Adrian Howell

alien
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her

I read through his website so maybe I missed it somewhere but what are his credentials? Has he been certified somewhere? I know here in the US there are actual certifications for both life coaching and personal training. Is it not the same in the UK?

I know the internet is littered with this kind of thing and a lot of people don't actually care and yes he's probably coming from a genuine place of wanting to help it just drives me nuts when people claim to be experts in things that take many years. Someone's health and wellbeing is so important and not something to take lightly and I don't think he does take it lightly but I also don't think he realizes the magnitude of it.

Lastly, I'll end this pointless rant with acknowledging that I'm coming from this from a personal standpoint where I greatly suffered from malpractice and it almost cost me my life. I just hope that if Adrain gets someone who needs actual professional help he's aware enough to suggest that they seek that kind of treatment and that he doesn't convince them that if they just eat and think right all their health problems will disappear.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I’m not sure you do in the U.K. I know counsellors with whole degrees find life coaches very annoying, maybe dangerous, though the one I saw helped me a lot after various counsellors, though they were good too. I did a coaching course myself, not really accredited, before realising this and also that my own confidence and anxiety were apparently never getting there to actually do it, shame really. Makes me a little bitter to see people just waltz into it especially at a whole 22 (I was 33 and the youngest on the course, most were at least 10 years older).
greenergrass
stress mushroom

A 22 year old kid is trying to become a life coach? What the fuck. I don't follow Adrian at all but damn he sounds like he needs someone to talk him through these things and help him realize how ridiculous this is. I hope there's no kids out there actually giving him their money for this kind of thing. Unless he's actually qualified - and I don't know about UK schooling, but it seems very unlikely he'd finish qualifications at 22 years old.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

...... wonder how long it'll take him to catch that the instagram link on his side (in the last paragraph of the main page, not the icon at the bottom) is wrong.
Grey
lady door

Oh boy, life coaching! I am nosy and I really want to know how much he is charging for this. I couldnt find a price on his website but I did find a testimonial section.

That testimonial section is something else.

“I could not recommend enough the profound and encompassing impact he has had on my life.”

“With his help ... I am now off all medications!”

:shock: wow ok then. But no price listed. Huh.
I'm having a stress.
knq
lava lamp

Grey wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:11 pm Oh boy, life coaching! I am nosy and I really want to know how much he is charging for this. I couldnt find a price on his website but I did find a testimonial section.

That testimonial section is something else.

“I could not recommend enough the profound and encompassing impact he has had on my life.”

“With his help ... I am now off all medications!”

:shock: wow ok then. But no price listed. Huh.
Yeah, that last one concerns me. I hope Adrian is a thoughtful enough person to consider if someone might need more intensive therapy than he knows how to provide if and when something like that comes up.

Otherwise the testimonials section seems to be recommending his friendship, which I have traditionally been under the impression you cannot buy. :sherlock:

I believe somewhere it says a 30 minute exploratory session is free. As most of the people on his Twitter are members of the phandom, I’m somewhat prepared to cringe/cry.
alien
procrastinator

I was curious about pricing, so I asked and this is what he said:
"Thanks a lot for reaching out. The prices for my coaching vary upon the desired programme for the client, with individual sessions priced at £75 an hour.

The 8 week starter programme is priced at £600, including the following:
-Bi-weekly 1-1 calls via skype or zoom. Up to 1 hour in length.
-Unlimited messaging/voice-note support via Moxtra.
-Daily and weekly assignments, podcasts, film and book recommendations chosen in accordance with your goals/desires.
-High level accountability in order to ensure you're committed to getting the most out of yourself and the programme.

The 3 month programme is priced at £1300 for 3 months upfront, £1600 if paid in instalments (monthly).

The 6 month programme is priced at £2200 for 6 months, £2500 in instalments.

I'm happy to discuss more details with you via Skype to let you know what it involves, as well as how I can support you in accomplishing your health and wellness goals.

Thanks, Adrian"
I genuinely do wish him well and I think that's all I have left to say about it lol
kavat
pastel persona

Sooo he still doesn't claim to have any training or education in coaching. He's just a guy who made a fitness journey. The prices would be reasonable for someone with credentials, but I would not pay that to a guy who has read some books and listened to some podcasts.

