Gaming Thread

DryCereal
koi pond
Pronouns: she/her

Clearly there are people here who like gaming NOT D&PG related my kinds of peoples!

What'cha playing atm?
Faves/Hated games/series/characters/consoles/formats?
What have you pre-ordered months ago and are impatiently waiting for?

Anything and everything - let's hear it!
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
Kurapika
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

It's "only" an app but I absolutely love Love Live! School Idol Festival. It's a rhythm game based on a multimedia project, there's an anime, live concerts, a movie etc, and I've been playing it for a little more than a year.
I just really love the cute songs and collecting pretty cards of my faves.

Not as exciting as a console game, but I'm posting about it anyway lol
the candlelight by the crescent moon
PolarFox
truth bomb

Currently I have finished Undertale for the second time (pacifist 4lyfe) and don't know what to play. (I'm also in the middle of portal 2)
I love story based games so much, I cannot even voice my love for them. I'm Mass Effect trash, spent alot of time playing it. I have played DA:O but I'm stuck in awakening and idk, I didn't feel like continuing it for past few months, but I want to play through all the dlc's before going to DA2. I also played LiS, thankyouverymuchfeels. One of my notable all time faves is KotOR. Gotta love that game even though the grafics are crap.
I confess to crying my eyes out during all of these... And if anyone cares, I can write down my choices/romances/etc... I love talking about these and what people do.
I also waste so much of my life on MMO's... I have been playing SWTOR since early 2014 and love the game, GW2 since it went free to play (but then I got the game) and I have recently discovered Blade & Soul and since my character is Lyn summoner, I am probably gonna become furry very soon. (if anyone wants elaborate rambles about these games, or wants to play with me, I will provide further information)
Also I am pc gamer, my only consoles are old PS1 and PS2 but I have lost few parts of those so I can't really use them... So no intense Spyro for me. But I sometimes play on my iPad, I'm saving for the whole Final Fantasy series for iPad since I can never start game series from random episode. No matter how shitty the game is, I will start everything from the first ep. So yeahh... It's expensive as fuck though. If anyone knows how to get the whole series cheaper/elsewhere/for PC, hmu pls :)
Awww! You clicked on my signature!
DryCereal
koi pond

I am currently playing FFIX on my iPad. which makes me feel dirty all over, but needs must!! I am enjoying the nostalgic replay though. I don't think there was any point during FFIX that made me sob like a baby (apart from maybe the ending) though, so it's all good.
Also playing the Telltale Walking Dead games for the x-th time. Also on iPad.

I do most of my gaming on PS3 these days. Will be getting a PS4 at some point this year, but right now, this is my current (physical) games collection. Don't judge me too harshly. :lol:
I also have a 3DS XL, (at home :x ) with Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask (which I swear made sense to me when it came out on n64, but as an adult I am failing SO FRIKKING HARD AT!) Animal Crossing, Mario, Mario Kart and a few other bits.. I can't remember! :roll:
Last edited by DryCereal on Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

I only play games that I really like (because I lack in time) and I only buy games I play often so here is what I have on Steam + 2 more.
Runescape( Yes I play Runescape, still. No shame, just that everyone else seems to be ashamed on my behalf)
Age Of Empires 2/3
Banished
Don't Starve
Heroes of Might and Magic 3 (I h8 the steam HD version so much because It is so buggy)
Knytt Stories/Underground
Portal 2 (but not blindfolded)
Magicite
Stronghold anything
Terraria (freaking love Terraria )
But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

swofro
angel bean

Yes, gaming thread.

I am a bit old-fashioned in gaming, probably because I am usually broke and can't spend much for leisure. I only play on gba and nds and sometimes pc game when I found a cool one that I cannot resist from buying (provided it is cheap, ofc)

I have an account in romulation.net (but I forgot my id lol) and neoseeker (ninalilylulu - the name is base on a story book too, god help me)

All time favourite:

GBA
-megaman battle betwork series
-Pokemon (yellow/blue/red/gold/silver/crystal and first gen remake)
-Dragon warrior
-Golden sun
-Zelda series
-Street fighter (first ever game :))

NDS:
-Ace attorney
-Zelda

PC:
-Some megaman that i forgot its title
-Virtua cop (lol) and virtua fighter
-Some gundam game
-Holiday Island (playable on windows that can operate on 16 bit. Haha)
-The house of the dead series

PS1 (hahaha)
-Digimon digital card battle
-Digimon world 3
-Some x men game

Currently playing: none. I finish playing undertale recently but reading reddit theories gives me nightmare about sans. I am now scouting for something light to play on nds to overcome those memories of undertale. Lol.

Spoiler for undertale
I finish the last part of the game early in the morning, around 3 am, and I am easily scared. i have to ask my brother who is spending time in gaming forum to sit with me in my room when I get to the true lab. I have no idea how people can play genocide route when even pacifist route is scary for me. :(
That's all. Hope I am not spamming so much with my lame gaming. Haha. I wish I can archive my undertale conversation with greatnessflicker back in gg. Sigh.
Love is forever
DryCereal
koi pond

Guilt admission: I havent played Undertale (yet.) Waiting for you-know-who to finish their LP so I don't confuse myself. It's definitely on my "to be played" list though! :)
kooshka
living flop

Ooohh my fav subject and I have no idea where to start! Though I'm happy to notice from the facts-telling introduction thread that people here love Gyakuten Saiban/The Ace Attorney-series If any of you here love visual novel/detective style games please try them out! The character design and story telling is amazing.

My other fav gaming series is Shin Megami Tensei, most of the people only know the Persona games but the main series is sooooo good. They tend to be quite hard, but I like the challange. 8-) Good games if you like mythology/occultism stuff. Right now I'm pants on fire-excited about Persona 5 and I can't wait to get my hands on that.

I guess most of my favourites are from Japan, I also love the Tales series and some other smaller JRPGs. For some reason Final Fantasies never were my thing tho. :?

From western games my all-time favourite has got to be Psychonauts!! It's amazing, I'm so pumped up for the sequel they announced!! I don't think it's too expensive on Steam, so if ya'll bored and never played it, give it a chance! The dialogue, visual design, gameplay and the themes are top notch.

I have like way too many games I get overtly excited about, I'll be sure to watch this thread closely!
PolarFox
truth bomb

swofro
I feel you about undertale.
I was playing it at night too and I was crapping myself when Flowey made appearance and the whole photoshop Flowey thing gave me nightmares. The game toying with you is one of my worst fears and when Undertale pulled that on me, I was dying. Also I was so scared in the true lab was shaking. But then it had happy ending so... And same about genocide, I wouldn't be able to play it even through day. Also I would neber beat Sans so...
swofro
angel bean

PolarFox wrote:swofro
I was playing it at night too and I was crapping myself when Flowey made appearance and the whole photoshop Flowey thing gave me nightmares. The game toying with you is one of my worst fears and when Undertale pulled that on me, I was dying. Also I was so scared in the true lab was shaking. But then it had happy ending so... And same about genocide, I wouldn't be able to play it even through day. Also I would neber beat Sans so...
yes. When the game shut itself down, I was like, okay, what happen, then I open it back, flowey is there. :'( I wasn't scared yet because I open my bedroom door and can hear my brother typing on his laptop in the living room. When I win against flowey, I take a toilet break. Bam, I feel scared being in the toilet alone. Hahaha. That's why I got my brother to join me. What makes it worse is reading stupid sans theory on reddit. God, I need a new game. I have a strong urge to uninstall the game but I'm not sure if I should because does it mean I need to pay 10 bucks again if I stupidly wanna play it again? Idk. Sigh
Love is forever
manged
lady door

I'm not as heavily into console and PC gaming as I once was (I'm currently a nerd for app puzzles and platformers). I get my gaming fix from watching gaming channels on YT.

What are your fave gaming channels? For some reason, I can't get into the super big ones like PDP or Markiplier. I wound up getting into Dashiegames and I think he's genuinely hilarious, once you can get past the over-the-top screaming in his intros. And of course, gotta love Game Grumps.
PolarFox
truth bomb

swofro wrote:
yes. When the game shut itself down, I was like, okay, what happen, then I open it back, flowey is there. :'( I wasn't scared yet because I open my bedroom door and can hear my brother typing on his laptop in the living room. When I win against flowey, I take a toilet break. Bam, I feel scared being in the toilet alone. Hahaha. That's why I got my brother to join me. What makes it worse is reading stupid sans theory on reddit. God, I need a new game. I have a strong urge to uninstall the game but I'm not sure if I should because does it mean I need to pay 10 bucks again if I stupidly wanna play it again? Idk. Sigh
also have you seen the way the game is guilt tripping you if you try playing it again? Also now I'm intrigued about the Sans theories. And it will stay in your steam account even though you uninstall it, no? i don't know tbh.
swofro
angel bean

PolarFox wrote:
swofro wrote:
also have you seen the way the game is guilt tripping you if you try playing it again? Also now I'm intrigued about the Sans theories. And it will stay in your steam account even though you uninstall it, no? i don't know tbh.
I haven't try to play it again becase I'm too scared. Haha. i guess it says something like 'you are not satisfied with the outcome' or something like that, is it? I don't have a steam account tho and download it directly from undertale website so idk as well. Lol. and I say lol a lot to make conversation less awkward
Love is forever
DryCereal
koi pond

you guys are KILLING me with the Undertale spoilers being so tantalizing... I shall resist!

Ooh, favourite games...
GameBoy classic (still works even though I was given it in 1989!) - LoZelda Link's Awakening, Mario 6 Golden Coins, Aladdin, The Jungle Book, Pokemon Blue, Donkey Kong Land(I think?)
N64 - Ocarina of Time (obvs!) Super Mario 64, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Goldeneye, More DK...

Series: Final Fantasy - VIII, IX, X & X-2 Don't even start, i have 0 fucks to give. and XIII trilogy (Lightning Returns is ruining my life in a bad way. Cannot get my head around it, even with the guide. Help!!) Looking forward to the VII remake and XV though. Hurry the hell up Squeenix!
Kingdom Hearts. Only played the PS2 games so far, but I started a full playthrough of the series (remix 1.5/2.5 versions) at Christmas. Got up to Neverland/Atlantica (seriously, FUCK Ursula and Hook's boss battles!!) before my enforced hiatus from the real world(!) so I am looking forward to getting on with that ASAP, before KH3 is released on PS4. :)
Mass Effect: I FREAKING LOVE THESE GAMES! Always play Dude!Shep,
always stick with Ashley, screw the council, they don't get my help...
and am uuuuuuusually Paragon, though I want to go all-out renegade at some point, just for the hell of it.
PolarFox
truth bomb

swofro wrote:
PolarFox wrote:
swofro wrote:
I haven't try to play it again becase I'm too scared. Haha. i guess it says something like 'you are not satisfied with the outcome' or something like that, is it? I don't have a steam account tho and download it directly from undertale website so idk as well. Lol. and I say lol a lot to make conversation less awkward
It's more like Flowey going like: "Seems like everyone is content and happy. You have done everything in your powers." And then as you click it starts talking about the power to erase everything and then it pulls "Let Frisk be happy." on you in the middle.
IckleMissMayhem wrote: Mass Effect: I FREAKING LOVE THESE GAMES! Always play Dude!Shep,
and am uuuuuuusually Paragon, though I want to go all-out renegade at some point, just for the hell of it.
lol, I always play Fem!Shep, I can't help it, I love Jennifer Hale's voice. I'm always wanting to go renegade but end up paragon, smh.
I rotate between Kaidan and Ashley, I like both. I save the council (wtf me) and I'm hopeless Liaramancer... I like Kaidan as a bro, I could do some Samantha and Garrus though and I'll forever be unhappy that they cut away Ashley, Tali and Jack romance for fem!shep.
Last edited by PolarFox on Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ironic
lady door

The list of games that I'd love to play is much longer than the list of games I have already played, unfortunately. But I'll surely be lurking on this thread, I'm always looking for recommendations :D
IckleMissMayhem wrote:I am currently playing FFIX on my iPad. which makes me feel dirty all over, but needs must!! I am enjoying the nostalgic replay though. I don't think there was any point during FFIX that made me sob like a baby (apart from maybe the ending) though, so it's all good.
Final Fantasy IX is favourite game of all time. Now I want to replay it too :)
I also played FFVII, FFVII CC, FFVIII, and FFX. I love them all in different ways but FFIX is simply the best for me.

Life is Strange and Undertale both have a special place in my heart as well.
And my childhood was mostly about Heroes of Might and Magic III and Pokemon. ;)
If we all just traded in our knives for cakes, the world would be a better place.
Winterbury
squish
Pronouns: she/her • they/them

ayyy this is exactly my kind of thread. As you've maybe already noticed, I love Bioware RPGs. ..okay, to be more specific, I love Dragon Age and I'm starting to love the Mass Effect series, which I have started playing last week lol.
I got DA:O in 2014 when you could download it off Origin for free, started playing and, for some inexplicable reason, got bored of it before finishing the prologue?? I didn't touch it again until on one fateful day in fall 2015 and oh boy, it was the greatest mistake of my life. I immediately fell in love and literally spent the past 6 months playing through the entire DA series minus a few DLCs.
What I love the most about DA, even more than the very fun gameplay, are its lore, story and characters. Like. I can't even begin to describe how amazing everything is. If you asked me to name my favourite character, I'd probably give you an entire list lol.

After finishing DA a few weeks ago, I started playing Mass Effect. Tbh, I'm not a shooter person (and I'm v bad at shooting moving things) but ME, too, has a great lore & characters, so I'm sure that, in a few weeks, you won't be able to escape my ME rambles haha

Honestly, tell me everything about who you romanced, which decisions you made and why, about your characters... everything. There are exactly zero (0) people I can talk with about this in real life and I love hearing about other people's playthroughs. Also, I'm all in favour of sharing characters. Be it your RPG protagonist or a Sim, tell me about them, I'm all ears.

But, before discovering Bioware, I'd already been playing video games for a whole bunch of years so here are some of my more "casual" faves:
  • Pokémon (Sapphire/Diamond/Platin/HG/White/Black2/Y/Alpha Sapphire/Mystery Dungeon/Ranger) if u ever feel like battling someone who has no idea of competitive play hmu
  • Animal Crossing
  • The Sims 2&3
  • SSBB/U
  • Dragon Quest 9
  • and My Candy Love lmao
IckleMissMayhem wrote: Mass Effect: I FREAKING LOVE THESE GAMES! Always play Dude!Shep,
I tried to do a Renegade playthrough but I "accidentally" went Paragon when I saved all those colonists and because I refused to be a specie-ist ass all the time. Oh well lmao
Calling the council just to cut them off again is still a lot of fun tho :lol:
manged wrote:I'm not as heavily into console and PC gaming as I once was (I'm currently a nerd for app puzzles and platformers). I get my gaming fix from watching gaming channels on YT.

What are your fave gaming channels? For some reason, I can't get into the super big ones like PDP or Markiplier. I wound up getting into Dashiegames and I think he's genuinely hilarious, once you can get past the over-the-top screaming in his intros. And of course, gotta love Game Grumps.
Dudee, I lovee the GameGrumps. Have you watched Guild Gramps? It's an artistic masterpiece.
Other than them, I don't watch many Let's Players, only a few German ones from time to time. Any Gronkh and/or Honeyball fans present?
swofro
angel bean

IckleMissMayhem I once play Kingdom Hearts but quickly realise it's not my type of game. Hahaha. And super please don't click the undertale spoiler, you will completely regret it.

Adding to the list of game I love:
Harvest moon, both gba and nds. I love the relaxing concept of it, and you can choose who you want to fall in love with and whatnot but not a slow game like animal crossing. I seriously cannot do animal crossing because of how impatient I am. Haha.

I also played pokemon mystery dungeon but never finished them because I was lazy.

I don't watch any particular gaming channel, I usually find a specific game first and see who is in the list.

