Gleam Team

sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

This is all fun & laugh; but at the same time establish Queen Zoella status within Gleam itself
cucu
tol bean
Pronouns: she/her

"When Conor Maynard wins a grammy" yeah.... not sure about that happening Caspar

I used to absolutely adore and admire Zoella back in 2013/early 2014 - she was super pretty, seemed really nice and positive and was open about having anxiety. (My anxiety was particularly severe back then so I benefited from having a "rolemodel" of some sorts). All her videos actually seemed somewhat genuine back then - I actually felt like she enjoyed creating the content she was putting out. Then the whole entire ghostwriter scandal happened, and I just felt like that completely ruined any sort of integrity or genuine quality Zoe had to her? She blatantly lied to her audience and didn't even own up to her mistakes - with that crappy book having a sequel now, it's like she's still putting up the facade that she actually wrote it??? Not to mention her content went completely down the drain, and the presence of pointlessfrog and NAARRLAA in her vlogs became unbearable to watch. :?
lilMango
morning quiff

I used to like Zoella, but I was young and naive back in those days. lol.
Nowadays I like Louise, I genuinely think there isn't a bad bone in her body. Filming her daughter isn't done out of exploitation, in my opinion, but for memories and just to share what is happening in her life.
Caspar and Joe are funny, although sometimes Caspar is just annoying to me. The prank war was funny, and Joe comes up with creative collab ideas so I like watching them.
TBH I like Alfie more than Zoe now. He seems more down to earth than she does.
As for Jim, Tanya, Marcus etc.... super boring. I don't know how anyone could sit through their videos. (except maybe Marcus. at least his voice is entertaining.)
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
DryCereal
koi pond

lilMango wrote:TBH I like Alfie more than Zoe now. He seems more down to earth than she does.
Please tell me that was intentional...
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

When I first got into YouTube I mainly watched JacksGap (and Bertie's old vlogs) which led me to a bunch of the Gleamers, Zoe, Joe and Louise mainly (and also to Dan and then Phil thanks to the Speak Internet collab). I liked Zoe especially her anxiety video, sibling stuff with Joe and collabs with Louise. These days I watch Louise on and off. I love her, but I'm not that into makeup to watch all her stuff. I've gone through phases of watching a lot of people so I watched a few of Jim's videos and he's adorable.

Recently watched a glut of Joe and Caspar's prank vids and a few vlogs. I find it funny how far Joe's come so fast since I remember his earlier stuff, though I found that a while after he'd started. He was such a cute little thing and now he's such a muscly little thing. I went off them for a while because their humour's so juvenile, but now and again they're hilarious and cosy to watch.
smarties
glabella

I used to watch Zoe in 2013-2014, especially vlogs and not much the main channel cos there are so many more professional beauty gurus out there!!
Back then she was really enjoyable, going out, going to conventions, having friends over etc. and her personality and happyness added a bit to the mix.
Nowadays, mostly cos of her anxiety I think, she just live inside and that's sad cos she got the resources and time to go for professional help but she doesn't seem want it.
These days I just check from time to time Alfie's vlogs to see how Nala is doing (I that pug).

I've loved Joe and Caspar prank war as roommates (and I have to confess that I took some inspiration... :mrgreen: ), so now I'm quite sad since they've moved to separate flats...

No idea about Marcus' content.
No idea about Janya's content.
No idea about Alfie's content (apart from daily vlogging twice a month).

The only gleamer I'm subscribed to is Louise. I live for baking and diy fail videos! And her vlogs too!!
I feel like she's still genuine cos since the beginning of Youtube she got a kid and a husband (even if now not anymore :( ) to keep her down to earth.
She announced in one of her last video that she's dating someone outside of Youtube so thumbs up to Louise...right choice!!
I'd love to see her live show...why don't I Iive in the UK?? :rage:
sweetmm wrote:I have a feeling that there was an underline "feeling" between Louise & Jack but Jack did not act on it as it was too early to Louise's break-up. However the US guy just jump in and took the opportunity to sweep Louise off her feet and took her for a ride.

Jack and Hazel move fast as I think Jack did not want to loose out again; if my "theory" about him and Louise was right Jack did not want to loose out 3rd time. The first was Carrie.
Interesting theory here about Jack, even if I've never thought there was an underline feeling between Jack and Louise from both parts. Don't know about Carrie, though.
The US guy instead (called Drew if I remember well), totally jumped in to provide Louise some distractions... :mrgreen:
blueapple_x wrote:
Do her and Jack not hang out anymore or something?
I think they hang out less nowadays cos she's hired a professional editor for her videos, while before it was Jack to do the job.

Mykie wrote:Can't stand the family vloggers tbh .I mean who in their right mind uses their kids to earn a living ?
Same...
SquishPhan
capita£ester

So Joe uploaded a video today, and I right away had to think about Dan's internet support group videos. Anyone else see that as well?
swofro
angel bean

SquishPhan wrote:So Joe uploaded a video today, and I right away had to think about Dan's internet support group videos. Anyone else see that as well?
Yes, I think so too!!!! I'm a bit afraid to say it because I don't think anyone else think so but yes. Halfway through, I even think 'this is the part where dan starts drinking alcohol if this is isg'.
Love is forever
SquishPhan
capita£ester

swofro wrote:
SquishPhan wrote:So Joe uploaded a video today, and I right away had to think about Dan's internet support group videos. Anyone else see that as well?
Yes, I think so too!!!! I'm a bit afraid to say it because I don't think anyone else think so but yes. Halfway through, I even think 'this is the part where dan starts drinking alcohol if this is isg'.
Glad to see that I'm not the only one thinking that. Also I didn't even get that far, because it just didn't work for me. I clicked off quite early on.
sweetmm
angel bean

Well Gleam Team managed to score a shortyawards through the SJs

corn flakes
moon room

offtopic: but these shortyawards are important? I always thought they were like the teen awards or some sort youtube circlejack?
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
daphenaxa
blobfish

honestly I think that is what they are if Saccone-Joly s won anything there
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
sweetmm
angel bean

corn flakes wrote:offtopic: but these shortyawards are important? I always thought they were like the teen awards or some sort youtube circlejack?
They look pretty legit as the main stream entertainers are awarded too; I think it is the main social media award currently

This year's winners
http://shortyawards.com/#winners
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop

daphenaxa wrote:honestly I think that is what they are if Saccone-Joly s won anything there
The Saccone-Jolys won best parents (or something like that). You know it has to be public voting because of that. Jonathan probably begged the Minions to vote for him and that is why they won! :roll:

Louise won best Guru aswell. Even though I dont count her as a beauty guru at all now. More of a mommy/lifestyle Vlogger.
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
sweetmm
angel bean

was under the same category as PVP i.e. Youtube Ensemble; there is no way to beat the DFN army in voting.
hola
crusty sponge

So niomi (the only gleamer apart from Louise I watch) recently announced the cookbook that she had been writing. She mentioned how she wrote all the recipes herself and instead of a publisher coming to her via gleam, she went to publishers (Harper collins accepted her).
I just feel like this is very refreshing for ytbers nowadays as I can't think of one ytber who has done this (maybe d&p but lbr they were asked by publishers because the same publishers also kept asking esée (idk if that is her name) to make a book until she accepted.)
sweetmm
angel bean

hola wrote:So niomi (the only gleamer apart from Louise I watch) recently announced the cookbook that she had been writing. She mentioned how she wrote all the recipes herself and instead of a publisher coming to her via gleam, she went to publishers (Harper collins accepted her).
I just feel like this is very refreshing for ytbers nowadays as I can't think of one ytber who has done this (maybe d&p but lbr they were asked by publishers because the same publishers also kept asking esée (idk if that is her name) to make a book until she accepted.)
I think she had to hunt for her own publisher as I doubt she is "famous" enough as yet to get offers from publishers.

