Timestamp Thread

A place to compile and archive information for reference/analysis.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

DAPG - Google Feud timestamps
:06 - The way Phil says "Dan" and leans back there is so weird. That whole bit was jumpcut interestingly.
:30 - I have nothing to analyze in the macaroon bit. It was just adorable.
:54 - Phil putting his finger in front of Dan's mouth to shush him. Cute cute.
1:40 - So they're just referring to their livestreams on the side channel as "videos" now.
1:45 - Dan is such a little shit. He plugs something, Phil says he'll do one too, then Dan immediately begins mocking the idea of plugging stuff in the video. But this does make me think it's Phil that makes them wear the merch - and now I'm just imagining Phil harassing Dan until he puts a damn merch shirt on once in a while. (How many people are gonna lose their shit when they wear pastel merch to promo it, if shirts are involved?)
1:58 - "You mean vengance? Does that even make sense?" And Phil laughing as he valiantly defends his wording.
2:19 - The 'this guy look' followed by "For god's sake, this guy's such a need-" - it's like the natural version of what used to be a reactionary crutch.
2:45 - Phil calling Dan out for a wrong assumption.
3:09 - The whole youtube schtick.
3:15 - "Someone's gonna get a sweet macaroon in his mouth tonight." really, phil. tell us more.
5:02 - Phil has googled Michael Clifford.
5:08 - Phil agrees more people google Michael Phelps than Michael Moore.
5:25 - "Your penis."
6:12 - Jumpcut right before this so they obviously decided together that to address it.
6:33 - "How to raise... a penis. Type it." "I'm not typing penis!" "Penis. A penis. My penis." "You have the penis!" ""Your penis. "Stop saying penis!" "Penis. Penis penis."
6:54 - "Stop being mean, significant others." Gender neutral Phil ftw.
7:04 - "Blood pressure. That's basically the same thing." (As raising a penis.)
7:29 - Dan picking 'lawyer' as a career-focused answer.
7:35 - Dan's little shoulder dancing is so cute.
8:08 - Announcement moose abuse.
8:30 - "Is [duct tape] safe for..." "Kidnapping your senpai."
8:50 - Non-kink-related choking.
8:69 - "I think you should type in bondage, Phil." And then Phil... does. I pause in my casual acceptance of this to think of how people would have reacted a year ago to hear Phil talk about penis, bondage, and sex as valid potential responses in a game like this without reigning any kind of ignorance.
10:31 - "thicc" column, said at the same time. Stop with that ESP.
10:40 - But some of the old standard deflections are in place, like Phil making that ridiculous facial expression while Dan feeds him. (Honestly, it's hilarious; he can keep it, it works with the self-aware vibe.)
11:26 - Phil is too busy chewing, Dan effortlessly picks up with the endcard spiel.
11:37 - Dan getting in some biscuit-shaming right at the last moment.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Dan's liveshow - 7 February 2017
1:36 - "I'm not sad. Right now. Thank you very much."
1:45 - Dan went for a jog.
5:00 - The pic Phil took of Dan.
10:15 - "Sweaty rat." Pic of Phil jogging with someone.
11:50 - "Lady Gaga and I'm out." superbowl
12:10 - "Insert penis." reading from chat
12:35 - Does Phil help you film sketches? Goes into an explanation.
13:14 - "Phiiiil. Phiiiiiiiilllllllllll. Can you hold the camera for me?"
13:30 - "The sign of a good friendship."
14:00 - "Phil gets... reasonable amounts of anxiety." about neighbors and seeming weird
15:30 - Louise video.
16:06 - "For about thirty seconds, really got my hopes up."
16:41 - Nail painting video. dinof quality threshold.
19:23 - Dad story! Dad bought a PS1 when he was six, he watched his dad play it.
21:04 - Side rant about Japanese stuff with a Western sense of humor.
22:54 - Phil's birthday last week. "Smol bean deserves all the treats." Went out for meal Phil posted pic of, went up north with Martyn and Cornelia.
23:40 - Should be kill Phil? Too much birthday stuff. They're going to another dinner with friends tomorrow night.
25:50 - IoM story.
31:14 - They got Hamilton tickets.
32:55 - He would paint his nails again.
34:54 - He got Phil a lava lamp. Refers to Phil as family!! Also got Phil crystal coasters.
35:58 - Also gummy sushi, and also something "inappropriate" he'll let Phil share.
39:37 - Phil is the worst person at Quick Draw.
44:07 - Nearly projectile vomited on Ph-
47:32 - Family talk. One of his big problems as a child was he didn't talk to anyone.
54:47 - Self-inflicted pain kink.
56:40 - Watched Grave of the Fireflies while Phil was away, since he waits to watch things that would upset Phil or are political.
Vivastian
crusty sponge

