LtrllySusan
long-time wanker

Re: Gaming Thread

Post by LtrllySusan » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:51 am

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:09 am
LtrllySusan wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:14 am
Has anyone here played Stardew Valley? It's coming out for the Switch in 2 days and it's hyped like crazy over on reddit. Wondering if I should get it... Everyone's comparing it to Animal Crossing but I've never played that, so idk what to expect.
It's vaguely like Animal Crossing? Ish? But IMO It's far, far more similar to Harvest Moon. That said, out of the three, I'm waiting for AC to be announced/released before I buy my own Switch. C'mon Nintendo, it's been FOUR YEARS since New Leaf came out. :roll:
Stardew gets a lot of hype because t's already OUT on different systems. Here's Markiplier playing it 18 months ago:
Ah yeah, Harvest Moon! That is the one they also compare it too. Never played that either. I'll check Mark's video, thanks!

I bought my Switch for Zelda (first gaming console I bought since picking up a used GameCube in like 2008) and I haven't regretted the purchase. There's quite a few cute coop games already, like Snipperclips and Overcooked, and a lot of sidescrolling platform games, if you are into that.

Super curious about the Pokémon that's coming for the Switch, but that's probably at least another 12-15 months away from even having an announcement.

IckleMissMayhem
full-time internet hobo
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Gaming Thread

Post by IckleMissMayhem » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:17 am

My OH has a Switch, hence the "my own" ;) Only issue is he very inconsiderately takes it away with him when he's travelling. Missed both Phan Prix because of that. :D

My Undertale for PS4 is currently in Compton CA. So it's travelled further away from me thus far. COME ON DHL!!!! :(