Side note: I absolutely love MatPat. He has nice commentary voice. Lol.
Love is forever
DryCereal
koi pond

swofro wrote:IckleMissMayhem I once play Kingdom Hearts but quickly realise it's not my type of game. Hahaha. And super please don't click the undertale spoiler, you will completely regret it.
No worries on that score. I have plenty of willpower when it comes to spoilers! Ta for the warning though! I will never forgive you for not liking KH though. Just so we're clear on that...

@Winterbury - That will be me, no doubt. I always naturally revert to "good/best option" when playing games. It's a weakness.

@Ironic - I have a theory... was IX the first in the series you played? My favourite is VIII - I loooooooove Squall and Quistis' characters.
plus the Rinoa/Ultimecia theory. I'm trash.
With IX, I have a massive soft spot for Vivi and Eiko. They're both so damn cute. And effing powerful! :D
felucca
truth bomb

bedhead91 wrote:I'm laughing because I can one hundred percent see Dan romancing the Iron Bull 'for the lulz' but then accidentally getting really into it.
Had to lift this from the main thread as it made me laugh because it's the exact OPPOSITE of what happened to me. I played qunari and started romancing Iron Bull 100% unironically, and ended up having the most lulz-worthy blast with it!

For the Dragon Age lovers, and Winterbabe in particular:
DA1: Female human noble warrior. She started off all young and sheltered and idealistic but became increasingly more harsh and bitter (and badass) the longer the game went on - ruled everyone with an iron fist in time for the expansion. She really had a soft spot for Alistair though and ended up falling for him, two former noble kids finding each other, and it was just the best thing everrr awwww, I was so wooed by Alistair's cheesy ways I had to hide behind a pillow at one point. :oops: But then I SACRIFIED him by MISTAKE at the end of the first game, which, ummm, didn't exactly HELP with my character's ever-worsening attitude... yeah... :? Definitely one of the most satisfying character arcs I've ever played as I never even intended for her to change at all, it just sort of happened naturally as the story progressed and things happened, she took me for quite a ride!
(Sidenote but neither the expansion nor D2 actually remembered that Alistair died so he kept showing up as the king, traumatizing me every single time. :( In D3 I went through lots of trouble signing up to their stupid website and rewriting the backstory and syncing with my Xbox etc etc etc to make sure the game knew for sure that Alistair was dead - and he STILL showed up, even after the website told me it accepted my changes???? FFS POKE MY WOUNDS SOME MORE WILL YA)

DA2: Rogue, yay! (I feel like this is the DA game where being a rogue became fun?) I only played it that one time and wish I had played the game as a more extreme character, who was clearly pro-mage or pro-templar. As it were my character was sort of in the middle. She was generally scared of mages, despised blood magic etc and agreed with a lot of what the templars stood for - buuut she loved her mage sister and could definitely see her side of the issue too, and sided with the mages more than once (she ultimately sided with them, even, blood being thicker than water and so on). I feel like I maybe didn't get as much out of the gaming experience as I could have, had I made myself feel more strongly for one of the sides...? (also it would have been more fun to replay). Total whore for Fenris, best part of the game - it didn't even make sense for my character to try and romance him but I tried anyway. :roll: Failed miserably, he hated me, infinite sadness in my emo heart. I ended up settling for Anders because he was easy and he seemed like a nice guy who wouldn't break my heart... heh... heh...

DA3: Qunari, hells yes! Female mage. Took a lot of research to get my head around that one, but after an entire day of just reading the DA Wiki and tweaking my character I finally had a backstory and a personality for her that worked (totes important - how am I supposed to roleplay a character I don't understand??) She was A LOT of fun to play. :D She started off very much as a reluctant anti-hero forced to take responsibility for something she didn't want to be involved with at all, but she ended up being a surprisingly good leader with time, her biggest fault and asset being that she was too much "one of the boys" with the people following her. Oh my god are the joke options in conversations good, hahaha, none of my earlier characters were ever especially easy-going so I had a real blast playing someone who was. Turns out being super friendly and jokey with all the other characters really brought out unexpected and pleasant sides of everyone! (other than Solas the Insufferable Joykill, who very much didn't get it.) Like I said, I romanced Iron Bull, and it was hilarious, love that guy. Had sort of a flirty thing with Sera too, which I never thought would happen because we did NOT seem like a good match at all when she first arrived, very much a case of wondering what she was even DOING there, but we ended up finding each other as the joe kings we were. So so so so in love with Dorian too, the sarcastic little twat - I actually liked him so much upon meeting him that he was the first person I tried to romance and... well yeah that didn't work out now did it?? *forever friendzoned* (Lol or not, I just started replaying the game as a male elf hellbent on romancing Dorian. )

(Yeah, heh, I never google ahead to find out what's going to happen or what the correct answers are to make something happen, I go completely blind into these kind of games. :lol: Leads to the best memories, I feel. Like Fenris rejecting me is a sore memory, but I just love the bluntness of the fact that I had a chance and tried my best and I still blew it, and yet I kept trying because I didn't know it was too late and, so heartbreaking. Also, hitting on Dorian and only later realising he's gay - LOL.)
I could go on discussing this for days too. And Mass Effect, please tell me about Mass Effect, guys. What was your Shepard like and what did they do? (Were you also cockblocked by calibrations?)

As for what games I play, I think I cover mostly every genre except straight-up shooters. Anything storybased or adventure-ish is right up my alley, I just go completely overboard everytime and immerse myself the heck into games like Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Skyrim, Baldur's Gate, Zelda, Red Dead Redemption... and YES Anonymousse, Terraria! Also micro manage-y simulators like Theme Hospital and Sims, collect 'em all kinda stuff like Pokémon, and strategy based stuff like Starcraft, X-Com and Heroes of Might and Magic. (I just finished playing X-Com 2 and I think I might need therapy because I miss my soldiers so so much. :cry: ) And yeah I grew up on Nintendo so just assume I like all those games and you're probably right.

Any of you guys up for Pokémon Go? I'm so getting it the moment it's released, I need it in my lifeeeeee. :geek: I kind of ruined the regular Pokémon games for myself by getting too serious (no one needs EV training, NO ONE) but this feels like a fresh start - I reeeally hope it's good because I can't wait! My dreams of becoming a real life Pokémon trainer might finally come true! fight me
dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

:dh:
angrymob
hobbit hair

I can only play games that still look decent on my 6 year old Mac, so I mostly play Skyrim, Dishonored, Pokemon, Don't Starve, Civ 5 and Papers, Please.

I really liked Life is Strange until the last episode. I feel that they really dropped the ball on what could have been done. They ran out of money, and just weren't able to deliver what they themselves wanted to. I did see however, some great fan budget outlines/work-arounds, but I doubt they have any plans to revamp it.

Pokemon Go is really interesting, I'm excited to see how it will work. Is there any news of whether it could be offline or not?
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

As for what games I play, I think I cover mostly every genre except straight-up shooters. Anything storybased or adventure-ish is right up my alley, I just go completely overboard everytime and immerse myself the heck into games like Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Skyrim, Baldur's Gate, Zelda, Red Dead Redemption... and YES Anonymousse, Terraria!
Same for me really. My faves also include old-school Elder Scrolls games like Morrowind and Oblivion, the whole Fallout series, and Saint's Row. As for MMO's, I used to play WOW and Star Wars the Old Republic heavily, but have since retired from both. I feel a bit weird because I've never played a single Pokemon game.

While we're on the topic of Dragon Age, my favorite subject:
In Dragon Age Origins I was as a city elf rogue, and I sort of naturally played her as being snarky, world-weary and rough around the edges. I ended up falling for Alistair despite myself, and ended up being heartbroken at the end because I didn't harden him. I didn't harden Isabela either, I am a softie like that. I also crowned Alistair king and chose Harrowmont over Bhelen.

As for Dragon Age 2, I was a a rogue again...very original I know. I romanced Isabela for the giggles but ended up being surprised with how sweet and moving the romantic storyline was. 10/10 would romance again.

I haven't played Inquisition yet but I'm looking to get my hands on a copy ASAP.
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
Rusty
phillion/danosaur <//3

swofro wrote: Harvest moon, both gba and nds. I love the relaxing concept of it, and you can choose who you want to fall in love with and whatnot but not a slow game like animal crossing. I seriously cannot do animal crossing because of how impatient I am. Haha.
Ah! I love the Harvest Moon series. I hardly have time to play video games anymore, but when I do its usually one of those. I was nearly addicted to Story of Seasons for a while. Though, all the games I love are sort of "old". Like the .hack// series, Okage Shadow King, Legend of Legaia to name a few. The last game I actually purchased was Life is Strange and I just watched my fiancée play as much as I did like it.
Winterbury
squish
Pronouns: she/her • they/them

fel I think I actually love you.

@your playthrough:
Oh god, I know playing a game 100% blind is an unqiue experience but I don't know what I had done if I'd accidentally killed Alistair :? He's like the human embodiment of a Golden Retriever (wait, no, that's Cullen) Tho I'm almost inclined to say it's better than making him king because I did NOT have a demon baby with Morrigan for you to have a cameo in Inquisition just to kick out your own mum, mister.
But really, woah, mad respect for not reloading some old safe because that's 100% what I would've done.

Also, oh boy, fiendzoned by Fenris? And you romanced Anders afterwards? Ohh fel. You poor soul.
Did you kill him in the end?

Your Inquisitor sounds awesome tho!! Haha, I don't think I'm ever gonna romance Iron Bull because of the well, rather unique parts of his romance ( :D ) but from what I've seen, his quests provide some of the best comedy in the entire game. He's awesome.
Okay, you just motivated me to write a bit about my own characters:
I should mention that I, for some reason, feel a lot more comfortable playing as a male in video games so yeahh, get ready for a testosterone-overdose

My canon Warden is Lysander Cousland. He's a warrior and I didn't really care about roleplaying when I started DA:O, he just kinda did what I would've done in his place (=he was a nice guy who liked bad jokes and enjoyed riling people up now and then) (tho I like to think I played him a bit more snarky/self-confident). I made Zevran my biffle because he's ridiculously smooth and so fun to romance?? + dat accent.
I was pretty close with most of my companions (tho I didn't recruit Shale and never got too comfy with Sten)and ended up sleeping with Morrigan so my precious Warden didn't have to die, lol. And, as I said, I made Alistair king because 1) he's my bro and 2) I couldn't stand Anora and Loghain.

My Hawke was called Valentine. I made him a mage because I thought it would be fitting, considering the plot of DA2. Hawke is probably my favourite video game protagonist, ever, because I couldn't stop choosing the purple conversation option and that made him the snarkiest badass in all of Thedas. (i even came up with a fitting backstory for him this time! +1 character development).
Because I'm a real nerd™, I maxed out friendship with all of my companions and ofc romanced Fenris. /sighs/ I'm still a frequent Fenhawke fanfiction reader. In the end, I supported the mages and tho I was legit mad at him, didn't kill Anders. The guy was my favourite companion in Awakening and even after some of the crap he pulled in 2, I just couldn't do it :( I got pretty attached to all DA2 companions in general - they were all great, unique characters and felt like real friends.

In Inquisition, I played as an Elf for the first time and lemme tell you, it won't be the last. Because I actually forgot to come up with a proper name for my Lavellan I named him Roxas lmao (fun fact: all my male Pokémon MCs, too, are called Roxas) I actually gave him a real backstory that, ngl, is a bit cheesy (tl;dr: his first girlfriend was a human mage who got killed by another Dalish clan and he now has issues™ because he couldn't protect the one he loved) and made him a warrior. He was a bit more subdued than my previous characters but stilla cool guy who knew how to crack a joke. It was so much fun to play with him.. and to romance Dorian. Yes, I did wistfully look at Cullen but who needs that fancy templar when you have a Tevinter mage to smooch 8-) .
bedhead91 wrote: While we're on the topic of Dragon Age, my favorite subject:
In Dragon Age Origins I was as a city elf rogue, and I sort of naturally played her as being snarky, world-weary and rough around the edges. I ended up falling for Alistair despite myself, and ended up being heartbroken at the end because I didn't harden him. I didn't harden Isabela either, I am a softie like that. I also crowned Alistair king and chose Harrowmont over Bhelen.

As for Dragon Age 2, I was a a rogue again...very original I know. I romanced Isabela for the giggles but ended up being surprised with how sweet and moving the romantic storyline was. 10/10 would romance again.

I haven't played Inquisition yet but I'm looking to get my hands on a copy ASAP.
Oh man, it's always the nice ones that break you heart. I actually prefer unhardened Alistair over hardened Alistair but that probably wouldn't the case if I had romance him.

And a 1000x yes!! to Isabela being a total sweetheart! I truly love Varric and was absolutely prepared to take him on all my quests in DA2... but them Isabela came along I ended up taking her almost everywhere. She's just that good.
Isabela/Merrill/Fenris is imo the team with the perfect amount of both bantz and angst, haha.

Be prepared to dedicate your entire life to Inquisition, friend.
felucca wrote: I could go on discussing this for days too. And Mass Effect, please tell me about Mass Effect, guys. What was your Shepard like and what did they do? (Were you also cockblocked by calibrations?)

Omg, Garrus. Gotta love the guy. As I mentioned earlier, I'm still in the middle of my first ME playthrough.
My Shepard is called Riley; he's a Spacer/Sole Survivor and an Infiltrator because I was told that class isn't too hard to play. lies!!11
He started off as a pretty harsh Renegade and it really made fun to punch everyone in the face (tho I DID NOT expect him to actually knock out that one scientist lmao) but killing civilians and being an ass to aliens like my bro Garrus wasn't part of my agenda so I slowly turned him into a Paragon. He still likes to punch people who get on his wrong side, tho.
I'm romancing Liara (who makes me seriously question my sexuality lol) with him rn but I plan on romancing Kaidan in a later game because the guy's adorable.
felucca wrote: Any of you guys up for Pokémon Go? I'm so getting it the moment it's released, I need it in my lifeeeeee. :geek: I kind of ruined the regular Pokémon games for myself by getting too serious (no one needs EV training, NO ONE) but this feels like a fresh start - I reeeally hope it's good because I can't wait! My dreams of becoming a real life Pokémon trainer might finally come true! fight me
Omgggg I'm SO excited you have no idea. We still don't know when it's going to be released, do we? I need to be prepared. I'm gonna buy one of those bracelets and actually go out to hunt Pokémon. My body's gonna be so confused by all the voluntary exercise lol
crash[]
butt chair

I am here to bite the bait.

I pretty much only play indie games, fighting games, and adventure titles. I'm not afraid to try out games from genres I'm not crazy about, though. (Open world RPGs with fantasy elements make me barf internally, that schtick is so oversaturated now. I'm sorry everyone.)

Anyway,
What'cha playing atm?

During school time, I never have time to invest in games that would involve me no life-ing to immerse myself, so normally I'm always playing some fighting games (Skullgirls, MvC, Guilty Gear, Smash 4, etc. etc.), or just a very short indie game. I have dev team loyalty to Lab Zero and Supergiant.

Faves/Hated games/series/characters/consoles/formats?

Transistor. My avatar and username are references to Transistor. I love Transistor.
Skullgirls is one of my faves purely for Peacock. She is best girl.
I have a soft spot for some RPG Maker games, like Yume Nikki, Ib, and The Witch's House.
Sonic is my guilty pleasure. Don't talk to me about Sonic Boom.
Misc. games that I played but not super involved: Ace Attorney, Amnesia, Catherine, Xenoblade Chronicles, Bravely Default, Persona 4, this list will be too long I'm aborting it now.

What have you pre-ordered months ago and are impatiently waiting for?

Due to dev tem loyalty, I am super looking forward to Indivisible. I'm just gonna link to the Indiegogo now. https://igg.me/at/indivisibleRPG/x
angrymob wrote:I really liked Life is Strange until the last episode. I feel that they really dropped the ball on what could have been done. They ran out of money, and just weren't able to deliver what they themselves wanted to. I did see however, some great fan budget outlines/work-arounds, but I doubt they have any plans to revamp it.
The shitstorm at a certain imageboard on the internet was fantastic, but yeah, it was just awful how the ending choice came about. I'm surprised I didn't hear about it more from die hard fans everywhere else.