antigone
butt chair

lbr who didn't expect that

Imao i love him
hmm
drama llama
Pronouns: she/her

that little troll
even though plenty of people predicted him deleting his second channel, the music and media coverage somehow made it actually funny
pearshaped34
morning quiff

When I watch Pewdiepie in vlogs and stuff I really do think he comes across as a really nice guy but I'm never going to sub him because of stunts like this. He is already miles ahead of the game so watching the guy who is literally like 20 Mil ahead of his nearest competition use trashy clickbait techniques like threatening to delete if more people will hit sub is just so cringey.
I get his got to continue to stay on top of the game and this is one way to do it but it doesn't create the type of content that appeals to me.

That being said while what Pewdiepie the channel does doesn't work for me personally I still believe he is probably a nice person so congrats 'bro' on being the first channel to hit 50 million. I genuinely think you as a person deserve success even if what you do is not for me. :thumb:
sentinel
lady door

Jesus I love Felix, he's always so exxtra
malday
emo goose

pearshaped34 wrote:When I watch Pewdiepie in vlogs and stuff I really do think he comes across as a really nice guy but I'm never going to sub him because of stunts like this. He is already miles ahead of the game so watching the guy who is literally like 20 Mil ahead of his nearest competition use trashy clickbait techniques like threatening to delete if more people will hit sub is just so cringey.
I get his got to continue to stay on top of the game and this is one way to do it but it doesn't create the type of content that appeals to me.

That being said while what Pewdiepie the channel does doesn't work for me personally I still believe he is probably a nice person so congrats 'bro' on being the first channel to hit 50 million. I genuinely think you as a person deserve success even if what you do is not for me. :thumb:
+1
that's why i was hoping he would actually delete the channel, and start anew, so it wouldn't be another clickbait played off as a lame joke that everyone had already figured out.
human
dan hand trash

The best part of his awkward livestream last night was when Pewds tried to squish through the gap between the tables and Emma squealed "nooo mind my weinies! go around them!" and he looked at her and hissed, "shut. UP!" and sounded so done with her; it made me cackle so hard. Glorious.

I used to love his content but I still can't believe he has 50m subscribers. Crazy. How. His content is worse than it is ever was, what are people subscribing for exactly? lol
papierklemmen
flower crown

human wrote:The best part of his awkward livestream last night was when Pewds tried to squish through the gap between the tables and Emma squealed "nooo mind my weinies! go around them!" and he looked at her and hissed, "shut. UP!" and sounded so done with her; it made me cackle so hard. Glorious.

I used to love his content but I still can't believe he has 50m subscribers. Crazy. How. His content is worse than it is ever was, what are people subscribing for exactly? lol
welp, he has clickbaity titles and does a lot of those currently popular clickbait stuff that lures in viewers like try not to cringe, try not to laugh challenges :lol:
antigone
butt chair

I think his content this year has been great, he's probably now my favourite youtuber :?
human
dan hand trash

antigone wrote:I think his content this year has been great, he's probably now my favourite youtuber :?
Lol wow. Really? Haha. The thing is, I started watching gamers on YT before it got really big, I remember Mark and Felix playing games and uploading every so often with 1m subscribers and neither of them did anything else. Gaming is my primary interest on YT and as soon as Felix, and Mark too, started doing more of these skits and comedy things, I just lost interest. I miss the long series of games, I know lots of people do as well because they seem to care less about the gameplay nowadays.

And I think Undertale really was a turning point for Felix; he wasn't interested at all, was pressured into it, made it obvious with his videos and I think his old school audience who subscribed for the love of gaming series just felt he'd gone a bit weird. I know I haven't really liked him since either.
JLynne
drama llama

I actually only watch his vlogs or comedy sketch videos. When he only did play throughs I wasn't too interested; I prefer Jacksepticeye or Cry for gaming, depending on what the game is, but I just like Felix. He has clickbaity titles that are self-aware in their clickbaitiness (lol) and he doesn't take himself too seriously. Plus, his upload schedule is admirable.
And I just really love watching him and Marzia together.
000dia000
emo goose

Holy Shit. nearly a million likes on a video with only 400K "views" what the fuck
:cactus:
Reizam
butt chair

000dia000 wrote:Image
Holy Shit. nearly a million likes on a video with only 400K "views" what the fuck
Interesting... even now it shows 1.3 million likes and around 50 0000 dislikes but only around 1 million views.... guess this is a good example of why Youtubers like pewds are having issues with YT, and rightfully so if their income is based on views.
ccgs
phillion/danosaur <//3
Pronouns: they/them

I watched his latest video and it's just a copy of H3H3's video? I understand using the same humor but, try and put your own take on it..
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

Fun fact, I clicked on the vid, liked it, and then clicked off.

I wonder if it has something to do with that... hmm

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

human
dan hand trash

Reizam wrote:
Interesting... even now it shows 1.3 million likes and around 50 0000 dislikes but only around 1 million views.... guess this is a good example of why Youtubers like pewds are having issues with YT, and rightfully so if their income is based on views.
I don't know if I'm just a cynical person, but when he pulls stuff like this I really just see it as him shading and laughing at his audience and not in a nice way. He knows his fans will buy his merch, watch whatever he puts out, do whatever he says. I think I see so much of him shading the people who got him where he is now that it's probably what started to put me off him.
papierklemmen
flower crown

human wrote:
Reizam wrote:
I don't know if I'm just a cynical person, but when he pulls stuff like this I really just see it as him shading and laughing at his audience and not in a nice way. He knows his fans will buy his merch, watch whatever he puts out, do whatever he says. I think I see so much of him shading the people who got him where he is now that it's probably what started to put me off him.
i think the video was mocking other youtube creators begging for likes (particularly, asking for likes at the start of the video). his audience just joined in.
sentinel
lady door

papierklemmen wrote:
human wrote:
Reizam wrote:
i think the video was mocking other youtube creators begging for likes (particularly, asking for likes at the start of the video). his audience just joined in.
It's a parody, yeah. H3H3 made a video about that guy saying "SMASH THAT LIKE BUTTON" before any content was shown. I'm surprised he didn't get Romania to randomly tell him "you look buff"
fancybum
senpai

Good video explaining his 'I'm deleting my channel' thing and calling out YT. I think this guy (the genuine side of him) gets lost in his shit-post persona a lot. And I think when he's frustrated the shit-post part of him comes out more to express it (with 'satire' ehhh sometimes he misses the mark if that's what he's going for), which imo just works against whatever point he's aiming for.

Interesting mention around 9:05 about Casey Neistat quitting vlogging and how Felix gets his reasoning about being 'creatively exhausted':
I think doing the same thing over and over, it really wears you out, and I think that's why it's almost like you get a different pewdiepie each year. That's why I've changed so much, because that's how it's interesting and fun for me and I really still enjoy it that way. So, I'm not planning on going anywhere.
Might help to explain his back-and-forth with growth (to use slurs or not to use slurs, I guess it depends on his creativity level that day..).

Also talks a bit about his charity livestream which raised over $1.3M (kaching), so that's cool.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
antigone
butt chair

His podcast with H3H3 was super cool, he just seems like such a chill guy

Had some interesting comments about why he's been changing up his content and why he thinks his channel has stuck around for so long. I think he's right, as much as people complain, I don't think his channel would be this big if he still exclusively did gaming (I personally wasn't a fan of his gaming vids anyway)

The stuff with KSI was stupid - Felix even said in the video he reckons it was his record label who reported the video and not KSI himself :roll:
fancybum
senpai

fancybum wrote:

Good video explaining his 'I'm deleting my channel' thing and calling out YT. I think this guy (the genuine side of him) gets lost in his shit-post persona a lot. And I think when he's frustrated the shit-post part of him comes out more to express it (with 'satire' ehhh sometimes he misses the mark if that's what he's going for), which imo just works against whatever point he's aiming for.

Interesting mention around 9:05 about Casey Neistat quitting vlogging and how Felix gets his reasoning about being 'creatively exhausted':
I think doing the same thing over and over, it really wears you out, and I think that's why it's almost like you get a different pewdiepie each year. That's why I've changed so much, because that's how it's interesting and fun for me and I really still enjoy it that way. So, I'm not planning on going anywhere.
Might help to explain his back-and-forth with growth (to use slurs or not to use slurs, I guess it depends on his creativity level that day..).

Also talks a bit about his charity livestream which raised over $1.3M (kaching), so that's cool.
Nooope I'm out, consider this redacted. He's being a disgusting pile of garbage and doubling down on it and I'm actually legitimately angry about it. There's nothing but garbage on the internet and people are terrible and I'm out. It's not actually that difficult to not be a fucking asshole, and yet.
melon lord
morning quiff

fancybum wrote: Nooope I'm out, consider this redacted. He's being a disgusting pile of garbage and doubling down on it and I'm actually legitimately angry about it. There's nothing but garbage on the internet and people are terrible and I'm out. It's not actually that difficult to not be a fucking asshole, and yet.
Has something happened? :shock: I don't keep up with pewdiepie myself unless you guys mention something

fancybum
senpai

malday
emo goose

I was just gonna say, it was only a matter of time before he ditched the FilthyFrank influence and moved to copying iDubbbz.

don't think he can pull it off though.
melon lord
morning quiff

fancybum wrote:Image
for goodness' sake :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I feel like on the one hand he sometimes seems like a really nice person who acts like a jerk cause he's bored out of his mind of Youtube and then he pulls shit like this :?

Those edgelord jokes only amuse like 12 year olds who just discovered South Park or something, what is he thinking?!

Scratch that, I honestly have no idea

000dia000
emo goose

I don't think he intended for it to be blown up as much as this, but he hasn't really been tactful about what he says so he must deal with the repercussions. Yeah, I agree, Pewdiepie must be trying to appeal to 12 year old demographic and ripping off the "cancer crew" that is Filthy Frank and iDubbz. It's only a matter of time before he's throwing up to like the likes of maxmoefoe, slowly making his way around ripping off the "edgy" side of YouTube.
:cactus: