Emma Blackery

kavat
delia smith’s placenta
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Emma Blackery

Post by kavat » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:23 am

Thank you sparkle, I might check him out!

I watched Emma's weekly vlog (the short version) and she included small snippets of her new music. I must say it sounds pretty good to me, it definitely is influenced by Taylor Swift and Marina and the diamonds, but it's not a bad sound. She's also doing singing lessons and she talked about how she takes her music more seriously than ever.

She seems to be in a good place right now and I hope that lasts. I'm genuinely excited to see how this year turns out for her.
Do you make mistakes or do you make a change?

onetruetrash
blobfish

Post by onetruetrash » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:29 am

kavat wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:23 am

I watched Emma's weekly vlog (the short version) and she included small snippets of her new music. I must say it sounds pretty good to me, it definitely is influenced by Taylor Swift and Marina and the diamonds, but it's not a bad sound. She's also doing singing lessons and she talked about how she takes her music more seriously than ever.

She seems to be in a good place right now and I hope that lasts. I'm genuinely excited to see how this year turns out for her.
Taylor and Marina?! I have to see this. Weird combo but I love both of them.

kavat
delia smith’s placenta

Post by kavat » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:09 pm

onetruetrash wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:29 am
kavat wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:23 am

Taylor and Marina?! I have to see this. Weird combo but I love both of them.
Yeah she does this voice thing that I thought reminded me of Marina. I'm looking forward to hearing more!
Do you make mistakes or do you make a change?

Katka
#relatable
Pronouns: they/she

Post by Katka » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:35 pm

I watched the vlog and I liked it! She seems really happy lately and I'm glad she's in such a good place. Based on the snippets from the vlog it does sound a lot like Taylor's "Reputation" but I'll wait forming an opinion on that until we have an actual song. :D I'm not getting Marina though but there's definitely a Lorde or Tove Lo vibe to her singing style in the snippets. Like, she's doing what's most popular at the moment once more and I'm still not really convinced this is genuine Emma but if she's happy with it I'm not going to complain too much.
(used to be Birdie)