Dan's Liveshow - 19 July 2016
0:00 - Sipping water
4:40 - He's had a terrible week, talks about pneumonia and medicine + 2010 dinof reference and his squirrel anus throat ("Don't know if I'd make that joke now...probably would").
7:25 - He was dying during the Pokemon Go video
8:00 - New dinof
-He really enjoys his water
11:20 - Talks about Pokemon Go as an app and how he wants more of an expanded game. Next after dinof.
-Still strong no on snapchat
13:15 - Bird poop incident ("literally scared the crap out of itself")
15:25 - He's been playing Pokemon a lot inside the house
16:10 - Goes to capture gym and winds up being forced to talk to shrub man, says he's not shaming anybody but the competitive community is mainly "older nerd males". Not ready to interact with people.
19:15 - Lipbalm, tingly lips
20:17 - He and Phil have each other's passcodes. ("'Cuz 'eehhHH pass me the thing' is a big part of life")
21:00 - Talks about jogging and leggings.
22:30 - Phil didn't appreciate his fedora
22:35 - Dan wears the fedora for some reason
24:30 - “Phan”
23:30 - Taylor vs. Kimye
31:25 - His doctor visit. The doctor tried to have a conversation with him that he didn't want to bother with.
35:00 - Matching jackets
36:20 - Nerdy Nummies
38:20 - Height difference
40:00 - "John snow, ammirite ladies?"
40:15 - "We'll give it the four episode test, which is what we do."
41:00 - The whisk is "not just a funny joke."
42:25 - In Boston he had "the best pizza."
44:40 - He's dying + hair push
45:25 - "In SAP you said you wouldn't wear leggings."
46:15 - ("You look lovely today") ("I'm going to punch you, stop it")
46:40 - YouTubers react
48:25 - The kids in the Pokemon Go video.
50:00 - ("You look great today") ("You need to stop bullying me")
50:20 - Pokemon Go again
51:10 - "I'm on team 'things aren't black and white'". Taking sides is a common problem with society.
55:00 - New Undertale soon
56:20 - He's like a little godzilla
GG wrote:*the site that shall not be named, ty
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Dan's liveshow - 17 January 2017
:42 - Dan clarifying that younow is who he will actually be interacting with. I'm so fascinated by how they're going about all of this multi-platform livestream integration. I wonder if younow stresses to them to try and drive people to the actual live feed or if that's just Dan wanting people watching it later on to understand that he's not live.
2:38 - New internet router. He starts talking about things that happened to disconnect the internet, and I immediately think of Dan accusing Phil is masturbating too enthusiastically and breaking it.
4:18 - "I said next to you for six hours, said Daisy. When? Oh - was that Harry Potter? Cool." Immediate recognition, neutral tone and swiftly moving on. How hyper aware of being by a fan was he? How much did that add to why Sunday was stressful to him?
5:27 - Starts talking about meme video. "And I only lost most of my sanity." Over one hundred thousand submissions. Beginning trend of how he talks about the meme submissions: "A rabbit hole of a kind to put your head down. I saw some shit in that inbox." I imagine this relates to what he says later about there being a line that he needs to stay on the right side of.
6:50 - Evan Peters jumper. Why would people be angry over him wearing it? Does he think people get angry with his crushes becoming memes? If so I think he has a skewed perception on that.
7:30 - We don't know if Pete Wentz unfollowed Dan because of the gaming tweet, but timing was right. "High percent chance that Phil did get me kinkshame unfollowed by one of my teen idols."
8:50 - Describes it as a "harrowing, emotional experience" - this sounds genuine. I think Dan in his meme video was reenacting genuine emotions, recreating what he genuinely felt when he saw it f. I don't know that I like that but I don't think his overacting is rooted in fabrication.
10:26 - "Slightly wanting death" as he looked at memes and laugh-wheezed. This is something he repeats throughout the liveshow, and I think in his mind the waiting for/wanting death is him laughing at a mindset that he's familiar with. I don't think it's 100% literal or 100% a joke. I think it is exactly what Dan says he does later in the liveshow, laughing at his own issues because that is healthy for him.
10:57 - "Not supposed to be interacting with you" in the youtube livechat.
11:33 - The last liveshow got 600k views. He seems to assume those people don't know liveshows exist and are mostly new viewers. My assumption would just be that those people would have rewatched it somewhere else later, and now go to his channel.
13:36 - Describing other people's reactions to the video. "Waiting for death" used as a signifier of someone's interpretation of his attitude, again not literal but also not completely dismissive.
14:28 - "Sometimes I forget that this sense of humor, this whole like, sarcastic all the time, self-deprecating, openly-laugh-at-all-of-your-mental-health-problems - which is a good thing that shows that we're all about being real with our problems, because some people say oh it can't be good for you, being all joking about yourself all the time, but I think it's the complete opposite. The people with these self-aware, self-deprecating sense of humors - just think about it, what does it say? If you can joke about your problems in a way that some people feel like 'am I allowed to laugh at this?' what this shows is that you're aware that you have issues, you acknowledge them, and you don't let them define you, and you're willing to talk about them and find them funny, and it's actually a very healthy attitude."
15:23 - "Therapy with Dan. Indeed."
16:32 - "My hair doesn't want to be straight. Insert jokes. So here I am. Wavy Dan is rising."
16:53 - "Just like you." His tiny grin here indicates he knows exactly what that person in the chat is responding to, but all Dan says next is "Thank you."
17:03 - "You're all saying in a way like, awww, don't be ashamed of your hideous flaw." Jesus, Dan. This - this is how Dan processes compliments. It's not just a compliment. He looks at it from all angles to figure out how valid the compliment is, how it can be interpreted as not really a compliment. I think his list of reasons why he shouldn't take a compliment to heart is probably extensive.
17:08 - "Not supposed to be looking." re: youtube chat, the promotes younow.
18:38 - dinof has returned, the next thing on his and Phil's agenda is gaming videos. Leads into promoting Phil's video. He makes a point to say they're true stories and the reenactments/storytelling aren't exaggerated.
18:36 - Third casual use of "I want death."
18:45 - Talking about photoshopping the selfie from Harry Potter, and celebrities photoshopping pictures.
20:05 - Proud of the thumbnail for the memes video.
20:55 - Describes the process of picking out memes as watching "an embarrassing slideshow of all the things that have happened."
21:22 - Dan is an introvert who needs to be alone to recharge. I appreciate him explaining introvert vs extrovert to anyone who might not quite get the concepts. Dan and Phil not going outside is a trope of their own making but when Dan speaks seriously about not leaving the house there's often a sense of pity or disbelief from people instead of awareness that it's just their (Dan, especially) version of recharging.
21:55 - "Don't live in a black and white universe. You can be all over the place."
22:50 - He did a quiz that said he's an INFJ, and seems to be trying to make a point that the kind of person who would take the quiz to begin with is usually that personality type.
23:45 - La La Land talk.
24:48 - Whiplash is one of his favorite movies.
25:37 - "My earrings! They're gone."
26:25 - Actually crying in the video? It was the triangle of tiredness, happiness, sad. "That g-spot of emotion, that's what I hit at the end of that video."
26:41 - Loved La La Land, but not as much as Moulin Rouge or Book of Mormon.
27:20 - He cried at the end of La La Land.
28:00 - Disneyland story, about his mum getting him out of school for a week in January and Disneyland Paris being completely empty. "I had like, the best time ever." His parental mentions have been positive two weeks in a row, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.
29:48 - He got an unconditional for Manchester because he got a really great personal statement. I enjoy when he relates something positive back to university, as opposed to when he talks about leaving it.
31:30 - Lego box story. "LEGO sent me and Phil each - even though we live at the same address - some LEGO Batman merch." Dan's disdain for getting LEGO merch is interesting, considering he spent four hours putting together iron bead art a couple weeks ago.
34:30 - Sherlock talk
35:00 - "[reading from chat]'Johnlock, ffs.' Really, really? Okay, lets not go there."
36:15 - Dan giving his stance on why he can't really go into detail on controversial topics: "What are other topics that are risky? Ooh, politics. You know, you can give top level things, but I can't really go into depth. Dan, do you agree with this politician? I go yes or no. Well, the world's not as simple as that. Maybe you disagree with some policies, maybe you agree with some ways that they conduct themselves, maybe you think that Obama is a good person, you think that he's a good politician [but] disagree with some other things, but if you just go like - if someone was go to 'I like Hillary' 'I like Trump' then it's like [blargh noise at the screen]. Know what I mean?"
37:50 - "Is your first video a sensitive topic? I am a sensitive topic, because apparently it'll make me cry."
38:10 - Answers a question by someone who doesn't care about politics by explaining that they should appreciate life until they start, because they'll be in a state of perpetual screaming. Accurate.
39:06 - Says Black Butler is okay.
39:23 - Cursed Child conversation begins.
42:03 - Dan finds stories about time travel annoying because it's pointless. I agree, but I also like this insight into what he likes in a story - progression, narrative, maybe more than characters. Phil seems to be the opposite, he's expressed how he likes relationships in shows more than action.
42:31 - "That's legit your stage show." That he laughs at this made it such a cute moment.
43:37 - "'Dan you're so boring.' Well, stop watching." Honing in on the negative amidst overwhelming praise. #justdanthings
