The Rest of the Foursome

nephilimcat
woodland creature
Pronouns: she/her

Re: The Rest of the Foursome

Post by nephilimcat » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:38 am

plath wrote:I love Chris so much and I wish him all the happiness in the world.
I second this
pulvis et umbra sumus

flarequake
angel bean
Pronouns: She/her

Post by flarequake » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:04 pm

He's been streaming a lot of gameplay lately, three yesterday swapping between YouTube and Twitch, and a YouNow. He said he'll try to do YouNow on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and limit to an hour, though he might pop on whenever he likes. Interesting he kept it to those days away from the days Deps do (well, he's not daft, some of us will defect when they appear). He's got Patreon now too and his goal rewards are hilarious. He also said he's been unlisting them on his YouTube channel afterwards because he was losing subs when he left them up; of 700,000 subscribers, he's only getting 45 viewers on gaming livestreams (290 on YouNow, though).

Also, I love the galaxy theme font, it's so round.

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Post by alittledizzy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:04 pm

A month ago I unsubbed from all my patreons except a few $1/mo ones just to get access to things, and then Chris came along and I couldn't resist. My desire to just see him in a place where he feels confident and like his success isn't blacksliding is strong.

fancybum
angel bean

Post by fancybum » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:57 am

flarequake wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:04 pm
He's been streaming a lot of gameplay lately, three yesterday swapping between YouTube and Twitch, and a YouNow. He said he'll try to do YouNow on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and limit to an hour, though he might pop on whenever he likes. Interesting he kept it to those days away from the days Deps do (well, he's not daft, some of us will defect when they appear). He's got Patreon now too and his goal rewards are hilarious. He also said he's been unlisting them on his YouTube channel afterwards because he was losing subs when he left them up; of 700,000 subscribers, he's only getting 45 viewers on gaming livestreams (290 on YouNow, though).

Also, I love the galaxy theme font, it's so round.
I pop into his gaming when I can and it's always hilarious, I even kind of prefer it to his younows just because I don't feel like I'm missing anything (because the bants are mainly game-based), fuck if he starts doing younow for 3+hours a week I won't be able to keep up and I'll miss out on the good stuff :(
But I caught the last two and enjoyed them! And I'd just like to properly appreciate this moment from the Aug 24th show and enter his continuing Dan-lust into the record:

1:02:05
People are saying 'Daniel Howell', is he doing a livestream? 'Cause if he's streaming, I'm out of here. Not in a bad way, I mean like there's no point. I think he is Thursdays, isn't he? I kind of like the idea of kind of just piggybacking off Dan. Heh. I like that idea as well. But what I'm trying to say is like, I'll try and be on an hour before him and get all the views, then as soon as he's finished, I go straight back on. That's how you do it. I'm gonna ride him, I'm gonna ride Dan. Yeah. I'm gonna ride him... Smart, yeah, smart. Kinky. Let's move on from that.
So that's funny that he's gone with M/W/F- he did stream at the same time as them a few times last year and did get more viewers from the higher traffic, but maybe the uptick in phan-focused viewers wouldn't be worth it lol.

I wonder if he could grow a new audience just through his gaming? Like the gamers I tend to watch are people I like, whose humour I like, etc (and who probably initially got my attention through a fairly short one-off vid..). Actual gameplay, in terms of skill, isn't necessarily the priority (unless I just want to check out a new game or something, in which case the gamer/humour isn't a factor and they're not getting my sub from it anyway). Like so far (from the admittedly little I've seen) it seems to be mostly his younow crowd in the game streams too. Would random gaming people be interested in watching him constantly die in GTA? Or miss all the crates in Crash Bandicoot? Because he's not going to be catering to the hardcore people who actually want to see a '0 deaths' video, he's just fucking around for lols. I'd like to think there's a bigger audience for that, for him, just because he's so effortlessly funny, but at the same time, watching hours-long streams of gaming for comedy/personality over skill, as a new viewer.. like who's got time for that? If he did some abridged gibberish like videogamedunkey or some kind of character/parody like gamergodd88 (jacksfilms) there could be broader appeal but then.. those things already exist so it's back to square one of the frustrating struggle of coming up with something original and funny/entertaining/whatever ahhhh it truly is a nightmare, might as well just stream for 4 hours. I do hope Patreon can help him find some direction and focus without it just becoming another suffocating cause of stress.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me

fondsmiles
hobbit hair

Post by fondsmiles » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:26 pm

he is so fucking talented. i am so glad i got so much into dan and phil, because otherwise i'd never have known about PJ, and in my opinion he is the absolute best creator on youtube right now. he is so creative and his videos are such high quality. i just love them.
[x]
[x]

nephilimcat
woodland creature

Post by nephilimcat » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:59 am

fondsmiles wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:26 pm

he is so fucking talented. i am so glad i got so much into dan and phil, because otherwise i'd never have known about PJ, and in my opinion he is the absolute best creator on youtube right now. he is so creative and his videos are such high quality. i just love them.
That's true, I think he's the most creative YouTuber I am subscribed to and his videos are incredibly unique, he even makes the standard Q&A format special. I also love his short films, Hair & Brimstone is my absolute favourite (also thanks to Chris as Hades)! I hope he never stops :love1:
pulvis et umbra sumus

DatCog
woodland creature

Post by DatCog » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:39 pm

PJ and Chris reunited! Enjoyed this little spooky video :skeleton:
"My nillies are so un-willied" - Phil Lester 2017

malday
trash

Post by malday » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:38 pm

DatCog wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:39 pm
PJ and Chris reunited! Enjoyed this little spooky video :skeleton:
It looked like a remake of this:
Good to see Chris back in a skit, i haven't kept up with him since he moved to twitch.

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Post by alittledizzy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:04 pm

And the time has come for me to admit defeat, own up to the fact that Chris isn't gonna do anything else with his Patreon, and cancel that pledge on Patreon.

I was rooting for you, dude. But I don't have enough money to keep funneling it into a creator who isn't creating when there are other people I'd like to support.

fancybum
angel bean

Post by fancybum » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:05 pm

alittledizzy wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:04 pm
And the time has come for me to admit defeat, own up to the fact that Chris isn't gonna do anything else with his Patreon, and cancel that pledge on Patreon.

I was rooting for you, dude. But I don't have enough money to keep funneling it into a creator who isn't creating when there are other people I'd like to support.
I’m feeling personally attacked right now. And also missing my old avatar... for totally unrelated reasons...,,

Actually Off Topic: Um just for science: why can’t I upload profile pics off my phone/laptop anymore and if that’s where a pic I want to use currently lives, where do I shove it to get it here. I recall having no luck with imgur and I’m not made of websites, damn. Ahem, for science.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me

missemma
dirty bitch
dirty bitch

Post by missemma » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:30 pm

fancybum wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:05 pm
Actually Off Topic: Um just for science: why can’t I upload profile pics off my phone/laptop anymore and if that’s where a pic I want to use currently lives, where do I shove it to get it here. I recall having no luck with imgur and I’m not made of websites, damn. Ahem, for science.
Our hosting doesn’t allow avatars to be hosted to the site so you have to host offsite. I’m more than happy to do it for you if you want to send me the image. PM me and we can sort it :)
"you don't need to say pow every time I apply some wood" - Dan Howell 2015.

yellowsubmarine
sofa crease

Post by yellowsubmarine » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:41 pm

Is anyone by any chance watching PJ's doodle stream right now? He is at his 3rd doodle I guess. I have never watched one before but the notification came up and I was like eh why not? His voice is so soothing though, and is really relaxing just watching him draw silly things. Really enjoying it.
So far he has mentioned the Star Wars premiere, going to Winter Wonderland in London. Someone asked him "How's Chris?" and he said, "He's great, actually." Just in case someone wants to watch it. He's live right now on KickThePj.
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."

pearshaped34
Ar·tic·u·late

Post by pearshaped34 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:28 pm

alittledizzy wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:04 pm

Just checked out his patreon and he only seems to have made one post since starting the thing in August which is just taking the piss out of his paying fans. When people are giving him their hard earned money if he can't manage to create as promised he could at least update their regularly so his fans are getting something for their money.