The domesticated lives of Dan & Phil

A place to compile and archive information for reference/analysis.
human
dan hand trash

I've been waiting a very long time (all of like, three days, yo) to get this thread started. I started it on some other place who's name I forget now and it was my favourite thread there so I thought I'd start a brand new one with brand new stuff not at all reposted or copied over. This is brand new information!

So, one thing which is completely undeniable about Dan Howell, Phil Lester and their friendship is how adorably close and fond it is. The boys have been living together since August 2011 so that's almost 4 years *ahem, brand new information* a long time spent sharing two different living spaces and bonding somewhat domestically up the wazoo.

I wanted to start a separate thread for their rather adorable domesticated moments, away from "phan" speculation, and just for the fonds. Feel free to catalog all examples immediately with accurate time-codes and detailed godlike analysis attached *oops, bit too intense there* post your favourite moments as and when they happen, or blasts from the past.

I just have one request; this thread would love to be an antiphan friendly zone so pretty please no relationship speculation. Just domestic goodness!

1:12-1:24 "We've been waiting for eachother to wake up recently so we can have breakfast at the same time while watching an anime"
1:38-1:48 Phil making coffee for Dan, whilst Dan demands what cup he wants and awaits it to be brought to him.
2:05-2:16 Dan asks Phil to fetch him his advent calendar so he doesn't have to stand up (it was about a metre away from him).
3:20-3:30 Dan wearily reminds Phil to blow out the candle because he usually forgets.
10:55-13:19 Putting up the xmas tree and decorations together.

Just... 2:00 onwards

0:39-1:36
A somewhat adorable tale of the boys rooting through "their" suitcase (Cat's word, not mine) in a hotel lobby trying to find jumpers, then Dan's jumper suddenly appearing in Phil's suitcase (I know this doesn't make sense but because Cat refers to it as "their" suitcase, idk lol, I'm assuming the two on the floor are Dan and Phil's and Cat was just being weird by calling it "their" suitcase).

Cat: So Dan and Phil dropped their suitcase in the lobby and everything spilled out.
Phil: Noooo!
Dan: Yeah that's what happened, awkward! No. Getting out jeans 'cause it's cold in Orlando?
Phil: It's freezing!
Cat: *Blah blah*
Dan: I literally just put down my jumper, what the hell. Phil, what the hell just happened to my jumper?
Phil: I don't know.
*...*
Phil: It's here, you just put it into my suitcase.
Dan: What the eff? HOW. That's like in the middle of your suitcase. How did that happen?
Phil: I don't know what happened.
Dan: Some houdini shit just happened.

0:30 onwards
Another interestingly cute little snippet; in this clip where they're playing Cards Against Humanity with gleamers? It's so cute how they instinctively run the game together. And Dan straightens every single card Phil puts down lol.

14:55-21:35
My favourite parts are that Dan had just been cleaning the floor and then they messed it up by making milkshakes. Dan telling Phil to finish the milk that was open. Phil opening the cupboards and Dan closing them. Measuring milk out together. They knocked heads together moving around the kitchen. Dan whinges about having to dance, being dragged out of his room for promised milkshakes and therefore wants his milkshake lol. Bickering over how many sugar puffs to put into the milkshakes. Dan assumes he'll have to pour his own milkshake but Phil says he's doing it for him. Dan lectures Phil about being careful when pouring because he just cleaned the "frickin' floor". Phil leaves Dan to clean the kitchen again haha.

0:19 Phil telling Dan off for playing with sharp garden shears.
1:19 Dan asking Phil if he's making him food and a cute conversation where they try to make excuses for cooking for eachother simply because it saves throwing excess food away. Haha yeah, whatever.

And a tweet: I'm also trying to find the liveshow where Dan tells a story of Phil being entrusted with both of their passports, almost losing them and then finding them in his HAND
DryCereal
koi pond
Pronouns: she/her

Obvious vids are obvious... and they'll do for now.

IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

syzygy
drama llama

my fav thread.

a recent one from dan's last liveshow, prompted by the A+ question "what's the last thing you did to phil?". dan discusses the candle phil recently bought. gotta love some scented candle based domesticity.

50.25 - 52.30 (interrupted in the middle by an anti-jelly bean rant).

DryCereal
koi pond

I went a twitter scrollin' :D
I was watching an LS of Dan's recently, (I can't remember which one, and I'm not going back through to find it, soz!) and as he starts wrapping things up you can hear the gas stove being lit in the kitchen. Very domestic, much cooking Phil.

Trying new things!
Pancake Day '16
Cereal Disasters #NotMorningPeople
cherry
crusty sponge

ooh I'm going to love this thread

~slightly intoxicated dan~

starting at 53:13 or a little before for dan playing the piano. their new rug at 53:50
dan + phil huffington post interview

starting at 16:40. phil leaves his socks on their table at 17:07
AmazingPhil - YouNow August 25, 2012

starting at 6:05. phil makes dan coffees but dan never drinks them :cry:
Cat, Dan and Phil go to: EPCOT #FF

well, there's the infamous koi pond mention at 5:37, but there's also talk of the things they bought for their home starting at 7:07
defrosting pasta

starting at 1:12 "The real domestic life of Dan Howell"
there's probably a lot more I could add, but I'll stop now
the rumors are terrible and cruel
but, honey, most of them are true
DryCereal
koi pond

How did I forget this little gem?! :facepalm:

Full LS here:
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

yessss my favorite thread is back
im gonna try to actually post something useful tonight when i'm not on my phone
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
human
dan hand trash

Damn, I love that cooking ls with Phil testing the rice and the way they move around eachother in the kitchen.

Bouncy and so happy my favourite thread is living. Yaaaas.
gray_walls
dank meme

I didn't get around this thread in my gg-lurking days, and looks like i was missing out on the good stuff
my contribution:
excuse me my broken english
SquishPhan
capita£ester

gray_walls wrote:I didn't get around this thread in my gg-lurking days, and looks like i was missing out on the good stuff
my contribution:
Yes this is one of my faves and a classic. I may have watched it a lot
Loving this thread so far.
mintsans
sofa crease

Flat hunting with Phil and his "adorably dorky" folder with the property details all organized and color coded.

(it's v lagtacular sorry)

#Nesting
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

The confession roulette thing is just gold. Ten minutes of them complaining about each other and their little habits as housemates. I can't even pick my favorite thing, aside from the old and now very boring cereal stealing thing we have;

- Phil losing Dan's game in a hotel room so he bought him another game and Dan only then realizing why he did that. Like it just makes you think, Dan apparently never questioned Phil's motives for buying him a game so is them buying each other stuff for no reason a normal thing? Housemate goals tbh.
- 'You know the giant crack in one the kitchen tiles?' 'What the one you said you didn't do?' The tone in which Phil says that is hilarious to me because I can just imagine the domestic argument they had before about that damn tile. Plus Dan first going on a rant about how him throwing some ice onto the floor probably caused it, then later confessing to dropping a frying pan too.
- Dan leaving on the hair straighteners which is apparently a very frequent occurrence. Between that and Phil never blowing out candles, it's a miracle their house has not burned down yet.
- Phil being annoyed at Dan being late. 'I'm never actually late for anything..' 'Yes you are' I would love to be a fly on the wall in their house sometimes, how many times would I hear Phil yelling at Dan to hurry the f up because they gotta be somewhere in 10 minutes and he's still lounge pants :')
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Catallena wrote:

The confession roulette thing is just gold. Ten minutes of them complaining about each other and their little habits as housemates. I can't even pick my favorite thing, aside from the old and now very boring cereal stealing thing we have;

- Phil losing Dan's game in a hotel room so he bought him another game and Dan only then realizing why he did that. Like it just makes you think, Dan apparently never questioned Phil's motives for buying him a game so is them buying each other stuff for no reason a normal thing? Housemate goals tbh.
- 'You know the giant crack in one the kitchen tiles?' 'What the one you said you didn't do?' The tone in which Phil says that is hilarious to me because I can just imagine the domestic argument they had before about that damn tile. Plus Dan first going on a rant about how him throwing some ice onto the floor probably caused it, then later confessing to dropping a frying pan too.
- Dan leaving on the hair straighteners which is apparently a very frequent occurrence. Between that and Phil never blowing out candles, it's a miracle their house has not burned down yet.
- Phil being annoyed at Dan being late. 'I'm never actually late for anything..' 'Yes you are' I would love to be a fly on the wall in their house sometimes, how many times would I hear Phil yelling at Dan to hurry the f up because they gotta be somewhere in 10 minutes and he's still lounge pants :')
Yes to all of this.
I especially like the game part, because like you said Dan never questioned why Phil bought him a new game. They probably buy each other stuff all the time.
DryCereal
koi pond

TABINOF p68/69 & 195 (Housemate Assessments, & What Text Each Other)
lilMango
morning quiff

The first half of this video is v domestic i like it
Last edited by lilMango on Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

If I may make a suggestion: it might be wise to put the videos under a spoiler, so that the page doesn't get too difficult to load on mobile devices / slow connections. :)

Anyway, I love this thread so, so much. Thank you, human, for starting it, and all contributors for fleshing it out!
busy being happy~
phamnotof
morning quiff

gray_walls wrote:I didn't get around this thread in my gg-lurking days, and looks like i was missing out on the good stuff
my contribution:
my favorite thing about this is that it's literally dan and phil building a closet together in 2012
human
dan hand trash

I re-found some screencaps of convos lurking in my imgur lol. Discovered this beauty.

kay
phabergé

oh oh OH I love this thread. Nothing of substance to post (yet) other than thank you archivists
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

lilMango wrote:
The first half of this video is v domestic i like it
This makes me think, if Mom Dan washes Dad Phil's clothes, hmm...

:platonic:

No shame just very... Platonic and Bro-like - that is a common thing all bros do.
phamnotof wrote: my favorite thing about this is that it's literally dan and phil building a closet together in 2012
Never thought about this like that...

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

shikaritrash
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

phamnotof wrote:
my contribution:
my favorite thing about this is that it's literally dan and phil building a closet together in 2012
that has to be my fav comment ever
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ dan senses tingling 24/7 soz ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
majitzu
angel bean

Doritos and Cow Day
DryCereal
koi pond

Even Dan has his limits for coping with Phil's... Phil-ness. :facepalm:

at Dan.exe has stopped working

can't stop laughing. Halp.. please....
daphenaxa
blobfish

If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)