43:40 - Black Mirror reference.
43:48 - Mentions side channel video he was going to make, but Alfie did it first. Why was Dan going to do an unboxing on his side channel? Is this indicative that he's actually trying to use it, maybe for more than just a home for liveshows?
44:40 - He will be surprised if the world is still functional in fifty years. I wonder how Phil, with his aversion to talking about death and attachment to the people he love not aging, feels about Dan holding opinions like that?
45:18 - Dan eager to point out how his mindset has changed from 18 to 25. "In 2017, you kind of stop being a dick."
47:45 - "Many colors really suit me, but that's on the outside. On the inside, the only color that suits me is black."
49:00 - "Do you ship scorbius?" "Yeah. I do. And all of you that think you ship scorbius and then haven't seen the stage show, your life is tragic. I saw the hug irl. Joking. But no, seriously. [mumbles] Good actors." A good old fashioned joe-king, aww. Wants to acknowledge liking something homoerotic, maybe doesn't want it to be forever attached to his brand and inescapable to the point that he no longer even likes it because it's become more associated with his fandom in his mind than the thing it started out as being.
49:50 - Mentions the Google Pixel, jokes about spon, but is still using the iphone 7.
50:20 - Piano.
50:35 - Gets a compliment about the piano and is extremely dismissive. 'You're so good!' said Andrews. Oh my god, were those eleven notes that I played, some of which were wrong 'cause I forgot already, amazing? I am so amazing at piano. Can you believe how amazing I am? Honestly. Other people that play the piano should be really jealous of my ability to just pummel out those seven notes."
51:36 - Gets someone pointing out he got the notes wrong and responds equally dismissively/defensively to the critique as he did the compliment. "Melina, I was stood up, and I literally started learning it about half an hour ago. Am I amazing, or am I a dork? Welcome to the internet, people. Do you think you could survive this maelstrom? Imagine yourself, a dog - a peaceful person - a chill, swaggy human of the earth - at one with nature, but also an intellectual - purveyor of fine memes - decide hey, I'm just gonna learn this thing on the piano, why not? You're learning it. And then imagine, all of a sudden - thousands of opinions attack you. People are saying you're amazing! Then somebody else says, you're shit! How do you deal with that? How do I deal with that? And the answer is simple: I'm simply dead inside, and expect nothing. Not recommending that to you, but it really works for me. Just, the less attached you are to the physical universe, the less serious you take anything.But it requires many months of meditating face down on a carpet to really appreciate this perspective and reach that level of despondent enlightenment." I wonder if Dan is taking the opportunity to say some of these things because he does actually think it's a new audience, a chance for him to present himself to a group of people who don't normally watch the liveshows, and how much the chance to forge a new impression of himself outside of dinof appeals to him.
52:55 - "I'll keep the peace sign sometimes. But I should try to just do like, other faces." After what he said in the meme video about the peace signs being a coping mechanism, I love what this statement stands for. He's not under any illusion that he'll stop relying on convenient and familiar poses during settings where he's feeling anxious, but he wants to try to brand out a little.
53:18 - Yuri is his favorite YOI character. I hope someone who is more into YOI than me comes back and comments on what this could mean, and why Dan might identify with or like Yuri best.
54:15 - "I'm in my twenties and puberty just hasn't finished for me." Because he can't grow a beard, thinks he'll be thirty before he can. "Basically, me and puberty was like - congratulations, you're 6'3"... the rest will come."
55:06 - Anime opinions.
55:25 - Someone says they relate to his last video, and he asks what they relate to them goes on a tangent about how the people laughing at when he does something wrong comes hand in hand with lots of people who love and respect him. He describes it in a cyclic way, like realizing that his job is to make people smile makes him smile, but doesn't negate the negative feelings that come along with it either.
56:30 - "I don't want to know. The less I know the better, to be honest. Much like the meme video, there's a certain amount I should be aware of and just - not. So lets make sure we always keep on the right side of that thing." I genuinely believe that there are pockets of fandom that Dan and Phil both strive to avoid. I don't think his desire to keep tapped in relates to scrounging around in the dark corners of intense relationship speculation, or probably even sexuality speculation.
57:00 - Probably going to Vidcon LA. Not sure about Europe, because he and Phil just did Europe.
57:22 - Talks about Phil and Pokemon.
59:35 - Dan admits he is Slytherin, and Albus is now his favorite character so he doesn't feel bad about being Slytherin.
1:00:16 - Terrarium. He spent "nearly an hour" arranging moss, so it looked like a tiny garden inside the glass sphere. When hanging it, the moment he let go, the rope snapped.
1:02:17 - "And the thing was, Phil was like - Dan, you had a very intense week making the meme video, and then Harry Potter was really, really long, and then you watched the Sherlock episode, so Sunday wasn't the most relaxing. So you should enjoy this Monday, and I was like - well, I've got this terrarium, I'm just going to be calm and I'm going to make this little terrarium and it's going to be really relaxing. And I was like, la la la... I was listening to the La La Land soundtrack. Hung up this terrarium, and fucking - [shattering noise]. And I was like, I bought that. Cost like thirty quid. Spent an hour making it. Really excited. Every time I was going to look over to it, I was going to think - I made that with my bare hands, isn't that nice? It's just very aesthetically pleasing. Phil walked in and just saw me stood in silence - like, it was really the last thing that I was clinging to in life, was this terrarium. And then it was just metaphorically in a million pieces in the floor. Then Phil walked in and I was just staring at it and we looked at each other and laughed for like, an hour. Again, much like the end of my top Dan memes of 2016 video, it was one of those laughs like - this is so funny and yet I am waiting for death, physically, the man or genderless entity that is the spectre of death, to come if he wants to come collect me I'm open to it. I'm sat here. I built a Batman lego watch. I am badly learning to play a song from a musical on piano. If death wants to come and say, you wanna go? Then we can just go. Hashtag just dan things." This says so much about the calming/grounding role Phil has potential to play for Dan, and how much he lives up to that potential. He understood where Dan's stress levels were at, suggested Dan take the day off (possibly altering a schedule they'd already discussed?) and then when the terrarium broke, diffused what could have been a very frustrating/upsetting moment for Dan by laughing about it with him.
1:04:20 - The gas is fixed. The person drilling might have stopped.
1:04:50 - Someone comments on Dan being more energetic in liveshows, he explains that it's because this is on youtube. He's used to liveshows being more chill, but since he's aware it's going on youtube he has youtube-appropriate energy. It's interesting that Dan seems to have a definite concept in his head of what his liveshow audience is, and a different idea of what an audience watching on youtube is. He feels relaxed by younow, but judged by youtube. "I'm sure over time I'll chill more."
1:06:10 - New years resolution is to fix his tumblr layout, branding overhaul - he specifies youtube banner and facebook picture as far as "branding" which reminds me of him clarifying to someone on twitter once that by branding he meant aesthetics not content.
1:06:28 - Doesn't want to change his facebook because it'll be something people will comment on. Someone else pointed out that facebook might stand out to him in this regard because you can't subtly change a facebook picture, and people can literally comment on it, unlike twitter.
1:06:49 - Starts fidgeting with his watch and stops looking directly at the camera in advance of what he says next. Considering he's five minutes over, I feel like he had the low level of anxiety that comes with knowing he had a point he wanted to make and having procrastinated it as long as he could.
1:06:51 - "2016 was a crazy year for me and Phil, and we want 2017 to be a lot more chill, a lot more youtube focused. So now that I've done my first youtube video, Phil's done his, we're gonna do some gaming videos on Dan and Phil games. And then we're gonna just... do some life things." Some very weighted 'we' in that statement right there. He pairs doing his first video with Phil's first video, eradicating any lingering doubts that they don't conceptualize and film as a unit even for individual channels, and then continues on with the plural reference to doing 'life things.'
1:07:31 - "'Get some storage,' said Stevie." He immediately smiles, the same beaming-smile he has had in the past when people ask about storage. I don't doubt he knows what the word is code for at this point, and he's certainly not discouraging the idea. "Yes, get some storage, that literally is on the agenda." Looks down and laughs, still fidgeting with the watch. "Find out if there's a better way to live and have loads of crap at the same time."
1:07:32 - Starts talking about earrings. Resumes addressing the camera directly, stops fidgeting with the watch. His entire posture and how he's sitting changes completely as soon as he's done with the 'we' statement and he calms noticeably.
1:09:48 - Can't muster it with building a new terrarium.
1:10:06 - Reiterates what the liveshows are supposed to be, and how they differ from videos. I still get the impression he is viewing this as an opportunity to talk to people who don't know him without making a thing of it.
1:10:30 - Calm Dan liveshow ending, reassures audience that it's okay to laugh at him, wishes people luck, tries to give generic good advice.
dontpanic
#relatable

Dil gets a Freeze-Ray: Sims #35
11 Feb. 2017
Oh my god this was so CUTE. I’m not a fan of the sims series but this one was really fun. And DAN’S HAIR YES PLEASE A LITTLE BIT LONGER AND I WILL BE IN HEAVEN I’M ALREADY IN HEAVEN BUT I’LL BE HIGHER IN HEAVEN THAN NORMAL sorry

A ridiculous amount of notes I’m thrusting into this world:
1:03—Example of how D&P have different yet complementary personalities, Phil wants to save the decorations for next year and dan wants to sell them. They’re a family who will keep their things for future use but at the same time not be afraid to just get rid of their old stuff (although I think phil must win all their disagreements because their storage problem seems quite drastic )
1:58—Phil: “Investigate me with your science.” Phil needs to hone his role-play skills :gg:
3:13—Hydration reminder #1. Okay but honestly where did this public service announcement come from, what weird inside joke is this??
3:15—don’t know why phil’s wink’s accompanied by a duck sound but I’m not about to question it
4:09—I’m offended by phil’s accent here
4:37—Track #1 on Deppy’s new mixtape
5:11—Phil gets hangry…I love learning these little things about them.
5:18—Second (?) video with a Marina Joyce mention. I kinda like that they kept this in I mean I don’t know this whole backstory so it’s probably an insensitive thing to joke about but honestly them not worrying about being a little bit uncontroversial is nice(? is that the word?)
6:07—Dan relates to pastel escapism interesting, does that mean your going to wear your ugly yet beautiful Hawaiian flower t-shirt more? Please?
6:18—It was at this moment they knew…they fuked up. :lol: Phil thinks Geoffrey's crushin' on Dil
7:13—Phil's sitting so close to Dan and I honestly can’t deal with this
7:58—I'm laughing at poop jokes now I swear I’m an adult
8:06—Phil has to press a button to poop, robot!Phil confirmed
8:30—I can’t keep up with their singing plz just release a mixtape get it over with ffs
8:51—there's just so much about this scene...why's dan rolling his eyes right after the jump cut? Why is dan’s confused expression so wonderful when phil's telling his wee-ing story? why am I so proud of them for being confident enough to tell childhood "wee-ing the bed" stories?
9:24—okay confession...I LOVE musicals yet I didn’t think La La Land was that good but honestly if they swap Emma Stone for Dan I would reconsider my opinions (doubly so if they dumped Wonderbread Gosling, :sideeye: )
9:50—Dan kinkshaming Tabs for going on a date with the Llamacorn, dude don’t go against your branding ;)
12:11—Dan interrupts the regularly scheduled program to go on a tangent about Lady Gaga (there’s a jump-cut & I like to think he kept ranting about plenty-of-fish product placement)
12:18—Phil pregnancy mention
12:58—Deppy creates a Deppy drinking game for us (brah, already got that covered). Also ever since pinof8 hydration has become a thing why is it a thing?
12:27—Phil: "TATINOF2: Robot Invasion." Phil revealed his #NewCreativeProject!!
15:49—Dan’s suddenly the one naming things susan and Phil’s saying no

16:40—Sometimes I forget they’re best friends but then they do something like this
17:00—Dan, you can’t just freeze-ray your friends wtf
18:37—another track on the mixtape I lost count. Discovered a good drinking game tho, drink every time one of them sings something not complaining tho this is what I subscribe for (yea I know, I say that about everything they do w/eva')
19:33—try to shift the blame to the microwave pastry for the horrid work performance :tsk: :lol:
20:48—I never laugh during their sims videos, but when the toy turned into a toilet I literally laughed out loud, weird things like this make these videos good
21:12—Dan's genuinely offended by Phil’s horrid interior design skills, is this how they’ll be when decorating their new home b/c I need to see that. Can they do a reality show a la Kevin Jonas?
21:28—Dan buys a nicer toilet b/c he feels a bit bad for crushing Phil’s hopes and dreams
21:37—The way dan says “décor” is spicy ;)
23:27—I can play this clip for my intro econ students whenever they ask why we can’t just print more money although I prob shouldn’t since they’d ask me who is this british socialist, and I can’t very well say “a guy I spend hours writing fanfiction about and the reason why your midterms were graded so late.”
Plus Daniel you mixed it up, creating money the way you guys are wouldn’t deflate the value of currency it would cause inflation or maybe hyperinflation b/c of your creative apocalyptic imagery although like how much stuff do you plan on transforming??? Giving you a B- on your oral examination, ur homework's to go check out Zimbabwe’s economy post 2000 great case study Also why am I talking like he’s actually going to be reading this ffs I need sleep

23:40—I like how Dan’s overthinking the social and economic impact of transforming things while Phil’s just like “I HATE THAT OUTDOOR LAMP” has the lamp been stewing in the back of his mind the whole time since last episode they haven’t even talked about it here
24:00—Phil: “this represents all of our feelings and future passions.” And then it just ends up being a metal table I f-ing DIED laughing like phil’s little “oh” ffs
24:38—Phil: “Transform it again! Last one.” He’s SO like my S/O when we watch Netflix, I bet they’re watching shows together and phil’s always like “one more episode” even though it’s 2am
24:40—If this is what Phil does when he gets power I’m completely underwhelmed
24:58—Phil’s excitement over the Cock’s Crow Table Accent
25:12—Another example of their duel personalities w/potential to balance each other out: this discussion about fate without even using the word fate
26:00—Second episode where Phil love-punches Dan Phil: “I am god.” Yes Philly, yes you are

Danisnotfrozen and amazingphreeze (96.4% sure dan wrote this, amazingphreeze is lowercase)
MJ’s Rating: :clapping:

Thank you dan for not excessively screaming I have a migraine and couldn’t deal if you did. Also at the beginning Dan kept calling Dab “it,” like dude come on Dab’s your child smh. I felt pulled more towards Dan this episode, but Philly stole my heart near the end

I noticed they stopped doing the “stare at the screen to the side to make sure they look good” they did during gamingmas, happy about that. Also I think the size of their reaction cam box went down, I tried comparing it to the last sims video and today looked smaller but not 100% sure.
And did you notice at the beginning Phil (and dan) kept calling the desktop Dan’s and not “ours?” I love it, like literally the only thing they don’t share is the desktop…the DVDs, TV, gaming consoles, mugs, furniture, flat, etc. all “ours,” but when it comes to the desktop it’s Dan’s territory why do I find this funny idk. Although maybe that’s y Dan’s usually controlling the mouse and stuff? We’ve seen phil’s not really familiar with the computer it must be more convenient and efficient for Dan just to do it (and more sensitive on the eyes, phil’s jerky camera control leaves room for improvement). Phil also uses macs and I think that particular Desktop is a pc…does anyone know if he edits videos on his laptop or this desktop or if they have a second one? Why am I overanalyizing Phil’s preferred computer usage??? Yes I’m procrastinating work what’s it to ya ?????????????????

I always wait until after watching their video before reading your guys' comments I'm so excited to read through the thread now :platonic:
dannonfill
spork
Pronouns: they/them

