The chemistry of Dan and Phil

A place to compile and archive information for reference/analysis.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

There's already a thread to cover the domestic dynamic of deppy (wow, the alliteration was irresistible, sorry) but I'd love to know what videos or moments people most closely associate with Dan and Phil's chemistry and/or sexual tension. (Because I know those aren't the same thing, and I don't want to exclude anyone and I'm interested in examples of both.)

I'll just start with the obvious classic choices under the cut: the first pinof and the first AmazingDan.

oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

This is probably not what you're looking for but these were the first videos I thought of lol.

"You loved it. You want to do it more." "All right."
Stickaid face-drawing
Sexually-charged thumb wrestling
busy being happy~
phamnotof
morning quiff

the fist thing i thought of were these two baking ones:

weirdly enough also the cheese challenge, where dan's not even in the shot, but there's a few moments where phil looks at him in a way he normally doesn't allow himself anymore on camera & i treasure them greatly
syzygy
drama llama

this clip starting at 0.25 when dan wins the ruler from the christmas cracker and phil cheekily asks him "what are you gonna measure?" dan's reaction always makes me feel like this is something they would usually edit out, i'm glad they didn't.
also, the moment in the gif in my signature. i just like the body language in general (and in the rest of the video tbh).
karma_yeah
philussy

I just jumped over here from the main thread where the current topic of conversation is . . . da da da DA . . . their special relationship :D

Those are great examples. One of the things I can't get over is how much and how easily they make each other laugh. Personally, I think that's a critical element of a really solid relationship. Laughing makes you feel better and is very healing.

And people can argue all they want that Heart-eyes Howell and Love-eyes Lester are figments of "phans with phan goggles on" but they do not look at anyone else the way they look at each other.
What goes around, comes around Image
manged
lady door

OH FUCK ME I'M SO HERE FOR THIS THREAD

I have so many moments stashed away in my memory, I don't know where to start and can't possibly list them all in one go.

The first few to come to mind:
Iconic Love Eyes Lester in that Japanese candy video:
0:48ish

I find the exchange at 5:08 in this Dragon City video too cute
For some reason, the entire Halo gaming video comes off so coupley to me ?????
syzygy wrote:this clip starting at 0.25 when dan wins the ruler from the christmas cracker and phil cheekily asks him "what are you gonna measure?" dan's reaction always makes me feel like this is something they would usually edit out, i'm glad they didn't.
Yessss I would've included this as well if you hadn't already.
cherry
crusty sponge

I love their chemistry and interactions!

How To Make British Pancakes
HELL DEMON
Dan Vs Phil UV Paint Special
the rumors are terrible and cruel
but, honey, most of them are true
daphenaxa
blobfish

just posting the two videos someone linked in the main thread

If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
aosagi
tol bean

the baby animal quiz immediately comes to my mind
I'm usually not convinced by heart-eyes Howell, but here it really seems like he can't take his eyes off Phil. And he laughs a lot
vincentian
hobbit hair

This is my fav go-to video that I’ve watched probably 50 times, naturally funny bouncy chemistry of 2 people who are married have known each other for a long time & funniest deadpan reactions. Dan's cynical façade is incredibly see-through here, a lot of fond grumbling (ahh post-japhan). Belongs in the domestic life thread as well.
Jems from Phil:
0:35- 0:39 - Phil talking about satisfaction from his “revenge” looking at Dan with half-closed eyelids
3:40 – “sniff it, don’t like snort it”
4:38 – "exothermic! science!"
5:35 – 5:39 – free wings. dragon wings
5:53 – 5:58 – big gulp! big mouthful 8-)
6:07 – Phil’s reactions to ‘so many emotions’ on Dan’s face :P
6:30 – Phil pretending to be all like “I don’t want to sip” but then very easily persuaded by Dan lol. I wonder if this can be projected on other scenarios in their irl life
6:43 – “quotes from Phil” - Dan on his comparison of child beer to licking plastic #philtrash

Dan:
0:09 – 0:16 – “whachadoin’" + laugh - half embarrassed/half amused
0:48 – “not my idea” on Phil’s presence in ls, bad acting Dan :)
1:33 – Phil talks about tiding his room, Dan being snarky
3:15 -3:33 – Dan the sass master winding Phil up for cheeky nandos 'hate', Phil’s laugh reaction is amazing
3:54 – Simon 2 the shrimp mention rip
4:10 – 4:15 Dan being hilarious worrying the beer would overflow
4:25 – Dan couldn’t come up with pub names, both of their reactions
5:17 – “you’d have animatronic pub sign?” (funnily messing up word animatronic, sounding drunk and looking fondly)
5:28 – Dan already planning Howell-Lester family pub business
7:16 – Phil touches Dan’s arm [aka Phil’s stealthiness fail], Dan’s horrified stare at the screen
7:20 – 7:30 - Phil showing off stickers on his laptop and their Japhan photo is there so Dan preventively points it out
8:10 - 8:23 – Dan horribly failing at geography and Phil’s laugh.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

In this blooper/outtake clip for the Super Amazing Project their chemistry is really cute, especially the second half where they're more talking to each other rather than the camera. I miss SAP :wahh:

Phil was ready to unfriend Dan right there.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Catallena wrote: Phil was ready to unfriend Dan right there.
you can't blame him, i can't have been the only one internally screaming BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER YOU FOOL!
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

missemma wrote:
you can't blame him, i can't have been the only one internally screaming BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER YOU FOOL!
I can assure you that you were not alone in doing that, I am guilty of it as well. Phil really should have unfriended him right then and there. ;)
phamnotof
morning quiff

SquishPhan wrote:
missemma wrote:
I can assure you that you were not alone in doing that, I am guilty of it as well. Phil really should have unfriended him right then and there. ;)
oh my god, that is hilarious. :D but yep, i'd say their friendship was never in such danger ever again
princenagi
smol bean

throwing some fun action into this thread bc i just stumbled upon this and wanted to share - an Actual Couple reacting to Dan and Phil !!

so there's this channel called 'Couples React' which is pretty self-explanatory (its one couple that reacts to videos and the like) and they originally reacted to PINOF 7 w/o any previous knowledge of and made another video a few days ago upon request to watch the first PINOF

one of the things they address straight away is their relationship (around 0:20) which was a previous question from the first react video to PINOF 7 ('are they brothers ?')

by the end of the video (around 4:30) they discuss their relationship and i think its darn telling that an Actual Couple not only notes that these guys probably aren't brothers but also that in every video that they see of the guys the couple says they 'remind them of themselves' which is just so sweet and demonstrative of their chemistry i think

bonus: if you wanna check out their other videos they also react to PINOF 7 as i mentioned (and fondly recall that deppy 'remind them of themselves' and also react to the Impossible Quiz in which they say the same thing once more rip my heart)