Louise Pentland

malday
emo goose

Yeah it's strange since i think she would've gotten invited again this time too, even if she didn't ask.(or maybe she wasn't so sure this time?)
But i see the whole public exchange as a form of advertisement anyway.
obvsly
#relatable
Pronouns: she/her

LtrllySusan wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:41 pm Is it weird that she publicly asked Dan and Phil for tickets for their (sold out) show?
I don't mind at all that they are giving tickets to their friends, I just think it's strange that she needs to ask in front of thousands of people on twitter when she could just text them.
This!!! Did she think she was helping dnp promote the tour? But she knew it's close to sold out so it didn't make sense. What annoys me the most about the tweet is, what if Louise's friends come and hint they want the tickets too? (It already happened. Dan and Phil are not even following the person. I'll put it in spoiler below.)
But hey, dnp are adults. If they still can't say no then it's not really my problem. :twisted:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

It's the same tacky shit she and other vloggers pull with brands they're trying to get free shit from except but now it's even tackier because they're her friends.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
sonicgreen
woodland creature

LtrllySusan wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:41 pm Is it weird that she publicly asked Dan and Phil for tickets for their (sold out) show?
I don't mind at all that they are giving tickets to their friends, I just think it's strange that she needs to ask in front of thousands of people on twitter when she could just text them. IDK, seems a bit braggy to me? Especially in regards to her whole behaviour - look at me and my great friends, they give me everything I want.
Maybe a bit weird, but i was humoured because Phil didn't reply like "text me i'll hook you up!" he was like "lol maybe- go buy some"
obvsly
#relatable

WTF, Louise..
It's almost like she's getting off on offending people or something. Even this apology sounded sarcastic to me. Many people are replying with "Girl, you share your whole life on youtube" and I.. :stan: .
citizen_erased
truth bomb

obvsly wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:15 am WTF, Louise..
It's almost like she's getting off on offending people or something. Even this apology sounded sarcastic to me. Many people are replying with "Girl, you share your whole life on youtube" and I.. :stan: .
wow, for someone who's actual job is sharing her life she's awfully judgmental of people sharing their lives.

I agree, that apology is a non-apology. It's a "woe is me, guess I'm the bad person and I'll make sure you know how terrible you make me feel and that you're forcing me to say sorry for something I'm not sorry for."

also lmao literally everytime I see someone posted in this thread I just instantly go "oh no what did she do this time" :lol: :lol:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

She gives me a headache. I mean, she's not even doing super egregious things, it's just like a series of minor things that all reinforce how she is someone I would actively avoid in real life if I had to cross paths with her in my daily life ever. You know she's gotta be a royal pain in the ass with a PTA group or something, if someone challenges her or she doesn't get her way.
alch
ar·tic·u·late

citizen_erased wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:24 pm
also lmao literally everytime I see someone posted in this thread I just instantly go "oh no what did she do this time" :lol: :lol:
Honestly same, the Louise thread is just a bunch of minor Louise fuckups that slowly make me more and more annoyed with her.

Yikes @ her apology though. She couldn't have sounded less sorry if she tried.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Wow I'm angry right now. I was going through Phil's twitter likes and found this tweet by Louise Fast food is bad for you, and for your unborn child. There has been enough research to suggest strong connections, and I can't believe she is using her baby as an excuse for her cravings. Especially cause she is writing she's been eating healthily in 2018 which just suggests she hasn't been in 2017? She can choose to live whatever livestyle she wants but please not while she is pregnant. At least she should have the decency to admit that she is just being selfish by stuffing her face with McD.
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

LtrllySusan wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:07 am Wow I'm angry right now. I was going through Phil's twitter likes and found this tweet by Louise Fast food is bad for you, and for your unborn child. There has been enough research to suggest strong connections, and I can't believe she is using her baby as an excuse for her cravings. Especially cause she is writing she's been eating healthily in 2018 which just suggests she hasn't been in 2017? She can choose to live whatever livestyle she wants but please not while she is pregnant. At least she should have the decency to admit that she is just being selfish by stuffing her face with McD.
I really don't think it would make a big difference at this stage though, she's due any second now so one Happy Meal is not going to seriously impact the baby at all. And yes, of course it's best to eat healthily when pregnant but eating junk food now and then won't harm the baby. Most pregnant women do crave unhealthy food throughout their pregnancy, and I guarantee you a majority of pregnant women don't completely refrain from eating junk food. I'm not Louise's biggest fan by any means, and I have criticised her in this thread many times, but personally I think it's unfair to condemn her for this. Given that Darcy's birth was such a traumatic experience for Louise to the extent that it gave her PTSD, I imagine it must be quite daunting to be once again facing imminent childbirth, so I don't at all begrudge her indulging herself. And tbh, I don't think it's a huge deal that pregnant women eat junk food from time to time in general, so long as they're not eating foods that can seriously harm babies (e.g. soft cheese etc) :shrug:
Lain
eclipse shirt

LtrllySusan wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:07 am Wow I'm angry right now. I was going through Phil's twitter likes and found this tweet by Louise Fast food is bad for you, and for your unborn child. There has been enough research to suggest strong connections, and I can't believe she is using her baby as an excuse for her cravings. Especially cause she is writing she's been eating healthily in 2018 which just suggests she hasn't been in 2017? She can choose to live whatever livestyle she wants but please not while she is pregnant. At least she should have the decency to admit that she is just being selfish by stuffing her face with McD.
Jesus Christ. She's merely mentioned a craving, and even admitted that it would be selfish to give in to the craving (which, by all means please contact a pediatrician if you think you know best, but I somehow doubt it would have any impact on the baby especially at this stage). Lately I've been thinking ugh, what now when I see that Louise's thread has been recently active, but I'm really failing to see where she went wrong here.

Also just curious, have you been pregnant?
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Lain wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:18 pm Also just curious, have you been pregnant?
I disagree with having to have experienced something to criticise it. I don't have to have been president to say Trump is doing a terrible job and I don't have to be an olympic level athlete to commentate sports events.
Since two of you think I overreacted I'll keep my opinions regarding Louise to myself.
Lain
eclipse shirt

LtrllySusan wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:58 pm
Lain wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:18 pm Also just curious, have you been pregnant?
I disagree with having to have experienced something to criticise it. I don't have to have been president to say Trump is doing a terrible job and I don't have to be an olympic level athlete to commentate sports events.
I agree to an extent, although comparing having the right to criticize a pregnant person's cravings to having the right to criticize a world leader seems a bit extreme because one of those things is not like the other (a person in a position to impact themselves and their unborn baby with their choices vs a political figure in a position to impact millions with their choices), but fine. In my opinion, pregnant people are not above experiencing cravings (and occasionally giving in to said cravings) and I really don't think they deserve to have a stranger's wrath directed at them for it, but we'll have to agree to disagree.
Lain
eclipse shirt

I missed the editing window, but I do quickly want to apologize if I came on a bit strong in my first response. :( I probably should have refrained from commenting at all because I do tend to get my back up regarding this subject due to personal experience (me, stood behind the counter at EB Games, a couple weeks prior to taking leave: *sips coffee* .. a stranger, coming in from outside of the store: *lectures me about the dangers of caffeine (and then alcohol, and nicotine?) on my unborn child in front of a store full of customers*).
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I don't have much of an opinion on the pregnancy issue, I just don't care enough about other people's bodies (or babies) to care that much what they put into them. But I will jump in to say as someone who watches Louise's vlogs this isn't a once in a while craving she's indulging in; her attempt to eat healthy in 2018 is a departure from how she ate through most of her pregnancy. I think at one point she actually said most days her routine has been to take Darcy to school then go to McDonalds.
000dia000
emo goose

mate, getting a McDonalds isn't like drinking hard liquor or smoking a pack of cigarettes a day. I think you'd get some shock if you see what the average pregnant woman eats on craving. Your concerns are kind of misaimed here and even though I was never pregnant nor ever hope to be, I'm offended on behalf of those that were/are. Being healthy is important and people should take moral responsibility for the healthy development of their child but your grasping at straws here trying to criticize Louise
:cactus:
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

Pregnancy can make you crave things HORRIBLE for you. Like... I had to stop buying powder laundry detergent because I would get moments away from eating it, my salt lamp has a flat side worn down from where I was licking it like a horse. Pregnancy is hard on the body, and yes, fast food is bad for a developing baby, but a pregnant mother has SO many things she is told is bad. No sushi, no cold cut meat, no seafood of any kind, no smoked food, no undercooked eggs, nothing unpasteurized. It's impossible to be a perfect mother 24/7.

We have put so much pressure on mothers and new mothers in particular to be the absolute perfect parents at all times, and if you so much as LOOK at something that could be bad for your child, you are horrible, your children are going to die, and you deserve to rot in hell.

Is Louise making the best choice for her unborn child by going to McDonalds? No. But she also is not making the best choice by using a cell phone while pregnant, living in a house with wifi, using a microwave.
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

I get annoyed with a lot of stuff she does but not this. A Happy Meal now and then won’t hurt anyone, not even when pregnant. It’s not like she’s saying the baby wants a bottle of wine every night. Also it’s just a joke. She’s not really blaming the baby for wanting McDonalds. I mean, Louise is not my favourite Youtuber right now by a long shot but I don’t think it’s cool to say she’s harming her baby. She obviously loves both her daughters a lot and I think she knows best if she can have fast food or not. And honestly, it’s still just food. It’s unhealthy if you have it all the time but once now and then won’t hurt her or her unborn baby as long as she avoids the foods that are dangerous (like tuna or undercooked meats).
MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote:We have put so much pressure on mothers and new mothers in particular to be the absolute perfect parents at all times, and if you so much as LOOK at something that could be bad for your child, you are horrible, your children are going to die, and you deserve to rot in hell.
The way society treats pregnant women is literally one of the reasons I'm scared of becoming pregnant. It's like they think you stop being a person for nine months. :?
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Sorry guys, I was having a bad day yesterday and I guess Louise's tweet showed up just in time when I needed to vent at something. I didn't mean to make any implications on expectations on pregnant women in society; I just really don't like Louise. It wasn't about her being pregnant, more about her making a smug sounding comment with weird justifications. I'm not a native speaker so maybe my already annoyed brain (annoyed with the world and with Louise) wanted to read something wrong in that tweet.
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

LtrllySusan wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:59 am Sorry guys, I was having a bad day yesterday and I guess Louise's tweet showed up just in time when I needed to vent at something. I didn't mean to make any implications on expectations on pregnant women in society; I just really don't like Louise. It wasn't about her being pregnant, more about her making a smug sounding comment with weird justifications. I'm not a native speaker so maybe my already annoyed brain (annoyed with the world and with Louise) wanted to read something wrong in that tweet.
:love2: I probably also reacted too much to your post. I work on the edge of pregnancy and childbirth world, so I see a lot of the politics around pregnancy that, honestly, the average person doesn't see. So I read your post and kinda saw red a bit. :love2:
obvsly
#relatable

LtrllySusan wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:59 am Sorry guys, I was having a bad day yesterday and I guess Louise's tweet showed up just in time when I needed to vent at something. I didn't mean to make any implications on expectations on pregnant women in society; I just really don't like Louise. It wasn't about her being pregnant, more about her making a smug sounding comment with weird justifications. I'm not a native speaker so maybe my already annoyed brain (annoyed with the world and with Louise) wanted to read something wrong in that tweet.
I'm late to the discussion but I just wanna say hey I get you. (And I get everybody else, too.) I'm still following Louise on twitter but I missed that one. It would have irked me a little as well. This is admittedly not very fair to her but I would have thought, "hey, lady, I gave up chips, soft cheese, smoking, alcohol, sashimi, and caffeine (the most difficult thing) when I was pregnant, so have some restraints!" :lol:
dansnose
delia smith
Pronouns: she/ her

louise finally had her baby!

edit: soz idk how to embed instagram posts
Last edited by missemma on Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: instagram code fixed
DatCog
blobfish

Awww I’m happy she got her home water birth! She had a very similar experience to me - difficult hospital birth with lots of intervention for my first, home water birth for my second, despite being high bmi. Really happy for her :D
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Aww, this is sweet. I have issue with her more than not lately, but I'm also really glad she got the home birth she wanted with no complications.
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

Aw, that's so sweet! :love2: I'm glad she got her water birth too and that everything seems to have gone really well.