Dan and Phil movie/tv recom

A place to compile and archive information for reference/analysis.
daphenaxa
blobfish
Pronouns: she/her

I just took all the posts from the GG thread. Thanks to posts from GG users backin2009, kusunoki masashige, trash queen, bye, blue caterpillar, humanholiday

Films:
28 days later (both)
28 weeks later (Phil)
Akira (Dan)
Argo (Dan)
Astro Boy (Phil)
Back to the future (Dan)
Big Hero 6
Blair Witch Project
Boyhood
Brave
Brokeback Moutain, Life of Pi and Ang Lee's work (Dan)
Cloverfield
Cube (Phil)
Donnie Darko
Elephant (Phil)
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (Phil)
Ex Machina
Harry Potter series
High School musical
Her
Hunger games movies
Feast (Phil)
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (possibly the other FF movies too, but afaik this is the only one Dan's mentioned)
Finding Nemo (Phil)
Inception
Inside out
Insidious
Interstellar
Jurassic Park series
Kill Bill, The hatefull eight and other movies by Tarantino
Kill Your Darlings
Legally Blonde (Dan)
Little Miss Sunshine (Phil)
Mad Max Fury road
Moonrise kingdom
Moulin Rouge! (one of Dan's favourite films)
Mulan (Dan thinks she is badass)
Nightcrawler (Phil thought Jake G. was extremely good in it, and I wholeheartedly agree, SOSO good!!! creepy af!)
Nowhere (Phil)
Rise of the Planet of the Apes (Phil mentioned watching it with his parents and how his mum said it was one of the best films she ever watched)
Run Lola Run (Phil)
Saw series (Phil's favourite is Saw 1)
Scooby Doo (Phil)
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (Phil enjoyed the graphic novels too)
Scream series (Phil)
Silent Hill (only the first, Phil thought the sequel was disappointing, and I agree)
Sky High (Phil)
Sunshine (Phil)
Super 8 (Dan)
Spider Man
Star wars
The Avengers
The Conjuring
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (the Millennium series are some of Dan's favourite books)
The Grand Budapest hotel
The Martian
The Mist (Phil, he's a fan of Stephen King)
The Princess and the Frog (Dan thought Tiana was a good role model)
The Revenant
The Ring
The Science of Sleep (Phil)
The Truman Show
Twilight
Unfriended (can't remember if they enjoyed this one or not? phil might have said it was funny or something)
Vanilla Sky (Phil)
Wall-e
Whiplash

Phil likes Darren Aronofsky films, his favourites are: The Fountain, Requiem for a Dream and Black Swan (which Dan also thought was an incredible movie)
John Green's book adaptations
Miyazaki's movies ( Howl's Moving Castle is Dan and Phil’s fav they also love Spirited Away and My Neighbour Toroto. )

TV shows:
Adventure Time
American horror story
Angel
Breaking Bad
Buffy
Dexter
Doctor Who (they haven't watched the last few series)
Friends
Fringe
Game of thrones
Glee
Heroes
Homeland
Lost
Modern Family
Shameless UK (Dan)
Sherlock
Skins
Take me out (reality show Phil is obsessed with)
The great british bake off
The Mighty Boosh
The Walking Dead
True Blood
True detective
X-Files

Anime series:
Attack on Titan
Black Butler
Blue Exorcist
Chihayafuru
Cowboy Bebop
Death Note
Food Wars!
Free!
Fullmetal Alchemist
Haikyuu!!
Magi
Moomin
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Ouran High School Host Club
Parasyte
Pokemon
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Sword Art Online
Tokyo Ghoul
Yona of the Dawn
Your Lie in April

part of their DVD collection
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
daphenaxa
blobfish

new anime recom from Dan's video:
Erased
Stein's Gate

also for films 10 cloverfield lane (even if it's NOT on the cloverfield universe ;) )
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
human
dan hand trash

Thank you so much for doing this! I just remembered this thread yesterday, so happy to find it here.

I want to know if Dan has started watching Man in the High Castle. It seems his sort of thing. Might try and ask him next time he does a liveshow since he usually always seems to answer my premiums for some weird reason lol.
daphenaxa
blobfish

human wrote:Thank you so much for doing this! I just remembered this thread yesterday, so happy to find it here.
:D

tv shows:
Arthur (animated pictures series for children on CBBC) Dan loved it when he was a kid. "I blame Arthur for making me a furry"
Raven (children's adventure game - think Takeshi's castle for children). Dan loved it, wanted to participate badly, had a crush on the host.
Phil was obsessed with Big Brother UK (reality show) at one point. He seems to like his trashy tv, but has a level of trash he doesn't go beyond (from his liveshow).
Dan: Bake off crème de la crème. (basically great british bake off but for pro bakers), he had an orgasm describing the pastries, wants to try them all

films:
Deadpool
Batman vs Superman. Both said it was so-so, beginning good, ending disappointing. they wanted to whack in too many stuff. Dan still gave it 3/5. "If you're a nerd go watch it, you'll have fun".
daphenaxa
blobfish

villainy
placenta

Hello! I’m new and kinda late to this thread, I just moved here from the GG forum.

They seem to be reading a lot of books as well. I was wondering if you guys also have a list of Dan and Phil’s book recommendations (or just books they’ve read that you guys know of)? The only thing I know is that the Millennium Trilogy is Dan’s favourite and Phil is a fan of Stephen King’s works.