Grace Helbig

fancybum
senpai

I think they’re trying to kill me :happytears:

Oh and this happened:

There was good stuff in there (nothing really that outright about their relationship except for Joe teasing them throughout - for the highlight of that, just skip to 1:18:20 :lol: )
Last edited by fancybum on Sun May 05, 2019 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

I don't even know how to express how emotionally satisfying their relationship is to me. Why? How? I don't know. It just is.
fancybum
senpai

It's a little perplexing because so much PDA from probably any other couple would annoy me I think, BUT I LOVE THIS and want them both to be HAPPY. Maybe it's just because they've both presented as pretty closed off and private in the past, so this is more vulnerable coming from them, not only separately, but especially together. Double whammy of feels, idk <3
kavat
pastel persona

This thread has just turned into cute pictures of Grace and Elliott but I mean come on
fancybum
senpai

Development: Grace and Elliott are moving in/have moved in together per the latest Valleycast podcast at 41:40
:lilheart:
kavat
pastel persona

Aw yeah, he mentioned it in the Fundamentalists podcast too. I guess that's why Grace rented a dumpster a few weeks ago, to get rid of stuff to fit his things.

I wonder if we're going to get a video with them both soon, or if she's hesitant about that after Brooks.
kavat
pastel persona

I guess this answers my question but also HOW CUTE

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

This is not entirely the place for this but we don't have an Elliott thread so... yikes.

kavat
pastel persona

Wow. That's awful. I really wonder what happened here. I don't follow them closely enough to have any idea what went down (I did notice she was gone from the podcast though) but whatever happened it's obviously really hard to deal with. They're not just firing someone, they're breaking up with a friend. You can tell that she's really hurting and it's a weird contrast to the guys' video.

I wish her all the best. I hope she can find success on her own.
scientia
phabergé

kavat wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:13 am Wow. That's awful. I really wonder what happened here. I don't follow them closely enough to have any idea what went down (I did notice she was gone from the podcast though) but whatever happened it's obviously really hard to deal with. They're not just firing someone, they're breaking up with a friend. You can tell that she's really hurting and it's a weird contrast to the guys' video.

I wish her all the best. I hope she can find success on her own.
Yikes, I don't know what incident they're referring to either. Steve seems less 'happy' than the other two. I guess there must have been some backlash, as the like-to-dislike is currently at 3.7 to 16. They updated the description with the following:
*UPDATE* - Yep. We totally messed up with how we made this video. We meant well and missed the mark.... bad. Sincere apologies. Here is our updated public statement:

Friends of The Valleyfolk, by now you know that difficult decisions were made and statements were released, and there are lots of speculation and rumors going around. We’d like to address that as much as we can here.

We understand that the video we released seemed a little disingenuous, but none of us were prepared for how to handle this. What we knew was, difficult decisions needed to be made and you all needed to know about them as soon as possible and it needed to be as truthful, fair and informational, but also hopeful and positive as possible. We realize after all of your responses that you would have preferred clarity and we respect and completely get that. There are too many versions of that video and it seems we just chose poorly. We did our best to be as transparent as possible while also maintaining mutual sensitivity. Unfortunately there is legal red tape in the way of specific details being shared. Period. That’s the nature of how this has to be. It’s not ideal. But for very specific reasons we just cannot share any further details. And we are sorry that it has to be like this. But know that the core values of the group are still present, and we stand by them, as we have during this entire process. We built this thing to share in our love of comedy and entertainment with our friends and fans, and with hardships that none of us could have prepared ourselves for, despite many saying we should never go into business with friends, we choose to maintain that.

Regardless of what happens as a result of these decisions, know that they were made and presented to you while dealing with the pain of having to end a friendship and partnership. We are sorry if you feel like we’ve betrayed you. We expected some would feel that way. We are three humans who made a decision that we knew could damage the thing we built together and could ultimately lead to the end of it, but decisions needed to be made and we are now dealing with the consequences of that. With that said, please consider everyone involved and try to understand that the decision wasn’t made without a considerable amount of certainty that it was the right thing to do. And for those of you who have sent encouraging and positive messages, with well wishes for everyone equally, we see you and we appreciate you more than you’ll ever know during this incredibly difficult time.

So what happens next? Healing, communication when and where possible. And we are going to keep making stuff. Because there are people who believe in us, and WE believe in us and this crazy thing we love and care deeply about.

Thank you,

-Joe, Steve and Elliott

*ORIGINAL DESCRIPTION*
We're sorry for our silence, but we've been legally unable to update you guys until now. Lee may be off on her own adventures, but that doesn’t mean you still can’t stalk her (just not literally, please).
fieldoflovers
living flop

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:33 pm This is not entirely the place for this but we don't have an Elliott thread so... yikes.

I hate that this happened, especially as someone who has literally been watching them since day 1 of sourcefed. The fact that their clarifying statement makes clear that both their friendship and business relationship ended just hurts even more. It's always strange being hurt by actions of people you don't really know but these four really felt close and "authentic", if that word means anything anymore. They've all mentioned legal reasons so we probably won't know the whole story anytime soon so I'll just go lick my wounds and wallow while watching old videos but what can you do? It is what it is.

Also side note, because there isn't an Elliott thread, did you all know his ex-wife was on an episode of "Revenge Body with Khloe Kardashian". Someone mentioned it in a youtube comment and I had absolutely no idea that that happened. I saw some clips of it and it was sad because she said she was blindslided by their separation and was still wearing her wedding ring (she takes it off in a big dramatic scene, gotta love reality tv).
felucca
truth bomb

dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

:dh:
kavat
pastel persona

The video was a little rambly and I'm not 100% sure of what she was trying to say. It was more a way for her to vent and get some things off her chest rather than getting a clear message through, and that's fine I suppose.

I get it though, it' not easy to do the same thing for so many years while the landscape changes around you, and also while you grow up and change as a person. You have to just kind of try a bunch of things to see what works next. I hope she finds it.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I liked it. It was a few days ago so I don’t remember what specifically was good, but I like her a lot and she reminds me of me. Oh, I remember one thing, the difference in feeling about what you do now vs back then and if it’s as good or something, I felt that, though I’m still striving to do much that I’m happy with. Way back things were easier and often turned out better, though, that’s funny to see the worries get in the way even while skill might improve.
kavat
pastel persona

:happytears: :happytears:

I'm so happy for them!! <3
shan
morning quiff

Oh that's lovely news!! I haven't actively followed Grace in 6 years or so but I check in once or twice a year to watch a few videos and her and Elliott seem like such a great match.

So happy for them both <3
kavat
pastel persona

shan wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:51 am Oh that's lovely news!! I haven't actively followed Grace in 6 years or so but I check in once or twice a year to watch a few videos and her and Elliott seem like such a great match.
They really do. Not only do they have great chemistry on screen, but whenever they talk about each other on their respective podcasts it's always with so much love and respect. You could tell from the beginning that Elliott is just completely smitten with her and fills my heart with joy.
fancybum
senpai

Omg I just saw Elliott's post and got super depressed for about 2 seconds lmaoo, but then checked Grace's to double check and aw :rainbowtears:. Good for them :lilheart:
fancybum
senpai

Aw Grace and Elliott got married
kavat
pastel persona

I'm so happy for them :happytears: