Hollywood - Dolby Theatre - 23rd June

missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

Buy Tickets

Are you going to this date? Want to meet up with others? Post below and we will edit the first post with a list of people attending.

We want to hear all your reviews and opinions from this date. Seen a photo from the m&g you want to discuss, go ahead, we love a good discussion.

A few things:
- This forum is public, which means anyone can see information you post.
- If you are meeting up with others, please make sure you do this in a safe way. Make sure you know who you are meeting with beforehand, and do this in an open, safe place. Perhaps even Skype before to ensure your safety.
- If you are posting spoilers, please do so behind the spoiler tag.

Enjoy x

Attending:
Rusty
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Rusty
phillion/danosaur <//3

I'm going to this as well!
Cora
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: She/Her/Ugh

So I'm day one of my recon mission at the Dolby. I know they're doing a meet and greet and as far as I can guess, they'll be doing it in the green room/Dolby Lounge. The curious thing about this is that I just scoped it out and this room could probably comfortably hold only maybe 20-25 people? How many people are they letting into the m&g?

I took a picture for space visual
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Cora - oh wow that place looks super posh! very nice indeed. I hope you get lucky in your mission.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
DryCereal
koi pond

cora808 wrote:So I'm day one of my recon mission at the Dolby. I know they're doing a meet and greet and as far as I can guess, they'll be doing it in the green room/Dolby Lounge. The curious thing about this is that I just scoped it out and this room could probably comfortably hold only maybe 20-25 people? How many people are they letting into the m&g?

I took a picture for space visual
Found a hidey-hole yet? ;)
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
jess
living flop

I shall be at this one as well. :) Thanks for the recon, cora808.
Cora
eclipse shirt

I have decided after long recon that the Dolby Lounge will most certainly not be where the meet & greet is held, as it's far too small. It will probably get put in one of the mezzanine rooms on a various floor. Not nearly as cute.
Though I am still pretty certain that they'll be getting dressing room 1, which I posted a photo of in the main thread. It has a piano in it
hiddenwombat
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

bump due to the announcement of another (matinee?) show.

is anyone going to get tickets to it? i'm from aus but will just so happen to be in LA when this is on and i would hate myself if i passed up the opportunity. i just do NOT want to go alone.
jess
living flop

I'm calling errant scheduled tweet on this? I don't see anything on TM or any other ticketing website at the moment & this is supposed to be going down in 11 minutes? I don't think so...
jess
living flop

Happy to have been proven wrong. Looks like it is a matinee after all. Wouldn't it have been easier to just state that it is a matinee in yer tweet, Philip? Oh well. Hope those who can go grab tickets. Hopefully you can find a friend, wombat! I have to work early in the day or else I'd volunteer to be your buddy!
hiddenwombat

update: i bought 2 tickets there is one of me who wants to be my friend also why was there not meet and greet available did i miss them? i woke up at 3am and refreshed the page for a bit had a small nap so potentially have missed the boat haha
jess
living flop

VIP for these shows are rows AAA, BBB, AA, & BB. None of those were available when I was finally able to pull up the page (probably 5 minutes or so after 10 am). They seem to be the only ones that sold immediate since I just pulled up ORCH row A tickets.
hiddenwombat

i HAVE TICKETS in row BB?! I do not see the words VIP anywhere in the email though. hm
Rusty
phillion/danosaur <//3

I have tickets in Row BB as well, though I'm considering selling them since I'm already going to the show in the evening. I'm going to try calling the venue when I have time to see if these are VIP or not.
jess
living flop

Sorry, IDB has been taking a shit all day. :(

If your tickets were circa $130 each with fees, they are for sure VIP. Same thing happened with the evening on sale... they weren't marked as VIP, but I received an email a few days later saying that they are VIP & I'll be emailed details at a later date.
Cora
eclipse shirt

It doesn't seem like there's VIP for this show. As mentioned before, the VIP tickets were more expensive, and closer? I'd gladly be wrong.

hiddenwombat wrote:update: i bought 2 tickets there is one of me who wants to be my friend also why was there not meet and greet available did i miss them? i woke up at 3am and refreshed the page for a bit had a small nap so potentially have missed the boat haha
Wombat, if you have no one else to buy your extra ticket before the show, I'll be your seat buddy!
Last edited by Cora on Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jess
living flop

Hmmm... yeah... I didn't notice that there are no $130 seats for this one. I just assumed they were gone already, but I checked the price ranges & they're MIA. I find it strange that they'd have no M&G for the early show.
tilltomorrow
drama llama

jess wrote:Hmmm... yeah... I didn't notice that there are no $130 seats for this one. I just assumed they were gone already, but I checked the price ranges & they're MIA. I find it strange that they'd have no M&G for the early show.
It is probably because they're filming this show so they're prob going to need to set up a lot more before the show.

I'm kinda concerned with how many tickets have been sold so far. Besides the pit and center ORCH sections, everything else is pretty full :? and it's been 5 hours. I remember trying to get tickets to Costa Mesa was chaos for 6+ hours and was maybe 70% sold once the dust settled.
hiddenwombat

tilltomorrow wrote:
jess wrote:Hmmm... yeah... I didn't notice that there are no $130 seats for this one. I just assumed they were gone already, but I checked the price ranges & they're MIA. I find it strange that they'd have no M&G for the early show.
It is probably because they're filming this show so they're prob going to need to set up a lot more before the show.

I'm kinda concerned with how many tickets have been sold so far. Besides the pit and center ORCH sections, everything else is pretty full :? and it's been 5 hours. I remember trying to get tickets to Costa Mesa was chaos for 6+ hours and was maybe 70% sold once the dust settled.
:wahh:
Cora
eclipse shirt

Tickets have been on sale for 30 hours and they *still* haven't even sold out the ORCH section.

Ruh roh.
jess
living flop

tilltomorrow wrote:

Set up wouldn't have much to do with a M&G happening or not since D&P aren't involved in those aspects & the Dolby has plenty of space to host a M&G without affecting the performance space. In the UK they did M&Gs for matinees & evenings, if I remember correctly. I've just come to accept that D&P make horrible decisions with touring.

Costa Mesa was fucking mess, but this matinee is even more of a mess, in my opinion. I think the #1 motivator is having a consistent backdrop for filming, but yeah... crowd shots are gonna be rough for the first show since there'll be circa 25 people there. :?
Cora
eclipse shirt

jess wrote: crowd shots are gonna be rough for the first show since there'll be circa 25 people there. :?
This...may not be an exaggeration.

Mmm, intimate.
hiddenwombat

Cora
eclipse shirt

hiddenwombat wrote:

*shuffles seat*

*shuffles seat*

rawrxoleo
first-time poster

Damn I wish I would've gotten better seats now but it wasn't specified that pit seats were VIP. I wonder why not. I got two tickets in orchestra and am going with my little sister to the matinee if anyone wants to meet up. Also would be cool to gather some fellow phan trash and go somewhere for dinner after if anyone is down? Let me know :D