Charlieskies

onetruetrash
blobfish

Skylar wrote:i'm curious, what pokemon forum was it? or are we not allowed to post that information. i ask bc i go on two pokemon forums currently.
I don't know if this is allowed but https://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=131016
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

holy crap that's... weird. ._. i go on pokecommunity every day as i have a nice group of friends on the forum there and on the discord chat and..dang. that's fascinating. i wonder why he visited somewhat recently though?
:transheart:
onetruetrash
blobfish

Skylar wrote:holy crap that's... weird. ._. i go on pokecommunity every day as i have a nice group of friends on the forum there and on the discord chat and..dang. that's fascinating. i wonder why he visited somewhat recently though?
I know! I feel like he knows people are digging. What he's trying to do or communicate, I can't tell. But is it any coincidence his channel update, this login, and the pabloislove channel name change happened within the same time frame?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

onetruetrash wrote:
Skylar wrote:holy crap that's... weird. ._. i go on pokecommunity every day as i have a nice group of friends on the forum there and on the discord chat and..dang. that's fascinating. i wonder why he visited somewhat recently though?
I know! I feel like he knows people are digging. What he's trying to do or communicate, I can't tell. But is it any coincidence his channel update, this login, and the pabloislove channel name change happened within the same time frame?
Charlie was always a huge fan of Pokemon. I find it far more likely that he lurks and reads on the forum for an interest that we know he has - or even has friends he talks to privately there sometimes - than he's trying to send messages to people digging around for scraps. He left twitter and youtube, he didn't permanently disconnect himself as a person from everything internet related.
onetruetrash
blobfish

alittledizzy wrote:
onetruetrash wrote:
Charlie was always a huge fan of Pokemon. I find it far more likely that he lurks and reads on the forum for an interest that we know he has - or even has friends he talks to privately there sometimes - than he's trying to send messages to people digging around for scraps. He left twitter and youtube, he didn't permanently disconnect himself as a person from everything internet related.
I know, I just find the timing kind of odd, even more so since he has only posted once in 2009.
pastelspectre
stress mushroom

alittledizzy wrote:
onetruetrash wrote:
that's true. that's probably more likely of whats happening. still interesting though. i can't believe he most likely lurks on the same forum i go on daily. o.o
onetruetrash
blobfish

I found this Tumblr post today. It seems pretty accurate or at least the most accurate timeline for Charlie I've seen.

https://charlieskiesreuploaded.tumblr.c ... s-timeline
pastelspectre
stress mushroom

interesting timeline. i was around for a majority of the 2012/2013 stuff though, esp the no bunk. i remember that. hm.. i do wonder how charlie's doing now though.
onetruetrash
blobfish

Skylar wrote:interesting timeline. i was around for a majority of the 2012/2013 stuff though, esp the no bunk. i remember that. hm.. i do wonder how charlie's doing now though.
One of his close friends posted a picture with him about a month ago, so he seems fine.
onetruetrash
blobfish

Quick reminder that tomorrow is the 9-year anniversary of Charlie creating his channel.
onetruetrash
blobfish

So Charlie created his channel 9 years ago today. So weird how he still manages to be remembered nearly a decade later.
onetruetrash
blobfish

I know this thread is dead, but I found this tweet.
I thought Charlie met Phil first tho?
Moonbeamsonthepath
living flop
Pronouns: she

onetruetrash wrote:I know this thread is dead, but I found this tweet.
Couldn't both work?

Charlie meets Phil < Charlie meets Dan < Phil meets Dan

Wonder how Charlie met Dan, though. Through Youtube?
onetruetrash
blobfish

Moonbeamsonthepath wrote:
Couldn't both work?

Yeah, they could both work. I wondered how they met as well as I assumed Charlie only met Dan after Dan met Phil. Maybe Dan watched Charlie back in the day?
Moonbeamsonthepath
living flop

onetruetrash wrote:
Couldn't both work?

Yeah, they could both work. I wondered how they met as well as I assumed Charlie only met Dan after Dan met Phil. Maybe Dan watched Charlie back in the day?
Yeah, maybe. It would add such an interesting aspect to their dynamic if it ended up being Charlie who had introduced them, but I don't suppose it's very likely. I suppose Dan must have watched Charlie's videos and eventually messaged him.
000dia000
emo goose

onetruetrash wrote:
Couldn't both work?

Yeah, maybe. It would add such an interesting aspect to their dynamic if it ended up being Charlie who had introduced them, but I don't suppose it's very likely. I suppose Dan must have watched Charlie's videos and eventually messaged him.
Oh my God (useless comment) but that would seriously change everything
:cactus:
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

(If that was true, Dan's "We met through a mutual friend" would actually turn out to be true after all this time, can you even imagine...)
Moonbeamsonthepath
living flop

Katka wrote:(If that was true, Dan's "We met through a mutual friend" would actually turn out to be true after all this time, can you even imagine...)
Whoa. This whole drama about d&p lying and in the end they were just telling the truth
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Given that Dan was a fan of Phil's for, according to him, a couple years - it stands to reason that he also watched Charlie as well, and probably watched Phil and Charlie's collab channel and saw them interact.

