PewDiePie

fancybum
senpai

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:56 am I want to give disappointed parent face to Marzia. I don't know anything about her, but I still want to say she can do better than this.

(Though realistically the money is probably good incentive to stay if she's build her career around his career.)
Whatever, she probably just laughs at him saying these things in private which makes her no better. She's not in charge of him or his words or actions, but I can't give her the benefit of the doubt anymore unless she actually speaks out against his unending idiocy. And if she thinks her career is so tied to his that she doesn't want to leave, it would also be good incentive for her to tell him to stop. fucking. up. and bringing her down by association. What a garbage fire of a person he is and what a garbage fire all the people standing by not saying anything are as well.

Miel, Anthony Padilla's girlfriend, is freely talking about it on twitter: She retweeted: So it'd be great if Anthony fucking said something at some point considering his history of friendship with Felix. Just say you don't support his shitty words and shitty actions and shitty attitude, is it that hard??

Emma B seems to have stopped sucking up to Felix so much, but here she is just a few days ago saying she watches him: Sooo still supporting him. Will she say anything, or is she just going to ignore it so she can focus on being unproblematic while selling her book? Because if she called out HAZEL for quoting the word (without the r even) how the fuuuck is Felix going to get a pass?

I've managed to not have any clue what he's up to anymore and there's still no surprise in him continuing to be garbage. There's no disappointment anymore either, I'm just disgusted. Being top of the food chain wasn't enough? Running a company full of (presumably, at one time) awesome people with a focus on giving to charity wasn't enough? He has everything and it's not enough. He wants negative attention and he wants to be a fucking victim all so he can use oppressive language to assert his superiority over others in every way available to his rich white ass. Because being a successful and pretty white man rolling in money wasn't enough. I could hurl.

I want jacksepticeye to say something, I want fucking PJ to say something, and oh yeah, I want D&P to say something. I want everybody to say something because none of the dipshit arguments about '''context'"' from last time will work here (looking at you Grace Helbig and maybe Jenna Marbles/Julien, need to double-check that). He's not running a company that Jack/Emma/PJ have a stake in anymore, they're completely free to call out some bullshit if they think it's bullshit. If they don't call it out, well then they must be fine with it. Because Felix keeps shitting on any available benefit of the doubt the people around him have left, so you know what, it's their problem now, too. And if they're too fucking chicken (or racist..??) to say anything then the least they better fucking do is never speak of him or be seen with him again as long as we all shall live. Unfollow, disengage, pretend he doesn't exist, and reiterate for those in the back that racism is embarrassing and you don't fight it with silence. Maybe we could at least enjoy the irony in that if that's all it comes to.

And if people (PJ... stop) still want to be friends with him PUBLICLY then they need to clarify that while they consider him a friend, they don't condone this shit from him or from anyone. It's the absolute fucking least anyone could do, and if they don't do it, it's for a reason. And frankly any reason that gives people a pass for being disgusting is a chickenshit invalid one, so.

(Yes I'm mad, I'm mad about having to be mad about pewdiepie again and again because he doesn't care to learn and while he's been easy enough to ignore, he's making it so I can't ignore the people I like continuing to be involved with him, or support him through silence or minimizing jokes, and I'm mad about it)
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
malday
emo goose

The excuses his fans are coming up with to defend him, i just can't.
I hope his mom and pops are proud, they raised a grade-a pos.
citizen_erased
truth bomb

What worries me most about this is not his behaviour itself (disgusting as it is), but the fact that he has 57 million subscribers. So many people who like what he does and who are okay enough with it to stay subscribed anyway. It's the same thing as with Trump: both Trump and Felix themselves are despicable, yes, but what's most worrying is how much power they managed to get anyway.

But in better news, some game companies are filing copyright claims on youtube against him, so that's good at least. Took 'em long enough.

"Games developer Campo Santo files copyright takedown requests against Felix Kjellberg after racist comment, and urges others to follow suit" (from The Guardian)
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

So turns out Felix is racist after all. Why am I not surprised. Let’s wait for another “what about free speech, why is the media out to get me, people hate me because I’m white” video of his and him trying to justify using that word. I haven’t forgiven him for his shameless antisemitism earlier this year and this just goes to show he is exactly the person I thought he was. He just doesn’t care, does he? He’s white and rich and can do whatever he pleases.

Tbh I hope all these Youtubers pretending to be all unproblematic and pro-diversity who still support him after this will go down with him when he eventually goes down. And this goes for Dan and Phil too, since they’re still talking about Felix like he’s their friend. You can’t act all “woke” on your own channel and then tolerate your friend being a racist mess, sorry. Like, either call him out on this bullshit or do not engage further. But pretending like nothing is wrong is not going to cut it this time. (And yes, I’m kind of disgusted it had to come to this for more people to realise he’s shit. Antisemitism was, once again, not bad enough for a lot of people, he had to be anti-black as well for them to wake up and that sucks in its own right.)
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom
Pronouns: she/her

Felix continues to be a colossal piece of shit I see. Smh @ past me for thinking he was possibly sincere in his apology re: Nazi jokes and being willing to give him a second chance. Fuck that.

What will it take for other youtubers to call him out finally?? Like, where are the vlogbrothers, or Tyler Oakley, Hannah Hart, other popular white youtubers who talk about social issues and consider themselves to be progressive and political? It astounds me that there isn't more outrage about this in the youtube community.

And god yes, when will Dan and Phil drop him finally?? Because by remaining silent, by continuing to speak of Felix as though he is a friend, they are implicitly siding with the oppressor. I understand they don't want to start drama, and they may feel it isn't their place to call him out, but it's so incredibly disheartening to know that they and other youtubers such as PJ value the power and influence that Felix possesses, and the benefits that he can bring them in their yt careers by virtue of association, that they prioritise his 'friendship' over condemning racism. There's no getting around what he said - he used an inexcusable racist slur, he knew what it meant, and it slipped out with such practiced ease. He is racist, no doubt about it.

It's honestly so fascinating to me how willing so many popular youtubers are to completely ignore anything bad Felix does, despite their otherwise progressive political leanings and condemnations of racism in the US government. The hypocrisy is astounding and honestly devastating.
nigel ratburn
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Ugh, and all of the "both sides!!!1!!1!" youtubers are already coming out of the woodwork to defend his right to freely spout racial slurs-- because racist rich white dudes really need people to rush to their defense, the poor things. I can't wait to see what fresh, "unbiased," self-congratulatory take Philip DeFranco has on this one. :roll:

If Deppy continue to interact with and speak about Felix positively without acknowledging this, I swear...
((although the fact that everything else wasn't bad enough is also awful))

I sincerely hope that influential people like Jack and Mark (who I don't even care about at all), and other white youtubers who like to claim how progressive they are, will actually call him out for this, but I'm not holding my breath.
bee
phabergé

I feel like he's self-sabotaging as well? By doing these things.

Not that it's about him that much now anymore. Am also interested in others like Grace & Jenna/Julien's reactions now.
twix
butt chair

I'm disappointed, but not surprised, that as far as i know no major youtubers have completely condemned pewdiepie yet. I suspect many of them, especially if they're aware of what people like Anita Sarkeesian have had to deal with on a daily basis for years now, are simply too afraid to be the first to put their necks out on the line that way. Which, as I said, is disappointing.

If other yters are smart and are interested in long-lasting change, what they should do (and what i hope they're working on as i type because it would take a few days to coordinate) is work with each other and release unified statements simultaneously. numbers are impressive to corporate overlords and it would also make it more difficult for pdp defenders/general racists to target any one individual. i would like people to go further than saying that they won't work with or subscribe to pdp; they could refuse to attend any convention at which pdp is also present, for example, which would be an action even people whose channels have nothing to do with gaming could take. (And then they need to hold each other accountable to whatever's in the statement.) A coordinated charity effort to benefit anti-racist orgs would be a good idea too.

i doubt this will happen though; getting more than three people who are used to being in charge of everything to agree on a statement is difficult and i'm not sure who would take the initiative to get the ball rolling on this.
onetruetrash
blobfish

I seriously hope Emma drops him. I'd be very disappointed in her if she didn't.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Looking at what happened last time when Jackscepticeye criticized Felix (in a still very nice way) I wouldn't be surprised if YouTubers were real fucking scared of Felix and his following.. but I really do want YouTubers to speak out. Prove to us that tweeting out a hashtag every once in a while isn't just to uphold an image, but that when they have the opportunity to actually mean something they will take action.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
sentinel
lady door

Interesting video from PhillyD. I feel like he is one of the few who can bite and condemn Felix with no consequences.

alch
ar·tic·u·late

I really hope that Dan and Phil say at least something about this. Even if they still have him as a friend (hopefully not) they should still at least mention that they don't agree with some of the awful nonsense he spouts.
Catallena wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:12 pm Looking at what happened last time when Jackscepticeye criticized Felix (in a still very nice way) I wouldn't be surprised if YouTubers were real fucking scared of Felix and his following.. but I really do want YouTubers to speak out. Prove to us that tweeting out a hashtag every once in a while isn't just to uphold an image, but that when they have the opportunity to actually mean something they will take action.
What happened when Jacksepticeye criticized Felix?
fancybum
senpai

alch wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:08 pm
Catallena wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:12 pm Looking at what happened last time when Jackscepticeye criticized Felix (in a still very nice way) I wouldn't be surprised if YouTubers were real fucking scared of Felix and his following.. but I really do want YouTubers to speak out. Prove to us that tweeting out a hashtag every once in a while isn't just to uphold an image, but that when they have the opportunity to actually mean something they will take action.
Check page 12 and on of this thread, there's some discussion about it. He wasn't even as critical as he could/should have been and he still ended up giving in to the pewds fanboys and backing down.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

sentinel wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:47 pm Interesting video from PhillyD. I feel like he is one of the few who can bite and condemn Felix with no consequences.

Eh. Condemn? Where? According to him Felix still isn't racist and he seems worried about the credibility of the community, how they make money and the Fair Use thing than anything else. Phil is just as afraid to truly condemn Felix as everyone else, especially because he's been pandering to an anti SJW audience for the past year (which is why I stopped watching him) who give him that sweet Patreon money.
alch wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:08 pm I really hope that Dan and Phil say at least something about this. Even if they still have him as a friend (hopefully not) they should still at least mention that they don't agree with some of the awful nonsense he spouts.
You gotta go back a few pages, but basically with the last scandal Jackscepticeye made a video criticizing Felix being one of the few in that circle to do so, but hours later after having been harassed for 'stabbing Felix in the back' by his minions and after Felix contacting him he apologized for the video. Saying people had 'opened his eyes' and that he had been naive about the manipulation of mainstream media. Just proves how terrifyingly powerful Felix really is within this community.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
pilotlight
#relatable
Pronouns: he/him

For the people like DeFranco who (apparently? didn't watch his video) are still saying he isn't racist, I wonder what it would take for them to believe he is? Do they want the slurs in writing, dated and signed and notarized? How many times does he have to say blatantly racist things before he's "really" a racist? :roll:

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck (and the quacks are literally slurs) it's a racist duck, Kent.
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

pilotlight wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:31 am For the people like DeFranco who (apparently? didn't watch his video) are still saying he isn't racist, I wonder what it would take for them to believe he is? Do they want the slurs in writing, dated and signed and notarized? How many times does he have to say blatantly racist things before he's "really" a racist? :roll:
I mean, it's Felix. I'm pretty sure they'd have taken everyone else down for this kind of racism long ago but since it's Felix who is basically Youtube's own cult leader... everyone just shrugs and turns two blind eyes to his bullshit. The whole thing with Jack was actually so scary last time. He criticises Felix, gets contacted by Felix and suddenly he agrees with Felix that Felix isn't at fault and the evil media was out to get him. How weird and creepy is that? I hope Felix is going to really overstep the line one of these days but to be honest... he actually already has done so months ago and everyone just accepts it because it's him. Most other Youtubers would've instantly killed their own careers with the nazi jokes, anti-semitism and blatant sexism, racism and homophobia long ago but somehow everyone just accepts it when it's Felix? I hate it.
nigel ratburn
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

pilotlight wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:31 am For the people like DeFranco who (apparently? didn't watch his video) are still saying he isn't racist, I wonder what it would take for them to believe he is? Do they want the slurs in writing, dated and signed and notarized? How many times does he have to say blatantly racist things before he's "really" a racist? :roll:

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck (and the quacks are literally slurs) it's a racist duck, Kent.
This is basically exactly what I was thinking. So often when people are (rightly) accused of being racist, the people who defend them go "They haven't used the n-word!!!! They're not racist!!!!" and here we have a moment where that's LITERALLY THE CASE and people are still saying he's not racist. If you're more concerned with protecting white people from being accused of being racists than you are with actually protecting POC, then there's a deeper issue.
nephilimcat
woodland creature

Katka wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:42 am
I mean, it's Felix. I'm pretty sure they'd have taken everyone else down for this kind of racism long ago but since it's Felix who is basically Youtube's own cult leader... everyone just shrugs and turns two blind eyes to his bullshit. The whole thing with Jack was actually so scary last time. He criticises Felix, gets contacted by Felix and suddenly he agrees with Felix that Felix isn't at fault and the evil media was out to get him. How weird and creepy is that? I hope Felix is going to really overstep the line one of these days but to be honest... he actually already has done so months ago and everyone just accepts it because it's him. Most other Youtubers would've instantly killed their own careers with the nazi jokes, anti-semitism and blatant sexism, racism and homophobia long ago but somehow everyone just accepts it when it's Felix? I hate it.
I really wonder what is happening behind the scenes. The fact that he can make people retract their statements and his career hasn't been damaged by now, is really worrying. But then, Donald Trump is the President of the US. Someone like Felix getting away with so much shit doesn't surprise me. I really hope he faces real consequences soon. He is probably wondering how much he can do without damaging his career. And since it's so easy for him to keep going, he is getting worse. If people aren't stopping him now, who knows what he's going to do in the future.

I for one never understood his appeal, never liked him, never agreed with him. It's sad that some people only care now that he said the n-word and there's still no real backlash from people he'd care about.
pulvis et umbra sumus
MaggieW
glabella

I'm not fully aware of the problems of saying that word since the black community is small in my country, and so are the whites. But people seem offended and that's enough for me. I supported him when the whole WSJ happened because it really seemed out of proportion, but this? This have no excuse. Even if he says that word out of ignorance, he should apologize. Specially when we have nazis out there and people saying horrible things about marginalized groups.

I really, really hope that he changes his attitude and his mind. I can't watch his videos anymore.
MaggieW
glabella

Sorry for the double post, but Felix made a video adressing this:

I think it's ok to apologize for this. I'm actually happy that he made this video, and I hope he educates himself and changes, for him and for his audience.
malday
emo goose

do/say something stupid/offensive > cause outrage/controversy > make apology video saying you don't wan't to be controversial. > have idiots feeling sorry for you and excuse and forget everything > profit

wash.rinse.repeat.
ultraviolet
dank meme

"I'm sorry if I offended--"

Stop right there, PDP. Your apology is officially bullshit. It's pretty clear to me he refuses to educate himself on anything, and only put this out because he got so much heat.
Previously 'aonokanata'! :haru:
NarrysCanary
janice from the shop

ugh I just can't believe him when he says that he thinks that it's immature and stupid when other players use racial slurs while playing but it still didn't prevent him from saying them, he wouldn't have said it that easily if he didn't say those words in real life :roll:.

Also extremely off topic and kind of useless comment but I really don't like his beard.
:biheart:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

An "apology" video that basically does nothing but tell us that he knows he fucked up and that he has to put out at least a bare minimum of damage control. Nah, I'll pass on that.
goldenmermaid
drama llama

NarrysCanary wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:22 pm ugh I just can't believe him when he says that he thinks that it's immature and stupid when other players use racial slurs while playing but it still didn't prevent him from saying them, he wouldn't have said it that easily if he didn't say those words in real life :roll:.

Also extremely off topic and kind of useless comment but I really don't like his beard.
Exactly, there's no way a word can 'slip out', even in anger (although he didnt seem that angry to me) unless that word is part of your everyday vocabulary.
He even said later on in the stream that he sometimes forgets he is live!! :roll: