had to turn it off. Kid has a good voice and good for him for moving on from 1D and taking control of his career tbh, fair play. But the album sounds a bit boring. Would not relisten lol.

Me and missemma just got Placebo tickets for December so I've been listening to a lot of them lately. This song still strikes me as stunning, I doubt they'll play it but one can dream.

crash[]
butt chair

I'm sensing a bit of a pattern here.

If ya like late 90's/early 2000's rock and are willing to listen to some Jrock, I always recommend

the FLCL OST
and the BECK OST
And even though they don't fit the above description, JAM Project is just incredible. (I knew about them since 2007. I'm no secondary!)
jaej wrote:other than idol music, my all time favourite band is l'arc en ciel! obviously i'd recommend if you like j-rock, but their earlier stuff is just overall excellent 90s alternative rock, and i remain standing by my point that muse ripped them off in the beginning
hardly any of their music videos are online, so here's an old performance of one of my faves that shows how much of a babe hyde the singer was
Is it bad that I only about them because they did a song for FMA 2003. Because yup.
kay
phabergé

I love everything that's been posted! I'm a music business major so I'm eager to start discovering new stuff from you guys

New track from one of my favorite rock bands (The singer Alison Mosshart is also part of The Dead Weather)

this AlunaGeorge song is on repeat these days

& I just saw DJ Snake this weekend and he blew my mind love this song. and what is that josh hutcherson I've never seen this before