I assumed Charlie's 'met Dan first' just meant that Charlie interacted with Dan on twitter first, because Dan was tweeting both of them (and probably others as well) and Charlie replied before Phil did.
onetruetrash
blobfish

Okay, glad I wasn't the only one thinking about how this changes everything and the mutual friend lie was kind of true if we're assuming Charlie is telling the truth (why would he lie about that tho). I mean, let's be honest, most of it was fake since Dan made it sound like it was a coincidence that they met and they just ran into each other.

Maybe Dan started watching Phil, found Charlie through pabloislove, became friends with Charlie, and then got Charlie to introduce him to Phil. Not sure, but who knows?

Last minute edit, just saw alittledizzy's post. Yeah, it could just be interactions on Twitter, but the way Charlie phrased it seems like it was more than just a couple Twitter replies. You don't really "know" someone by just a few Twitter replies. That's just what I think "knowing someone" counts as though, so I'm overanalyzing a bit.
pearshaped34
morning quiff

Well we know Dan was actively trying to be a part of the youtube community and wanted close online friends back then (he even made emo tweets about it). It's not really surprising he was reaching out to (and acknowledged by) other youtubers before Phil or that one of those youtubers might have been Charlie.

That being said I don't think he had any close youtuber friends before Phil so I assume Charlie knowing him first just means they were msn/facebook friends first and not that they'd met up or anything like that.

And I don't think they were ever really reached the stage of being friend friends. If I'm recalling correctly when they had their big twitter spat one of the things Dan said was that he and Charlie barely knew each other (or something along those lines).
onetruetrash
blobfish

pearshaped34 wrote:Well we know Dan was actively trying to be a part of the youtube community and wanted close online friends back then (he even made emo tweets about it). It's not really surprising he was reaching out to (and acknowledged by) other youtubers before Phil or that one of those youtubers might have been Charlie.

That being said I don't think he had any close youtuber friends before Phil so I assume Charlie knowing him first just means they were msn/facebook friends first and not that they'd met up or anything like that.

And I don't think they were ever really reached the stage of being friend friends. If I'm recalling correctly when they had their big twitter spat one of the things Dan said was that he and Charlie barely knew each other (or something along those lines).
I know, I just thought it was interesting since it kind of shows that the mutual friend lie was actually not a complete lie.

About what Dan said about barely knowing Charlie.... Ehhh..... I think he was somewhat lying about that. I mean, I think they weren't talking in 2013, (especially since Charlie seemed to be crushing on Phil), but I mean, they talked in 2009, they also hung out IRL I believe since Dan said they were gonna hang out on Daily booth, and I'm assuming they talked more afterwards since I believe they tweeted each other a couple times. Dan was probably trying to discredit him as well so people wouldn't believe what Charlie was saying about his sexuality. I don't believe they were close, but I think they definitely knew each other.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

onetruetrash wrote:
pearshaped34 wrote:Well we know Dan was actively trying to be a part of the youtube community and wanted close online friends back then (he even made emo tweets about it). It's not really surprising he was reaching out to (and acknowledged by) other youtubers before Phil or that one of those youtubers might have been Charlie.

I know, I just thought it was interesting since it kind of shows that the mutual friend lie was actually not a complete lie.

About what Dan said about barely knowing Charlie.... Ehhh..... I think he was somewhat lying about that. I mean, I think they weren't talking in 2013, (especially since Charlie seemed to be crushing on Phil), but I mean, they talked in 2009, they also hung out IRL I believe since Dan said they were gonna hang out on Daily booth, and I'm assuming they talked more afterwards since I believe they tweeted each other a couple times. Dan was probably trying to discredit him as well so people wouldn't believe what Charlie was saying about his sexuality. I don't believe they were close, but I think they definitely knew each other.
That's interesting. I actually don't think they knew each other very well, they just had other mutual friends. Dan and Phil didn't even mention hanging out with Charlie at the Halloween gathering in 2009 that they were both at. Charlie was supposed to be there with Dan and Phil and Stephen for some Apartment Red filming, but Charlie was only mentioned in the planning phases and doesn't seem to have actually been there on the day. The only time Charlie mentioned seeing Dan and Phil irl was backstage at Summer in the City.

I do think that youtubers, especially of that era, tended to say they 'knew someone' if they just talked to them online. But even if you do assume that Dan actually was friends with Charlie, the mutual friend thing is still a lie because it involved them saying they met through a mutual friend in Manchester, which Charlie was not.
onetruetrash
blobfish

I just noticed that Charlie privated his liked videos. It probably happened around the same time he unprivated his 7 facts video. I only noticed since I know I saw that he liked Onision's roast of Dan. Not really important, but I just thought I'd point it out.
onetruetrash
blobfish