Louise Pentland

Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

grenadine wrote:If i was disabled and couldn't help pregnant lady, old lady, etc. I would said so. I doubt he hasn't noticed, but even if so, it's a solidarity matter and louise's tweets just highlight that it is RUDE not to help. I wouldn't be offended if somebody would offer me help onoy because i am a woman, not pregnant one if i couldn't handle sth. And well, what's wrong with choosing to be pregnant? It's inevitable that some people at some point in their life will choose to conceive a baby, why wouldn't we, as a sociaty, help them? And i don't mean carrying their purses but handling heavy stuff or letting them take our place in public transport? ☹ (i'm still curious about the cat)
Yo, but the guy was eating. I mean, call me rude but if I was on the train having a meal I wouldn’t jump up to help her either unless she asked. Other people have stressful lives too and usually when someone eats on the train it means they had a hard day at work or whatever. I don’t know this but even if this guy was just chilling on the train with his noodles – throwing a tantrum because someone won’t interrupt their meal to put your bags away for you when you haven’t even asked them is immature. I wouldn’t expect some random person to help me even if he wasn’t doing something but expecting someone who is having a meal to interrupt his meal to help you is not okay, especially when you haven’t even asked.

I can't speak for Poland but I've encountered your way of thinking in other Eastern European countries (I have family there) and maybe this is a cultural misunderstanding? Because in the UK it's not seen as too polite to just help out random people. In fact I usually don't like it either myself. One time someone just picked up my bag and put it away for me and I said "Thank you" of course but I was still annoyed and not comfortable with someone just deciding to take my stuff without asking or me asking them too. In fact i hadn't even meant to put it away, lol. In Czechia however it's way more common, especially for men to help women out. Is it like that in Poland too? Because if it is I understand why you think he was rude. But it's different in the UK, people don't expect others to just help them (unless they're Louise apparently) and they might even find it rude that someone just touched their stuff or assumed they need help. Different cultures, I guess. :shrug:
Ablissa
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

Katka wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:52 pm
grenadine wrote:If i was disabled and couldn't help pregnant lady, old lady, etc. I would said so. I doubt he hasn't noticed, but even if so, it's a solidarity matter and louise's tweets just highlight that it is RUDE not to help. I wouldn't be offended if somebody would offer me help onoy because i am a woman, not pregnant one if i couldn't handle sth. And well, what's wrong with choosing to be pregnant? It's inevitable that some people at some point in their life will choose to conceive a baby, why wouldn't we, as a sociaty, help them? And i don't mean carrying their purses but handling heavy stuff or letting them take our place in public transport? ☹ (i'm still curious about the cat)
Yo, but the guy was eating. I mean, call me rude but if I was on the train having a meal I wouldn’t jump up to help her either unless she asked. Other people have stressful lives too and usually when someone eats on the train it means they had a hard day at work or whatever. I don’t know this but even if this guy was just chilling on the train with his noodles – throwing a tantrum because someone won’t interrupt their meal to put your bags away for you when you haven’t even asked them is immature. I wouldn’t expect some random person to help me even if he wasn’t doing something but expecting someone who is having a meal to interrupt his meal to help you is not okay, especially when you haven’t even asked.

I can't speak for Poland but I've encountered your way of thinking in other Eastern European countries (I have family there) and maybe this is a cultural misunderstanding? Because in the UK it's not seen as too polite to just help out random people. In fact I usually don't like it either myself. One time someone just picked up my bag and put it away for me and I said "Thank you" of course but I was still annoyed and not comfortable with someone just deciding to take my stuff without asking or me asking them too. In fact i hadn't even meant to put it away, lol. In Czechia however it's way more common, especially for men to help women out. Is it like that in Poland too? Because if it is I understand why you think he was rude. But it's different in the UK, people don't expect others to just help them (unless they're Louise apparently) and they might even find it rude that someone just touched their stuff or assumed they need help. Different cultures, I guess. :shrug:
I'm from Poland and this way of thinking is only common here in the sense of "I think you should help me and therefore you must". It's a very entitled mindset not shared by anyone except those affected, in this case Louise. As a woman, I have never had a man help me with anything in a public space. Someone gave up their seat for me ONCE when I've had like five bags. I'm 26.

grenadine, I don't know where in Poland you live, but in my city, people who are clearly disabled and need help almost never receive it on trains unless they ask. If Louise gave it a try, I'm sure someone would have helped, maybe even the poor guy in question. I don't see any way to justify her mindset - it's okay to need help, but not okay to assume that 1) everyone else is perfectly fine just because they look it, 2) everyone should be ready to help her without being asked to.

Anyway, I agree with Catallena. Louise's behavior is immature. All of us have been treated unfairly at some point in our lives (this doesn't even qualify as being treated unfairly!!!), but does everyone go on a rant about it to their hundreds of thousands of followers? NO. Nor should they.
grenadine
crusty sponge

i don't have enough awereness to say if it is polish thing but i would personally offer help to anybody obviously struggling and wouldn't wait for them to ask, thay can always say no. i believe that people generally here are not quick to ask for help, maybe they don't want to bother anybody? that's probably why i'm so keen on asking. maybe it's different in uk, people here are rarely are offended by offered help.

i think i just assumed louise's good intentions, and that her interpretation of the situation wasn't biased by her feeling of entitlement. maybe she was just obviously being ignored by this guy, maybe he was waiting for her to ask for help? that would rub me the wrong way also, but that just me, and i see reason in what you are all saying. really. ;)

i just can't judge her so harshly.

(Łódź)
Birdie
blobfish

Thanks for answering, grenadine and also Ablissa. Maybe it's not a thing at all after all and I just coincidentally saw it a lot. But this was also in Prague, so maybe it's different in bigger cities as well since you have many tourists there and people are just more used to having to help people out so they do it without people asking. (Not that anyone ever offered to help me out in London though...) This has nothing to do with Louise anymore though, let's forget I ever brought it up. :D
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Katka wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:05 pm Thanks for answering, grenadine and also Ablissa. Maybe it's not a thing at all after all and I just coincidentally saw it a lot. But this was also in Prague, so maybe it's different in bigger cities as well since you have many tourists there and people are just more used to having to help people out so they do it without people asking. (Not that anyone ever offered to help me out in London though...) This has nothing to do with Louise anymore though, let's forget I ever brought it up. :D
Aw, I wanted to add my two cents anyway! I'm a woman with a mild invisible disability (that sounds weirdly worded--basically, I have to be careful with my back), and I have struggled with luggage quite a bit in British/London trains and stations (worse), as well as in various American cities. I only got a few offers of help in the UK, but way more than I ever have in the US!

At the times I've wanted help, I've asked for it and generally got it. I'm thinking particularly of struggling up stairs with a suitcase in an underground station with no escalator. I've actually kind of liked the men who've come up behind me and with a word or two of inquiry grabbed my bag and effortlessly brought up the stairs. Yes, I've worried about it disappearing with them, but at that point gratitude dominates! And there's always a big crowd so I figure they won't get far. With the heavy suitcase. :thumb:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
Puffy
drama llama

LeftHandedism wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:15 am
Katka wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:05 pm Thanks for answering, grenadine and also Ablissa. Maybe it's not a thing at all after all and I just coincidentally saw it a lot. But this was also in Prague, so maybe it's different in bigger cities as well since you have many tourists there and people are just more used to having to help people out so they do it without people asking. (Not that anyone ever offered to help me out in London though...) This has nothing to do with Louise anymore though, let's forget I ever brought it up. :D
Aw, I wanted to add my two cents anyway! I'm a woman with a mild invisible disability (that sounds weirdly worded--basically, I have to be careful with my back), and I have struggled with luggage quite a bit in British/London trains and stations (worse), as well as in various American cities. I only got a few offers of help in the UK, but way more than I ever have in the US!

At the times I've wanted help, I've asked for it and generally got it. I'm thinking particularly of struggling up stairs with a suitcase in an underground station with no escalator. I've actually kind of liked the men who've come up behind me and with a word or two of inquiry grabbed my bag and effortlessly brought up the stairs. Yes, I've worried about it disappearing with them, but at that point gratitude dominates! And there's always a big crowd so I figure they won't get far. With the heavy suitcase. :thumb:
People tend to ignore others on public transport unless they're legitimately in distress. She may not have been overly struggling. She may have been making a massive show of having difficulty putting the bag up and kept looking at him and he could've been waiting for her to actually ask him to drop his food to help her. I guess we don't know what actually happened. I get being p*ssed off at someone for not helping -- I've an invisible disability and sometimes I'll get privately annoyed at people not seeing I need to sit down, and then realise it's utterly ridiculous because a) they could need the seat more than me and b) how are they meant to know this is not what I look like all the time and c) it's not always obvious that I'm in pain. The whole thing seemed childish on her part, imo and trying to come up with ideas to make his journey uncomfortable is just plain spiteful.

I used to be a fan of Louise's videos but generally went off her around the time WLM came out when she said she was glad people weren't "snobby" about her not knowing what a prologue was. It's a bone of contention in the YA/ Children's Lit community that there are tonnes and tonnes of writers struggling to get noticed -- BAME writers, working class and those with disabilities to name but a small portion of people -- and then personalities/Influencers are getting preemptive book deals when they don't know anything about writing, or are employing ghost writers. Don't get me wrong, ghostwriters are great and talented but it's frustrating that someone who didn't know what a prologue is got a book deal simply because they make videos. It seemed like a stab at people who were disgruntled by it to imply expecting someone to know a very basic element of the structure of a book was "snobby", and that's the general feel I get from her now.
opendoor
rainbow nerd

OMG at some of the stuff in this thread, especially the train thing, what in the world of passive aggression- maybe the guy was awkward/uncertain whether he should offer help, maybe he just wasn't paying attention? Being pregnant and somewhat famous doesn't mean you can be an utter dick to people?

Louise pissed me off a few months ago when I was trying to watch some of her story-time videos, because I do find Louise quite funny, and there was one about going on a picnic date in the countryside with this guy. They were drinking a fair bit and Louise suddenly realised there were no public bathrooms around, because duh it's the countryside, and then didn't know what to do? Like she actually said she seriously contemplated just pissing herself where she sat?????? Finally she decided to pee in the bushes (which is just like what you need to be prepared to do if you're in that situation) and instead of just being like "I need the loo, I'll be back" she pretended she had to take a phone-call. Like surely as a grown woman you can admit to having normal bodily functions to someone you're considering dating? And then she somehow managed to pee in his line of sight? She capped it all off by never seeing the guy again because he used the phrase "take a slash" when talking about her peeing in the bushes. Apparently that was the crude thing here.

I just remember being so confused because I had previously thought that Louise was a normal person, but there was no aspect of the video that made sense to me, and she was trying to play it up as this relatable dating story? I know this is such a silly example, but I was seriously bewildered. And then I left never to return. (Though I'll be back for the deppy collab but I fear awkward hetero-normative times).
I miss Dan Howell's stupid face.
Birdie
blobfish

Puffy wrote:I used to be a fan of Louise's videos but generally went off her around the time WLM came out when she said she was glad people weren't "snobby" about her not knowing what a prologue was. It's a bone of contention in the YA/ Children's Lit community that there are tonnes and tonnes of writers struggling to get noticed -- BAME writers, working class and those with disabilities to name but a small portion of people -- and then personalities/Influencers are getting preemptive book deals when they don't know anything about writing, or are employing ghost writers. Don't get me wrong, ghostwriters are great and talented but it's frustrating that someone who didn't know what a prologue is got a book deal simply because they make videos. It seemed like a stab at people who were disgruntled by it to imply expecting someone to know a very basic element of the structure of a book was "snobby", and that's the general feel I get from her now.
Oh my god, yes! But at least Louise isn't taking publishing slots away from unknown struggling authors. I keep reminding myself that this is what publishers do to make money: Give someone famous a book deal, sloppily edit and publish their book, rake in the cash and put it towards marketing for other books by less known authors you have faith in. It might seem grating that she got her book deal simply for being famous even though she knows nothing about writing but at least the money the publisher makes from this book will go into publishing and marketing the books of other more passionate authors so there's always that to keep in mind.

I totally agree though that her whole outlook on writing is infuriating. She knows nothing about the craft and her pretending like "prologue" is some pro word she doesn't need to know as a writer hurts my brain. She's absolutely clueless. Remember how she sent her editor her draft in a giant font and split into multiple documents and then acted all cute about how her editor had to do the extra work of putting the book together and formatting it? Because I'm still not over that. I have a friend who writes and publishes novels and if she doesn't send in her manuscripts properly formatted and edited as well as she can her publisher would drop her so fast... At least when Zoe first wrote and published "GIrl Online" she felt somewhat passionate about her story. Louise seems like she couldn't care less and she didn't even feel the need to educate herself on writing. This irks me so much because I feel like she's looking down on way more talented, passionate and educated writers because her book is a bestseller and theirs aren't. Basically I'm super pissed at Louise for pretending she's this professional writer now when she's not nearly as experienced and talented as she should be and doesn't know basic stuff about writing. (Wow, I didn't mean to go on a rant like this, whoops.)
Puffy
drama llama

Katka wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:16 pm
Puffy wrote:I used to be a fan of Louise's videos but generally went off her around the time WLM came out when she said she was glad people weren't "snobby" about her not knowing what a prologue was. It's a bone of contention in the YA/ Children's Lit community that there are tonnes and tonnes of writers struggling to get noticed -- BAME writers, working class and those with disabilities to name but a small portion of people -- and then personalities/Influencers are getting preemptive book deals when they don't know anything about writing, or are employing ghost writers. Don't get me wrong, ghostwriters are great and talented but it's frustrating that someone who didn't know what a prologue is got a book deal simply because they make videos. It seemed like a stab at people who were disgruntled by it to imply expecting someone to know a very basic element of the structure of a book was "snobby", and that's the general feel I get from her now.
Oh my god, yes! But at least Louise isn't taking publishing slots away from unknown struggling authors. I keep reminding myself that this is what publishers do to make money: Give someone famous a book deal, sloppily edit and publish their book, rake in the cash and put it towards marketing for other books by less known authors you have faith in. It might seem grating that she got her book deal simply for being famous even though she knows nothing about writing but at least the money the publisher makes from this book will go into publishing and marketing the books of other more passionate authors so there's always that to keep in mind.

I totally agree though that her whole outlook on writing is infuriating. She knows nothing about the craft and her pretending like "prologue" is some pro word she doesn't need to know as a writer hurts my brain. She's absolutely clueless. Remember how she sent her editor her draft in a giant font and split into multiple documents and then acted all cute about how her editor had to do the extra work of putting the book together and formatting it? Because I'm still not over that. I have a friend who writes and publishes novels and if she doesn't send in her manuscripts properly formatted and edited as well as she can her publisher would drop her so fast... At least when Zoe first wrote and published "GIrl Online" she felt somewhat passionate about her story. Louise seems like she couldn't care less and she didn't even feel the need to educate herself on writing. This irks me so much because I feel like she's looking down on way more talented, passionate and educated writers because her book is a bestseller and theirs aren't. Basically I'm super pissed at Louise for pretending she's this professional writer now when she's not nearly as experienced and talented as she should be and doesn't know basic stuff about writing. (Wow, I didn't mean to go on a rant like this, whoops.)

I'm so glad it's not just me thinking this, and I'm glad to see someone else refer to writing as a craft - because it ultimately is. (Although you're right about the money they make being good for other writers, there is an issue that 'celebrity' writers are being asked to do things like World Book Day books, when plenty of established writers were overlooked in favour of celeb writers but that is totally off topic and I agree with everything else you've said)

I agree on that point too, it feels like it's par for the course with her and it's to be expected that being a youtuber, doing promo, writing a book, maybe eventually getting some sort of documentary made, merch etc are part of the youtuber package and not something that has to be carefully thought out because even though it's going to be read primarily by fans, it's a totally different market and looking down on other writers is just a no-no. The MG/YA community has enough issues without someone brand new to it adding to the problem...
Birdie
blobfish

I'm really upset about her tweets from earlier today, making fun of her neighbour for being upset her budgie flew away. :( I don't know, I've been angry about Louise's behaviour before but this just makes me sad. If your neighbour lost her beloved pet, would it be too much to ask to show some compassion and not mock her for being upset on Twitter? Man...
NarrysCanary
janice from the shop

Katka wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:18 pm I'm really upset about her tweets from earlier today, making fun of her neighbour for being upset her budgie flew away. :( I don't know, I've been angry about Louise's behaviour before but this just makes me sad. If your neighbour lost her beloved pet, would it be too much to ask to show some compassion and not mock her for being upset on Twitter? Man...
I've seen the tweets as well, I didn't want to bring them up because I didn't want to be the person who is like "look at what Louise did again" but I feel bad for her neighbour(s), according to one of her followers this kind of birds is not likely to survive if they fly away. You'd think she'd know better since she has lost one of her cats recently.
:biheart:
Birdie
blobfish

NarrysCanary wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:27 pm
Katka wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:18 pm I'm really upset about her tweets from earlier today, making fun of her neighbour for being upset her budgie flew away. :( I don't know, I've been angry about Louise's behaviour before but this just makes me sad. If your neighbour lost her beloved pet, would it be too much to ask to show some compassion and not mock her for being upset on Twitter? Man...
I've seen the tweets as well, I didn't want to bring them up because I didn't want to be the person who is like "look at what Louise did again" but I feel bad for her neighbour(s), according to one of her followers this kind of birds is not likely to survive if they fly away. You'd think she'd know better since she has lost one of her cats recently.
Same (especially since I suspect she reads here and I don't really like that idea at all) but I had to say something, this kind of thing really affects me for some reason. I have a bird too and I'd be heartbroken if he flew away. I really hope it's just the pregnancy hormones making her behave weirdly, like someone has suggested, because I used to like her so much. Somehow it's a lot more disappointing when people you used to look up to do stuff like this... :shrug:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Wow Louise. Making fun of a missing pet and it potentially dying is a new low.

I occasionally lurk her GG thread because I'm a petty person and this appears to be the same neighbor that she always complains about on Twitter because he has the audacity to breathe I guess?? She once complained about him mowing his lawn at 8:30.. which is a perfectly normal time where people tend to be up and fuctional. Except for Princess Louise of course.

And reading her replies she blocked someone who said it wasn't cool to share someone's private life on social media.. according to them they were a long time fan of hers as well. Keep burning those bridges sis :thumb:
NarrysCanary wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:27 pmYou'd think she'd know better since she has lost one of her cats recently.
Louise is only a kitten person imo. Kitten people tend to stop fussing over their pet when they reach adulthood. Kittens fulfill some kind of baby fever (even though she's pregnant now.. or maybe because) and they're cuter and saver to play with than a young but fully grown adult cat who roams outside a lot. Getting them was an impulse adoption as well, I don't she even discussed it with her boyfriend who seems like a major pushover anyway. I also think her ex and his girlfriend got a kitten not long before all that so Darcy was probably smitten with it and not really into the adult cats anymore, causing Louise to take it as a competition that she must win.. Because cats are toys :roll:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Ablissa
pastel persona

UGH....
It seems that every time I hear something about Louise, it's only worse and worse.
I too have had a pet parrot (a cockatiel) many years ago when I was still a child, and also lost him because he flew out. It wasn't mine or my mom's fault, my aunt opened the window while he was out flying around the apartment. Anyway, I was devastated, so this really hits home. I feel so bad for her neighbour :( Does that woman know she lives next to a youtuber? How awkward it would be if she were to read her twitter?

As for the actual bird. Of course a pet budgie will most probably not survive in the wild. How dense is this woman??? Does she see anything past the tip of her own nose? I'm not one to be a hater, but I feel I am becoming one for Louise, whom I used to like/be indifferent to. That tweet about blocking people is the cherry on top of this whole thing.

Louise, if you read this, please stop assuming that every legit bit of criticism you get is someone being unpleasant, annoying or stupid and try to become a better person thanks to their guidance instead.
000dia000
emo goose

Louise seems to be one of those "curtain twitchers" that like to spy and gossip about her neighbours, and look down on her nose at those she considers below herself. :roll:
:cactus:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I'll be 'that person' today because what the fuck Louise?
You tell a person who has anxiety to 'put on their positive pants' and if they can't do that well they'll just be missing out?? No words of comfort at all? Telling them you hope they'll be okay or something at the very least? And no the sad smiley face doesn't count.

It comes off like 'come or not idc you already paid for your ticket' :| I'd expect a little more sympathy considering her best friend suffers from anxiety as well but I guess not.

also imagine a grown woman who whines about every little thing of all people telling you to be positive
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
The_Blonde
living flop

Catallena wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:07 pm I'll be 'that person' today because what the fuck Louise?
You tell a person who has anxiety to 'put on their positive pants' and if they can't do that well they'll just be missing out?? No words of comfort at all? Telling them you hope they'll be okay or something at the very least? And no the sad smiley face doesn't count.

It comes off like 'come or not idc you already paid for your ticket' :| I'd expect a little more sympathy considering her best friend suffers from anxiety as well but I guess not.

also imagine a grown woman who whines about every little thing of all people telling you to be positive
I was coming here to literally post this exact thing! I mean, what a patient and considerate response to a worried fan who's paid money to come and see you :roll:

(on a sort of side note - the helloworld hashtag on twitter has me living atm. it sounds like they're trying serious damage control after the fiasco that was yesterday, but i really think that all of their flippant responses just show their genuine feelings towards their fans. you're right, it's a real "idc, you've already paid me" feel that i don't like)
NarrysCanary
janice from the shop

Also the event has no accessibility for disabled people while Louise took a wheelchair that was put in place by the organisers and paraded around with it and show it off on instagram :roll:.

I'd like to say her answers full of mean sarcasm on twitter surprise me but they don't (at least not anymore).
alch
ar·tic·u·late

Catallena wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:07 pm
That's awful. She honestly sounds like she's trying to guilt this person into getting over their fears to come, instead of being at all sympathetic.
Birdie
blobfish

NarrysCanary wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:16 pm Also the event has no accessibility for disabled people while Louise took a wheelchair that was put in place by the organisers and paraded around with it and show it off on instagram :roll:.
What the hell? Please tell me I'm misunderstanding this. I really hope she's in that wheelchair because of pregnancy pain or else this would be so fucked up. (Still kind of fucked up they'll provide a wheelchair for a pregnant lady but no accessibility for disabled people though.) The whole event sounds like a major flop to be honest.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Katka wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:11 pm
NarrysCanary wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:16 pm Also the event has no accessibility for disabled people while Louise took a wheelchair that was put in place by the organisers and paraded around with it and show it off on instagram :roll:.
What the hell? Please tell me I'm misunderstanding this. I really hope she's in that wheelchair because of pregnancy pain or else this would be so fucked up. (Still kind of fucked up they'll provide a wheelchair for a pregnant lady but no accessibility for disabled people though.) The whole event sounds like a major flop to be honest.
I do believe she was in pain, so her being in a wheelchair is understandable.
Her tweet not understandable at all.
She is really not coming across well lately.
NarrysCanary
janice from the shop

Katka wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:11 pm
People were complaining about the lack of accessibility for disabled people on twitter so I've found it weird she could get a wheelchair or any other kind of help but disabled people couldn't. She said on instagram she was in a wheelchair because she was suffering from pressure to her pelvis saying it was SPD which I don't know what it means.

captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

Good looooooord. Her response to that anxious girl is shocking honestly. I'm very socially anxious, and whenever I bail on a social event because I feel anxious about it one of the worst parts is feeling like I'm missing out. I always feel so disappointed in myself for bailing, so Louise is being incredibly insensitive by pointing out that if the girl doesn't go she'll have FOMO. Would it have hurt her to say something like "I hope you can make it as I'd love to see you there, but take care of yourself first!". And the event should have worked to ensure that there were quiet spaces that anxious people could retreat to, and that the event as a whole was accessible for people in wheelchairs/with physical disabilities.

Like others I'm so fascinated by the shambles that is HelloWorld fsjhslhlsflk. Like, obviously I feel awful for all the kids/people who had a terrible experience, and also for Jana who was treated appallingly in comparison to the Gleam youtubers. But I'm not at all surprised that this seems to be a really shallow event that was more focused on revenue than it was on actually providing good entertainment or even just doing what it initially promised.
lionheart
squish

Lol. I'm just catching up on this whole thread but I gotta say as someone who used to quite like Louise, I'm very disappointed in her lately...

It was kinda spoken about enough but the whole train palava is pretty embarrassing for a woman her age. Yeah, maybe the guy was being a bit of an arse by not offering up help if he could see she was struggling (doesn't have anything to do with her being pregnant, as someone who's just over 5ft tall I normally have to get help with stuff like that too) but of COURSE she should have asked and... Like, seriously, complaining about people being unhelpful arses on trains is pretty normal shit but being a complete immature child about it and thinking of ways to ruin the rest of this man's train journey/trying to get him in a selfie to expose him is just as freaking rude if not more so.

Also, who tf knows what that man was going through that day. Might have had a long day at work, might be exhausted himself just trying to fit a meal into a busy schedule, might be sick, might have disabilities... I'm rolling my eyes at Louise so hard and anyone defending her behaviour. Expressing frustration is fine, but the rest? No. Just, no. She should know better.

Also, I gotta say the way she talks about her pregnancy kinda annoys me too. I mean, she's excited, I get that, but she seems to have that kind of attitude now where she thinks the whole world should revolve around her and everyone should be as interested in this pregnancy as she is - as if people don't have their own lives to live.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Is it weird that she publicly asked Dan and Phil for tickets for their (sold out) show?
I don't mind at all that they are giving tickets to their friends, I just think it's strange that she needs to ask in front of thousands of people on twitter when she could just text them. IDK, seems a bit braggy to me? Especially in regards to her whole behaviour - look at me and my great friends, they give me everything I want.