Music thread (Kanye use limited)

ironic
lady door

deerly wrote:
ironic wrote: I found myself covered in glitter when I came home because a lot of people from the audience had glittery faces and arms, it was pretty cool :)
Isn't it an unwritten rule to go to their gigs wearing only leather and glitter? :D I did just that.
The best thing is taking off your shoes at home, turning it upside down and watch all the glitter fall.. and fall..and then the more you shake the shoe the more glitter comes and it never.. never stops..
I wouldn't know about that, it was my first IAMX show :) and I went dressed very normal as I had to travel by train alone in the middle of the night through half of the country. But I really loved the glitter. Next time I will gladly wear only (fake)leather and glitter :D
If we all just traded in our knives for cakes, the world would be a better place.
deerly
glabella
Pronouns: they/them

ironic wrote: I wouldn't know about that, it was my first IAMX show :) and I went dressed very normal as I had to travel by train alone in the middle of the night through half of the country. But I really loved the glitter. Next time I will gladly wear only (fake)leather and glitter :D
Have to confess that I googled their performances just to look at the fans' outfits.. yeah.
Fake leather of course! Be careful, it's always so hot I had to take off my shirt and stay in bra and leather shorts haha

Just remembered another song of theirs I'd sell my soul to hear live
phamnotof wrote:I like my reserved, nerdy awkward weirdos who electroshock their balls in the privacy of their own bedroom with proper safe words and some bloody decorum.
angrymob
hobbit hair

ironic wrote:
deerly wrote:
ironic wrote: I found myself covered in glitter when I came home because a lot of people from the audience had glittery faces and arms, it was pretty cool :)
Isn't it an unwritten rule to go to their gigs wearing only leather and glitter? :D I did just that.
The best thing is taking off your shoes at home, turning it upside down and watch all the glitter fall.. and fall..and then the more you shake the shoe the more glitter comes and it never.. never stops..
I wouldn't know about that, it was my first IAMX show :) and I went dressed very normal as I had to travel by train alone in the middle of the night through half of the country. But I really loved the glitter. Next time I will gladly wear only (fake)leather and glitter :D
There was absolutely no glitter at the concert I went to, but I think IAMX has a slightly different reputation in North America than it does in Europe. There's was definitely a lot of leather though, and I basically wore my normal clothes, which are pretty much all black, so a bit glad about the lack of glitter. I was surprised there was so much nudity though, since bands usually try to tone that stuff down when they come through here even though the city I'm in is completely fine with that stuff (we're in denial that we're not actually Paris).
awkwardly
living flop

my music taste is very boring and conventional I guess it varies with age, and I don't care about genres that much - I like what I like, sometimes all songs by an artist, sometimes I listen to just one (like Alice Cooper's Poison on repeat), sometimes I stumble upon something unexpectedly like Freight Train by Elizabeth Cotton. So that makes it too many artists to name, so I'll just write what comes first to my mind

I love almost everything by Bon Jovi and Metallica I love listening and watching some Lana Del Rey songs (although the first time I saw the video for summertime sadness ... why go for the stereotype but yeah), audiomachine, ....

I also love Armin van Buuren especially his ASOT 650 set
starts @ 3:30:00 - 5:30:00
some of the songs I find #relatable
Woodkid - The golden age
Blind Melon - No Rain
OMD - Walking On The Milky Way
Woodkid - The Golden Age (official video is a bit long but worth watching )
so here is the lyrics one:

Blind Melon - No Rain

OMD - Walking On The Milky Way
'not sure if I like the song or video' songs
Of Monsters and Men - Empire
Ruby Rose - Break Free
Hayley Kiyoko - Girls Like Girls (mainly cause it seems to have a happy ending)
Of Monsters and Men - Empire

Ruby Rose - Break Free

Hayley Kiyoko - Girls Like Girls
~but the golden age is over
shikaritrash
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

human wrote:
shikaritrash wrote:
timtam wrote:I have been listening to Grimes a bit lately though. I wasn't a huge fan of her earlier albums but I absolutely love Art Angels (so does Dan I think it was on his top albums list last year).
Grimes' last album is I love it. I've known about her for a long time now but I just thought it was a bit too "weird" for me. That last album is great though. Thanks Dan. Went about 2 months listening to it all the time.
I really didn't want Dan to be right about Grimes' album, but I loved it so much on Spotify that I bought it on iTunes. Which is VERY rare for me to do! Idk why I rarely use iTunes but I pay for Spotify so it's the most convenient place for all of my music. But damn it's SO good, love it. Jammy git was right lol.
I kind of got tired of her very quickly because in the past few months I could see her in every magazine here and lots of ads everywhere and just - ugh idk. But it's still songs that I go back to listening to once in a while! Give me some time not listening to them and I'll like them again, I guess I just listened to that album a bit too much. :lol:
ironic wrote:
shikaritrash wrote: Also forgot to point out that I started listening twenty one pilots...about...a month and half ago and oh god, why have I waited so long?? I saw them everywhere on social media and never listened to them but believe me that when I did, I spent the whole day doing so and looking up the lyrics at the same time. What a wild emotional ride that was. (rip my sanity when i saw them live two weeks after and couldn't see sh*t because of people's smartphones taking shitty videos :roll: )
I love what they stand for and I believe it's a little bit what I need these days.
I started listening to twenty one pilots a few months ago because of some phandom memebers and it's the best thing I got from my little obsession with D&P :D The band immediately became one of my faves, the lyrics speak to me on a personal level, and I believe they can really be helpful. Also the music is awesome, obviously. I would love to see them performing live, but they're not coming to my country as for now. (Ugh and people taking videos and pictures at concerts all the time are so annoying!)
Yep they're ultra popular in the phandom! They're good live! But then again as I am very short and people were being rude and hiding the stage with their phones (I mean I'm not one of those people that complain about technology but dammit I couldn't see ANYTHING) I didn't enjoy it as much as I would have loved to. T'was a bit more emotional than I thought it was going to be especially since back then I'd only be listening to them for 2 weeks :lol:
And two days later I saw Enter Shikari and they absolutely freaking killed it so I guess I'm not very ojective towards that twenty one pilots show. :) but would love to see them again in a better setting!

I'm sorry I'm going to speak about Enter Shikari, probably nobody cares but I mean if I don't talk about them in this thread do I really deserve my username? :lol:
Will put my concert experience on spoiler because it's a bit long.
I've been listening to them for 6 or 7 years now (how time flies...I still think their stuff that came out in 2010 are like 2 yeas old...sigh) and I've been wanting to see them live ever since but I could NEVER. EVER. go because every show in Paris were on week days and I couldn't commute there. I wanted to see them in feb 2015 but hadn't moved to London yet, therefore I had a useless ticket and I was very sad not to go.
Fortunately, they played Ally Pally last February and oh dear was I ready. Got my ticket as soon as it was announced and I couldn't wait. Got there at 12am that day, was the 15th in line, met some lovely people and delighted it was fans around the same age (had lots of cringe time with a teenage fan at top's show two days before woops). The doors opened at 5pm but we got to see sound check which was pretty cool.
The opening bands were Arcane Roots, The King Blues ( ) and The Wonder Years, good stuff.
Enter Shikari only came on stage at 9pm and that was amaaaaaaazing, A-MA-ZING. Surround sound, giant screen and great lights I mean that was a fantastic show and I couldn't believe I was finally seeing them. Obvs I got to the barrier (I wouldn't have seen anything in this concert venue even if I was like on 4th row) and yeah. I loved it. Best thing in my year so far. Truly felt happy there
By far, the best thing was finally being surrounded by Enter Shikari fans. I listened to them for so long on my own, that I felt truly emotional all day long. That feeling of unity, that was something.
Ah I'm sorry it was a bit long but
We still don't have footage from Ally Pally (we think we're going to get a dvd but damn...i want some footage) so here is their last video, Redshift! Great song, powerful message and i totally didn't have a sudden realization i was finally seeing them live on this particular song for no reason at the gig and cried, nope totally not

If I had to describe them, I would say they're pretty unique, definitely under the rock genre umbrella and under the drum'n'bass one. A wonderful mix. Great, great, great and important lyrics about social justice, climate change, politics etc. Yeah they are pretty unique and very, very talented. Totally recommend them. And they also are the most down to earth artists I met (i was full of anxiety ugh ugh ugh @ myself) and the loveliest! Go listen to them!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ dan senses tingling 24/7 soz ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
iero
phabergé
Pronouns: she/her

shikaritrash wrote: I'm sorry I'm going to speak about Enter Shikari, probably nobody cares but I mean if I don't talk about them in this thread do I really deserve my username? :lol:
Will put my concert experience on spoiler because it's a bit long.
I've been listening to them for 6 or 7 years now (how time flies...I still think their stuff that came out in 2010 are like 2 yeas old...sigh) and I've been wanting to see them live ever since but I could NEVER. EVER. go because every show in Paris were on week days and I couldn't commute there. I wanted to see them in feb 2015 but hadn't moved to London yet, therefore I had a useless ticket and I was very sad not to go.
Fortunately, they played Ally Pally last February and oh dear was I ready. Got my ticket as soon as it was announced and I couldn't wait. Got there at 12am that day, was the 15th in line, met some lovely people and delighted it was fans around the same age (had lots of cringe time with a teenage fan at top's show two days before woops). The doors opened at 5pm but we got to see sound check which was pretty cool.
The opening bands were Arcane Roots, The King Blues ( ) and The Wonder Years, good stuff.
Enter Shikari only came on stage at 9pm and that was amaaaaaaazing, A-MA-ZING. Surround sound, giant screen and great lights I mean that was a fantastic show and I couldn't believe I was finally seeing them. Obvs I got to the barrier (I wouldn't have seen anything in this concert venue even if I was like on 4th row) and yeah. I loved it. Best thing in my year so far. Truly felt happy there
By far, the best thing was finally being surrounded by Enter Shikari fans. I listened to them for so long on my own, that I felt truly emotional all day long. That feeling of unity, that was something.
Ah I'm sorry it was a bit long but
We still don't have footage from Ally Pally (we think we're going to get a dvd but damn...i want some footage) so here is their last video, Redshift! Great song, powerful message and i totally didn't have a sudden realization i was finally seeing them live on this particular song for no reason at the gig and cried, nope totally not
If I had to describe them, I would say they're pretty unique, definitely under the rock genre umbrella and under the drum'n'bass one. A wonderful mix. Great, great, great and important lyrics about social justice, climate change, politics etc. Yeah they are pretty unique and very, very talented. Totally recommend them. And they also are the most down to earth artists I met (i was full of anxiety ugh ugh ugh @ myself) and the loveliest! Go listen to them!
barrier at a shikari gig sounds amazing, you got there so early omg the dedication

redshift is a great song and i agree with you about their lyrics, they really are amazing.
i think their sound has changed over the years but not in a bad way, they're constantly progressing.

i think i've been listening to them since 08 & take to the skies remains my favourite album i love it soso much.
few of my favourite tracks are mothership, adieu, zzzonked, arguing with thermometers, ok time for plan b, we can breathe in space

i'd love to see them at their own concert! i've seen them twice but at festivals (they were my favourite of the weekend on both occasions)
Winterbury
squish
Pronouns: she/her • they/them

timtam wrote:At any given time there's probably a 90% chance that I'm listening to Florence and the Machine.
I'm more of a "casual" F&TM fan but still, she's amazing. Her music is so mystical and different and her voice is so great it's just... /sighs happily/
shikaritrash wrote:
ironic wrote:
shikaritrash wrote: Also forgot to point out that I started listening twenty one pilots...about...a month and half ago and oh god, why have I waited so long?? I saw them everywhere on social media and never listened to them but believe me that when I did, I spent the whole day doing so and looking up the lyrics at the same time. What a wild emotional ride that was. (rip my sanity when i saw them live two weeks after and couldn't see sh*t because of people's smartphones taking shitty videos :roll: )
I love what they stand for and I believe it's a little bit what I need these days.
I started listening to twenty one pilots a few months ago because of some phandom memebers and it's the best thing I got from my little obsession with D&P :D The band immediately became one of my faves, the lyrics speak to me on a personal level, and I believe they can really be helpful. Also the music is awesome, obviously. I would love to see them performing live, but they're not coming to my country as for now. (Ugh and people taking videos and pictures at concerts all the time are so annoying!)
Yep they're ultra popular in the phandom! They're good live! But then again as I am very short and people were being rude and hiding the stage with their phones (I mean I'm not one of those people that complain about technology but dammit I couldn't see ANYTHING) I didn't enjoy it as much as I would have loved to. T'was a bit more emotional than I thought it was going to be especially since back then I'd only be listening to them for 2 weeks :lol:
And two days later I saw Enter Shikari and they absolutely freaking killed it so I guess I'm not very ojective towards that twenty one pilots show. :) but would love to see them again in a better setting!
Ayy, I need it was just a matter of time until the first TOP fans showed up. I started listening to them mid-late 2014 and it's really weird to see a band that was still pretty niche suddenly become immensely popular. Ngl, I have a secret "i liked them before it was cool" complex now that Stressed Out is being played literally everywhere - especially since there are SO many great Twenty One Pilots songs and yet they just keep playing the same song over and over. But if their presence on the radio gets people to take a liking in them, then I'm more then satisfied haha.

And because this wouldn't be a true Winterbury post without me forcing even more music upon you guys, here's what I'm currently listening to - German rap.

(the title translates to "Make a wish" which is also what the children keep singing. The song criticizes capitalism and the class system it creates)

(the song roughly translates to "Leave It" and takes a brutal dig at the decay of nature and the way we treat the environment. Alligatoah is immensely popular in Germany which is a bit surprising since most of his songs are heavy satire)

(ahhh, Cro. Deep? No. Innovative? Not really. But he's just so damn fun to listen to so whatever, lol)
Yes, I'm as shocked as you are because most of (German) rap is pretty sexist and/or homophobic but the first two guys actually use their music to talk about some really important things and Cro has been my guilty pleasure for years haha. Also, their songs are simply hella catchy.
ironic
lady door

Winterbury I really liked your recommendations, I'm definitely gonna check out those artists. Thanks :)
If we all just traded in our knives for cakes, the world would be a better place.
shikaritrash

iero wrote: barrier at a shikari gig sounds amazing, you got there so early omg the dedication

redshift is a great song and i agree with you about their lyrics, they really are amazing.
i think their sound has changed over the years but not in a bad way, they're constantly progressing.

i think i've been listening to them since 08 & take to the skies remains my favourite album i love it soso much.
few of my favourite tracks are mothership, adieu, zzzonked, arguing with thermometers, ok time for plan b, we can breathe in space

i'd love to see them at their own concert! i've seen them twice but at festivals (they were my favourite of the weekend on both occasions)
It was even though I think it would have been totally different if it was in a smaller venue! (i was so jealous of people in paris damn, they played in a small great venue where i saw mindless self indulgence and what a great concert that was ) I was right in front of Chris, I mean I couldn't have hoped for a better spot. Please, take me back! :sobs:

Yes they have very much evolved and I think it is for the best! I remember first thinking they jumped on the dubstep bandwagon but their style evolved in something truly unique (I mean it was already unique to begin with but it only made me love their music more). And if there's one thing Enter Shikari is about, it's that there is no barrier between all the genres.
Take To The Skies I can't choose one album. I can't choose one anything when it comes to them :roll: (hello i am shikari trash am i right)
I really like their singles. Destabilise, Quelle Surprise, Radiate, Slipshod, Tribalism etc etc. The other day I tried to do a playlist to introduce them to a friend and ended up putting 5 songs of each album because I couldn't figure out my faves :roll: Arguing with Thermometers' video is hilarious! And Zzzonked oh god
It's going to be a while until we have new stuff (we're probably going to have new songs but I mean a full album) because they are going back on tour in a few days, but I can't wait!! (they're doing a shikari sound system in a festival in london soon but idk if I'll still be in london and i'm broke so I can't plan on going :cry: )

Here is me showing off my signed stuff and my anxious face, because why not :lol:
couldn't bring myself to ask a photo with every one of them because of my anxiety and now i regret it, but there'll be some other occasions!!

Winterbury wrote: Ayy, I need it was just a matter of time until the first TOP fans showed up. I started listening to them mid-late 2014 and it's really weird to see a band that was still pretty niche suddenly become immensely popular. Ngl, I have a secret "i liked them before it was cool" complex now that Stressed Out is being played literally everywhere - especially since there are SO many great Twenty One Pilots songs and yet they just keep playing the same song over and over. But if their presence on the radio gets people to take a liking in them, then I'm more then satisfied haha.
Yeah it is weird to hear a band that you listened and wasn't very known, on the radio all the time. That happened to me with Shaka Ponk, that I knew since around 2007 or something and that suddenly got popular around 2011 I think? They were played on repeat on the mainstream radios and it was SO WEIRD.

These days I'm really feeling top's first album Musically I don't LOVE it, but all the lyrics make up for it. Even though I don't relate to the religious ones at all, I give them my own meaning and some of the songs are fantastic. Trapdoor for example. (relatable, woops that says a lot about my mental health doesn't it ahem) Taxi Cab and Isle of Fightless Birds also
A bit intrigued by the blurryface/wearing blue onstage going on but it could be just for a deluxe album or something so I don't care that much.
iero
phabergé

shikaritrash wrote: It was even though I think it would have been totally different if it was in a smaller venue! (i was so jealous of people in paris damn, they played in a small great venue where i saw mindless self indulgence and what a great concert that was ) I was right in front of Chris, I mean I couldn't have hoped for a better spot. Please, take me back! :sobs:

Yes they have very much evolved and I think it is for the best! I remember first thinking they jumped on the dubstep bandwagon but their style evolved in something truly unique (I mean it was already unique to begin with but it only made me love their music more). And if there's one thing Enter Shikari is about, it's that there is no barrier between all the genres.
Take To The Skies I can't choose one album. I can't choose one anything when it comes to them :roll: (hello i am shikari trash am i right)
I really like their singles. Destabilise, Quelle Surprise, Radiate, Slipshod, Tribalism etc etc. The other day I tried to do a playlist to introduce them to a friend and ended up putting 5 songs of each album because I couldn't figure out my faves :roll: Arguing with Thermometers' video is hilarious! And Zzzonked oh god
It's going to be a while until we have new stuff (we're probably going to have new songs but I mean a full album) because they are going back on tour in a few days, but I can't wait!! (they're doing a shikari sound system in a festival in london soon but idk if I'll still be in london and i'm broke so I can't plan on going :cry: )

Here is me showing off my signed stuff and my anxious face, because why not :lol:
couldn't bring myself to ask a photo with every one of them because of my anxiety and now i regret it, but there'll be some other occasions!!

omg you met rou!!!
i had no idea take to the skies was released on vinyl i'm going to have to get that now :D (i have a lil record collecting obsession)

i'd so love to see them in a small venue. i imagine the atmosphere to be amazing. i had the chance to in 2009 but i had nobody to go with. if that was the case now i'd just go alone but i was a young teen at the time :(
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

Also forgot to point out that I started listening twenty one pilots...about...a month and half ago and oh god, why have I waited so long?? I saw them everywhere on social media and never listened to them but believe me that when I did, I spent the whole day doing so and looking up the lyrics at the same time. What a wild emotional ride that was. (rip my sanity when i saw them live two weeks after and couldn't see sh*t because of people's smartphones taking shitty videos :roll: )
*jumps out of the dumpster* Did someone say Twenty One Pilots? As you can tell from my avatar, I'm a little bit obsessed. My story is kind of the same, I put off listening to them for a long time and then spontaneously decided to listen to a few of their popular songs at the beginning of the year. Needless to say, I became addicted and downloaded three of their albums in the same day. By any chance, was the gig you went to in the 02 Academy Brixton in London? Because that's the gig I went to, thought it was pretty good actually. :) I went to see Panic! at the Disco in January as well, it was a pretty good month for me music-wise.
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
shikaritrash

iero wrote: omg you met rou!!!
i had no idea take to the skies was released on vinyl i'm going to have to get that now :D (i have a lil record collecting obsession)

i'd so love to see them in a small venue. i imagine the atmosphere to be amazing. i had the chance to in 2009 but i had nobody to go with. if that was the case now i'd just go alone but i was a young teen at the time :(
Yes!! I met all 4 of them at an indie label market in london last december. They just casually tweeted they were going to be at play it again sam's stand just to hang out, have a chat and sign stuff and like, 10 people max showed up. I'm still shocked tbh. And I really wish I could have been more relaxed and chatty :roll: That was the first time I was meeting them and I never saw them on stage before so that felt really weird to just talk to them like that. They are really great chaps. I genuinely love them.
I think the TTTS vinyl is a new press? (is that even proper english idk) It's beautiful I love it. And the discs are white/transparent, wonderful! The Mindsweep's one quite classy too!
bedhead91 wrote: *jumps out of the dumpster* Did someone say Twenty One Pilots? As you can tell from my avatar, I'm a little bit obsessed. My story is kind of the same, I put off listening to them for a long time and then spontaneously decided to listen to a few of their popular songs at the beginning of the year. Needless to say, I became addicted and downloaded three of their albums in the same day. By any chance, was the gig you went to in the 02 Academy Brixton in London? Because that's the gig I went to, thought it was pretty good actually. :) I went to see Panic! at the Disco in January as well, it was a pretty good month for me music-wise.
No but really I mean you could post anything with that avatar, I am sold
YES! Did you go on the 24th or on the 25th? I managed to get tickets like 4 days before. Yeah yeah it was a great show it's just it had a bit of a serious adversary two days later :lol:
I think I would appreciate more in like a few months, when I would be more familiar with them you know. I was only listening to them for 2 weeks at the time so yeah. But it was still amazing and very emotional! Would definitely go see them again. And I love their interviews, they're pretty fun guys I love their humour!
iero
phabergé

shikaritrash wrote: Yes!! I met all 4 of them at an indie label market in london last december. They just casually tweeted they were going to be at play it again sam's stand just to hang out, have a chat and sign stuff and like, 10 people max showed up. I'm still shocked tbh. And I really wish I could have been more relaxed and chatty :roll: That was the first time I was meeting them and I never saw them on stage before so that felt really weird to just talk to them like that. They are really great chaps. I genuinely love them.
I think the TTTS vinyl is a new press? (is that even proper english idk) It's beautiful I love it. And the discs are white/transparent, wonderful! The Mindsweep's one quite classy too!
lucky!! they seem lovely

the mindsweep is probably the prettiest record i own, it's beautiful
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

YES! Did you go on the 24th or on the 25th? I managed to get tickets like 4 days before. Yeah yeah it was a great show it's just it had a bit of a serious adversary two days later :lol:
I think I would appreciate more in like a few months, when I would be more familiar with them you know. I was only listening to them for 2 weeks at the time so yeah. But it was still amazing and very emotional! Would definitely go see them again. And I love their interviews, they're pretty fun guys I love their humour!
I went on the 25th, I also came really early so I had no problem with people blocking my vision with phones. :) I also bought two tickets last minute from someone online. Such a small world sometimes. I only realized afterwards on Twitter that a couple of YouTubers, Dodie Clark, Bethan Ledley and Lucy Moon went to the same Panic! concert that I did. I've seen them in concert twice before and it made me super nostalgic, I might have actually shed a tear when they played Nine in the Afternoon and few other old songs.
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

shikaritrash wrote:
angrymob wrote:Moving this discussion to the music thread, don't mind me.
i'm only quoting you because i just want to show some appreciation for your username and avatar because i love enter shikari. been a fan since the beginning, i didn't know there were many other fans of them around on the forums so yay to the discussion going on right now.
just gonna leave you a video i took of them when i saw them last year of one of my favourite tracks in a small small venue
i thought i'd post some tracks from some other bands that i'm going to see this month/next month, i love gigs so much.

letlive
every time i die
the one hundred
chunk! no captain chunk (their cover of all star is much better than the original)
and finally, one song that i've been literally playing on repeat is the new one from a day to remember:
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
shikaritrash

bedhead91 wrote:
I went on the 25th, I also came really early so I had no problem with people blocking my vision with phones. :) I also bought two tickets last minute from someone online. Such a small world sometimes. I only realized afterwards on Twitter that a couple of YouTubers, Dodie Clark, Bethan Ledley and Lucy Moon went to the same Panic! concert that I did. I've seen them in concert twice before and it made me super nostalgic, I might have actually shed a tear when they played Nine in the Afternoon and few other old songs.
Aaaaaaah, I went on the 25th too!! :D I could only come after work, so aroung 4pm and every person with o2 phones went into the venue before us so looooots of people that came even after me got in earlier than me. Sigh. I wish I know about that o2 thing, had no idea this existed.
I would have loved to go to the Panic! concert but didn't really make plans to go. I'm not that big of a fan but I know their music quite a lot. And hearing the classics live must be .
missemma wrote:
shikaritrash wrote:
angrymob wrote:Moving this discussion to the music thread, don't mind me.
i'm only quoting you because i just want to show some appreciation for your username and avatar because i love enter shikari. been a fan since the beginning, i didn't know there were many other fans of them around on the forums so yay to the discussion going on right now.
just gonna leave you a video i took of them when i saw them last year of one of my favourite tracks in a small small venue
I'm so happy we're several persons to know them here aw I am going to go watch this video right now! Thank you for sharing :D
(omfg I just finished watching it and daaaaaaaamn that was amazing! I would sell my soul to see them in a small venue now. did you go to ally pally?)

Your music tastes are Are you going to go to Slam Dunk Festival by any chance? I would love to go but I don't have anyone to go with which is pretty sad. :lol:

ADTR I used to looooove their music. Saw them twice at Le Trabendo and at Le Bataclan ( ) it was greaaaaaat! I like their new song!

I have decided I may as well live in this thread now!
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

shikaritrash wrote: I'm so happy we're several persons to know them here aw I am going to go watch this video right now! Thank you for sharing :D
(omfg I just finished watching it and daaaaaaaamn that was amazing! I would sell my soul to see them in a small venue now. did you go to ally pally?)

Your music tastes are Are you going to go to Slam Dunk Festival by any chance? I would love to go but I don't have anyone to go with which is pretty sad. :lol:

ADTR I used to looooove their music. Saw them twice at Le Trabendo and at Le Bataclan ( ) it was greaaaaaat! I like their new song!

I have decided I may as well live in this thread now!
no, i didn't go to ally pally, i don't really like that venue at all. i know some people who did go though and said it was amazing! i watched some videos back and to see them play to that many people in london was pretty epic.

yes, i'm definitely going to slamdunk, have you seen the line up, it's shit hot, they've pulled out all the good bands for their 10 year anniversary. i usually go to download but the line up isn't doing anything for me so far tbh, bar rammstein, kse and periphery there isnt many others i would want to go see.
have you seen the line up for hevy fest? it's fricking so good, i can't decide whether or not i want to go to that too. so many good uk festivals, we are lucky.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
timtam
lady door

human wrote:
shikaritrash wrote:
timtam wrote:I have been listening to Grimes a bit lately though. I wasn't a huge fan of her earlier albums but I absolutely love Art Angels (so does Dan I think it was on his top albums list last year).
Grimes' last album is I love it. I've known about her for a long time now but I just thought it was a bit too "weird" for me. That last album is great though. Thanks Dan. Went about 2 months listening to it all the time.
I really didn't want Dan to be right about Grimes' album, but I loved it so much on Spotify that I bought it on iTunes. Which is VERY rare for me to do! Idk why I rarely use iTunes but I pay for Spotify so it's the most convenient place for all of my music. But damn it's SO good, love it. Jammy git was right lol.
Her first three albums are the weirdest and they make no sense to me but here I am still listening to Art Angels after two months.

Haha Human I didn't want Dan to right either. Mine and Dan's taste in music are not similar at all and I personally think he has terrible taste but omg if he wasn't right about this album.
Winterbury wrote:
timtam wrote:At any given time there's probably a 90% chance that I'm listening to Florence and the Machine.
I'm more of a "casual" F&TM fan but still, she's amazing. Her music is so mystical and different and her voice is so great it's just... /sighs happily/
Yep that's how I feel! Her voice and her music are magical! I struggle so much to find music that makes me feel the same as hers does. There is very little out there like her which is why I love her.

I really need to find some new music to listen to but I'm struggling find artists/songs that I like right now. I feel like I've checked out every music recommendation that everyone and every internet site has given me!
deerly
glabella

timtam wrote:Her voice and her music are magical! I struggle so much to find music that makes me feel the same as hers does. There is very little out there like her which is why I love her.

I really need to find some new music to listen to but I'm struggling find artists/songs that I like right now. I feel like I've checked out every music recommendation that everyone and every internet site has given me!
Idk maybe you've already heard them but I think Chelsea Wolfe, Soap&Skin and Zola Jesus are a bit similar to Flo. They're not the same ofc, a bit "darker" sometimes, but they have that kinda mystical witchy vibe and all of them have really memorable extraordinary voices.
Also Kate Bush! I think she was a big influence for Florence, be it music, aesthetics or lyrics or even dancing style + she's my absolute fave

phamnotof wrote:I like my reserved, nerdy awkward weirdos who electroshock their balls in the privacy of their own bedroom with proper safe words and some bloody decorum.
spaceminimalist
squish

dan and phil introduced me to muse and i'm so happy about it
besides that i fell a bit cliche as fab, p!atd, arctic monkeys and twenty one pilots are the only bands i really listen to atm
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

Some stuff I'm currently linking

Opeth - Dirge for November
Yezi -Cider
Pet Shop Boys - Rent
ФАБРИКА - Не родись красивой /Fabrika(factory) - Not born Beautiful
Vamps - Time goes by
Die Warzau - Born again
I finally have time to listen to all of your music .

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

deerly
glabella

Anonymousse, oh my goood Фабрика, I have terrible early 2000s russian tv flashbacks.
Check out Rent's cover by Suede, I think it's amazing
I gave the new Explosions In The Sky LP a listen yesterday and it turned out SO GOOD, I cried 3 times. They've been kinda repeating themselves for the past ten or so years, it's nice that on this record they are trying to try something new. I'm very biased, as this band is the reason me and my BFF started talking - I was so excited to see someone own their merch (because not a lot of people listen to them now, and 5 years ago expecially) I forgot about my own shyness and just started talking to her.

Although Geidi Primes is my fave forever I'm really happy that a lot of you guys love Art Angels, I'm so tired of people hating on this album just because Grimes is more "radio friendly" now. What are they so afraid of, losing their cool elitist indie kid points?
angrymob
hobbit hair

deerly wrote: Although Geidi Primes is my fave forever I'm really happy that a lot of you guys love Art Angels, I'm so tired of people hating on this album just because Grimes is more "radio friendly" now. What are they so afraid of, losing their cool elitist indie kid points?
Don't even get me started. I've literally heard people say that they don't like her anymore because she doesn't perform art shows at their favourite clubs anymore. Like, of course she doesn't, she gets paid now to perform.
deerly
glabella

angrymob wrote:
deerly wrote: Although Geidi Primes is my fave forever I'm really happy that a lot of you guys love Art Angels, I'm so tired of people hating on this album just because Grimes is more "radio friendly" now. What are they so afraid of, losing their cool elitist indie kid points?
Don't even get me started. I've literally heard people say that they don't like her anymore because she doesn't perform art shows at their favourite clubs anymore. Like, of course she doesn't, she gets paid now to perform.
They kinda ignore that now that she has more fund/recognition she's able to do even better art shows, hire tech people and she uses it and isn't it cool??
Also it feels like these people want to keep everything to themselves just to circle-jerk on /mu later. I'm glad when artists become more successful as it increases the chances they'll visit my s**thole of a country haha.
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

I tried to make a huge reply post but replying to about 20 posts is going to be a big pain in the rear.

Most of your music tastes are amazeballz.

Got some new music to listen to now.

deerly- I do like the beat a bit more with the original song. (Rent)

I should really check out some of Grimes..es? (how does one say that?) new music, I keep listening to her old stuff and not advancing.

Also y u no like Fabrika? they are... cultured ladies .
I just think the song is good and the video deserves recognition.

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged