PewDiePie

Winston
flower crown
Pronouns: she/her

human wrote:He seems like one of those people who, if I'm honest I don't really get along with that well because they make me feel uncomfortable, just take jokes too far and doesn't know when the point to say "ok, this is getting annoying now, I'm taking it a bit too far and going on about it a bit too much, I'll stop" is lol.
This! I couldnt figure out what my deal was with him. I never understood why he was so popular... he just kind of puts me off. This is why ^^ :thumb:
actions speak louder than words
kusunoki masashige
butt chair

Winston wrote:
human wrote:He seems like one of those people who, if I'm honest I don't really get along with that well because they make me feel uncomfortable, just take jokes too far and doesn't know when the point to say "ok, this is getting annoying now, I'm taking it a bit too far and going on about it a bit too much, I'll stop" is lol.
This! I couldnt figure out what my deal was with him. I never understood why he was so popular... he just kind of puts me off. This is why ^^ :thumb:
Same! human, I couldn't put my finger on why I didn't really like him and this is it! 'cause he seems like a nice enough person sometimes..that being said, do I get this right, he was making fun of a girl who potentially has mental health problems just to promote some stupid game? ...umm... :?
human
dan hand trash

Lol I'm amazed people managed to decipher that awful discombobulated sentence lolol I've found my peoples.
:platonic:
mio
#relatable

Belated reaction to the youtube drama video because for some reason I saw the dicussion about it but only just watched it:

- first of all this video is hilarious :lol: also fitting for his content lately which is weird but entertaining. Gotta love the Idgaf attitude. Can somebody fill me in on why he is supposed to be having a meltdown right now? He's done tons of crazy impulsive shit this year I don't really see any difference

- somehow all the "roasts" of the gaming youtubers were really short and superficial while some of the ones about non-gamers were almost too real (DnP, Shane, Emma, Lilly) Maybe he doesn't want to start beef with the bro gamers?

- to me the Dan and Phil part clearly sounded like he was roasting their attitude and not their audience. He uses the same voice and b/w edit when he talks in first person as some other guy afterwards so I guess it makes sense to assume that he was "impersonating" their brand and mocking them for cashing in on the ambiguity of their relationship.
Which I find even more funny as he probably knows the truth.

But if this is the thing that came to mind when he tried to roast them, there probably is a grain of truth in it as well (like in all jokes). So you think many youtubers are annoyed by their way of playing their relationship?
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
papierklemmen
flower crown

mio wrote: - to me the Dan and Phil part clearly sounded like he was roasting their attitude and not their audience. He uses the same voice and b/w edit when he talks in first person as some other guy afterwards so I guess it makes sense to assume that he was "impersonating" their brand and mocking them for cashing in on the ambiguity of their relationship.
Which I find even more funny as he probably knows the truth.

But if this is the thing that came to mind when he tried to roast them, there probably is a grain of truth in it as well (like in all jokes). So you think many youtubers are annoyed by their way of playing their relationship?
yeah, it was an obvious roast of their ambiguous attitude. i guess he's not aware of the phase.
however, i think he either knows they're not dating or doesn't know anything (and is curious af too :lol: ), because i don't think he'd give fans food for thought when they're hiding, unless he got a permission to troll the audience like that from deppy themselves (which could be the case? who knows). and judging by some of the other less jokey mentions, he is roasting negative attributes (as you do when you roast), and dissing someone for staying in the closet would be insensitive and frankly homophobic. in fact, all of the stuff he pulls, like those terrible sexy fanarts, points more towards him knowing they're not together.

has there even been any other youtuber who commented on their ambiguous status? i think most just ridicule the insane fandom and the shipping culture.
JLynne
drama llama

I have a hard time believing Felix doesn't know D&P's relationship status, whatever that may be. They're friends, they've hung out. And he and Marzia are bffs with PJ/Sophie, who definitely know what's up.
Felix likes to troll, but he's a good guy, and I don't believe he would joke about them without knowing it was ok to do so.
morbit
phillion/danosaur <//3

I really don't think Felix is the type of guy who goes out of his way to make someone else feel uncomfortable. He's a decent guy who overreacts to stuff on the internet. I thought the revelmode panel at PAX this year was especially telling. I think he's pretty reserved. Idk, I get that feeling from him. Might be that we're from the same country and I know how most people act around here, but yeah.
papierklemmen
flower crown

i never thought i'd be the kind to enjoy this kind of dumb content but damn i guess i'm so dried up after deppy's mostly scripted pg stuff lately that this made me laugh a lot. i'm not a big fan of pewds, but his lack of fucks in terms of what he puts out is a breath of fresh air.
mio
#relatable

His new video had me in tears
(warning: the cringe is strong)

~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
papierklemmen
flower crown

mio wrote:His new video had me in tears

same, i was in stitches but damn i could go another year without seeing that mom kissing video again... it makes my skin crawl :tsk:
spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late

papierklemmen wrote:
mio wrote:His new video had me in tears

same, i was in stitches but damn i could go another year without seeing that mom kissing video again... it makes my skin crawl :tsk:
I thought it was funny but was a bit shocked to hear him using slurs like pussy, f*ggot, and gay in a negative way. I don't get why he was doing that? Was it ironic?
crash[]
butt chair

spaceguitar wrote:I thought it was funny but was a bit shocked to hear him using slurs like pussy, f*ggot, and gay in a negative way. I don't get why he was doing that? Was it ironic?
Yup.

It should also be noted that Pewds is extremely impressionable and the majority of his inspiration nowadays comes from YouTubers like FilthyFrank, iDubbbz, and Maxmoefoe. Not that that excuses his use of slurs, but you get the picture.
mio
#relatable

I thought the gay calling in this was all played as a joke on the fouseytube streamy awards drama?
But you're right using these slurs is stupid and he should stop. He tries too hard to fit in with his non-pc teenage boys fanbase. I always got the impression that he does it ironically while it's definitely not his own opinion, so it never bothered me that much.
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
timtam
lady door

I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds the use of slurs uncomfortable. I'm usually pretty chill in regards to language but I don't know a lot of people who casually use those slurs today. The bit where he used slurs wasn't even funny or witty enough to 'justify' using them in an ironic way. He should just stop.
ravenreyes
sofa crease

while i guess i can see why people like the direction his channel is going in even if i personally don't really care for it, i will never see the ''humor'' in using slurs like that. and the way he used them was just really pointless? idk doing shit like that for laughs mostly just feels old and lazy to me tbh.

this is kind of making me realise why i could never really get into him or his content or whatever, even though i haven't disliked him the last couple or years or so. i think a part of me kind of felt that him learning from his past mistakes and all of that didn't really feel that genuine.
english is not my first language
mio
#relatable

He's doing daily vlogs for his time in LA filming Scare Pewdiepie.
So far they've been adorable and there are some genuine moments where he opens up (especially the latest one, Hit by my own car). He comes across very differently from the way he acts in his regular videos.

Admittedly the tshirt bet is such a stupid bro prank culture thing it makes me :roll: :roll: :roll: .
I wish Michael would cross out that swastika, this is really not a thing to joke about... I am always surprised how quick Americans are with the nazi jokes. You can see Felix was uncomfortable with it as well.
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
swofro
angel bean

I really love the birdabo so far because it gives insight on how his work and interaction with friends are like. And I think he is just an interesting guy because he can make 'doing nothing' interesting.

The place that they got looks really pretty, it is almost like what Phil wanted, over exposure of light from wall made of glasses. All they need is a pond and large backgarden.

I also like the little clip thing in the middle when he change scene and the accordion music (if that is what it is) and the music theme at the end. Catchy
Love is forever
mio
#relatable

swofro wrote: I also like the little clip thing in the middle when he change scene and the accordion music (if that is what it is) and the music theme at the end. Catchy
Yes, I love the music!! The outro is here btw: https://avec-audace.bandcamp.com/album/-
Also that he uses different tracks for the transition shots and adds the titles.
I think he's actually a really good vlogger?

Oh and Marzias LA vlogs are a nice addition to his, she's just so adorable and it's fun to see everything "from the other side".

I also love how all the viewers of these vlogs are falling more and more in love with Michael
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
JLynne
drama llama

I always like Marzia's blogs because 1. They're so lovely and fun, and 2. I feel like we get to see a very different side of Felix. He's still goofy with her, but he just seems softer I suppose. He just adores her, it's so cute.
mio
#relatable

Who wants to bet whether he's actually gonna delete his channel?? I wouldnt put it past him tbh... :lol:

apart from that, good video on the yt issues. hope they change something soon, I'm so tired of getting recommended shitty german beauty vlogs and prank videos on the start page but not seeing if people I subscribe to uploaded.
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

mio wrote:
Who wants to bet whether he's actually gonna delete his channel?? I wouldnt put it past him tbh... :lol:

apart from that, good video on the yt issues. hope they change something soon, I'm so tired of getting recommended shitty german beauty vlogs and prank videos on the start page but not seeing if people I subscribe to uploaded.
My guess: he'll delete a channel he owns, but it won't be the pewdiepie one.
JLynne
drama llama

alittledizzy wrote:
mio wrote:

Pewdiepie is the only channel Felix currently owns. He says he'll delete it and start fresh, and I wouldn't put it past him. He's been wanting to break away from the old "pewds" branding for a long time, something he and Deppy have in common...
mio
#relatable

JLynne wrote: Pewdiepie is the only channel Felix currently owns. He says he'll delete it and start fresh, and I wouldn't put it past him. He's been wanting to break away from the old "pewds" branding for a long time, something he and Deppy have in common...
He owns that jacksepticeye2 channel he made as a joke not too long ago. but in the video he said he'd delete pewdiepie so

He's the kind of guy who could troll youtube like this and come out on top I think..
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

JLynne wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:
mio wrote:

Pewdiepie is the only channel Felix currently owns. He says he'll delete it and start fresh, and I wouldn't put it past him. He's been wanting to break away from the old "pewds" branding for a long time, something he and Deppy have in common...
Hm, I thought he recently made a spoof account for another big youtuber not too long ago? Or am I confusing events. I don't follow him and watch his actual videos.
DryCereal
koi pond

Felix often says he'll do a lot of things... :roll: Will he fuck as like delete his main channel. Must be a fun job being his main contact at Maker though. :lol:
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted: