Other YouTubers thread

gnostic
stress mushroom

Here's how a youtuber looks when they are actually comfortable with having painted their nails for the fans and funsies, lol
Just here for the marketing skills
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

so i just looked at how many people i am subscribed to on youtube....and i am subscribed to 657 youtube channels. holy shit. i'm not even exaggerating. i think a lot of them are just people who upload stuff that i was interested in tons of years ago. but jesus i had no idea i was subscribed to that many.

a few to name off are just a bunch of phan tribute video makers, vocaloid song makers (if you don't know what that is i'm sorry) and just general youtubers. but jeez ;w;
:transheart:
CaptainLokii
placenta
Pronouns: they/them/he/him

lets talk CaptainSparklez

okayso. There has been a theory among his fans for a LONG time that Jardon is gay/bi I personally don't know what started this or their reasoning but I have also thought this for as long as i've watched him for a variaty of reasons.

Now recently I started suspecting there was more to his relationship with Nick (Nfen) than just friends
(I mean he bought the dude a brand new car for christs sake) but then i also noticed other things like Jordans recent vlog in his house (with nick) you can see cat food in the back ground......Jordan doesn't have any pets........Guess who has a cat who he worships.......Nick...

theres loads more stuff (like old photos of them together and comments made in videos) but just wanted to see if anyone else on here is like me
Yo Ho Sebastian
pleasehelpme
drama llama

CaptainLokii wrote:lets talk CaptainSparklez

okayso. There has been a theory among his fans for a LONG time that Jardon is gay/bi I personally don't know what started this or their reasoning but I have also thought this for as long as i've watched him for a variaty of reasons.

Now recently I started suspecting there was more to his relationship with Nick (Nfen) than just friends
(I mean he bought the dude a brand new car for christs sake) but then i also noticed other things like Jordans recent vlog in his house (with nick) you can see cat food in the back ground......Jordan doesn't have any pets........Guess who has a cat who he worships.......Nick...

theres loads more stuff (like old photos of them together and comments made in videos) but just wanted to see if anyone else on here is like me
I mean tbh whether he is gay or bisexual it isn't really anyone's business also he could just be really close friends with this guy idk
CaptainLokii
placenta
Pronouns: they/them/he/him

pleasehelpme wrote:

I mean tbh whether he is gay or bisexual it isn't really anyone's business also he could just be really close friends with this guy idk
lol this site spends a lot of time disussing youtubers sexuality even when it isnt our business. no harm in a little lite discussion

(apologese if nothing im typing makes sense its 3am new years day im drunk af)
Yo Ho Sebastian
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

papierklemmen wrote:I know these are already quite old (2 and 1 months respectively), but these videos of Jimmy renovating his house are so brutally honest and hilarious. :lol:
He finally bought his own place and stopped renting (when will deppy? ), but his house needs some work done and in his own dry humour Jimmy fashion he decided to showcase the DIY process on youtube and it's hysterical. Like someone commented, it's like "home and garden tv for actual broke young people" :lol:

in fact, I like all of his "domestic" (lol) vids, like q&a while cleaning an oven... oh Jimmy!
Knowing they'll probably buy a turnkey, if its a fixer upper Phil will kill himself doing all the DIY. No way Dan wants to get his hands dirty especially his expensive clothes :lol:
melon lord
morning quiff
Pronouns: she/her

Those Jimmy videos were hilarious, that's my type of humour :lol:

What's peoples opinions on Dodie? I prefer her chatty vlogs to her main channel stuff but that's just my taste, because I find her personality pleasant to watch even if she talks about nothing in particular, but I haven't seen much negative about her other than the people she hangs out with are the infamous bullies?

000dia000
emo goose

melon lord wrote:Those Jimmy videos were hilarious, that's my type of humour :lol:

What's peoples opinions on Dodie? I prefer her chatty vlogs to her main channel stuff but that's just my taste, because I find her personality pleasant to watch even if she talks about nothing in particular, but I haven't seen much negative about her other than the people she hangs out with are the infamous bullies?
Dodie is one of my favourite YouTubers, yeah, while she never does anything bad, at all, her gg page is savage. A lot people saying her honesty with her fans + pretentiousness (wtf is wrong with that?) Is all a cry for attention. I wouldn't really read it unless you want to hate people though.

I actually didn't even acknowledge her main, music channel because I thought she had a terrible profile picture (an old one with a lot of eyeliner) and it looked like a beauty guru thing that wasn't really in my interest. However then I watched the Jack and Dean sketch she was in (Dan was also in that, but I didn't even realize lol) and I kind of feoo in love with her manner and personality in that, so I subbed her blogging channel, it took me a while to come around and sub to her main for her music but now I like it all
:cactus:
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

i just... is anyone following the anna akana mess? i've been trying to reason with her on twitter for 24 hours now and i'm mentally exhausted

this is the video that started it all in case you're out of the loop (disclaimer: if ur an lgbt girl get ready to be angry)

and i suggest checking her gg thread bc i can't be arsed to explain everything else she has said but It's Bad
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
nephilimcat
woodland creature

trashqueen wrote:i just... is anyone following the anna akana mess? i've been trying to reason with her on twitter for 24 hours now and i'm mentally exhausted

this is the video that started it all in case you're out of the loop (disclaimer: if ur an lgbt girl get ready to be angry)

and i suggest checking her gg thread bc i can't be arsed to explain everything else she has said but It's Bad
Could you/someone summarize it? I really don't want to watch it because I can already imagine what it's going to be like. And I really don't want to put myself through that (or give it views). I used to like Anna Akana but her strange way of advertising stuff and some of the things she said annoyed me, so I unsubscribed and didn't see the video.
pulvis et umbra sumus
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

What kind of steaming pile of shit was that? I knew Anna Akana was pretty terrible (I don't have high hopes for people who have dated RWJ and make videos about how romantically and sexually desirable they are with Kalel) but wtf. :?

Didn't she also livetweet Carrie Fisher's heart attack because she was on the same plane? She's super gross. Imagine being a family member and seeing some barely relevant YouTuber livetweet the suffering of your loved one. Fuck her.

Ok I just went to look at her GG thread as well... this bitch says it's been scientifically proven that all women are bisexual and then links to a bullshit study under 250 women. LMAO, she probably thinks she's being such a great ally while she erases sexualities. Yikes yikes yikes.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

okay here goes my conversation with anna, i honestly think she knows deep down that i'm right for how she went out of her way to address what i had to say, and i feel she's gonna come to terms with it eventually, but i feel like she's having a hard time admitting it to herself, also i feel like this might come from internalized biphobia which makes me sad

(disclaimer i have no idea who rwj is and had no problem with her until now and she was also really polite to me -which is refreshing when it comes to disagreeing with youtubers- so i was polite to her back, also that's way more effective than offending her imo, just in case you're wondering why i'm so angry here and so calm and collected talking to her)

this is my last tweet, open the thread and scroll up to read the whole thing:
Last edited by trashqueen on Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
silverwinter
spork

very quick recap for nephilimcat and anyone else who didn't watch the video:

anna (who has a bf) gets drunk at a party and kisses a girl. her bf said it's not cheating bc it was with a girl, but would be cheating if it was with a guy. anna's friend says that a little harmless kissing while you're in a relationship with someone else can be fun bc "you're being bad but not being an asshole." anna concludes that same-sex kissing is okay in a relationship as long as your partner is okay with it.

i get that she's a straight girl dating a guy, and so, for their specific situation, it might not feel like cheating when she kisses girls. but come on. considering same-sex kissing not cheating bc "guys find two girls kissing attractive" is such a dangerous idea to encourage on her public platform. it's creepy to think that she thinks this is a valid reason to excuse cheating. why does she think it's okay to fetishize various q*eer identies? or to objectify women?

not even gonna get into the whole mess of how the video invalidates any orientation but straight and how she's perpetuating the idea that girls attraction to other girls is less valid/significant than their attraction to guys. i get it wasn't her intention to create this mess, she made that video from the pov of a straight person, but that's what happens when you don't take into account other people's backgrounds
nephilimcat
woodland creature

silverwinter wrote:very quick recap for nephilimcat and anyone else who didn't watch the video:

anna (who has a bf) gets drunk at a party and kisses a girl. her bf said it's not cheating bc it was with a girl, but would be cheating if it was with a guy. anna's friend says that a little harmless kissing while you're in a relationship with someone else can be fun bc "you're being bad but not being an asshole." anna concludes that same-sex kissing is okay in a relationship as long as your partner is okay with it.

i get that she's a straight girl dating a guy, and so, for their specific situation, it might not feel like cheating when she kisses girls. but come on. considering same-sex kissing not cheating bc "guys find two girls kissing attractive" is such a dangerous idea to encourage on her public platform. it's creepy to think that she thinks this is a valid reason to excuse cheating. why does she think it's okay to fetishize various q*eer identies? or to objectify women?

not even gonna get into the whole mess of how the video invalidates any orientation but straight and how she's perpetuating the idea that girls attraction to other girls is less valid/significant than their attraction to guys. i get it wasn't her intention to create this mess, she made that video from the pov of a straight person, but that's what happens when you don't take into account other people's backgrounds
Thank you :)

Wow. How on earth did she not expect people would get mad?
I've already heard of enough women in same-sex relationships that were told by men how hot they are when they kiss or if they want to have a threesome, etc. Two men wouldn't have to deal with this. Of course they have to deal with other stuff, which is just as bad. But it shows how a lot of people think everything happens for the pleasure of men: two women kissing are okay because it's hot, two men kissing are disgusting because some straight men feel threatened in their masculinity. Or how people claim bisexual men are hiding they are gay and bisexual women are claiming to be into women so that men will like them. In both scenarios it is men who they are attracted to.

And yes, if your partner is okay with it, kissing someone of the same gender or sex isn't cheating. Nothing is cheating when your partner is fine with it and you tell the truth. That still doesn't mean you should make a video like that. Because it endorses those beliefs and behavioural patterns I mentioned above. There are other ways of tackling the subject without harming the LGBTQ* community. Shocking, I know. Does she really call herself a fucking ally? Jeez, that's not how an ally should act. How about asking actual queer people if your actions could be harmful to the community?

My queer ass is angry, as you can probably tell :sideeye:
pulvis et umbra sumus
helvetica
sofa crease

scrolling thru my Instagram feed and saw something about Shane Dawson being attacked for being gay? is this true?
sunday
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

confetti-j wrote:scrolling thru my Instagram feed and saw something about Shane Dawson being attacked for being gay? is this true?
He tweeted about it - apparently he was kicked out of a party for being with his BF and the attackers tried to break his leg.
manged
lady door

CaptainLokii wrote:
pleasehelpme wrote:

lol this site spends a lot of time disussing youtubers sexuality even when it isnt our business. no harm in a little lite discussion
Super late to this but I am interested. I remember people on gg saying they got gay/bi vibes off of him a few years ago but I never came across anything in the light googling I did at the time.
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

i heard about that shane dawson thing! i feel terrible for him and his bf, they don't deserve that :( i saw comments on some of his yt videos bc i tend to binge watch him eat food late at night lol and i was like oh jeez that's awful..
:transheart:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

There was another of those dismissive articles in The Guardian https://www.theguardian.com/culture/201 ... e-literacy
and Dodie has uploaded a good response.

flarequake
not an airport stalker

Huh, me again. Gary C has made a video about Moonlight

flarequake
not an airport stalker

Oh heck, I'm back, this should be the last of them. I have recs related to recent drama, one of them's in TomSka's thread. Carrie made a good video the other day, but I'd only just posted my second one above so I didn't go again at the time.

papierklemmen
flower crown

just because #lubegate lol

anthony eating lube...and loving it

flarequake
not an airport stalker

Relevant I think, someone certainly pointed out the phandom connection in the comments

Winston
flower crown

flarequake wrote:Relevant I think, someone certainly pointed out the phandom connection in the comments

thank you for posting this. It is very interesting and so true! Very nicely worded and well done.
actions speak louder than words
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

Jesse PVP is now a music video producer, so what do you guys think of his first video with Snoop Dog. I like how he try to have messages in it though I wonder if they are clear to the viewers.