YTR group watch?

Post your reviews, spoilers and everything tour related in here
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

When you say group caht what chatroom are you thinking of? do I need an app or is it here on the website? I don't do a lot of social things on the internet so I will have to get familiar with whatever it is before hand.
Last edited by jesp on Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: i accidentally edited the wrong post, what an idiot
mio
#relatable

Artdefines06 wrote:When you say group caht what chatroom are you thinking of? do I need an app or is it here on the website? I don't do a lot of social things on the internet so I will have to get familiar with whatever it is before hand.
There are apps like slack which would work, but since we only need a chatroom without any fancy stuff like streaming maybe there is a simpler way.
Does anyone know of a online service where you can easily create temporary chatrooms without everybody having to register etc?
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

There's chatzy - http://www.chatzy.com/#0
kay
phabergé
Pronouns: she/her

I am in if available! If the time chosen is when I'm at work but it's in the afternoon I may be able to take my lunch/pretend I'm working/not answer calls/be generally terrible while on the clock.

Tinychat.com is also another option for quick chats!
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Just be careful with tinychat.com as I've used that once before and our chat got infiltrated by some guy who wanted to show us all his very small wang. I would personally avoid that place at all costs.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
human
dan hand trash

Skype seems to work quite nice for chatting; works nicely on tablets and phones also.
corn flakes
moon room

mio wrote:
Artdefines06 wrote:When you say group caht what chatroom are you thinking of? do I need an app or is it here on the website? I don't do a lot of social things on the internet so I will have to get familiar with whatever it is before hand.
There are apps like slack which would work, but since we only need a chatroom without any fancy stuff like streaming maybe there is a simpler way.
Does anyone know of a online service where you can easily create temporary chatrooms without everybody having to register etc?
I remember the chatroom from the eurovision contest, it was pretty basic and it seems to me the "registration" process was pratically nonexistent, does anyone remember it?
I would be against having to register somewhere for real.
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
hollyphan
glabella

just voted, I'll join if the date is available for me
Phandom got me like..
smarties
glabella

Great idea, count me in!!
I've just added my vote for the best date/time...

About the chat group, the one we used for the Eurovision was really easy and no unwanted guests infiltrated...
Here is the link to the website http://mibbit.com/

But Skype works well too
mio
#relatable

After watching the trailers I'm even more excited to watch the movies, especially with you guys :platonic:

I'm just conflicted whether to watch it before on my own or save it for the group watch, which would also mean mussing a ton of pages of analysis in the main thread for a few days :D

This mibbit looks simple enough thanks smarties!
I guess it's better than Skype because you don't need any program or account.

The general opinion seems to be to watch the show first? Anybody know how long the movies will be?
If it's too long to do both on the same date friday and sunday 9pm look like the best options to split it.

I'm looking forward to this!!
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
nephilimcat
woodland creature

mio wrote:
I'm just conflicted whether to watch it before on my own or save it for the group watch, which would also mean mussing a ton of pages of analysis in the main thread for a few days :D

If it's too long to do both on the same date friday and sunday 9pm look like the best options to split it.

I'm looking forward to this!!
I'll watch it when it comes out to have a private experience at first and also because I don't know if I'll be able to watch it on the date we'll choose. And if I already saw it once, I'm sure I'll notice more the second time I watch it.
Splitting it up sounds good to me, I'm sure most of us aren't busy at least one of the days :thumb:
Ugh, I can't wait
pulvis et umbra sumus
bluebox-away
woodland creature

If I'm free at the time we pick I am so down for a group watch and chat! +1 for both Mibbit and Skype, personally I prefer Skype cause mibbit has a habit of kicking you out if you're idle, but apart from that I'm easy :)
Would we be planning on watching both show and doc in the the same night or separately? & in what order?
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
mio
#relatable

bluebox-away wrote:If I'm free at the time we pick I am so down for a group watch and chat! +1 for both Mibbit and Skype, personally I prefer Skype cause mibbit has a habit of kicking you out if you're idle, but apart from that I'm easy :)
Would we be planning on watching both show and doc in the the same night or separately? & in what order?
On skype wouldnt you need to have the skype app and also add everyone?
I thought a chat would be more accessible to anyone willing to join spontaneously.

Looks like people prefer to watch the show first which sound reasonable!
Whether to watch both or not we can decide depending on the length of it and also how long everybody can stay that day
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
mio
#relatable

fancybum wrote: Documentary Drinking Game! I'll watch it clean once, then again as a drinking game and hopefully be incapacitated enough to watch tatinof without dying. Go to work hungover? Why not! But what are the rules?

Take a shot everytime...
Phil eats or mentions a pancake/waffle (hello alcohol poisoning)
Dan has curly hair??
Drake says anything
Dan calls himself or someone else trash
Phil harms himself or someone else with lack of spatial awareness
?? suggestions?
I just felt like this needed to be here as well... what else would be better for a group watch :D :D :D

Also more opinions on what to watch first would be great!
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
bear
hobbit hair

So when will the voting end?
Also, have we decided what to watch first?
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I'd say watch TATINOF first and then the doc.
mio
#relatable

bear wrote:So when will the voting end?
You're right, we should fix a date soon. Let's say after tomorrow evening when the stuffs out and everybody has had time to make up their minds?

There have been a lot of argument (also from dan :D ) to watch the show first, so I'd say let's do that (and maybe the doc afterwards but possibly on the later date)
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
bear
hobbit hair

mio wrote:
bear wrote:So when will the voting end?
You're right, we should fix a date soon. Let's say after tomorrow evening when the stuffs out and everybody has had time to make up their minds?

There have been a lot of argument (also from dan :D ) to watch the show first, so I'd say let's do that (and maybe the doc afterwards but possibly on the later date)
SquishPhan wrote:I'd say watch TATINOF first and then the doc.

What if we decide by tomorrow(technically thursday)midnight UK time?
bear
hobbit hair

Sorry to double post, but have the times been decided?
And also, who's coming? I'd like to know how many people are going to join us.
mio
#relatable

Looks like it's going to be saturday 9pm!

Maybe a moderater could close the poll and add this information to the first post.

I'm going to make the group chat and post a reminder here and on the main thread on saturday then.

Don't know how to foresee how many ppl will join us though? (I hope there are some of you as I couldnt make it through the show alone :lol: )
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
mio
#relatable

Sorry for double posting, but I already created the chat room as I have no life apparently

Check it out here!

Please check if it works for you. I selected the option that only users with confirmed email address who have the link can join, in hopes to avoid any random troll encounters. The registration is really quick and easy though, hope it works for everyone.

Feel free to drop by the chat and leave a message. Also like this we might get an idea who is down for the partey?
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
jesp
why bother

Moderating
mio wrote:Maybe a moderater could close the poll and add this information to the first post.
Sure thing. It's easier if you report the post you want edited, though, and put what you want in the reason for reporting field.

Here's a screenshot of the poll, too, since I had to delete it to close it.
bear
hobbit hair

Noooo! I just found out I couldn't make it. I was looking forward to this so much! :(
I hope everyone else has fun though!
mio
#relatable

Oh no bear! Sorry you can't make it!

Guys I'm really looking forward to this!! Still need to stock up on booze and popcorn :lol:
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
backin09
living flop

Looking forward to tonight! Got all my snacks ready
without the internet, we never would have met