Dan and Phil PASTEL EDITS IN REAL LIFE!
0:37 - the closeness, the way Phil doesn’t back away; top notch. (also Dan’s priss face afterwards :D )
1:00 - Phil’s calm natural face, aw
1:10 - cherry blossom tree
2:08 - Phil actually plays with Dan’s curly hair. “Look at this little curl!”
4:05 - no comment.
4:19 - Phil’s torso, thank you
4:40 - wow, man bulge on AmazingPhil, what a world we live in
5:18 - “do I get to embrace Cole Sprouse?” “no.” “then what’s the point?” male attraction on a main channel :clapping:
5:49 - “You fuckin’ strap me up.”
6:00 - Dan looks like a builder at a cloud factory, I found this so cute because for whatever reason I really dig that vibe
6:29 - there it is, Phil literally taking his trousers off while Dan watches in the viewfinder. I welcome this era.
6:36 - giggly Phil butt in the mirror (mirror butt come full circle?)
7:04 - he’s doing it sarcastically, but Dan really looks cute here
7:20 - everything about this: "girthy flowers", hand over the mouth, the way Phil says "large."
7:38 - "I’m obsessed with your curl Dan!” don’t mind me
9:14 - there is no integrity on Phil’s channel aw
9:18 - Dan, please get over your obsession with what “”filmmakers”” may think of you
10:01 - Phil’s meaty bicep
10:23 - “it compliments your eyes! [vomits]”
10:41 - full on neck touching
11:24 - Dan suggests a penis tattoo, he’s been keen on that word lately
11:52 - those squeaks Phil
11:57 - close-up chest hair
12:35 - unintentional SITC shade?
13:56 - lil pat on the head
14:00 - I could get on the silver haired Dan train, honestly
14:19 -
thank you to moony, I couldn’t put my finger on what that wig reminded me of :lol:
15:03 - danieldreamx.tumblr.com
15:30 - "curly!Dan is here to stay” I shed a tear
16:17 - again with the ‘stay hydrated’ message. I approve, water is important
... let's talk about house plants.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Dan's liveshow timestamps - 14 February 2017
1:07 - "Question of the day, most important thing, obviously - is who has seen the new AmazingPhil video?"
1:20 - Calls it quality content, true art. Understands it is either a blessing or the stupidest thing ever.
1:42 - No one else has done pastel edit before. He actually searches.
2:03 - "Can you believe Phil Lester invented pastel colors?"
2:20 - What the hell are you wearing? "I am wearing what Phil refers to as my parachute sweater."
3:12 - He thinks the idea of videos making alternate versions of yourself is "really stupid."
3:40 - He thought the punk video was cultural appropriation. Really? That's the social justice issue that sticks? Punk appropriation?
4:23 - If he were to get tattoos, there's nothing wrong with the flower ones. Lotus flower and cherry blossom, he can get behind that.
4:46 (Chat: Dan, are you streaming on Valentine's Day for all the losers that have no relationships?") "Wow, thanks Logan in the chat, for saying that. Absolutely savage. I'm here because it's a Tuesday, and it happens to fall on Valentine's Day."
6:39 - The temporary tattoos were physically upsetting him by yesterday evening, tried to scratch them away. Doesn't like the idea of anything on him forever. "Don't feel like I'm the kind of person that has enough commitment to anything to be able to get something permanently inked onto me. But maybe, who knows, one day I'll just have an experience that's so important to me and amazing that suddenly that'll happen." Aw, Dan's gonna get the date they adopt a dog tattood onto him.
7:15 - Someone asks how his day has been. He says, slow and immediately starts talking about yesterday being intense. They don't normally film and edit in the same day.
7:44 - Dan edits AP videos, confirmed. (Did we even need that confirmed? They edit it all together.)
7:53 - His curl is not named Babe the Pig. ("Thanks, Phil, for that one.")
8:04 - Stopped straightening his hair because he thinks the lens they use to film makes his hair and face look flat and round, and he wants to look more 3D.
9:10 - "Everyone would unsubscribe if I put it on danisnotonfire. But we made it, some people enjoyed it, made you smile, good." His complex about what he can and can't do on dinof continues undeterred. Though I kind of get it, if he let himself just film and post anything for that channel then he would have less of an excuse for procrastinating the vide making but chances are still wouldn't feel less judged, deep down.
9:40 - He only got one university acceptance. "From Manchester and it was unconditional so like, yep, who cares about exams, not Danny!"
9:54 - They watched The Walking Dead.
11:20 - Make A Wish charity storytime.
12:18 - "Me and Phil do quite a few a year."
14:07 - Story about talking to the woman who does Make A Wish and how they get more youtuber requests than anything else now, most make a wish people spend a lot of time in hospital/on the internet, and spend time watching youtubers. It's hearwarming and nice. Markiplier mention.
15:36 - Got one set of Hamilton tickets and is working on getting another pair, presuming he'll want to see it more than once.
16:00 - "You can do things and not tell people sometimes. You don't need to tell everyone like, look at me." re: doing charity stuff and not telling people.
16:20 - Puts the flower crown on.
16:31 - "All the edgy straight guys that watch me for the memes are like, I'm out."
17:42 - Puts wig on. Three minutes of people telling him who he looks like.
20:17 - Does he look like a fuckboy in the thumbnail of his last liveshow? Claims he was trying to look like an ugly rat.
22:15 - Dan is threatening George's masculinity.
22:37 - Phil bought a 100 pack of cotton wool pads and baby oil. Dan begins to remove lotus blossom tattoo, stops when people in chat protest it a lot.
23:29 - "Do I ever feel objectified? Maybe I want to get them off because they're hurting my hand. Maybe I'm not just a ken doll for you to objectify and ship and wish I lived the life you wanted. No, no, I'm Dan- 'Get rid of it, it makes you look gay.'" And then he just breaks off his rant to laugh and then launch into another rant that somehow seems to calm him from whatever he'd been working up to with that last bit.
24:04 - Long rant about how things can't look like a sexuality, there are correlations between behaviors and stereotypes but it's bad when things feed into heteronormativism and harmful to people living in a patriarchy. I'll wait and let someone else type the full quote out but this is the Dan I'm here for. He stresses me out, but it's real, I'm down with it.
26:00 - Gender roles make no sense.
27:24 - "Phil is just this pioneer of art and creativity." "Maybe you should all take a moment to appreciate the originality of Phil Lester pioneering the pastel edits." He sounds sarcastic, and I do believe part of him is sarcastic, but I also believe he'd genuinely be proud as fuck if this did catch on.
27:54 - Firebox.
28:32 - "There's a couple conventions we don't know about because we have some plans for this year." Can't commit to Vidcon Europe or SITC bc they don't know what they'll be doing then.
28:54 - "Me and Phil just really want to go back to Australia, and stop somewhere along the way."
29:30 - "I don't know how pricey [Australian convention meet and greet tickets] are." Yes you do, you can't even make eye contact with the camera right now.
29:45 - "I promise if we ever find out that we could go to Vidcon Europe or SITC, we'd tell you first." No, honestly, you wouldn't, you're always literally the last to say it, tickets go on sale and completely sell out before you ever mention it, you are a liar.
30:50 - Talks about being too negative to protect himself, differences in American and British humor, how youtubers are perceived as a legitimate career. There's a lot to unpack but that goes for this whole liveshow so I'll come back to this later.
31:58 - Steven Universe.
32:50 - Porn tweet. "But it's true."
33:03 - Has no idea what their neighbors think. (I hear 'a bed' not 'our bed.')
33:40 - Hasn't seen Curious Incident of the Dog at Midnight, wants to. Looking forward to Hamilton.
33:50 - Going to see Book of Mormon again, fourth or fifth time.
35:25 - Myspace friends ranking drama. Too real. (I would say, if myspace using university aged me were someone who had friends.)
36:37 - "Well, I don't know, Erin" the fu----- did he misspeak then self-correct? I'm gonna assume that's what he did. Even if it's just because his mental association with high school = Erin.
36:45 - Grammy and BAFTA talk. I checked out for this part.
41:01 - Chat says Dan should go in public with his tattoo, Dan's response is: "Phil did the other day, he went to the dentist with his big flower." Wait, so they didn't film it yesterday?
41:37 - tv talk, Riverdale. He sold me on it.
45:00 - Tease for next video, something ongoing in his professional life. (Dan Is Not On Fire? Wanting to change to Dan Howell?)
45:28 - Went for trashy all caps in piano teacher video, thinking of changing it.
45:50 - He was planning on wearing the pink sweater but he spilled chili on it last night. So, ok, maybe they did film it yesterday. They shot it, Phil went to the dentist, Dan edited?
46:11 - "Me and Phil don't have that much time to watch things. We should watch more." (re: Rick and Morty)
46:36 - His family got him a picture of a mug with a dog on it. Shade about money/that being all he got. Really, Dan? A) You're a damn millionaire, enjoy presents that are sentimental and not just high monetary value. B) You already said your family got you the Book of Mormon behind the scenes book, that's not literally the only thing they got you.
47:06 - Saying you don't need material possessions works better when you haven't just shaded them for not spending enough money on you.
48:18 - The Santa Clarita Diet. "Phil started watching it and I was like, what is this rubbish show you're watching." Addictive and heartwarming. (Is this how Phil makes Dan watch shows Dan wouldn't normally? Just turns them on confident in the knowledge that Dan would rather sit through anything than leave the room while Phil is in it?)
49:45 - "Not every show has to try and be Game of Thrones or The Wire. Some of them can just be funny comedy series [...] and it's just so funny, and that's all it has to be and it's just good." Dan, go stand in front of your mirror and recite that out loud except replace "show" with "youtube video", and "Game of Thrones or The Wire" with "quality content." Repeat until it sinks in.
51:00 - No Monopoly on DAPG.
51:49 - He likes mac and cheese, but has only had it once. It's not a British thing, and his "My mum doesn't like cheese or creamy things so she would never eat it or buy it."
52:41 - "And then Phil doesn't like cheese." Wow, Dan has lived a cheese deprived life.
53:36 - Dan likes cats.
54:01 - Cynical, doesn't believe anything not proven by hard science. Yes, Dan. Same, Dan.
54:29 - Tattoos of them give them a mild crisis. He says "Makes me have- makes us have."
54:53 - Manged shoutout! Best part of the liveshow, hands down. He loved that art so much, I'm so alive.
56:47 - Chat says: Your shows are less chill these days. "Are they? I don't think so. Depends on what you want to talk about."
57:37 - Phil's Angel bday present. "Holy frick. Oh my god. Jesus Christ. I have to get this." "So for Phil's bday I gave him a signed nude of David Boreanaz. Oh yeah." He doesn't know where Phil put it.
1:00:36 - Pastel edits is trending, he's not going to check that comments section. "Gonna be lots of Georges and [other name] not liking the pastel vibes. That's okay, you know - anyone that feelst he need to hate on another person is really a victim of the patriarchy that feels like if any aspect of their masculinity or their idea of what male roles is is being threatened, that that's a bad thing, so in a way we should feel sympathetic for them and hope that one day they view themselves from a part away from themselves and say that hey maybe I'm not afraid to wear a flower crown and whether I like it or not I just embrace the softness."
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Pastel Edits In Real Life timestamps
:07 - Phil stealing Dan's "we're all dying" line.
:15 - I want to see bloopers from the punk video with the blue goop now.
:38 - What is the lean in thing Dan does? Is that for the purpose of editing, for face zooms? Or does he genuinely just routinely lean his upper body almost right in front of Phil's for no real reason?
1:07 - Phil looking at Dan with a mixture of fondness and 'I'm waiting for you to shut up so I can talk.'
1:22 - Phil bites.
1:46 - "So you feel the need to cover up..." I'm here for Dan analyzing Phil. I like it, Dan, I want you to do it more.
2:04 - Sassy Phil with the "sadness."
2:07 - Curl fondling #1. Dan doesn't consent, but then there's a jump cut.
2:30 - Dan finds the altered picture of university Phil a "cool and confident alter ego" - remind you of the one you fell for way back when, Dan?
2:45 - irl Dan is the evil twin, pastel edit Dan is the good twin.
3:05 - Phil, kittens are not for eating. Bad!
3:38 - "Very AmazingPhil room."
3:41 - "Borrowed some sheets from a friend."
3:54 - The blobfish that Dan gave Phil represents Dan on the inside. .
4:03 - Bedsheets have folds in them, as pointed out by fancybum. Suggests he might have bought them too, not actually borrowed them.
4:20 - Phil leaning back to enjoy the softness of the bedsheets. Not filming a porn, right? Not porn.
4:29 - Phil watches his bedsheets inbetween videos.
4:33 - Jumpcut, and Dan is facepalming when it comes back. Please I want the bloops, I want to know why he's facepalming.
4:36 - Phil searched "male pastel" with quotation marks. This video already has more male bulge than I expected.
4:42 - "It is not that kind of video." The Philip doth protest too much.
4:45 - "We are not gonna be getting into our pants." Yes you are.
4:46 - D: "Maybe more men want to embrace the pastel-" P: "But secretly beneath the jeans!" Phil got so excited about that, slapping his own leg.
5:18 - Dan wants to embrace Cole Sprouse, Phil delivers a hard no. Jealous Phil au, anyone? Anyone? No? Just me? Okay. Immediate jump cut after.
5:34 - "Don't look at my flap." Phil's laughing face.
5:39 - "Wow, Dan, you look so soft." What! Is Phil's! Voice! I like it. I can't figure out what tone that is, but I like it.
5:49 - Phil editing in closeups of Dan's crotch. I'm here for it. I'm not sure what it even is, but I'm here for it.
5:32 - "Wow, Phil strapping me up on camera." And that self-awareness about what fans want rears it's head.
6:16 - Dan describes the look Phil will be going for as, "Liquid gradient."
6:30 - How many years has it been since Phil stripped on camera for those sweet views? Too many. Be true to your nature, Phil. Also: Dan with the porn music, and that Office-like stare into the camera as Phil scoots out of frame, sort of.
6:35 - "Oh, you can see me in the mirror." That laugh of Dan's. He's so damn cute in that sweater and those overalls. I want to aggressively pinch his cheeks and maybe punch him. I don't know, I react weirdly to that kind of cuteness.
6:37 - Why did Phil leave this in? Why the zoom? What is that look on Dan's face? I have so many questions.
6:53 - Despite having been obviously staring at Phil in the computer screen he has to turn around to check out dat ass in the blue pants.
6:57 - If a strangely in character au where Phil is in a European pop band shows up, I'm looking at you, Dan.
7:01 - Soft knees.
7:03 - Phil says, "I'm never gonna get out of these jeans." and we don't see Dan's reaction because of a goddamn instant jump cut.
7:18 - "Aw, shit, man. Phil is spending money on this." lmao Dan.
7:25 - Dan's hand over Phil's mouth when Phil threatens the th-word.
7:33 - "That's Jurassic Park, Phil."
7:31 - Curl fondling #1. Phil is obsessed.
7:50 - "Danny."
8:20 - D: "Violate my nipples." P: "I am an expert." yes, I mean, there were other words said in that sentence, but that's all I heard. Context who what idk. (Clarification before anyone gets too excited: "So you don't violate my nipples." "I am an expert at sponge control.")
8:24 - Dan would like to formally file a compliment toward Phil's cutting out skills.
8:30 - Mother(bork)er, I want that unicorn mug. Someone buy me that unicorn mug.
8:41 - D: "That's such a cute wholesome mug. I need to protect it." Dan with those paternal instincts.
8:58 - Delicate hand holding as Phil sponge bathes Dan's wrist.
9:03 - Mutual blowing.
9:16 - Dan has another moment of glaring insecurity born self-awareness by saying, "I try to have some integrity." But Phil seems to try and head that off before it even gets off the ground by interrupting him to say, "It's okay, you're on my channel. There's no integrity here."
9:19 - Same thing happens again, Dan is self-deprecating and Phil interrupts with levity. D: "What do all the filmmakers think of this?" P: "This is art, Dan. This is a visual piece of art." As he's staring at Dan with that genuine open mouthed smile.
9:40 - "What are you talking about!" Phil's voice is so frequently his normal Phil voice that it's jarring.
9:48 - Phil sings "On my arm!" and Dan thinks he was going to ass. So Dan... mimes... slapping Phil's ass?!?! ?! ?!?!?! ?! I'm a puppy tilting its head in confusion as it tries very hard to understand what it's owner is trying to convey.
10:02 - "Look at that meaty bicep, Phil."
10:08 - Dan wants to name it Soft Susan, Phil suggests Spike. They go with Spike, because Phil is... important.
10:22 - Dan tells Phil, "It kind of suits you. It compliments your eyes." Then pretends to throw up, which is about my reaction too, Dan. Phil looks genuinely delighted.
10:36 - Dan hyping Phil up to place the tattoo, then screaming. I thought he was going to pretend the screaming is bc Phil was touching his neck and he doesn't like people to touch his neck but no it was just because of the water dribbling. Phil continues to look delighted.
10:52 - Dan has never felt this wet. "It was supposed to be innocent, and it's gone so wrong."
11:09 - "I could just be somebody that reads illustrations of gardening books in a library sipping a green tea." Dan, you can't bring tea into a library, come on. (Can you? I don't know England. Maybe libraries are loose with the liquid policies there.)
11:23 - "I need one where the dentist isn't going to see."
11:25 - "Penis."
11:26 - "I dont' want it like, on my face."
11:26 - "Penis."
11:27 - I'm not - no. No."
11:27 - "Penis tattoo."
11:28 - Classic Dan priss face.
11:30 - Phil pulls his shirt down enough to expose the chest hair, then jump cut and when it comes back he has the tattoo cut out and pressed against his skin.
11:32 - Another jump cut and he has the shirt folded to use as a towel.
11:40 - Their Spike voices genuinely made me laugh.
11:50 - Phil laughing and screaming at the same time.
12:01 - "It's so soft and pure." re: Phil's chest tattoo.
12:09 - "What the fluff is that!" "It's your mystical glowing unicorn." I like to think Phil really did just buy that for Dan.
12:25 - Phil could have murdered Dan. It would have been worth it.
12:31 - "Do you want to come sit in a field with pastel Dan and Phil? Probably a much nicer experience than being awkward in a field with real Dan and Phil." No honestly I can skip the field experience, just buy some something really good to eat and let me use your wifi and bug your flat.
13:16 - Dan posing with his neck stretched out to show off that tattoo.
13:36 - Phil with the cotton candy pink wig for Dan. He is a brutal judge, makes him try it on then yanks it off.
13:55 - "You look like 2013 Dan was struck by lightning."
13:57 - "I feel like a FF character." Phil's 'yeah' is too casual, clearly trying not to let on that this was his plan all along, kinky FF roleplay. I bet he made Dan wear the wig when they had sex later.
14:17 - Oh. No. No, no. Don't like the wig on Phil. No. make it go away.
14:37 - Okay now I see a redeeming quality: Dan likes the blue hair. And actually appears unafraid to express that. "I would sign that petition." re: a petition for Phil to make his hair blue.
15:15 - Dan is not going to go full pastel.
15:26 - The wig is temporary but the curls are here to stay.
15:45 - Dan is open to some light pastel tones in his wardrobe. Phil is, apparently, open to being able to stare at Dan on camera with a warm smile while Dan talks.
15:48 - Dan's self-analysis. "I have two modes. Nihilism and wholesomeness. And they're allowed to both be present - nothing inbetween."
16:08 - Phil does end card shoutouts, Dan referring to this type of video as "Phil content."
16:09 - Dan saying, "Not like this." when Phil promos danisnotonfire. Another dig at how dinof is too good for silly stuff like this.
16:18 - "Stay hydrated, breathe deeply." Almost a Dan liveshow ending there.

Actual thoughts:

- Dan teased this AP video with a tweet and also answered questions afterwards. We can tell he still feels an actual content quality divide but it seems limited to actually what is on the youtube channel; he has no problem with some ownership over Phil's content anywhere else.

- Post Baking Universe!Phil lives, now in technicolor on AmazingPhil. Penis talk, nipple talk, stripping down to his undies and not editing it out, casual touches abound with no skittish backing away or overtly making a mockery of it.

- For all that Dan still seems to have too much pride to admit he totally digs the pastels: he totally digs the pastels. And I think Phil either digs them on Dan or else just enjoys providing Dan with an excuse for Dan to indulge in whimsical behavior that he might otherwise feel too weighted down by this responsibility to uphold some kind of quality content threshold. All new clothes for Dan while Phil wore at least two things he already owned, two wigs for Dan when Phil only got one for himself, letting Dan pick tattoos first.

- The only time masculinization/feminization was even glanced off of as a topic was in talking about men exploring pastel colors but only being comfortable doing so under their jeans. No defensiveness from Dan and Phil, no uncomfortable associations (as in, associations that would make them uncomfortable), no trying to explain away except for the basic explanation as the premise of the video.

- In case it wasn't obvious: I liked this a lot, and I'm someone who really wasn't thrilled about the idea of pastel edits just because the concept held no appeal to me. But damn, this video. This was a good video.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Dan's liveshow timestamps - 21 Feb 2017
:12 - "Intellectual evening with Dan Howell."
:43 - "Not like that picture of Harry Styles post-workout."
:56 - Vanilla beanie.
2:20 - "Had a semi-eventful week when it comes to anecdotes."
2:35 - Bored and bisexual.
3:20 - Coffee chicken story
7:45 - "Who needs school to get a job?" Well, we're not all you, Dan. 3
7:56 - "I don't know where Phil got this from." (re: beanie)
8:15 - People telling him how good he looks in the beanie, he responds by saying he'd never buy it and "We've established you don't like who I am."
8:34 - Teasing next dinof video; "big deal, and also not."
9:30 - Salad tossing story. Mentions the gif of him crying talking about cookies. Defends his choice to make a salad.
10:20 - Kitchen is messy bc Phil never tidies or cleans and leaves the cupboards open.
11:25 - Legitimately shaking.
12:40 - He's done that three times this year, tells soup story.
14:00 - Repeats the phrase "you deserve it/I deserve it" a couple times.
17:40- "You can commodify relationships."
18:25 - He played the first couple levels of the horse game in December.
18:59 - ("Continue, said Mandy." He wasn't responding to me but I'll take it.)
20:45 - Music talk.
26:40 - Riverdale, Homeland
27:31 Fave characters are "gay guy" and "girl from New York."
28:13 - Yuri on Ice; wholesome injection into our lives
29:33 - "Forgot piercings" and nail painting for pastel video.
29:51 - Promo Phil's liveshow, tells people demand Phil wear the wig.
30:04 - The universe made them forget nail painting bc "you didn't deserve it."
30:27 - Wishes he was as handsome as Ethan (from H3H3) - "That sexy motherfluffer."
30:44 - ASMR
31:44 - "I just broke the sand thing Phil got me."
31:11 - Calls out "George" again.
32:38 - "Me and Phil have been well good watching the Oscars movies."
32:49 - Extended period of not making eye contact with the camera while describing the plot of Moonlight (coming out story about a gay kid).
33:14 - Starts looking at the camera again.
35:09 - His grandma watched Lion and cried.
35:48 - (reading from chat) "I've got my boyfriend watching your videos, haha." Dan nonsensically responds 'bye' then extended pause as he looks away. Thinking of how to respond?
36:10 - Book of Mormon for fouth time
36:37 - Quarter life crisis is about following dreams vs job your grandparents want you to have.
37:15 - Carol is his favorite TWD character.
37:57 - Garnet is his favorite SU character; she's voiced by Estelle. "Is that true? Phil told me."
38:32 - Another meal; claims it was for Phil's bday still.
39:16 - He'd never choose a Hawaiian pizza but he accepts it. Dan Is Wrong.
41:32 - Favorite BoM song; Turn It Off, Two by Two.
42:29 - New Zealand when he was nine; one of the best times of his life.
42:41 - Christmas episode or San Junipero is his favorite episode of Black Mirror; raves about how "important" San Junipero was.
44:29 - "Me and Phil can't commit to Vidcon europe."
45:44 - Corn kink.
48:14 - Dan forgetting his age.
49:36 - Talking about his curly hair being okay now because it's fashionable now. (Playing with cotton pad while he talks.)
51:15 - He and Phil bought Singstar Motown after seeing the Motown musical so they could "Sing some Motown. Privately." but had forgotten all the songs.
52:19 - Phil told him he should do a quizzes about himself video, but yt quizzes make him want death.
52:53 - Teases a creative project about seven deadly sins, with a bigger production budget; "or maybe just on youtube."
53:36 - Rant on how tumblr posts fit an aesthetic, shitposting, awareness of pop culture references; "If you think everything I reblog is some kind of statement, jesus fricking christ, I need he- I mean, I do need help. And in a way everything I do reblog on some level perhaps is a statemant reflecting some aspect of my personality even if I think it's just some kind of aesthetic appreciation."
55:04 - Feel like people who follow him on twitter and watch liveshows have an idea of who he is, people who just follow him one place must think he's tragic. He's "well-rounded tragic."
56:40 - Dan's shower habits explained.
57:06 - "Salad tossing incident."
57:38 - Statement on respect; long pause as he's trying to pick words, moves on quickly.
59:19 - "Hidden Fingers - hidden fingers. That's an entirely different kind of movie."
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

1-2 Switch - Dan vs. Phil
:10 - "This time we're not putting it in our mouths." YouPorn Katie sighs and realizes that today is still not her day.
:17 - Definitely thought Phil was gonna smack Dan with the controller there.
:28 - "We make quality content that isn't licking things." Dan snapping back at all the people saying the lick video was weak content by... fully agreeing with them.
:48 - I think Dan was shading Nintendo for not giving a freebie game anymore.
1:00 - So if they had a pet, it would belong between them? Equally theirs?
1:38 - "Look, Luigi is the people's champion, Phil." Bc we can't have Phil feeling bad for being Luigi.
2:15 - "Ball count!" Phil reads, then looks straight at Dan. Dan is "Not feeling that." Womp womp.
2:32 - They did clearly try out some of the games but I also get the feeling they didn't actually play every single one. Mostly because Dan overreacting a response to something he's already seen before is generally obvious.
3:08 - okay i get 'penis' and 'Hillary Clinton' but I can't decide if the word before penis is 'boob' 'poo' or 'food.' I feel like Phil would be equally distracted by any of the three.
4:24 - Milk this virtual nip. Squeeze this teat.
4:40 - Dan's face wwhen Phil says 'milk that cow, Dan' - slight horror, discomfort, and intrigue. Same.
5:07 - "I guess it's just natural for you to have an udder in your hand." Phil looking at Dan for reaction again, but jumpcut.
5:35 - Dan is paying too much attention to the sexual tension laden cowboys on screen so Phil has to make a comment about getting his guns out.
5:42 - Phil realizes he can't beat the cowboys for Dan's attention, so he just joins in appreciating.
5:52 - "You know that I'm faster than you." "You're not faster than me!" So affronted, Phil.
6:14 - "You're about to feel my sweet steel." Aborted glance at the camera like he's going to make a weird face, but doesn't go through with it.
6:39 - "Look at that angle, I shot you right in the penis." "I'm not gonna have any more-" I have so many questions about this. Why is Dan obsessed with saying penis on camera now? What won't Phil have any more of? Was it really necessary for Phil to cup his dick as he was saying this? Why was there such a weird jumpcut after?
7:03 - Shake that soda. Yes, Phil, it's going to look so wrong - but you already did the milking one, no point in being shy about it now.
7:31 - Phil seems to have a fear of things like that going off in his hand. (har, har.) His expression here reminds me of the shock pen bit with Jim. I also love the way he thrusts his hand out to Dan when he's giving it back.
8:12 - Yeah, these games are just made for 'two lads.'
8:18 - Who wants to bet the played the baby one as soon as they were done filming?
9:45 - Dan's hand gestures here are so endearing. I wish they did more stuff standing up, for the full body language experience.
10:10 - Dan's quiet gaspy laughing.
10:49 - "Can I get the cape out of the trunk?" The trunk, not your trunk.
11:52 - Was it the hand thrusting motion that made Phil win? Either way, niiiiiice.
12:37 - lmao, Dan's such an ass. He lets go of the board and Phil squeaks and almost drops it.
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

We hAVE to SHOUT to juMP??! - Dan vs. Phil: YASUHATI Don't Stop Eighth Note
0:12 phil says he's "very excited" to play this game. it sounds like it for once.
0:54 phil is struggling not to laugh after he said "the louder you are, the higher you jump". i don't know what this means, but his smile is adorable.
1:05 only 90's kids remember when they actually still said "dan vs. phil"
1:21 dan says phil shouldn't nose the yasuhati sticker. phil retorts, "i've nosed it" in the most satisfied voice ever.
1:26 dan pretends to be grossed out by "phil pore dust", but fails to make his voice sound anything but fond.
1:28 phil clarifies that there is no dust on his pores. thanks, phil.
1:52 dan realizes he has to whisper if he wants to comment during the game. proceeds to whisper very slowly. seems to be a new experience for him.
1:55 in-sync deppy works while whispering too, apparently.
2:00 dan's first attempt at making the note jump. deppy proceed to be hopeful while it's already falling into the abyss in slow motion.
2:21 "what the fuck is this", dan says in a soft voice, after silently laughing ever since phil hit the first note.
2:24 it has been literally 10 seconds of phil making noises and dan is already leaning back in the chair and flailing his hands.
3:10 "imagine being sat next to a train", phil says. dan drags him about it.
3:19 "well you know what i mean", phil says loudly, closing his eyes, while dan continues to rabble on.
3:21 phil is laughing about something now. it seems as if he's laughing about dan's thomas the tank engine impression, but apparently, he's just planning to drag dan about "thomath" already.
3:25 indignated dan face.
3:32 phil tells dan to go first because he'd "like to see his failure".
3:40 phil pretends to have to cough literally a second after promising not to sabotage dan's game. he's on fire right now.
4:03 "our neighbours are gonna call the police", phil says in the exact tone like in the halloween baking video, making it sound like it is an in joke between the two of them.
5:06 dan has realized that "if you're really loud, you can't keep getting louder". a breakthrough. throughout his go, phil mostly laughs when dan is hitting high and/or loud notes. why is this funny to him? does he not suffer? is phil the only person to whom screaming dan is funny, possibly because dan doesn't scream off camera?
5:40 "i'm really good at this, i could keep going forever", dan sings, killing himself instantly.
5:57 "lads, girls, and musical nerds" is the new "guys, gals, and nonbinary pals."
6:03 "philly's in town and he's got a great set of lungs". i love phil trash talking.
6:13 two seconds into phil making noises and dan is already laughing silently.
6:38 dan watch: covering his eyes
6:48 "you don't have to scream, phil. you can just be loud however you want."
6:58 dan watch: biting his lower lip
7:00 dan watch: flinching while laughing at the same time. also starting to get concerned about the neighbours too. now you know what it's like, dan.
7:06 dan watch: scrunched up nose, silent laugh
7:10 dan watch: a delighted giggle, then a sort of snort
7:20 dan watch: poking his tongue out while laughing
7:27 for some reason dan thinks shouting "BANANA" will make this any less weird for the neighbours
7:31 dan watch: biting on his fingers now
7:43 dan watch: clutching his chest
7:50 dan watch: almost crying from phil's growling noises. says "stop" in a soft voice.
8:02 dan watch: poking his tongue out while laugh-crying
9:00 "we're gonna get kicked out", dan says, providing us with yet more fuel for the moving theories.
9:19 phil agrees to do all or nothing with a pained expression. he knows he doesn't have the moral grounds to refuse. or he believes in dan's mysterious plan to improve the video.
9:59 dan watch: flailing and clutching his t-shirt
10:02 dan watch: pointing at phil. he wants us to know that phil is being funny. thanks, dan.
10:25 they both look slightly red due to laughing (and screaming) so much.
10:40 no eyeroll from phil, but a frustrated display of throwing his head back and closing his eyes. he's a scarred man.
11:02 dan makes fun of himself for messing up, phil joins in. i sincerely hope phil managed to randomly add a shouted "WORLD" to their conversations during the next few days to wind dan up.
12:34 this was not how i expected to hear "toxic" again
thank's you were great