Wasn't approached to write a book?
mintsans
sofa crease

hola wrote:So niomi (the only gleamer apart from Louise I watch) recently announced the cookbook that she had been writing. She mentioned how she wrote all the recipes herself and instead of a publisher coming to her via gleam, she went to publishers (Harper collins accepted her).
that's so cool actually!

she really does seem to care about her channel and #content and makes an effort, a shame that as soon as the break up with marcus was announced she was practically banished from the high circles of gleam quicker than they could say "niomi whoooo? don't you mean narrrrrla?" :|
sweetmm
angel bean

Louise, Alfie & Marcus were at Playlist and they filmed their collabs; due to drought I watched them. Surprisingly I enjoyed all of them, it brought back memories how I used to enjoy their collabs in those early days. It also made me realised however chummy Louise is with it will never be at the level of her with these boys.

hunnyftw
phabergé

^^^
Did the same thing and reached the identical conclusion as you about their friendship levels. I think it's especially noticeable in the Not Worth Watching. While the fact that she's probably much closer with them than with deppy is quite obvious, it surprised me how visible it was in the videos.

Idk,the one with Marcus and Alfie seemed to flow better and had an altogether more natural feel to it, didn't it? I'm almost tempted to say it was a better video than the one she did with D&P and that makes me insanely confused :lol:
DryCereal
koi pond

See the only thing that really struck me about these vids is "you were all the way over in Florida, at Playlist, with pretty much any and all YTers available for collabs, and you three who already spend a fuckload of time together and don't live more'n a couple hours away at most decide to shut yourselves away and film together?!" :confused:
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
sweetmm
angel bean

hunnyftw wrote:^^^
Did the same thing and reached the identical conclusion as you about their friendship levels. I think it's especially noticeable in the Not Worth Watching. While the fact that she's probably much closer with them than with deppy is quite obvious, it surprised me how visible it was in the videos.

Idk,the one with Marcus and Alfie seemed to flow better and had an altogether more natural feel to it, didn't it? I'm almost tempted to say it was a better video than the one she did with D&P and that makes me insanely confused :lol:
I think it goes back to boundaries and 2-way street; Louise & these boys hardly have any boundaries and I think the fact that they are also an open book to her make it vice versa. It comes across as genuine bro/sis or real life chummies to the viewers and made watching the interactions fun without any second guessing.

There is no hesitation on my side; her video with Malfie for me is more enjoyable due to their "openess". I still find her videos with , she is careful not to accidentally touch certain subjects which limited to them talking only about her awkward situations with Dan :roll: .
aralik
sad dimple

IckleMissMayhem wrote:See the only thing that really struck me about these vids is "you were all the way over in Florida, at Playlist, with pretty much any and all YTers available for collabs, and you three who already spend a fuckload of time together and don't live more'n a couple hours away at most decide to shut yourselves away and film together?!" :confused:
cannot comment on the fact that they could have collabed with other people but i think the main reason why their videos feel so natural and chummy is because they spent all that time together going to and hanging out at playlist. all those videos just feel like more organic, regular hang-outs among friends who spend a lot of time together. you know how you get when you see the same people day after day and you just become silly and fun together because there is nothing new happening to tell each other anyway
ugh.
sweetmm
angel bean

IckleMissMayhem wrote:See the only thing that really struck me about these vids is "you were all the way over in Florida, at Playlist, with pretty much any and all YTers available for collabs, and you three who already spend a fuckload of time together and don't live more'n a couple hours away at most decide to shut yourselves away and film together?!" :confused:
You can check if my memory is wrong; but they tend to do this during Playlist or whenever they travel together. I think this time is more on getting Louise as she is pretty hard to catch, also lately Gleam has been pushing the Malfie brand strong, I guess they want another Jaspar success.

Alfie also took the opportunity to collab with Roman and his gf.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I have to agree and say that I really enjoyed all three videos. Out of the three I only really watch Louise, so it was because of her that I decided to give the other two vids a change as well, and I have to say that I don't regret it. This doesn't mean I'm going to subscribe to Marcus or Alfie though.

I also agree that you can tell that the three of them are quite good friends. It probably also helps that they don’t really got any limitations when it comes to doing/saying weird stuff on camera, unlike Dan and Phil who are quite controlled. And that looseness really helps with Louise's not worth watching videos.