Dan and Phil dreams & analysis

A place to compile and archive information for reference/analysis.
akui
blobfish
Pronouns: She/Her

It's for recording and analyzing Dan and Phil's dreams if you believe this sort of thing, armchair psychology welcome.

akui
blobfish

Some tweets of Phil's dream (only last two years)
akui
blobfish

More of Phil's dreams (that i can remember cuz i have a memory of a dead fish)

(thanks mermaid blood for this)

Phil dreamed about the dentist sewing his mouth closed. (at 10:35)
I have no memory of Dan talking about his dreams, unless someone want to decipher his dream journal then please go ahead.
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

akui wrote:I have no memory of Dan talking about his dreams, unless someone want to decipher his dream journal then please go ahead.
I don't remember who started this project probably someone from here or some other discussion forum, but I have a google doc bookmarked that contains transcriptions of Dan's handwriting. About 9/10 pages are dedicated to deciphering what his dream journal actually says. Here it is, for posterity. Dan's horrendous handwriting accounts for far too many unnecessary mysteries, lol.
barbieisaloser
tol bean
Pronouns: she/her

Dan talked about his dreams in TABINOF (I only listened to the audio book so heres the excerpt I found on YoutTube)

lilMango
morning quiff

I have so much stuff to do, but I need to come back to this thread.... thanks akui!
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
akui
blobfish

lilMango wrote:I have so much stuff to do, but I need to come back to this thread.... thanks akui!
You welks mango!
daphenaxa
blobfish

I think Dan or Phil had also this small dream dictionary and in one liveshow they searched the meaning of something and the dictionary they had was really really shit. Did this happen? or did I hallucinate? I think it happened.
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
kusunoki masashige
butt chair

daphenaxa wrote:I think Dan or Phil had also this small dream dictionary and in one liveshow they searched the meaning of something and the dictionary they had was really really shit. Did this happen? or did I hallucinate? I think it happened.
They do have a dream analysis book, they used it in this SAP-episode.

Starting 1:36

Is it okay for me to dump a dream of mine on here??
Trigger warning(??): death. firearms.
Ok, two nights ago I had a dream that was a little disturbing. I was in a hotel room with a woman I didn't know. But in the dream, she didn't feel like a stranger. We were talking when she suddenly pulled out a gun and asked me to shoot her. Which I did, without asking any questions. I didn't cause fatal injury with the first two bullets and she complained because of that, the third one killed her.
The disturbing thing is, that I didn't feel any remorse, I was just nervous because I was afraid of being caught. So I tried to figure out a way of getting out of there without being caught and that was when I woke up.
spaceminimalist
squish

i rerember reading on tumblr that phils dream where he had his mouth sewn shut with purple thread represents him keeping a big secret
that could be linked to a hidden relationship or to the book and the tour they where still keeping secret back then if i'm not confusing the year? or the app. or whatever other surprise they were working on that they will reveal next, i swear these man are always working on something
@kusunoki this sounds a bit like you're afraid of being held resposible for a mistake? weird dream
mez29
procrastinator

akui wrote:
Bullshit analysis below
Phil usually dyes his hair black, and white is the opposite of black, so in the dream, he is the opposite of what he usually is. Presumably by choice, because he actively dyes his hair rather than having it turn white naturally. So if the dream represents his unconscious desires, he wants to be different from how he actually is.
If he's working at a Travelodge, he is staying in one place while watching lots of people pass by. So if white-haired Phil reflects the person Phil truly wants to be, he wants to have a slow pace of life, staying stationary while other people move on.
White hair represents old age, so perhaps Phil feels like his old age is coming, and he is ready to settle into retirement and withdraw from his busy life.

this is 100% not serious btw, I was just seeing where I could take this. i'd be sad if phil retired
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

No analysis, but an offering:
(He was on one of his Florida family vacations at the time.)
Boterham
smol bean

here's some analysis from a dream-meaning-thing site. I'm too lazy to find more on my own so I used the tweets Akui has posted.

Dream meaning of:

Spaghetti
May suggest entanglements or something difficult to handle.
Apocalypse:
it is the anxiety about the unknown future or feeling you have no control of your future that leads to apocalyptic dreams, as the familiar aspects of life give way to the unfamiliar.
Feeling unprepared for what lies ahead or being unwilling to release the past can also result in dreams of the world coming to an end.
Zombie:
May suggest lacking purpose or a direction in life and having no goals or plans for the future.
May suggest an inability to express yourself.
May suggest feeling unemotional, alone and disconnected from others.
May represent aspects of yourself that you have rejected.
May symbolize running away from something or denying your fears.
May represent feeling dead inside or feeling out of touch with reality.
May represent someone that does not or cannot think on their own and just follows someone’s orders – an automaton.
Soap:
1 May suggest the need to cleanse negative thoughts, unwanted habits, unhealthy relationships, etc.
2 May symbolize guilt and the desire to wash away all traces of evidence.
Whale:
1 May symbolize big emotions that are coming to the surface of consciousness.
2 May symbolize navigating through the unconscious.
3 May suggest an acknowledgement of deep emotions or repressed memories.
4 May represent someone or something that is big, frightening or overwhelming. (the phandom)
5 May represent a spiritual emergence.
Face:
1 May symbolize taking a look at yourself and examining beliefs or actions.
2 May represent concern about appearance.
3 May suggest coming face-to-face with a problem.
4 May represent your persona or the face you show to others.
5 May indicate a need to face a person and confront a problem or relationship issue.
Looking for a job: (I know he said he got a job, but still adding this.)
If you are currently working, it may be highlighting your dissatisfaction with your job and your desire to quit.
Moving:
May represent a need or desire to ‘move on’ to something new.
May represent an end to a relationship or other major aspect of life.
Wasp:
May denote anger, stinging words, negative thoughts and feelings
Moss:
1 May represent feeling the need to keep moving to avoid feeling stuck.
2 May represent constantly moving on and avoiding making connections and forming relationships.
3 May symbolize a project or relationship that is growing or progressing very slowly.
most of these are negative. Does Phil have a existential crisis too? Is there an actual phan!divorce going on? :o who knows.

I hope i did the spoiler thing right since its my first time using this
PolarFox
truth bomb

Dream experts, what have you got to say about this?
Awww! You clicked on my signature!
backin09
living flop

PolarFox wrote: Dream experts, what have you got to say about this?
I'm not an expert, but i googled it and apparently it means:
Motorcycle
To see or ride a motorcycle in your dream symbolizes your desire for freedom and need for adventure. You may be trying to escape from some situation or some other responsibility in your waking life. Alternatively, a motorcycle is symbolic of raw sexuality. Perhaps you are moving too fast.

To see or be in a motorcycle chase in your dream implies that you are avoiding your responsibilities.
A dream featuring a motorcycle takes its meaning from the function of the motor (look above, in “Motor”).

If you had a passenger on your motorcycle, you will have good luck with someone of the opposite sex. (heteronormative :roll: )

If you were the passenger, there is someone you want to be closer to.
Motorcycle: 1. Phallic symbol (because of stereotypical easy sexual­ ity among motorcycle gang members).
2. Proof of manhood or sexual abilities. 3. Anger. 4. Aggression. 5. Permissive female sexuality. Motorcycle Symbolic of a fast-paced or free-living lifestyle or individual
but phil dreamt about being the motorbike, not being the passenger or the driver so idk if it means the same
without the internet, we never would have met