D&P's relationship/sexuality according to other people

A place to compile and archive information for reference/analysis.
felucca
truth bomb

Hello!

I'm trying to collect all the times other youtubers or people associated with D&P have somehow mentioned their relationship or sexuality. Help? :)

Here's what I've got so far:

Relationship/phan
> Ordered by date or person, take your pick :geek:

Ordered by person

BBC
[insert stuff here]

Bryarly
(association: youtuber and at the time girlfriend of charlieissocoollike)

3rd May 2013

1:13
"I feel like I should say as well... um... That he and Phil are not together. Just... so you guys know. I don't know if you're part of the people who think they are but, but they're not."
Bryony
[insert stuff here]

charlieskies

29th March 2013

1:00 & 1:20
"Do you ship phan? I used to. I don't anymore. I love both of them but... [shakes head] nope. Phandom killed it."
"Wait, is phan real? Yeah I'm just gonna answer that.... [exaggerated shrug] Why not."

Chris (crabstickz)

11th May 2016
https://youtu.be/gmXG7eVZ_7s?t=1h47m
Chat: "Do you ship phan?"
Chris: "Do I ship phan? What does that mean?”
Dan's brother

20 December 2012
(approximate date, could've been earlier)
Jack Howard

28th January 2015
Jamie Pine
(association: British youtuber under Channelflip)

24th May 2016
Louise

4th April 2014
10th May 2014
Pewdiepie

25th September 2016

2:13
"Dan and Phil. Are they dating? No, we won't fucking tell you - fuck you, you'll never know."
PJ

? ?? 2012

Q: Do you ship phan?
PJ: Um, no..... I... respect them as humans and as fellow friends... I treat them as such. ...I'll keep answering this way until people stop asking me... this question.

Teoh/Mr Tino
(association: personal friend of them)

31st Dec 2012
Tyler Oakley

9th August 2014
Ben: "I don't understand what this question means. 'Do you ship phan?'"
Tyler: "Ehhhh... [hides behind microphone smiling] I... There is something special about being in a phandwich. Um, it's when you're like inbetween Phil and Dan, and it's like... magic. Um yes I ship phan. ...Do you?
Ben: "A little bit."
Tyler: "I just like the thought of, like, very tall men... enjoying each other...
Ben: "Oh dear-"
Tyler: [giggles uncontrollably]
Ben: "Oh dear."
17th May 2015
(Note: This one isn't necessarily about phan specifically.)

When Joey Graceffa officially came out in 2015, Dan & Phil's Tumblr tags were LITTERED with comments about how it was their turn next and people pressuring them to just come out already, and it was generally pretty gross and overwhelming (like I'm not a sensitive person but I ended up turning my computer off that evening, just sayin'). The same day Tyler tweeted this:
April-May 2016
Tyler Oakley goes on an accidental phan reblog spree on Tumblr, oops.

25th April 2016
The first one was when Tyler reblogged this post on Tumblr by mistake:

(screenshot from 25 April 2016)

He immediately deleted it and tweeted this:

1st May 2016
Another accidental reblog that he deleted, this time without comment:

23rd May 2016
Tyler reblogs this one AGAIN:

(screenshot from 23 May 2016)

This time he tweeted this:
(David = the CEO of Tumblr)
Ordered by date

?? 2012

PJ

Q: Do you ship phan?
PJ: Um, no..... I... respect them as humans and as fellow friends... I treat them as such. ...I'll keep answering this way until people stop asking me... this question.
31st Dec 2012

Teoh/Mr Tino
(association: personal friend of them)
20 December 2012
(approximate date, could've been earlier)

Dan's brother
29th March 2013

charlieskies

1:00 & 1:20
"Do you ship phan? I used to. I don't anymore. I love both of them but... [shakes head] nope. Phandom killed it."
"Wait, is phan real? Yeah I'm just gonna answer that.... [exaggerated shrug] Why not."
3rd May 2013
Bryarly
(association: youtuber and at the time girlfriend of charlieissocoollike)

1:13
"I feel like I should say as well... um... That he and Phil are not together. Just... so you guys know. I don't know if you're part of the people who think they are but, but they're not."
4th April 2014

Louise
10th May 2014

Louise
9th August 2014

Tyler Oakley & Ben Cook
Ben: "I don't understand what this question means. 'Do you ship phan?'"
Tyler: "Ehhhh... [hides behind microphone smiling] I... There is something special about being in a phandwich. Um, it's when you're like inbetween Phil and Dan, and it's like... magic. Um yes I ship phan. ...Do you?
Ben: "A little bit."
Tyler: "I just like the thought of, like, very tall men... enjoying each other...
Ben: "Oh dear-"
Tyler: [giggles uncontrollably]
Ben: "Oh dear."
28th January 2015

Jack Howard
17th May 2015

Tyler Oakley
(Note: This one isn't necessarily about phan specifically.)

When Joey Graceffa officially came out in 2015, Dan & Phil's Tumblr tags were LITTERED with comments about how it was their turn next and people pressuring them to just come out already, and it was generally pretty gross and overwhelming (like I'm not a sensitive person but I ended up turning my computer off that evening, just sayin'). The same day Tyler tweeted this:
April-May 2016

Tyler Oakley goes on an accidental phan reblog spree on Tumblr, oops.
25th April 2016
First time was when Tyler reblogged this post on Tumblr by mistake:

(screenshot from 25 April 2016)

He immediately deleted it and tweeted this:

1st May 2016
Another accidental reblog that he then deleted, without comment:

23rd May 2016
Tyler reblogs this one AGAIN:

(screenshot from 23 May 2016)

This time he tweeted this:
(David = the CEO of Tumblr)
24th May 2016

Jamie Pine
(association: British youtuber under Channelflip)
25th September 2016

Pewdiepie

2:13
"Dan and Phil. Are they dating? No, we won't fucking tell you - fuck you, you'll never know."
Sexuality
> Ordered by date or person, take your pick :geek:

charlieskies

6th Jan 2010
6th Jan 2010

charlieskies
[insert more people]
dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

:dh:
anathema
morning quiff
Pronouns: she/her

Great idea! I cba to get screenshots right now, but something of the top of my head for the sexuality section is the whole "Dan would rather be holding balls" thing from Charlie or whatever he said. That was 2013 I think?? And the BBC has that real or no real bunk bed thing, but I'm not sure if that would fit into either category
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

I'm sure you're looking for more than rumors, but I remember seeing a kerfuffle around February 7, 2015 about whether Louise said "nobody really knows" when asked if Phan was real. It was supposedly part of the conversation about the "girl box" they keep in their bathroom, which Phil later clarified was random toiletries for guests. I'm guessing Louise's answer was never confirmed, but figured I'd mention it for completeness!

I love all the compilations!
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
DryCereal
koi pond

Two R1 things that stick in my mind...

IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
Alizzay
not a first-time poster

There is a blog on Tumblr claiming to know people connected to phan. They were apparently together from 2009 to a little after the vday leak in 2012. Broke up, became fwb in 2013, then got back together as of late summer of 2014 and are still a couple.

If this is the case then your timeline fits perfectly
anathema
morning quiff

IckleMissMayhem wrote:Two R1 things that stick in my mind...

That first one is the one I was thinking of, but I've never seen that second one! :shock: Thanks for sharing.
Alizzay wrote:There is a blog on Tumblr claiming to know people connected to phan. They were apparently together from 2009 to a little after the vday leak in 2012. Broke up, became fwb in 2013, then got back together as of late summer of 2014 and are still a couple.

I know exactly what blog you're talking about and I wouldn't take anything they say as truth (no matter how well other timelines might "fit")
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
bluewho
truth bomb

Not sure if this qualifies as it's not a direct answer to the question but:

Evan Edinger:
It at least implies ambiguity/curiosity on the 'phan's relationship' question. Otherwise they'd be nothing to discuss.
spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late

daphenaxa
blobfish

spaceguitar wrote:
what a fucking asshole
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
Winston
flower crown

^^I saw this but i didn't get it. Joe who? What? Am i behind in the trolling times?
actions speak louder than words
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

Winston wrote:^^I saw this but i didn't get it. Joe who? What? Am i behind in the trolling times?
This tweet comes from the time when Joe Sugg announced his first book and the thumbnail announcement was Manips of Joe and Caspar kissing. So many people were offended by this blatant case of queerbaiting and shipbaiting and had a right to feel that way. The fact that Ben Cook has the gull to even say something like this in response to people being offended by queerbaiting is really irritating and down right immature.
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
Winston
flower crown

ah, Ok thanks!
actions speak louder than words
papierklemmen
flower crown

confusedpanda wrote:
Winston wrote:^^I saw this but i didn't get it. Joe who? What? Am i behind in the trolling times?
This tweet comes from the time when Joe Sugg announced his first book and the thumbnail announcement was Manips of Joe and Caspar kissing. So many people were offended by this blatant case of queerbaiting and shipbaiting and had a right to feel that way. The fact that Ben Cook has the gull to even say something like this in response to people being offended by queerbaiting is really irritating and down right immature.
His reaction is OTT but I actually get where he was coming from, he called out the hypocrisy of fans
dollicious
spork

papierklemmen wrote:
confusedpanda wrote:
His reaction is OTT but I actually get where he was coming from, he called out the hypocrisy of fans
okay, i get that this tweet was a joke but i don’t really see the hypocrisy of the fans? one is being upset about joe & caspar’s blatant queerbaiting click bait thumbnail and the other is writing fan fiction about dan and (presumably) phil. like they are not the same thing at all. fans reading/writing fan fiction is not queerbaiting so where is the hypocrisy? fans who ship people (or are lgbt+ especially) have a right to be upset about creators queerbaiting, right? especially on a video announcing his book called “my big announcement.”
sorry, this is OT from what the thread is about, but this annoys me so much :roll:.
do you like d&p?
papierklemmen
flower crown

dollicious wrote:
papierklemmen wrote:
confusedpanda wrote:
okay, i get that this tweet was a joke but i don’t really see the hypocrisy of the fans? one is being upset about joe & caspar’s blatant queerbaiting click bait thumbnail and the other is writing fan fiction about dan and (presumably) phil. like they are not the same thing at all. fans reading/writing fan fiction is not queerbaiting so where is the hypocrisy? fans who ship people (or are lgbt+ especially) have a right to be upset about creators queerbaiting, right? especially on a video announcing his book called “my big announcement.”
sorry, this is OT from what the thread is about, but this annoys me so much :roll:.
oh well, please don't be annoyed. :roll: i don't agree with him defending joe and saying that joe's actions weren't queerbaiting, but a certain number of fans who ship real people (the kind of overzealous crowd he's most likely been exposed to on twitter) are just fetishizing lgbt+ people and relationships and pushing their gay fantasies on their faves, so in that sense i can see how he, supposedly a member of the community, wasn't impressed by people trying to pretend they're adding to the dialogue when their only concern might have been that they were fooled into believing their fantasies are validated, especially since joe used the actual manips made by fans for the thumbnail.
back to the topic: i think this list is missing this legendary tweet by catrific :lol:
also, did bryony every comment on the topic? i only remember her post (i think it was an answer to someone's question, on formspring or was it tumblr?? idk) about not being jealous of dan & phil's levels of fame, that she knows what it's like to be big on youtube because she once was, and her mentioning that d&p can't do anything together without it being interpreted in the wrong way. so there's that i guess.
onetruetrash
blobfish

Alizzay wrote:There is a blog on Tumblr claiming to know people connected to phan. They were apparently together from 2009 to a little after the vday leak in 2012. Broke up, became fwb in 2013, then got back together as of late summer of 2014 and are still a couple.

I just want to say this in case anyone in the future has no idea what this is about, I've talked to the person who made the timeline and their source turned out to be fake, so disregard this.
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

Oh wow. I learned something new in fandom lore today. I always thought Louise's answer "putting spaces doesn't make it so" was connected with screencaps of Dan's customer services blog where he says his relationship with Phil is p l a t o n i c.
So it implied exactly the reverse of what I thought.

I noticed a couple of things. Basically all answers imply they are not together, or don't speak out at all [though those that state it's a private matter phrase it in a way that makes me think they don't believe they are together] The bigger their following got and the more important youtube became, the more cautious the answers also seem to get.
It's a good thing Dan and Phil clearly spoke out about it, multiple times ;) Though imo it's sad so many people just don't want to believe them.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly