Emma Blackery

onetruetrash
blobfish

How come I follow both of them and never saw this? By the way, shouldn't this be added to the Emma Blackery File?
human
dan hand trash

Idgaf about her book tbh, I don't want to read it etc but I think she looks cute on the cover haha.

I kinda like her lately, besides the fact she got an easy book deal with what was prolly minimum effort; I have a feeling she's self aware to realise that though. I watched her vlogs about her new lounge furniture and all that jazz and found myself surprisingly interested. I feel she's being a lot more genuine lately and I think it does her good mentally and emotionally to be sincere and it's showing. I almost subscribed to vloggery but didn't haha I like being able to dip in and out.

Tbh I kinda like she reached out a branch to Dan and I hope people don't pile on her for doing it, she's trying to get on with stuff and stop letting immature dumb stuff ruling her life and I commend her for it.

Randomly I want to like her music as her voice is kinda cute and interesting, but it's just not my thing. It makes me sad that she looks at people like Dodie and envies their ability to be original and popular and creative, but I feel like she still isn't 100% convinced by her own sound yet but that may come if she just keeps on writing and working and doing what makes her feel passionate about music.

Lol this was such a Blackery brain dump. But all in all, I'm liking her and want her to do well and be happy.
onetruetrash
blobfish

Are she and Evan friends again? Emma mentioned him in a liveshow and they seem friendly.
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé
Pronouns: she/her

I've been reading this thread for many pages and I just realized her name is not "Black-Berry" so obviously I pay a lot of attention to her in the youtube world.
sparkle
blobfish

I'm just gonna put this out there and say her 'I Lived Like a Sim' video is one of my new favourite YouTube videos ever
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
onetruetrash
blobfish

sparkle wrote:I'm just gonna put this out there and say her 'I Lived Like a Sim' video is one of my new favourite YouTube videos ever
I definitely admire her dedication. Standing up for four hours just watching TV damn
000dia000
emo goose

sparkle wrote:I'm just gonna put this out there and say her 'I Lived Like a Sim' video is one of my new favourite YouTube videos ever
She's been making some pretty good videos lately. She's sort of adopted Safiya Nygaard's Buzzfeed style of trying out wacky things, and it's a good forumla for her to use. I don't find it "copying" as in she uses original ideas, some that Safiya has even tried herself. They're my favourite videos of hers at the moment.

Also, this video she posted to her twitter was interesting:
Comparison of two videos:
She addresses a guy who copied her "If Websites Started Dating" video, nearly word for word in some parts. This isn't the first time she called out someone copying her, a German YouTuber did it before in the past. I found this interesting as she made a clear distinction between blatant rip-off and "inspiration" from a video. I think in the earlier pages of this thread there was a discussion where people happened to note how her meme video was eerily similar to Dan's. I don't think she credited Dan in any way when she made her video, however. I found it interesting nevertheless that she addressed how she has been "inspired" though.
:cactus:
onetruetrash
blobfish

000dia000 wrote:
She's been making some pretty good videos lately. She's sort of adopted Safiya Nygaard's Buzzfeed style of trying out wacky things, and it's a good forumla for her to use. I don't find it "copying" as in she uses original ideas, some that Safiya has even tried herself. They're my favourite videos of hers at the moment.

Also, this video she posted to her twitter was interesting:
Comparison of two videos:
She addresses a guy who copied her "If Websites Started Dating" video, nearly word for word in some parts. This isn't the first time she called out someone copying her, a German YouTuber did it before in the past. I found this interesting as she made a clear distinction between blatant rip-off and "inspiration" from a video. I think in the earlier pages of this thread there was a discussion where people happened to note how her meme video was eerily similar to Dan's. I don't think she credited Dan in any way when she made her video, however. I found it interesting nevertheless that she addressed how she has been "inspired" though.
Come to think of it, you make a good point. Didn't someone say that she posted the picture people memed to tumblr asked them to make a meme out of it? I don't remember if that comment was posted on here or on Youtube, but apparently she also deleted the post soon after and then uploaded the meme video, which had a very similar format to Dan's.

To be fair, she didn't copy the video word for word or anything like Kelly (the German YouTuber) and that guy I don't know the name of, but it was definitely inspired by Dan's video.
fancybum
senpai

BEEF
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

Wait, what's happening? Did Dean do something or what is this about? I'm basically Evan right now waiting for some answers. :?
fancybum
senpai

It was literally over nothing! This started it: And basically Emma went the passive-aggressive route with insinuating Jack is garbage when Louise was just joking and then everyone piled on from there lol.

Emma's very official 'whoops':
Birdie
blobfish

Emma has this really special talent that every time I start liking her again and think she's really changed she pulls something like this. Every single time.

I totally hate how she insinuates she got baited in her apology by the way. "It's very hard not to bite when..." There was nothing to bite, this wasn't about her at all. She decided to chime in when she could have left well alone. Her apologies are very often non-apologies along the lines of "Yes, I did something wrong but I only did it because these other people did something worse first". By the way, maybe I missed it but what exactly does she mean when she says she got mocked by these people (I guess she means Hazel and her friends?) for years? I only remember Hazel's shade at her when her hamster died which wasn't okay at all but did something else happen? (Tbh, Emma's one to talk or did she forget about how she literally mocked someone else relentlessly for years as well? I know she apologised for that and she doesn't do it anymore but her holier-than-thou attitude really bothers me. She always says she's above drama like this but she isn't and never was.)
fancybum
senpai

Considering it always gets brought up by them in one way or another, I assume the hamster jab was the end of any goodwill there and based on Hazel not giving a shit and just finding it funny, I could easily see that being some kind of running joke with that crowd and Emma's aware of it. And maybe she's thinking of the whole book thing too, from earlier in this thread? (even though that was also her just stepping into something she didn't really need to be part of..). If she didn't have a book to sell, one that's all about being mature and learning from mistakes cough cough, I bet we'd get more dirt about what all they've done (or what she thinks they've done at least). Anyway all of this stuff just makes me so uncomfortable every time she interacts with Dodie, because she just comes off like she's trying so hard to be Dodie's good friend to make up for everybody else Dodie knows (and lives with..) not liking her, if that makes sense. It gives me secondhand-anxiety and I just feel bad for everyone.
But I mean, I need internet drama to get through the work day so..
000dia000
emo goose

They're all so messy. I now hate them all. Emma needs to stay in her lane and stop jumping into other peoples "drama' and actually creating drama from it.
:cactus:
NarrysCanary
janice from the shop

She deleted her tweets it seems
:biheart:
Moony
sofa crease

wait, what? I am not keeping up at all lol, what happened exactly?
human
dan hand trash

Katka wrote:Emma has this really special talent that every time I start liking her again and think she's really changed she pulls something like this. Every single time.
SAME. I mean, yes Jack is a tit but there was so need to involve herself and on twitter no less.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Mess. #TeamNobody although I'm actually rolling my eyes harder at Hazel and Jack rn. They're really going for that most obnoxious couple award huh? When they're not being condescending little bitches getting boners over over their ~superior content~ and the amount of movie premieres they get invited to as seat fillers they just have to be defensive to the max over everything while they're really no better than Emma.

nnnn at Carrie's hypocritical ass trying to be a voice of reason as well, as if she and her mother aren't always passively agrresively reacting to people who don't kiss her ass and don't even @ her.

Anyway, I'll gladly support them dragging down their careers with each other
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
fringechecks
banned
Pronouns: xer/xem

simmehchan wrote:Anyone gonna be at her UK book tour? I wouldn't normally consider it but seeing as it's the same price as a book is I thought why not.
I'm going! I never go to tours like this but the price caught my eye as well as what else you get (a picture and her signing the book). Prices to meet her are quite cheap compared to other youtubers *cough* *cough*
fancybum wrote:BEEF
I don't know why Emma started it but it makes you wonder what's being going on recently and why all of them keep causing drama? Didn't Emma start drama with someone on a train the other day because they were eating crisps? Misophonia is rare I'm sure and how can you expect someone to know you have misophonia when you're a stranger?

Like, I know Emma isn't unproblematic but it seems she's shading someone left right and centre. She's great but I don't know what's going on. And Hazel and Jack aren't any better, considering Jack just fueled the situation.
used to go by the dreaded username 'wolfgutscharlie'
fringechecks
banned
Pronouns: xer/xem

(Also, she's just gone on gurugossip and posted and I'm proud of her for doing it again, in a lot more mature way.)
used to go by the dreaded username 'wolfgutscharlie'
onetruetrash
blobfish

After seeing all the tweets, it didn't seem like Emma did anything wrong tbh. I mean, it looks like Louise was being petty for no reason and Jack and Hazel were being, well, Jack and Hazel. Am I missing something here?
Birdie
blobfish

onetruetrash wrote:After seeing all the tweets, it didn't seem like Emma did anything wrong tbh. I mean, it looks like Louise was being petty for no reason and Jack and Hazel were being, well, Jack and Hazel. Am I missing something here?
I think people are bothered by it because she once again barged into a conversation that had nothing to do with her and then later made it seem like she was baited when she wasn't. Louise's tweet was harmless enough and Hazel and Jack didn't feel offended so why would Emma? There was no reason for Emma to start unnecessary drama again but she did.
onetruetrash
blobfish

Katka wrote:
onetruetrash wrote:After seeing all the tweets, it didn't seem like Emma did anything wrong tbh. I mean, it looks like Louise was being petty for no reason and Jack and Hazel were being, well, Jack and Hazel. Am I missing something here?
I think people are bothered by it because she once again barged into a conversation that had nothing to do with her and then later made it seem like she was baited when she wasn't. Louise's tweet was harmless enough and Hazel and Jack didn't feel offended so why would Emma? There was no reason for Emma to start unnecessary drama again but she did.
I think she was just paranoid that she was being shaded. A lot of people get like that.
human
dan hand trash

wolfgutscharlie wrote:(Also, she's just gone on gurugossip and posted and I'm proud of her for doing it again, in a lot more mature way.)
Yeah, I'll agree with you here. I'm impressed but I hope she's not dragging herself down by continuing to get involved in all of this. I'm rooting for her
Last edited by human on Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thephandommenace
procrastinator

Oh... I came in here to echo human's earlier opinion about liking her more these days. And also point out that she mentioned Dan and Phil by name in day 2/3 (?) of her SiTC vlog (not that it's a huge deal. I just thought it was nice that she didn't shy away from complimenting their merch or avoid calling them by name like she has in the past, it felt like a peaceful extension of an olive branch). And the clip of her genuine surprise at winning the award in Day 3/3 was sweet, I thought.
I don't know what she tweeted about Jack and it probably wasn't called for at all but Hazel and Jack are probably THE most obnoxious pretentious hypocrites. I wonder if they habitually slag her off in their group along with Sammy and Daniel and co. YouTube is basically just high school and I'm sick to the teeth of everyone's petty public arguments.