I guess good for him for finding a new revenue stream but man, I hope he doesn't cause anyone any harm. Because how well meaning he might be, there's still a chance for that.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I’m not sure what truly accredited training there is for life coaching, though enough people out there do train others. The guy I saw charged £400 for 2 hours, which I somehow did, but I slipped by his expectation of a minimum of 4 sessions. He was good, though he also knew it, but he was in his 50s, ex-teacher and minister, and a lovely guy when he wasn’t occasionally being a touch arrogant. I’d recommend him to anyone, though. Adrian’s likely to do pretty well if he isn’t crap somehow.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

alien wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:34 am I was curious about pricing, so I asked and this is what he said:
"Thanks a lot for reaching out. The prices for my coaching vary upon the desired programme for the client, with individual sessions priced at £75 an hour.

The 8 week starter programme is priced at £600, including the following:
-Bi-weekly 1-1 calls via skype or zoom. Up to 1 hour in length.
-Unlimited messaging/voice-note support via Moxtra.
-Daily and weekly assignments, podcasts, film and book recommendations chosen in accordance with your goals/desires.
-High level accountability in order to ensure you're committed to getting the most out of yourself and the programme.

The 3 month programme is priced at £1300 for 3 months upfront, £1600 if paid in instalments (monthly).

The 6 month programme is priced at £2200 for 6 months, £2500 in instalments.

I'm happy to discuss more details with you via Skype to let you know what it involves, as well as how I can support you in accomplishing your health and wellness goals.

Thanks, Adrian"
I genuinely do wish him well and I think that's all I have left to say about it lol
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Damn. Those are some prices. Though I've looked up some life coaches in my area and they don't seem to be that abnormal. Most of those people have some kind of background in psychology and other things though, which Adrien does not have. Also it seems to me that, if you're serious and passionate about making this a career, other than credentials you'd need actual life experience. Or that's at least what I'd be looking for? A 22 year old does not have the kind of life experience that would make this an ideal career to step into.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Phantasy
woodland creature

Updated his Instagram name again, this time to AdrianHowellCoaching...
Since he’s now a self-proclaimed life coach, hope he’s using the time to take some courses and get some basic accreditation (though I sincerely doubt it)—a quick search of business entities turned up nothing either so it amounts to a cash on the side operation.

At least he’s serving some quality Colin content—that’s something. (Also, he’s been crediting a lot of photos to collette_townsend... new lady friend, methinks.)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Adrian selling a weight loss program now...

please stop.
alien
procrastinator

it really takes a special person to sell a weight loss program, of all things, during a global pandemic lulz
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Dare I ask--is it of his own devising? Was this advertized in an Insta story? @adrianhowellruns seems to have disappeared.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

lefthandedism wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:50 pm Dare I ask--is it of his own devising? Was this advertized in an Insta story? @adrianhowellruns seems to have disappeared.
Oh yes, he rebranded that to @adrianhowellcoaching.

The relevant bit of the caption:
It took me only a matter of months to create drastic changes in the quality of my life. However, it has taken my years to be able to communicate this in a way that can truly help others. ⁣⁣
.⁣⁣
This is why I have created a 12 Week Weight Loss Accelerator Programme — to provide clarity, sustainability and results, with your relationship to nutrition and lifestyle. I’m looking for 5 committed individuals to work 1-1 with to create long-lasting results. If you are interested, click the link in my bio and send me a message. 🤙🏼🌱
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

lefthandedism wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:50 pm Dare I ask--is it of his own devising? Was this advertized in an Insta story? @adrianhowellruns seems to have disappeared.
I figure we should embed the post for clarity:

@adrianhowellruns was changed to @adrianhowellcoaching maybe a month or two ago iirc (could be longer, I have no idea). I know he's been sharing more testimonials for the services he offers so I guess it's probably becoming his main focus and/or main income right now online.

Whoops dizzy got there first but I'm too lazy to restructure my whole post lmao

Either way this is really concerning because of what alien said, but also because similarly to him starting life coaching, he is in no way qualified to do it. And even if he has qualifications, in the UK it takes literally nothing to become a nutritionist (rather than a dietitian, which takes much more schooling and skill), and I imagine that's what he would go through to get qualified for this. It's super dangerous imo because I know for a fact young people would go for this and it could really mess them up if given certain information. And personally, I think Adrian looks unhealthy to me, and that his lifestyle isn't the healthiest, and therefore not something he should be advising people on. I'm really basing that on how he seems to over-exercise (he goes for hours on end each day - a doctor usually recommends taking breaks between days to not over-exert yourself), and sometimes he looks genuinely ill (skin looking pinched, complexion on the unhealthy yellow side etc). I also want to state that's just my observations and I'm not a doctor or qualified to comment on any of this, especially as I don't know him. I really just fear for what this could do to potential clients of his.

Not to mention, "accelerated weight loss"? All of that sounds really unsafe to me.

On a side note, I really recommend this BBC three documentary from 2016 to learn more on the topic and dieting fads in the UK. Trigger warnings for: eating disorders, disordered eating, dieting, food.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

He seems to be playing around with his branding still - he took the words Weight Loss out of the name. I wonder if it was a response to critique or if it just wasn't actually working and no one was buying into it. Now he's advertising it as '12 Week Holistic Health Accelerator programme.'

He and his girlfriend are in Italy right now. I'm gathering that it's pretty inexpensive to travel and stay there if all you're really doing is biking/hikes but I'm still impressed at his determination to avoid talking about world events. I am not even saying that in an entirely sarcastic way, he and I are (physically and I'd gather just in terms of life situation) in very different places. I just can't fathom feeling comfortable disengaging my mind and my energy from upheaval of the world right now.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I just...he just truly makes no sense to me. Like. The delusion. The Caucacity. I cannot.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Adrian "white saviour" Howell is at it again...

I just. I just! The ignorance baffles me lmao
alien
procrastinator

oh my god I hate it, I hate it so much
dontpanic
#relatable

ew... but also does he live in Italy or is he really traveling around europe right now?

like, he's young so I really hope he gets it through his head soon that poc aren't there to be a prop for instagram... his whole colonial tourism schtick is just really gross.

also, I know this is petty, but I can't believe he only bought something worth €3... if you're gonna exploit someone at least give her a 20, you know?
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

dontpanic wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:26 am ew... but also does he live in Italy or is he really traveling around europe right now?

like, he's young so I really hope he gets it through his head soon that poc aren't there to be a prop for instagram... his whole colonial tourism schtick is just really gross.

also, I know this is petty, but I can't believe he only bought something worth €3... if you're gonna exploit someone at least give her a 20, you know?
oh 100000% this!!

and yeah, he's travelling lol. he hasn't said a single thing about the pandemic, I imagine he probably assumes his vegan powers and fitness make him immune.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Adrian and his girlfriend adopted a cat... ignoring all the obvious questions I have like, how the hell is that gonna work when you're planning on traveling Europe indefinitely and also know nothing about cats...

... I can't believe they got a (mammal-type) pet before Dan and Phil.
Phantasy
woodland creature

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:19 pm Adrian and his girlfriend adopted a cat... ignoring all the obvious questions I have like, how the hell is that gonna work when you're planning on traveling Europe indefinitely and also know nothing about cats...

... I can't believe they got a (mammal-type) pet before Dan and Phil.
Adrian posted an update that they’re going to keep the cat “after a lot of research”. I imagine it’s going to be a paperwork nightmare importing an unregistered pet back to the UK. I’m rolling my eyes hard, but also, dammit, it’s an adorable kitten and they picked a cute name, Lena.

He really does seem to be living in this bubble reality at the moment—while the world is in a tailspin, he wiles away weeks living a bohemian existence in the Italian Alps (I’m annoyed that I’m a bit jealous of it too).

Although it didn’t need saying, he actually used the word “girlfriend” when referring to Collette his constant companion for several months now—so that’s two big boxes he’s managed to check before D&P... a warm blooded pet AND labeling his relationship with his partner. :shrug: