The Attraction Thread (2.0)

A place to compile and archive information for reference/analysis.
angrymob
hobbit hair

felucca wrote: Honestly tho. We sure he's not single? He's becoming very explicit, I'd start feeling a bit weird at this point if I was in a relationship with him, just saying.
Maybe D&P broke up and Dan was only withholding the explicit comments because of Phil, so now that they are over, he is free to unleash all those pent up feelings. I'm sure if I had actually seen Star Wars, I would have an appropriate analogy here.
manged
lady door

felucca wrote:
Honestly tho. We sure he's not single? He's becoming very explicit, I'd start feeling a bit weird at this point if I was in a relationship with him, just saying.

His 2012 female mentions were also pretty explicit but could easily be explained in a phan context where they were trying to cover the relationship up together (Phil also said a lot of things in 2012, after all). Is lots of explicit male mentions as easily explainable? Something Phil would look through the fingers with because... why? It's so important for Dan not to be seen as straight? It's not serious/just about celebrities, so it doesn't matter how many times Dan says they're hnng and he wants sex with them...? Food for thought.
Don't be ridiculous, Fel. This only confirms that they're polyamorous swingers in an open relationship.
PolarFox
truth bomb
Pronouns: she/her

felucca wrote: Honestly tho. We sure he's not single? He's becoming very explicit, I'd start feeling a bit weird at this point if I was in a relationship with him, just saying.
Maybe they have jealousy kink and Dan's bae is never jelly so he's pushing it.
Awww! You clicked on my signature!
phamnotof
morning quiff

PolarFox wrote:
Maybe they have jealousy kink and Dan's bae is never jelly so he's pushing it.
I mean, to me, it feels like Dan's trying to find a way out the closet without dragging Phil (who appears to me less ready) along with him, and this is the only way to do it, and it's also the maximum he can say without bringing phan into the conversation to a broader audience.

but like, yeah, a jealousy kink is also an acceptable deduction :D
felucca
truth bomb

Hahaha, oh you guys. You know what, I think you're probably right. All of you, at the same time.

I added the infamous Molly thing from the radio show:

Swingers. Definitely swingers. With jealousy kink. Image
dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

:dh:
pearshaped34
morning quiff

Phil has had a few images of Zayn stuck to his laptop for a guy who once opted to stay home rather then go to a 1D concert. I strongly suspect Zayn is there more because Phil finds him aesthetically pleasing rather then that he admires him as an artist.

(Sorry for that screenshot Dan)
felucca
truth bomb

Didn't Phil call Zayn a woodland animal once? I don't remember.

Oqua and Vivastian did some digging and found us a snazzy new phan denial, enjoy:

(yes it's from the same day Voldy was leaked for the first time)

here's the comment Dan answered, in a reblog from 2012 because the original post was deleted:

"we're definitely just friends"

Nothing like a brand new phan denial to warm you on a cold night, eh?

greatnessflicker
cheeky #spon

This is from April of 2014, so it might have been covered before (though a quick search on gg and the attraction tumblr yielded no results), but I've been looking through Dan's tumblr tags, and besides general insight to dan's mind, there's a few tags that express ambiguous attraction (the Dane posts come to mind).

Anyways, the one I most recently found interesting is this .gif of a character named haruhi from ouran high school host club.
According to my friend and google, haruhi is a female character who presents as a male while apart of the male-only host club and, like the rest of the club, "entertains" female clients.

Dan tagged it as "hands up if haruhi gave you confused feelings." So, his tag, in combination with the very romantic nature of the .gif, leads me to think his confused feelings are about being attracted to a girl presenting as a boy, his gender identification, or both.

Of course, it might have to do with none of that. I don't know what specific scene this .gif is from, and I guess he could be talking about being attracted to a girl "entertaining" girl clients (though it isn't abnormal for men attracted to women). Also, his confused feelings might be nothing more than confused feelings. Still, I thought it was super fascinating and perhaps one of his famous hints (note how he also has said "hands up" if arthur made you a furry) that he's not 100% cishet.
daphenaxa
blobfish

so it seems Dan was aroused (and scared) by that young man Douwe Bob, apparently openly bisexual and representant of the Netherlands at Eurovision.

he also tweeted this about the UK entry: here they are:
fun fact, a lot of people thought Joe, the one on the left actually looks like Dan.
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
notworthreading
phillion/danosaur <//3

Dan said he would (Undertale, temmie village vid)

notworthreading
phillion/danosaur <//3

Time to revive this thread for a bit with a male mention from Phil

"Tasty Zayn" 4:21-4:24

We also learn that Dan wants to eat One direction 4:32-4:35
spider
ar·tic·u·late

{tatinof spoiler}
Last edited by jesp on Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added spoiler tags at poster's request
felucca
truth bomb

spider omg that's an amazing quote. I have no doubt he said it (because it's just like Dan, isn't it :roll: ) but I guess since there's no real record of him saying it we'll have to file it under "hearsay"....sad times. Please repeat in a liveshow, Dan.

daphenaxa man thanks for telling us about Douwe Bob, openly bisexual, I see... :thumb:

greatnessflicker wow, gotta be read up on your anime to figure out Dan's sneaky mentions sometimes, why does he keep doing this to me srsly. Appreciate the date of the post because I don't know how to tumblr, thank you.

In other news I found real interesting one from the radio show! Dan saying it's relatable to be too busy with your career to have a relationship...

^ see this is the kind of stuff I'd use if I ran an anti-phan blog

Placing it on the timeline in my Dan attraction playlist, I noticed the day he said it was the very same day this happened riiight before the radio show:

I guess dating must have been on his mind after that.

Also here's a more lighthearted radio show one that BLEW MY MIND.

(IT'S A MAN!)

Couple of Phil ones:

The Agario ones (thank you notworthreading!)

(lol I refuse to add the Undertale one....because I'm ageist, basically)
Honestly how much better would the Dan Agario one have been if they had said "1D" instead of One Direction, like come on. Although I just noticed Dan already makes that joke (?) in the tasty Zayn clip (their dreams of eating 1D are coming alive, ok Dan) so I added that one to both his and Phil's lists. I keep feeling torn over whether those clips are completely pointless and feeling like "wow, they're totally joking about sipping lattes together aren't they".

kay
phabergé

spider wrote:{tatinof spoiler}
Not sure which TATINOF the poster was at, but he also said this at Costa Mesa and Hollywood TATINOFs. (thx for the direct quote spider because I was going to say "he said something about Evan Peters or something" lol). It was during the ISG portion and someone "called in" asking the best way to ask someone out (or something... I don't remember the question fully) and he said it was better to forget about dating and just date fictional characters in your head.
Last edited by jesp on Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added spoiler tags at poster's request
notworthreading
phillion/danosaur <//3

Rachel from Friends has a place in Phil's heart

4:44
000dia000
emo goose

notworthreading wrote:Rachel from Friends has a place in Phil's heart

4:44
He really likes his blonde women:
:cactus:
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

I expected everything but that last picture
NarrysCanary
janice from the shop

Ticia wrote:I expected everything but that last picture
Me neither :lol:

Tbfh I was expecting a picture of Louise since he kept creepily staring at her in their last collab
:biheart:
blueapple_x
flower crown

Lol he did tell Dan that he looked "scarily attractive" as a blonde in his first tumblr tag video.

3:53
spider
ar·tic·u·late

Zayn has been pointed out but did anyone see the Robert Downey Jr. sticker on Phil's computer?

felucca
truth bomb

Aww Dan's first breakup.

"I was so awful for ages", someone give that boy a hug.

(Phil's first breakup for comparison)

corn flakes
moon room

I think that it's not something new but I just saw this ls today:

At 47:15 alexander rybak is ,he underlines that he doesn't "swing that way" but still
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
felucca
truth bomb

Mr Dannyfire himself hath spoketh.

felucca
truth bomb

The Guild Wars 2 collection.

shoe
Moderator Emeritus
Pronouns: they/them

Haru is a "hot anime guy" It's subtle but it's something. Some people are going with the theory that they have swapped twitters and all recent tweets on Phil's account have actually been by Dan. Think what you will.
Post moved from previously being in an incorrect thread because I don't pay enough attention for someone who has multiple tabs open.